7.0
Very Good 334 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 25-30
11th Aug 2017
8.0

It is a cool little hostel on the island. You feel you are in a secluded place at this hostel. I enjoyed my four nights here. It is the best value hostel on the island. But with all hostels, you do get what you pay for. I would stay again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017
5.1

Just so you know, it's a cat sanctuary. There are cats everywhere, and it stinks like cat pee. Not enough fans for each person in the room, and the guy running it is pretty creepy. The only positive was the jetty where you could drink, but that's about it. Would not recommend.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
26th Jul 2017
4.0

Do not stay here.We're not fussy travellers but this was not a place any1 should stay.Owner wasnt there for our 5 night stay & was left to be run by her nephew who hates working there+hates the cats(his words),was a creep to women guests & has completely given up on the hostel.He had no professionalism.Kitchen facilities hardly worked+filthy.Kayaks available have bigholes proving to create dangerous situations.Cats were kept inhumanly in cages with diseases,70 on property-stunk of cat.

• USA, Female, 31-40
10th Jul 2017
6.6

None of these reviews mention the poor state that nearly every one of these cats are in. All but two that I saw were emaciated, most were covered in some kind of dermatitis, & some had obvious sinus infections, and their one dog is matted and COVERED in ticks :(. Obviously something is keeping these guys around, and I hope that all of the proceeds are going towards their care, but I've owned cats all of my life and none of them looked like that. I cut my stay in half and booked another place.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
29th Jun 2017
7.7

Great experience, friendly and welcoming. Kayaks were great. Clean and has all the basics you need. However, there's not much going on in terms of an atmosphere and people tend to keep to themselves.

27th Jun 2017

I spent about four days here and enjoyed my stay. The staff was so helpful and kind. I learned a bunch about the people and the wildlife just by staying there. I even got heat exhaustion and they helped me out and made me feel safe and okay. Pause never once made me feel out of place or unsafe. I highly recommend Pause and will definitely be staying there again myself.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
3rd Jun 2017

Pause is a quirky fun place, not just a bed. All of the staff were super accommodating and are having fun doing it! We spent days chilling on the dock which has its own reef going on and there's always fish/crabs/stingray/seahorses to be found. We read reviews about the noise from the power station, we only heard this briefly on one cool evening. We also read reviews about a smell of cat, which is true but its only occassionally. Keep in mind this is island life and you'll have a great time.

Thank you for staying with us,and sharing your experience at Pause CAYE CAULKER IN BELIZE, We open a new pause hostel in chetumal with beautiful sunrise. thank you again from pause crew and pets.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
26th May 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights. It's a pretty basic place. Some reviews point out smell but I had no issue. I stayed in the 6 bed + ensuite which is a separate building. No A/C but all the beds have fans but can still get hot. The setting is excellent. Has its own dock and lots of areas to relax plus kayaks and bikes to use. The animals generally stay out of your way but are very tame otherwise. Close to some good local food spots and everything else in walking distance.

• blankakesek4570
  • Sweden, All Female Group, 25-30
21st May 2017
7.1

Overall the hostel is fine, clean beds, working shower, well equipped kitchen. Its on the wind still side with its own beach which is absolutely wonderful! There were bikes and kayaks available for guests to use which was a great way to explore. Note though that there are a lot of animals around, but they stay downstairs mostly. There are only small lockers for valuables. The security is quite bad, with my bag getting snatched from the dorm in the middle of the night, but I would still go back.

• Germany, Female, 31-40
9th May 2017
8.0

A lot of people describe this place pretty bad and i never go by that. Thats why i choose to stay at pause. And no its not as bad as people describe it. I mean it could need some renovation for sure and yes it smells a bit outside and only there. The dorm is pretty cool and we had it all to ourself. The lady is very nice amd helpful and the place was clean enough. I loved the fact tht u acrually habe the showers and toiletts outside and not as usuall in the. Building. We used free bikes from the

×