Patong Backpacker Hostel Reviews

140 Taweeeong Rd., Patong beach Kathu, Phuket Patong Beach, Thailand

My stay there was amazing. We were all treated to a nice home cooked dinner by Mama and the rest of the staff were equally hospitable. Overall they do a great job of making you feel at home. Travis - California, USA

• 10th Sep 2014

I'd say the dormitory is not really clean especially their toilets.Mama for me is rude because she talked to us like an idiot. She booked us a taxi for 800 baht good for 2 then Mama said there's one guy who wants to join us and split the bill so thats fine with us.when the taxi arrived Mama said we need to pay additional 100 baht so we asked why?but she reacted negatively.Super bad and rude.!!!

NICE HOSTEL NEAR BANGLA RD.

Great location near the beach and bars/restaurants. Basic bedrooms, but nice social area and lockers in reception for valuables. Overall a good hostel.

Great hostel, good location, friendly staff and great atmosphere. Need bag lockers though.

Mumma is amazing as are all the staff!!! Great hostel you won't be disappointed!

Great kind staff -- of two ladies. Aircon wifi. Cheap hostel. Great location

The hostel is in perfect location, a few hundred meters away from Patong beach, Bangla Road, malls, restaurants, etc. It is clean with good security as they place the lockers beside the counter. It offers a great atmosphere to mingle with fellow travelers! But what sets the hostel apart from others is their ever friendly, caring and family-like staff Mama and Pia. I felt like I was with my mom and aunt during my stay because of them. :) Mama and Pia, Lucky will always remember you! Take care!

Mama i love youuuu... 😘

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

After a month in Thailand, I'm happy with saying this is my favorite place I stayed. The rooms were incredibly clean and just a minute or two walk from the main strip of pubs and restaurants. Staff were incredibly friendly and welcoming, will definitely come back here if I go back to Thailand.

Helpful staff, mama was so cute and lonely :) good deals from there for tours and getting to close popular sights. Payed 300 baht to get from patong to Phuket town and on the boat to phi phi island, and usually the boat itself is 600 baht! Good, clean beds and really good aircon! Cool place to chill and really close to beach and bangla road! Not noisy at night even though so close!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Wales

I booked in for two days ended up staying one week. The staff where very helpful. It is a great location, close to the action but quiet for sleeping. The rooms where clean and cleaned every day. Mama was great, she even cooked everyone a thai meal one night for free. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to travellers. The atmosphere in the hostel was fantastic met some great people.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Mama is the best! :) helpful and friendly.

One of the best hostel stay throughout thailand. The staff were very nice, especially mama. I like how they have a spacious common area where everyone could mingle. And the location is just nice.

The hostel staff were great and helped out with setting up travels for the rest of your trip. The hostel was great to meet people with an awesome crowd and close to the nightlife, yet, managed to be quiet.

Mama is the best!

• 22nd May 2014
  • Philippines

charged me double as they ran my card when i had left even thought i paid cash..... pretty dirty place aswell

Good basic accommodation.. Mama and other staff are helpful. Would stay again if in Patong beach

Pros: - Located on the main road in front of the beach - close to the crazy Bangla road - Mama the hotel owner is awesome - Proper hostel feel to it - Good vibe with common room and tv/internet - cheap drinks and snack - very helpful ref local places to eat/drink/visit - Lockers for personables Cons: - Have shops on your doorstep so get mithered - some rooms on bottom floor are not very private I suggest getting a 6 bed dorm which was perfect, modern, clean and a bargain at 350BAHT

Great position and great staff: ask them if you need any information or suggestion.. very helpful! One cockroach a day in the room but ok!

View all Phuket Patong Beach Hostels