Pause Reviews

1 Pasero Street, Caye Caulker, Belize

Be aware, I have stayed in very cheap rooms all over the world. I left here after 1 day. The condition of my room, showers & bathrooms were dirty, the smell of urine in the bathroom/shower was heavy and the TP bin was never emptied. The showers had dead roaches and I was afraid to be in bare feet. You need to have a staff person cleaning. There was a loud power plant next door. I also worry about the cats, I thought they were better cared for, not caged. Sorry, I cannot recommend.

• 16th Nov 2014

Absolutely excellent stay at PAUSE, the owner Maddy is a lovely person, very approachable, friendly and helpful and is very knowledgable of the island, being a long term resident. I stayed in the mixed dorm during my stay which was well equipped with two large, rotating fans, ample power socks and a couple of lockers for storage of valuables. The hostel itself has a wonderful private beach w/kayaks, which is great because beaches are very few and far between on this islands. Highly recommend.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Scotland

I really loved my stay at PAUSE...it was probably the best place I've stayed in a month in Central America. The location is perfect – very quiet and literally backing onto the Ocean. the island is tiny, so it's near everything you need. Madi the owner was very welcoming and provided kyaks for free, which are perfect. the room and bathroom are basic but clean and comfortable. i also walked a puppy almost every day... oh, you definitely need to like dogs & cats to stay here! highly recommend.

You will love this hostel! Especially the thir own beach and free kayaks

The smell of cats wee is unbearable, couldn't wait to leave. Bed bugs also. Not the greatest of stays. Luckily caye caulker is a fantastic island

Sadly this gentleman refused to read our profile which is clear before he booked probably just went for the cheap price therefore, since he does not like animals/cats the first smell that comes to his nose is going to be blamed on the cats. For every ones' info. that smell was reported to authorities a while back which is coming from our neighbors sewer tank that broke & it has not been fixed yet. In addition, sand flies are all over the island & not just here which is what was biting him.

View all Caye Caulker Hostels