Patong Backpacker Hostel Reviews

140 Taweeeong Rd., Patong beach Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Perfect location. Helpful staff

• 24th Jun 2015

Mama is the best! She takes care of everyone and make sure you feel at home! The hostel is very well located! Close to the beach, the main street, the bars, all the restaurants, etc. I didn't feel uncomfortable leaving my bags in a room full of people. Everyone is so kind! I recommend this place to everyone travelling to Patong Beach and trying to have a good time here!

• 24th Jun 2015

Great location right off the main drag by the beach. Rooms were sufficient with great A/C. They set up cheap airport transfer too which was great. Common area was cool too. Only downside was that the wifi didn't work in our room on the top floor.

I had to cancel my booking & did so according to the hostel's cancellation policy. I emailed the hostel multiple times but got no reply back. I called many times to make sure they saw my email to cancel. I finally got a hold of someone and she said she would cancel my booking. I get an email from this hostel a few days ago saying that I was marked as a "no show" and therefore would be charged the full amount. I emailed them back explaining that I cancelled, but no reply back. Irresponsible.

• 18th Jun 2015

thankss to moma for hosting us and allowing a great atmosphere the best place to stay in phuket by far!

• 15th Jun 2015

Mama, the owner, is fantastic. Location opposite the beach and a minutes walk from the strip. People all very welcoming and want to go out every night. Very sociable, very good hostel

A nice hostel with friendly staff. The location is good but it can be loud at night

near patong beach walk for 5 min , nice staff , bath room quite bad and no parking area ( need to pay for parking the bike that you rent )

Definitely a social hostel, met a lot of really cool people! This is for backpackers who want to drink and explore the busy nightlife

• 6th Jun 2015

Right by Bangla road and the beach so location is great! Momma is fun but don't even bother bringing your own drinks in, she'll throw them out! Showers are fine as are the beds. Small common area where people can drink or watch DVDs not both as its too small. Air con is good.

Super location, very nice staff and the common room is so nice with all the people hanging out and watching movies. Definitely recommend this hostel!

I loved Patong Backpacker Hostel. This is a great option for anyone spending time in Patong. The location is great, and there is an AMAZING hang out area in the front of the hostel where everyone chills and hangs out. I met some of the coolest people of my life in this hostel and it's because we were all hanging out in the open area by reception. The showers are decently clean and the bunks are normal. Overall this hostel has a great layout and it's close to everything!

Awesome place to stay! Great location and great people. All super friendly and ended up staying a few more nights because no one wanted to leave! Staff are friendly and helpful, mama is everyone's favourite!

Good hostel; great location; I actually found it quiet, despite the warning from the other reviews (maybe a seasonal thing?). Mama is great, but overrated - but it give people something to talk about! Also a very social hostel - good space where people can hang out and meet each other.

Location is perfect, even if you have to get offered massages on the walk down the little alleyway to get to the entrance of the hostel. The dorm was clean and the a/c did the job. Staff helped us book tickets to the airport so that was good of them. Nothing too negative to report 👍🏼

The staff were absolutely amazing! They were very friendly and made it feel like a home away from home. All staff, especially Mama are so caring and accommodating. Our stay here could not have been any better!

• 28th Apr 2015

I would definitely recommend staying here. Besides being above a shop, the hostel itself isn't too bad and the location is fantastic, right on Patong Beach and not even a 2 minute walk from Bangla Road. The social area is very good, and 'Mama' likes to get herself involved with the backpackers...she is hilarious! Get used to hearing 'one million baht' for anything that you request!! :)

• 27th Apr 2015

Very clean... I'll stay here again Txh.. Mama

I was very surprised by this place! Perfect location!! Almost next to the beach and very close to party street. They let you drink your own alcohol in the common area which was great!! Not many places in Thailand let you do that. Very friendly staff. Definitely recommend!

Right near the centre of Patong near Bangla Road. Great social area for chilling with some beers and meeting people. Mama, who runs the place, is always friendly and welcoming to everyone.

« first « Prev 1 2 3