Patong Backpacker Hostel Reviews

140 Taweeeong Rd., Patong beach Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

Mama i love youuuu... 😘

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

After a month in Thailand, I'm happy with saying this is my favorite place I stayed. The rooms were incredibly clean and just a minute or two walk from the main strip of pubs and restaurants. Staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, will definitely come back here if I go back to Thailand.

Helpful staff, mama was so cute and lonely :) good deals from there for tours and getting to close popular sights. Payed 300 baht to get from patong to Phuket town and on the boat to phi phi island, and usually the boat itself is 600 baht! Good, clean beds and really good aircon! Cool place to chill and really close to beach and bangla road! Not noisy at night even though so close!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Wales

I booked in for two days ended up staying one week. The staff where very helpful. It is a great location, close to the action but quiet for sleeping. The rooms where clean and cleaned every day. Mama was great, she even cooked everyone a thai meal one night for free. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to travellers. The atmosphere in the hostel was fantastic met some great people.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Mama is the best! :) helpful and friendly.

One of the best hostel stay throughout thailand. The staff were very nice, especially mama. I like how they have a spacious common area where everyone could mingle. And the location is just nice.

The hostel staff were great and helped out with setting up travels for the rest of your trip. The hostel was great to meet people with an awesome crowd and close to the nightlife, yet, managed to be quiet.

Mama is the best!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Philippines

charged me double as they ran my card when i had left even thought i paid cash..... pretty dirty place aswell

Good basic accommodation.. Mama and other staff are helpful. Would stay again if in Patong beach

Pros: - Located on the main road in front of the beach - close to the crazy Bangla road - Mama the hotel owner is awesome - Proper hostel feel to it - Good vibe with common room and tv/internet - cheap drinks and snack - very helpful ref local places to eat/drink/visit - Lockers for personables Cons: - Have shops on your doorstep so get mithered - some rooms on bottom floor are not very private I suggest getting a 6 bed dorm which was perfect, modern, clean and a bargain at 350BAHT

Great position and great staff: ask them if you need any information or suggestion.. very helpful! One cockroach a day in the room but ok!

Location was perfect. Security was good. Washroom was not as nice as I anticipated and I stayed in the 4 bedroom ensuite. The one night I stayed there wasn't a party there however I heard that the night before was more lively. No lockers in the rooms but they have lockers behind the reception desk that you use free of charge if you bring your lock. Don't know if you need to pay for a lock I just had my own.

I thought Patong Backpackers was a great little hostel right in the heart of the action in Patong. Mama and the other staff ladies really looked after us, including nursing my mate back to health following a bout of 'bangra road belly'. Only slight downside was no lockers for your big bag but good security for valuables in smaller lockers in reception. I will definitely be recommending to my friends!

Awesome staff, great location and very clean.

Loved this place! Close to everything you need, and Mama is hilarious. Would definitely come back.

Great hostel hidden away around the corner from the main strip! Met a great bunch of people here that we ended up travelling with. Great staff, very friendly and supportive. Rooms were basic but clean

The first lady staff not awere the guest who booked that day. We had booked early but the first lady deny it, we show the booking printed copy and she said we booked for the next day. And she ask we to go to other hostel in Bangla road it take about 10min by walking. Luckly when we want to pay I saw back the booking printed copy and it clearly show we book for that day. We go back to Patong Backpaker by 10min walking. And she only admit that she wrong. Imaging how we much time we spent.

We loved our stay with Muma! She's so much fun and genuinely feels like she wants to look after you while you stay at the hostel! All staff are lovely! the place is very close to everything and all bars but you can still sleep Thanks for having us stay!

Great location, clean, good wifi (but only from the common area), good security at the door. Atmosphere was just okay but most travellers are just passing through and YMMV. Help at the front desk was anywhere from the best ever (thanks for helping me arrange my tours and transport) to disappointing (but It's a tough job maybe someone was having a bad day). I was pleased to have stayed.

View all Phuket Patong Beach Hostels