Patong Backpacker Hostel Reviews

140 Taweeeong Rd., Patong beach Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Mama is the best, best location, best people

Fantastic Hostel!! Very clean and wonderful staff. From the moment I checked in the staff remembered and called me by my name. They were very cheerful and more than happy to answer any questions I had about the local area and my future travel arrangements. The Hostel is located right in the center of the party district but still quite at night and only a stones throw from the beach. A really great place to stay!

• 16th Dec 2014

Amazing clean and comfy hostel. Perfect location, easy to get to the beach and Bangla road. Staff new everyone by name, and were so friendly. Big tv for watching DVDs and comfy beds. My favourite hostel in all my travelling in Thailand

Great hostel - right in the heart of Patong. Good friendly vibe, met lots of people. Easy airport transfer @200ba.

Great hostel, great location. The ladies who work there are very nice and helpful, and are also constantly cleaning and tidying up. Despite the fact that guests were coming and going at all hours, the hostel was always clean. Really enjoyed my stay!

"Mami" is very strict which can be nice at times. everyone is kicked out of the common room at 1am so people can sleep, no shoes are allowed inside the hostel, and she pries people off each other when hooking up. however, I enjoyed it a lot as a solo backpacker I met tons of people the common room is great. the hostel is also very clean. would definitely stay there again.

• 4th Dec 2014

Patong backpackers didn't know about me at all. They sent me around to Kool backpackers after seeing my paper confirmation.

• 27th Nov 2014

I stayed here with 5 other friends and we absolutely loved this hostel! The staff were amazing and the people we met at the hostel were fantastic. I would highly highly recommend for anyone to stay here you definitely get more value for your money! We love you Mamma and Beer!

• 26th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

BEST hostel I stayed in EVER!

Best hostel in Patong! Met so many people. Chill out area is awesome as lots of comfy cushions, can watch dvd's, includes dining table and chairs, can buy noodles and make them to eat, staff are so nice - take Mama with a pinch of salt she hasn't got it easy, but you love her like your own mother! Location is the best - right by the beach, hardly any time to walk to bangla bar road or the big shopping center. Treated myself to leisurely shopping for new clothes etc. No probs with noise. Needs PC

Loved the location 2 mins walk from the beach and Bangla Rd, the main party street. Only had small lockers by the front desk which was not as convenient but the staff in general were pretty nice. Wifi connection was quite weak in the rooms though which I guess helped bring people to the main lobby area to chill.

This place has it all. Very social but also quiet when you need it to be. Close to everything and mama is an amazing host. Would definitely stay again.

Location was great, one block from the beach and close to the restaurants. However, great location means noisy with tons of street noise and music, which is bothersome at night. Security was good, with a front desk and staff that knew the guests. Lockers only in the reception area not in rooms. No wifi in the rooms was annoying. Always had to go to the reception/lobby area to get online which is inconvenient. Also, no shoes inside which keeps sand out but is pretty gross for showering.

Great hostel. Staff lovely and very helpful. Very clean. Only complaint was no barriers on the top bunks... Yes, I fell in the night. Very dangerous... Especially after a few beers! I hated Patong... Sleazy place.... but each to their own! If u do want to visit Patong.... this is a cool hostel.... Im a lone traveller and I met lots of good people in this hostel. Just get a bottom bunk if u plan to go out drinking!!

This hostel was a good value. The staff was AMAZING they even let me hang out there a few days after I checked out to catch an airport minivan. Very helpful, so nice. The only thing I didn't like were the bathrooms. They were pretty clean, but with no shoes not clean enough I would totally stay here again!

Great location for the party scene! Near the beach and bangla street. The staff are helpful, but "mama" is a bit much. It was a pleasant stay overall.

Best place in Patong for backpackers!

i went to backpacker hostel for a month, highly recommend , staff excellent, Pia and Mama , cheap price, good coffee, and big beds if i come back to patong i will stay there again

I was happy to stay here and would again. I felt safe, but there were no locks on any doors hence poor hence poor security rating. I used the shower outside my room as it was in poor working order.

Mama is amazing and so are the other staff. Always so friendly and helpful. Wifi is only available in the common room, which is probably a good thing as it's better to meet people. 5mins to Bangla Road and 2mins to the beach. Really basic, but really clean.

« first « Prev 1 2 3