Pauliceia Hostel

Fabulous 164 Total Reviews

• Spain, Male, 41+
12th Feb 2017
2.3

Wifi doesn't work Insects in kitchen Mosquitoes bite you at night Dangerous street at night The manager, 'threw' all my food away. It was stolen. When I asked why. He said the food didn't have a sticker on it with my name. When arrived and bought the food, there were no stickers so I wrote my name on the packages. So I told him and he said I should have asked!! For him it didn't matter that my name was written in the packages.

Hello Thank you for taking the time to give us a bad review. Im gonna try to turn your review into something positive to our future guests. If you you're staying in a hostel and you want to have a good time just talk to the staff members when there is a problem and see if they can solve the problem instead of keeping the problem to yourself and making a horrible review about the place after checking out. We have some basic rules at the hostel one of them is about putting a label on your food if you're going to use the fridge. Your're food wasn't labelled so we throw them away, sorry about that but in order to avoid that kind of problem you could just ask someone at the reception for more labels ands just label your food ;-) Our neighborhood can get dangerous at night specially on friday and saturday night because there is a lot o bars and clubs, so before going out just ask someone at the reception if its safe to walk around the hostel at night on that specific day ;-) In the summer we have a lot mosquitos and some other pests, but just ask for someone at the reception for some repellent and tell them where you saw some insects the they can throw some bug spray on that spot ;-) I hope my response can be useful to our future guests for them to have a good time at our hostel :-) Kind Regards, João Escovar Hostel Manager

• andyremoto
  • Brazil, Male, 31-40
3rd Feb 2017

The staff was friendly from the moment I stepped in, very welcoming, the hostel furniture and decoration are incredibly well chosen. The structure of the building is a stand out from the entrance you see the check in desk at the end of nice old steel stair, you feel like you're in a house from a movie, and it's cosy from end to end, you can be alone or gather with other guests. The location was the pinpoint for my choice but after my stay, it's the whole which is bringing me back.