Pause Reviews

1 Pasero Street, Caye Caulker, Belize

Be aware, I have stayed in very cheap rooms all over the world. I left here after 1 day. The condition of my room, showers & bathrooms were dirty, the smell of urine in the bathroom/shower was heavy and the TP bin was never emptied. The showers had dead roaches and I was afraid to be in bare feet. You need to have a staff person cleaning. There was a loud power plant next door. I also worry about the cats, I thought they were better cared for, not caged. Sorry, I cannot recommend.

• 16th Nov 2014

PAUSE, is a NON-SMOKING hostel and it states so on HOSTEL WORLD, this person writes a bad review because we had to keep asking her NOT TO SMOKE and she was very rude and disrespectful toward other customers who are here for the NO-SMOKIING policy, blowing smoke in their faces plus insisting to bring strangers to her room when we informed her that only paid guests are allowed. Cats have a wonderful life here & everyone who comes here sees that, unless you just want to be wicked & cause problems

Absolutely excellent stay at PAUSE, the owner Maddy is a lovely person, very approachable, friendly and helpful and is very knowledgable of the island, being a long term resident. I stayed in the mixed dorm during my stay which was well equipped with two large, rotating fans, ample power socks and a couple of lockers for storage of valuables. The hostel itself has a wonderful private beach w/kayaks, which is great because beaches are very few and far between on this islands. Highly recommend.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I really loved my stay at PAUSE...it was probably the best place I've stayed in a month in Central America. The location is perfect – very quiet and literally backing onto the Ocean. the island is tiny, so it's near everything you need. Madi the owner was very welcoming and provided kyaks for free, which are perfect. the room and bathroom are basic but clean and comfortable. i also walked a puppy almost every day... oh, you definitely need to like dogs & cats to stay here! highly recommend.

You will love this hostel! Especially the thir own beach and free kayaks

View all Caye Caulker Hostels