7.2
Very Good 248 Total Reviews
7.2
Very Good 248 Total Reviews
Pause Located at 1 Pasero Street, , Caye Caulker.
Pause
Pause
    Rooms available

• USA, Couple, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016

We had a great time at pause hostel! There were awesome docks to sit on and relax we some very large sting rays swim past us. The animals were fun to have around and were very friendly. The staff was welcoming and friendly they helped us navigate around the island. We were able to use the kayaks at the hostel to paddle. Overall it was a great place to be and would definitely stay there again, great price and pretty clean,nice kitchen too, do wish there was soap at the sink.

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Sep 2016
7.7

The epitome of budget accommodation, if you are a precious or needy backpacker this place wouldn't be for you... I enjoyed it! Free kayaks to use for the water that's by the hostel. Basic showers/ toilets/ beds/ kitchen etc There are lots of cats and some dogs, and 1 duck, but luckily for me I love animals :-) If you've a laid back approach to travelling and can put up with the bare necessities then this place is a great money saver and chilled environment, if you need nice things it's not

• USA, Female, 25-30
7th Sep 2016
2.3

I have never had such an awful hostel experience - and I didn't even stay! Their staff was insanely unfriendly and unwelcoming, asked me to pay more than what I understood I owed given their insane cancellation policy which holds a 50% deposit on my card, wouldn't let me check in until I paid, but i wasn't going to pay until I talked to the manager who was going to show up "sometime later." And now to top it off they charged and ADDITIONAL $20 US DOLLARS TO MY ACCOUNT. I have never been so mad.

• England, Female, 31-40
30th Aug 2016
7.4

The hostel is what you pay for. I had no issues with the animals and I found the staff very friendly. The only problem was there was no gas for the oven (there is now) and one electric plate for the whole hostel to use made self catering difficult. I witnessed the most beautiful sunset on the anointing beach to the hostel :-)

• England, Female, 25-30
21st Aug 2016
7.1

Yes there are lots of animals and its very rustic island accomodation. You can get a bit of a smell in some places but it's not strong. The rooms are wooden cabins so they're not super clean but I felt fine about sleeping there. There is no ac, only fans so it is a bit warm but you are on the water front so you get a breeze, I had no problem sleeping. If you are OK with animals and looking for cheap accomodation then it is fine.

• USA, Female, 25-30
18th Aug 2016

We really enjoyed our time at Pause! We even stayed two extra days. Some people who have reviewed this place seem to be too high-maintenance and have ever stayed at a hostel. But we found it to be clean, hospitable and welcoming. Not to mention our money goes to a great cause. The animals never get in the way. It's not dirty or smelly. Great price on a beautiful island! Go slow!

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
16th Aug 2016
2.3

After not being able to check in until 6.30 pm due to confusion over the previous guests belongings still in the room, we were finally allowed into the tiny private room whose door does not close and the bed you have to make yourself. Toilets a good walk away and there is one shower for all guests. After hoping into the creaky bed we soon began getting bitten repeatedly all over our bodies by fleas. I actually caught them jumping off me so I know what they were. After a miserable night we asked

• Slovenia, Female, 31-40
12th Aug 2016
7.1

Very nice place,private dock and beach as well.Pity u can not swimm,its a bit dirty. It is close to everything...good value for the money😄 Eventhough its a sanctuary cats are not allowed in dorms and kitchen,so thats not a problem at all.

12th Aug 2016
5.7

Caye caulker is really expensive, this place is definitely cheap, so you get good value for your money. But what you get is very poor. The main door and the dorms have no keys, which means poor security. There is no aircon, which makes the heat unbearable at night. But mostly: the 6 bed dorm had a bathroom haunted by coakroaches. I couldn't use it and used the shared one instead. The staff in really nice and after I told them they said they would have taken care, but still this shouldn't happen!

• England, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

A lovely place to stay on Caye Caulker island- especially if you are an animal lover. The setting on the sea front is the real highlight, we enjoyed drinking on the pier and swinging in the hammocks over the water. We made use of the free kayaks and had a great trip up to the split in the island, this was a great added bonus! The host is extremely friendly! We loved chatting with her and really enjoyed our stay with lovely people in a hostel doing great things!