8.1
Fabulous 192 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 192 Total Reviews
Pause Located at 1 Pasero Street, , Caye Caulker.
Pause
    Rooms available

• Scotland, Couple, 31-40
27th Apr 2016
6.6

The lady who owned the hostel wasn't around when we arrived so we weren't shown the kitchen facilities etc. Dorm was ok, lots of fans to cool down. Good shower! I'm allergic to animals but wasn't a problem at all as they are kept separate, it is a bit smelly though! Nice little beach area to relax in hammocks.

• sarahcarroll91
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Apr 2016
6.0

Very mixed feelings about this hostel, firstly the location is unbeatable, Caye Caulker is heavenly and the dock right in the hostel with kayaks was so great. However we felt rather neglected during our stay. On arrival we waited 7 hrs to check in despite arriving during the advertised times. The kitchen was filthy and toilets often without paper. So much promise and the animals are well looked after but there needs to be improvements to warrant the cost for guests. Would pick somewhere else.

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
20th Apr 2016
5.1

Let me begin by saying I am a total cat lover - but 87 cats on a hot beach is pretty stinky. Both our room and the communal kitchen were quite dirty - there were piles of dishes (no clean cups) the 4 days we stayed. Our phone charger was also stolen from beside our bed. Pause is also located near an electrical station and an industrial dock. It was very noisy and the water from the end of the dock does not appear clean enough to swim.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
19th Apr 2016
7.7

Great location on quiet side away from bars & private dock. Free kayaks. Interesting & unique hostel in an animal sanctuary. Cold showers and relatively poor kitchen facilities only negatives. Come here if you want a chilled stay - make your own atmosphere!

12th Apr 2016
5.4

Pause is special for those who have a very high interest in staying in a cat sanctuary, but the level of amenities and overall finish of the place makes it less appealing for those who are simply seeking a good place to stay in Caye Caulker. There is no a/c in the rooms, no hot water in the showers, and limited plumbing facilities. However, it is right on the beach, and has a relaxing shaded hammock and bbq area, and it is close to the beach.

• England, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2016

Pause has a wonderfully laid back chill-out vibe. Great hammocks, decent WiFi, ample kitchen and social area, free kayak rental, free coconuts, fans in the rooms, it's on the water and has the most spectacular sunset from the private dock. Madi and her family are lovely, helpful and you can tell the animals are loved and well looked after. Wouldn't stay anywhere else on Caye Caulker - I liked it so much I extended my stay.

• Greece, Female, 25-30
3rd Apr 2016

Pause is located in a quiet spot, with access to tbe beach, a dock and a platform to watch the sunset. It is nevertheless close to everything, as Caye Caulker is a tiny island. Showers and toilets were clean, the room had some sand, but hey, this happens when you stay at the beach! Free canoes were a big plus to get to the split, as the water in front of the hostel is not inviting. Very friendly staff, consisting of a family. Cats were let out in groups, so they were never too many of them.

• USA, Female, 25-30
31st Mar 2016
5.4

I wouldn't be able to speak to actually staying at Pause, but I can speak to their customer service. When I booked in January they ran my card too many times and overcharged me. We decided that I could just pay the balance when I arrived and I agreed to that. Due to a serious family emergency I had to cancel my trip to Belize and needed to cancel my stay with Pause. I tried contacting them 3 times to cancel my stay and sort out the payment options. I never heard from them. I'm irritated.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
26th Mar 2016
7.1

Upstairs room was good, you couldn't smell any animals. Kitchen very basic and not too clean. The view was amazing. Very nice and quiet. I don't love animals but this was fine for me as they all stayed downstairs and I had the room up by the kitchen.

25th Mar 2016

Lovely hostel, love having cats and dogs around, all very friendly. Room is basic but has everything you need, lots of fans and you can see the sea from your bed! Kitchen is great, has everything you need. Kitchen and bathroom have community bins so you can leave unwanted things and share with other backpackers, I think this is a great idea. Wifi worked well. Beautiful little section of beach with loungers and hammocks and a pier to the water you can go kayaking and swimming. Would stay again.