Very Good 318 Total Reviews
Very Good 318 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

Pause is a quirky fun place, not just a bed. All of the staff were super accommodating and are having fun doing it! We spent days chilling on the dock which has its own reef going on and there's always fish/crabs/stingray/seahorses to be found. We read reviews about the noise from the power station, we only heard this briefly on one cool evening. We also read reviews about a smell of cat, which is true but its only occassionally. Keep in mind this is island life and you'll have a great time.

Thank you for staying with us,and sharing your experience at Pause CAYE CAULKER IN BELIZE, We open a new pause hostel in chetumal with beautiful sunrise. thank you again from pause crew and pets.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
26th May 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights. It's a pretty basic place. Some reviews point out smell but I had no issue. I stayed in the 6 bed + ensuite which is a separate building. No A/C but all the beds have fans but can still get hot. The setting is excellent. Has its own dock and lots of areas to relax plus kayaks and bikes to use. The animals generally stay out of your way but are very tame otherwise. Close to some good local food spots and everything else in walking distance.

• blankakesek4570
  • Sweden, All Female Group, 25-30
21st May 2017
7.1

Overall the hostel is fine, clean beds, working shower, well equipped kitchen. Its on the wind still side with its own beach which is absolutely wonderful! There were bikes and kayaks available for guests to use which was a great way to explore. Note though that there are a lot of animals around, but they stay downstairs mostly. There are only small lockers for valuables. The security is quite bad, with my bag getting snatched from the dorm in the middle of the night, but I would still go back.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
9th May 2017
8.0

A lot of people describe this place pretty bad and i never go by that. Thats why i choose to stay at pause. And no its not as bad as people describe it. I mean it could need some renovation for sure and yes it smells a bit outside and only there. The dorm is pretty cool and we had it all to ourself. The lady is very nice amd helpful and the place was clean enough. I loved the fact tht u acrually habe the showers and toiletts outside and not as usuall in the. Building. We used free bikes from the

• Argentina, Couple, 31-40
6th May 2017
6.6

Good location. Comfortable beds.

29th Apr 2017

I wouldn't consider myself a cat "lover" exactly, but I did love this place. The cats were cool too. A beautiful dock to sit on and enjoy the breeze, great kitchen, hammocks everywhere (as well as cats), and the were comfortable with plenty of space to lock things up. There is a slight odor of...cat..as mentioned by a few others, but I only ever noticed it on the ground floor near the house. The dock, dorm, and kitchen didn't seem to have that problem.

27th Mar 2017
5.1

I was expecting there to be animals, just like the posting mentioned but I didn't expect the entire place to smell like a litter box. I would not recommend this hostel.

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Feb 2017
5.1

Not for the faint hearted. I found the smell of cat urine overpowering. The general cleanliness of the hostel was poor. The bunk beds were very unstable and rocked every time someone moved. Showers were cold. It's a great cause and the animals are lovely. A number of improvements could be made to the hostel however

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
20th Feb 2017

Beautiful spot, pretty basic showers and bathrooms but it's got everything you want. Would be one of my favorite hostels if it weren't for all the cats.....

11th Feb 2017
5.1

Some issues with getting the right price for the room I stayed in which ended up to be too much to be a hassle to get a refund for. Owners had a terrible excuse. Accommodations were basic.