Patio Hostel Reviews

Spitalska 35, Bratislava, Slovakia

Does have computers with mics; WiFi only in the common areas. Free laundry (1€ soap)!

Everything in the rooms were falling apart, they tried to force us to wear rediculous bracelets as 'tags' like we're children on a school trip. Staff was rude.

• 6th Jun 2014

Arriving in the middle of the night, the hostel didn't offer us the best first impression. Our door was padded, our window was barred and as far as we could tell there wasn't another living person in the entire building. Despite this, Patio Hostel turned out to be very nice. The bar and games rooms were both very good, and the staff were friendly. The showers were cleaned and there was free tea and coffee in the kitchens. Don't let first impressions spoil this place for you

The staff were great, it was clean and had nice washrooms / showers. It was very cheap and walking distance within pretty much everything Bratislava has worth doing. The down side is, the bar and common room were almost always dead, not a great place to go to make friends and talk to other travelers if you're a solo like me. The kitchen was ok, limited cooking options and space. But if I find myself in Bratislava again I'd be staying here!

A really nice, clean hostel in a good location. Everything in the city centre is in walking distance and it is only a short bus ride from the train station. There is also a very large Tesco supermarket just accross the road. The staff were all friendly and helped us find our way around. Room and bathroom were both good sizes and the bathroom was cleaned daily and was very nice. Kitchen was a bit small with no oven, only microwave and 2 small hobs, but was fine for basic meals.

This hostel is a little gem in a city where accommodation is otherwise very expensive. The basement bar is also a great touch to have some drinks with fellow travellers.

It was a very average hostel stay. The entrance was hard to find.

Great hostel, great staff, great location I would definitely go back. The only very bad point on the whole building was that every single room has a hallway with sofas and kitchens in front of your door step that allows people to be hanging around until very early in the morning at your door making it extremely difficult to sleep and the staff has no control on that at all that was really bad. But I did had a good time of sleep after 5 am :( But the hostel is great ! Very well decorated &clean

The location of the hostel was a quick 10 minute walk to the center of the old city. The reception staff were nice and helpful, but the old bartender was very rude to my group of friends. It was clean and a good value for the price!

the lady working nights on the way in was awesome. We love her

• 28th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

the bed I slept had bed bugs, had some kind of rashes over my body. Guess cleanliness is not their top priority.

The hostel has perfectly maximised it's opportunities. The location worked well for us. very good staff.

The location is close to the bus terminal and you can easily access to major attractions of the town. But it is a bit difficult to find out the hostel as you have to pass through an open entrance to reach the building. The building and facilities were nicely decorated but seemed to lack good maintenance. The numbered written on the key handed to guests did not offer clearly information on room/bed number. Also, staff should have introduced the facilities of the room clearly to guests!

Good place to stay. Peter New Zealand

Cool hostel..cool stuff

Had an awesome stay here. Big shout out to sasha and milo for being very helpful and for showing us around. Very clean and good facilities. Thanks guys

Very clean and bright, colourful hostel in the very center of Bratislava. Nice lockers in the room, young helpful staff, we liked everything, although we stayied just for 1 night.

Good location, helpful staff. Nice that you get drinks on arrival

Kind of straddled the line between feeling like a hostel and a hotel — I'm not sure it's the place to go if you're traveling alone / looking to meet people. That said, really nice place, super clean, great security, friendly staff, good location, nice common area and lounges.

So far the best hostel I've been to - and I have some experience ;) Thank you for the nice stay! Keep on rocking!

• 16th May 2014