Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

We spent one night here and one night at hostel blues and the difference was huge but with little difference in price. It was good but not excellent, the bar downstairs was good and let you meet people easily and the bbq would have been good if it wasn't raining. Lack of plugs in 10 bed rooms and only 2 showers per floor was a bit much. Overall good but not the best.

This is a lovely hostel! Close to town centre, nice garden, common room and bar (1 Euro glass of wine?!). BBQ dinner was awesome for 1.5 Euro, plus brekkie for 2. Only issue was we arrived before a thunderstorm, it was humid, we were on the 5th floor with no air con. Worst night's sleep of my life. There was a fan which helped a little. If they installed air con, this place would be pretty perfect!

The room was very warm

So nice hostel! I really enjoyed, thank you! Own bar was amazing! Here you get to know so many travelers as well because there was space to hang out :)

Patio hostel is great for meeting people! The patio outside and the bar downstairs create a great atmosphere. Rooms were spacious enough and they'd put a fan in our room due to the heat. There's also a fridge on every floor making sure there's enough space for your stuff as well. Staff was very friendly and the hostel was easy to reach. BBQ that they offer is on the small size and took an here. Could use more bathrooms on every floor. Elevator was useful!

Lockers were not very secure, they could be opened by several keys. Other than that, it was a fine hostel. Only thing that annoyed me, was that they made me change rooms, so i had to check out in the morning and check in again in the afternoon. That was really annoying, because part of the reason i booked two nights in a quiet city like Bratislava was that i wanted to rest and sleep long.

Super nice staff, super helpful, nice place, the kitchen was not very good. Towels and lock were very appreciated.

Patio Hostel is the worst hostel to be. There is nothing to do in Bratislava, the people there are bad at English and the atmosphere is really bad at this hostel.

Great hostel, clean and tidy. Bathrooms very clean. Lots of stairs- there is an elevator but takes a little while. Atmosphere was really good, they have a bar, patio, and common room. One downside- super super hot!! I was on the 5th floor and because all the hot air rises the room was like an oven! I got moved for my third night down to level one and it was great - much, much cooler.

We only stayed one night at this hostel. But I don't have anything to complain about, room were clean, staff was nice. We could put our backpacks in a storage room when we checked out. Great!

It was extremely clean and great facilities. However we were on the fifth floor with one fan at 35 degrees. It was very hot.

excellent location and good price

Really cool place to stay at. Great staff, nice atmosphere, good location too. Would def stay there again!

Really good hostel. I would only change the check out time, I think is too early.

Location is amazing as well as facilities however atmosphere is lacking

Really good location, just out of the tourist district. Really nice parks and fruit stalls near by. No air con so the rooms get really hot at night. The beds were not so good, and were very itchy. Locker system quite awkward, lots of keys to carry around. Good computers and social area.

The apartment was just perfect for our group of 5 people. Due to extreme summer heat is was very hot, but there were electric fans. I was very pleased with the nice kitchen and perfectly tidy rooms. The hostel is located in a backyard so it is very quiet compared to a lot of hostels I've stayed in.

• 11th Aug 2015
  • Austria

location is perfect, close to the old town hostel is definitely the place to stay when in bratislava.

Way overpriced for a poor bed, sharing a bathroom with an entire floor and no air con. The heat in the rooms is unbearable and I didn't meet anyone who thought different. Good atmosphere and location but the staff are pretty moody, 10am check out time seems unnecessary given you make your own bed. Definitely better value available in Bratislava

I booked for two people in a room for four and the price was very good. My only problem was that I booked a four bed dorm to have some peace and quiet, but the walls and door are very thin and the room was close to the showers, so the first night I did not sleep at all because of the noise. The other nights were better, so I think it depends on the guests staying there. One night some guests were throwing a party with loud music in their room, but the staff handled it very well.

• 10th Aug 2015