Pax Hostel Reviews

Salta 990, Buenos Aires, Argentina

The humidity of our double room was so high that it was difficult to sleep! Water on the floor and wet bed! I think that with the same price you can find something better in BA!

One of the better Hostels I've been to. Good facilities. Good location. Decent breakfast.

• 13th Aug 2014

I really liked the freindly staff and there was allover a relaxed and open atmosphere at the hostel with a lot of cool people to hang around. The only minus I have to mention is that it could be cleaner sometimes and the breakfast is kinda basic, but despite of this I will definitively come again because I like the Pax Hostel a lot!! :)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • bananaphone

Nice enough hostel, and the staff were friendly. Could benefit from some better beds, power points in the rooms, and maybe an organised an organised bar crawl or something.

Great hostel for the price. Very nice and helpful staff!

There are structural problems in the electrical and in the water system, so the light is almost always absent in the rooms, also making it impossible to use electrical outlets, while cold water is a rarity for a pressure drop that occurs above the evening! Taking a shower could mean getting burned! The kitchen, almost always dirty and untidy, it is poorly equipped and not provided even the salt! The breakfast is great and the midweek initiatives organized by the staff are so many. Recommended.

Hi, thank you for staying at PAX Hostel and for the review. I just need to clarify that the electrical problem is not ours. The city's electricity provider was fixing the lines and all the block was affected. The "cold water" problem only affects the kitchen sink, not the showers as you wrote. We clean the kitchen several time per day, unfortunately not all guests clean after themselves when using the kitchen.

Overall, this hostel was great for the money. The only downfall was that the stove worked really poorly so cooking took a long time and you often has to wait to use it. Also, it seems that all of the hostel volunteers hang out in the hostel all the time and are the ones using the computers and kitchen. Clean room, comfy beds, nice staff.

I stayed in the dorm for 3 nights in May 2014 and I can totally recommend this place! It's one of the cleanest and best hostels I have ever been to. Beds & sheets smelled fresh. Bathrooms were always clean too. In addition, the beds in the dorm were long. I'm 1,87m and in many hostels the beds are too short for me, not here. The staff speaks English and was really helpfull too. Especially for Buenos Aires good value for money and well connected by subway.

• 12th May 2014
  • Austria

This hostel used to be really good. I stayed there also 2 years ago. Now it's not like it used to be . Cleanliness, the breakfast, and facilities were not according my expectations. However the staff is still in a positive rate, being helpful and friendly.

• 30th Apr 2014