Patong Backpacker Hostel Reviews

140 Taweeeong Rd., Patong beach Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

We had an awesome time at this hostel. We instantly felt welcomed by beautiful Pia and all of her lovely staff. Super close to the main attractions and very easy to book activities with the staff at the front desk. 10/10 would recommend - it's a home away from home!

Our stay at Patong Backpacker was unfortunately horrific. The shower is not what is displayed in the photo (not even close), the shared bathroom was dirty with beer bottles and cigarette butts on the floor. The walls seemed mouldy and were most definitely smelly. The people in our room woke us at 5am with their loud drinking and smoking weed. We paid for 4 nights and checked out after 2 without any regret and moved to the GORGEOUS Lupta hostel which was right next door.

Absolutely quality hostel for anyone backpacking! Mama one of the ladies who works there is such a lovely lady! Would defiantly stay here again met so many cool people and less than a 2 minute walk to Bangla road and 2 minutes from the beach it's lovely!

The location was excellent, right by the beach and great night life! My bed had bed bug poop all over it and when I addressed the staff they said, "I know." They didnt care at all. Only good for the location.

All the ladies that work there were all so lovely and willing to help and talk to you. The location was perfect if you want to party, a stones throw away from Bangla road, cheap eats and souvenir places. Not much of an actual atmosphere in the hostel tho, well in my experience but would definitely stay again.

Only stayed for one night on my way to Koh Phi Phi. The location was amazing - it is right in the heart of Patong Beach, although a little difficult to find at first. The staff is wonderful and keeps the place spotless, despite being directly across from the beach. It's really easy to meet people, as here is a large shared space downstairs and lots of Chang with your name on it in the fridge.

It's a very good hostel and the hostel's team is very kind and they are trying to help you all the time. Also there are a perfect environment and is the perfect place to meet new people and share experiencies. i will repeat without doubts if i go to patong again.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Spain

The location is awesome and the staff is really nice. Good place

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Praise for the host, a supernice and helpful woman. Still a little bit noisy as it is in the very central area, but valuable for that amount of money. I recommend it :)

Great location to nightlife and beach with many restaurant choices and shops. Shower and toilet adequate. Good A/C. No shelves or lockers in the bunk room. Small security lockers available in the lobby. No breakfast. There is no lock on the door to the room. While I was out, someone rummaged through my backpack. My expensive phone went missing. Same phone with my travel photos. Very disappointing but my fault for not using the locker in the lobby. Be careful even if everyone seems trustworthy!

Mama was quite funny and helpful!! Really close to the beach and the strip but far away enough that you can sleep at night!! Good common room! Beds were good! Wifi didn't work in the room but was grand in the common room!!

Eh, very average across the board. The one thing D&D has going for it is its location, right in the middle of Khao San. Otherwise the room smelled and had no windows. The bathroom and room itself was clean enough, but overall I would not stay at this hotel unless I was determined to be out partying on Khao San until 3am every day.

The host was really nice, I operate a business at home while traveling so wifi is a necessity for me. We arrived there to find out the wifi wasn't working so I explained my situation and requested for a refund even though they already had no refund policy but the host understood and gave me the money back. The lobby has many mats where you could lay down and watch a movie with all other people - a good way to meet people. The location is unbeatable, a few steps from Bangla street.

Location was amazing for patong beach and for the strip. Socially amazing, people pre drinking or watching movies every night! Mama was really great and made is feel at home. Cleaned non stop!! Cheap icecream !

100% review! If you want to meet people, go here! This place is the best ever! Been to a lot of hostels and this was my favourite. Maybe not the cleanest, but still my favourite. The lady who runs it is like family and takes care of you hence why everyone calls her "mama" haha. You will love this place. I promise! Good location to! We got 18 people from the hostel to go out for a night at the club and it was the best night of my Thailand trip so far! Because of this hostel. I recommend it :)

Great location , great hostel , mamma is quality . Recommend to anyone

• 16th Jul 2015

The hostel was very average in terms of sleeping accommodations, cleanliness, and helpfulness of the staff. The location was excellent, right across the street from the beach and near one of the best "party" streets in Patong Beach. We had a nice stay, but the hostel is definitely nothing over the top.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great location and cleaned thoroughly daily - was very empty when I was there , was just 2 of us in a 10 bed dorm. Maybe they should try and group people in one of the bigger dorms instead of spreading into two as easier to meet people. Very close to Bangla road.

Wifi didn't work in the room. People staying just wanted to party and stay up all night. Great for gap year students who want to let off some steam, being so close to bars and clubs. But not great if you want to do things in the day! Very noisy... Thin walls! Woken up in the night a lot. But it was very cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for! Close to patong beach, but patong was not a great location for a culturally interested person like myself. Getting around Phuket was very expensive!

The bedrooms are clean, comfy and have good AC, however I did find the bathrooms could have been cleaner. The best part to this hostel is without a doubt the owner, Mama, and the location. Mama is amazing! She's so kind and caring and literally takes you in as her own. The hostel is right off the beach and round the corner from the strip. The communal area is great, it gets everyone to mix and creates a great party atmosphere. We loved it so much we're planning on staying again to see Mama!

« first « Prev 1 2 3