Pax Hostel Reviews

Salta 990, Buenos Aires, Argentina

We thought the staff were very helpful and given the run down nature of the hostel itself, did a marvellous job. WE LOVED THE GUITAR CONCERTS AT THE FRONT DESK AND THE OBVIOUS WARMTH AMONG THE STAFF. sADLY THE TOILETS AND BATHROOMS ARE IN GREAT NEED OF UPDATING.

• 2nd Mar 2015

Had a lot of noise in the room, the room and the bathroom were very dirty. i don't liked the hostel. Not recommend.

This is probably a good place to stay when it's cold, there wasn't much air in the rooms. The downstairs bar was very stuffy, it needs a proper air conditioner Staff were friendly

Good hostel for the money, clean kitchen, average bathrooms but good water pressure. Just not much atmosphere. The twin room we had didn't have a fan or a real sort of window so it was quite hot. Its also on the edge of San Telmo so not and feels a bit dodgy at night. We moved after two nights closer to the centre of San Telmo (worth paying the extra money)

• 21st Jan 2015

Pros: Cool staff Cons: We went and the air conditioning was broken. Was so so so hot in the rooms, we stayed on the bottom floor and it was like a dungeon. Had a strong smell of sewerage - booked for 2 nights but had to leave after 1. Not recommended

they always organize things to do for dinner time and it's a great way to meet people and enjoy the place

Great spot, awesome staff. Thanks!

• 6th Jan 2015

Great Hostel for the Money you are paying! Nice Rooms, lockers and an allright breakfast! Staff is friendly and the Bar is nice too!

• 16th Dec 2014

Came back a second time. Still recommend it. Thanks everyone for the good vibe and wonderful times.

Overall a good place to stay in Buenos Aires. staff are very kind and helpful and are regularly cleaning the facilities. There are social activities every night. stayed for a week in both the private and 4 bed dorm. The private room is great value, with heaps of space and a large ensuite. Air con remote missing so not able to change temp. The dorm had no window for natural light or air, and it got very hot/poorly ventilated. Not the best comon area (in the basement). Happy stay otherwise.

Decent location, being just a couple minutes walk to the heart of San Telmo. There's a nice bar area in the downstairs to hang out in. The staff were good and helpful. The showers were fantastic, and breakfast was good too. The downsides were the bunk beds seem old and really shaky, and the kitchen is not very well stocked at all. However, it's a cheap place to stay and it does the job.

Great staff and cleanliness but the hostel is located right next a busy road so it was ALWAYS noisy! breakfast is really quite average

I have stayed at PAX twice now while passing through BA. Both times I have stayed in the 4 bed dormitory and only once did I have 1 other room mate. I felt very safe in PAX despite having 60 kilos of mountaineering equipment on my way to Patagonia. You can also store your more important belongings (pass port, money, phone, etc... ) with the staff behind the desk. The staff were bilingual in spanish and english and gave good advice on where to exchange money and get food. I will stay again.

• 30th Nov 2014

I slept much better at this hostel than several others in the same city. It seems peaceful, but does have a bar for those who like to party. Breakfast had more than the usual sugars in this part of the world. My favorite part was the staff. So super kind and relaxed. :) I enjoyed their rooftop terrace to. You will not feel like in a 5 star hotel, but for the money they are very good in my opinion. I ended up staying longer. Thank you PAX.

Pax Hostel is a very average hostel but it definitely has positives. It's cheap! in a good location, the showers had epic water pressure, my dorm room was super quite and comfy and any breakfast that includes eggs has to be good. There was something lacking in regards to vibe because the staff and guests didn't seem to interact with each other like in other hostels. Although, I joined some of the staff and their friends at the BA gay/pride parade and we turned it into a pub-crawl. Fun times.

Everything is great. Good people, nice and clean facilities. Dorms and bar are very well distanced so you can actually sleep. I especially love the little curtains I got in my bunk bed, I wish more hostels would have that. All and all fantastic place, I highly recommend it.

View all Buenos Aires Hostels