Very Good 314 Total Reviews
Very Good 314 Total Reviews

• Germany, Female, 31-40
9th May 2017
8.0

A lot of people describe this place pretty bad and i never go by that. Thats why i choose to stay at pause. And no its not as bad as people describe it. I mean it could need some renovation for sure and yes it smells a bit outside and only there. The dorm is pretty cool and we had it all to ourself. The lady is very nice amd helpful and the place was clean enough. I loved the fact tht u acrually habe the showers and toiletts outside and not as usuall in the. Building. We used free bikes from the

• Argentina, Couple, 31-40
6th May 2017
6.6

Good location. Comfortable beds.

29th Apr 2017

I wouldn't consider myself a cat "lover" exactly, but I did love this place. The cats were cool too. A beautiful dock to sit on and enjoy the breeze, great kitchen, hammocks everywhere (as well as cats), and the were comfortable with plenty of space to lock things up. There is a slight odor of...cat..as mentioned by a few others, but I only ever noticed it on the ground floor near the house. The dock, dorm, and kitchen didn't seem to have that problem.

27th Mar 2017
5.1

I was expecting there to be animals, just like the posting mentioned but I didn't expect the entire place to smell like a litter box. I would not recommend this hostel.

• England, Male, 31-40
21st Feb 2017
5.1

Not for the faint hearted. I found the smell of cat urine overpowering. The general cleanliness of the hostel was poor. The bunk beds were very unstable and rocked every time someone moved. Showers were cold. It's a great cause and the animals are lovely. A number of improvements could be made to the hostel however

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
20th Feb 2017

Beautiful spot, pretty basic showers and bathrooms but it's got everything you want. Would be one of my favorite hostels if it weren't for all the cats.....

11th Feb 2017
5.1

Some issues with getting the right price for the room I stayed in which ended up to be too much to be a hassle to get a refund for. Owners had a terrible excuse. Accommodations were basic.

• Canada, Female, 31-40
8th Feb 2017

I love animals and this is a great place to stay if you do too. Madi is a patient, friendly and helpful host and the location is beautiful. My only suggestion would be to have a spray bottle with water and a bit of bleach in the kitchen, lots of folks cooking fish and a bit more need for food safety. I loved it here and would recommend it to anyone who loves kitties!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
21st Jan 2017
3.4

When we got there all you can smell is overwhelming cat pee. There are no locks on any door and everywhere on the island takes cash so that wasn't great either. They got us to pay for all our booked nights ahead of time and because it was not at all what we were hoping for we wanted to leave a night early. We told them more than 48hrs in advance and they still wouldn't give us our money back for that night. And you're not allowed to wear shoes in the common area including the kitchen! not good

• England, Couple, 25-30
17th Jan 2017
7.1

Nice hostel if you're on a budget. Good self catering facilities, nice relaxed atmosphere. Free canoes. Near the island's generator so a little noisy but you get used to it. Slept in the 6 bed dorm, there's a resident rat, saw it a few times. Had droppings on my sheets most days. It also bit holes in my backpack which I'm annoyed about as the bag was a gift. I didn't keep any food in it. Told the hostel and they've said they'll lay down traps. Had a great time otherwise, would stay again.