Patong Backpacker Hostel Reviews

140 Taweeeong Rd., Patong beach Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

The host was really nice, I operate a business at home while traveling so wifi is a necessity for me. We arrived there to find out the wifi wasn't working so I explained my situation and requested for a refund even though they already had no refund policy but the host understood and gave me the money back. The lobby has many mats where you could lay down and watch a movie with all other people - a good way to meet people. The location is unbeatable, a few steps from Bangla street.

Location was amazing for patong beach and for the strip. Socially amazing, people pre drinking or watching movies every night! Mama was really great and made is feel at home. Cleaned non stop!! Cheap icecream !

100% review! If you want to meet people, go here! This place is the best ever! Been to a lot of hostels and this was my favourite. Maybe not the cleanest, but still my favourite. The lady who runs it is like family and takes care of you hence why everyone calls her "mama" haha. You will love this place. I promise! Good location to! We got 18 people from the hostel to go out for a night at the club and it was the best night of my Thailand trip so far! Because of this hostel. I recommend it :)

Great location , great hostel , mamma is quality . Recommend to anyone

• 16th Jul 2015

The hostel was very average in terms of sleeping accommodations, cleanliness, and helpfulness of the staff. The location was excellent, right across the street from the beach and near one of the best "party" streets in Patong Beach. We had a nice stay, but the hostel is definitely nothing over the top.

• 14th Jul 2015

Great location and cleaned thoroughly daily - was very empty when I was there , was just 2 of us in a 10 bed dorm. Maybe they should try and group people in one of the bigger dorms instead of spreading into two as easier to meet people. Very close to Bangla road.

Wifi didn't work in the room. People staying just wanted to party and stay up all night. Great for gap year students who want to let off some steam, being so close to bars and clubs. But not great if you want to do things in the day! Very noisy... Thin walls! Woken up in the night a lot. But it was very cheap so I suppose you get what you pay for! Close to patong beach, but patong was not a great location for a culturally interested person like myself. Getting around Phuket was very expensive!

The bedrooms are clean, comfy and have good AC, however I did find the bathrooms could have been cleaner. The best part to this hostel is without a doubt the owner, Mama, and the location. Mama is amazing! She's so kind and caring and literally takes you in as her own. The hostel is right off the beach and round the corner from the strip. The communal area is great, it gets everyone to mix and creates a great party atmosphere. We loved it so much we're planning on staying again to see Mama!

Very clean. sick atmosphere mama is the best!! Sweet location nice and cool!! Thanks to plenty of fans and aircon!

• 9th Jul 2015

Nice hostel, but the staff was more interested in selling its own tours than giving advice about where to go or what to do. Not very helpful, but the room was clean and beds were confortable

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Spain

Pretty good hostel. The rooms were clean but lacked a storage locker. As a solo traveler I found it a little difficult to meet people but the location was RIGHT next to the party street.

Great hostel for a solo traveller, it had a friendly atmosphere and great, helpful staff! The hostels common area was a great and easy way to meet people as there were always people around! The TV in the common room was usually on too so gave people a nice chilled option for the night if they didn't fancy a big night out. The location though for a night out was great, just a minute walk and you're on the main strip with plenty of choice of bars and clubs!The beach is also right across the road!

Perfect location. Helpful staff

• 24th Jun 2015

Mama is the best! She takes care of everyone and make sure you feel at home! The hostel is very well located! Close to the beach, the main street, the bars, all the restaurants, etc. I didn't feel uncomfortable leaving my bags in a room full of people. Everyone is so kind! I recommend this place to everyone travelling to Patong Beach and trying to have a good time here!

• 24th Jun 2015

Great location right off the main drag by the beach. Rooms were sufficient with great A/C. They set up cheap airport transfer too which was great. Common area was cool too. Only downside was that the wifi didn't work in our room on the top floor.

I had to cancel my booking & did so according to the hostel's cancellation policy. I emailed the hostel multiple times but got no reply back. I called many times to make sure they saw my email to cancel. I finally got a hold of someone and she said she would cancel my booking. I get an email from this hostel a few days ago saying that I was marked as a "no show" and therefore would be charged the full amount. I emailed them back explaining that I cancelled, but no reply back. Irresponsible.

• 18th Jun 2015

thankss to moma for hosting us and allowing a great atmosphere the best place to stay in phuket by far!

Mama, the owner, is fantastic. Location opposite the beach and a minutes walk from the strip. People all very welcoming and want to go out every night. Very sociable, very good hostel

A nice hostel with friendly staff. The location is good but it can be loud at night

Good location but the atmosphere was wtv. Moma kept being strict and often got mad because we wanted to have fun. I think she needs to give more space to the clients so they can have a good time. having said that, this is not a party hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4