Pax Hostel Reviews

Salta 990, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Came back a second time. Still recommend it. Thanks everyone for the good vibe and wonderful times.

Overall a good place to stay in Buenos Aires. staff are very kind and helpful and are regularly cleaning the facilities. There are social activities every night. stayed for a week in both the private and 4 bed dorm. The private room is great value, with heaps of space and a large ensuite. Air con remote missing so not able to change temp. The dorm had no window for natural light or air, and it got very hot/poorly ventilated. Not the best comon area (in the basement). Happy stay otherwise.

Decent location, being just a couple minutes walk to the heart of San Telmo. There's a nice bar area in the downstairs to hang out in. The staff were good and helpful. The showers were fantastic, and breakfast was good too. The downsides were the bunk beds seem old and really shaky, and the kitchen is not very well stocked at all. However, it's a cheap place to stay and it does the job.

Great staff and cleanliness but the hostel is located right next a busy road so it was ALWAYS noisy! breakfast is really quite average

I slept much better at this hostel than several others in the same city. It seems peaceful, but does have a bar for those who like to party. Breakfast had more than the usual sugars in this part of the world. My favorite part was the staff. So super kind and relaxed. :) I enjoyed their rooftop terrace to. You will not feel like in a 5 star hotel, but for the money they are very good in my opinion. I ended up staying longer. Thank you PAX.

Pax Hostel is a very average hostel but it definitely has positives. It's cheap! in a good location, the showers had epic water pressure, my dorm room was super quite and comfy and any breakfast that includes eggs has to be good. There was something lacking in regards to vibe because the staff and guests didn't seem to interact with each other like in other hostels. Although, I joined some of the staff and their friends at the BA gay/pride parade and we turned it into a pub-crawl. Fun times.

Everything is great. Good people, nice and clean facilities. Dorms and bar are very well distanced so you can actually sleep. I especially love the little curtains I got in my bunk bed, I wish more hostels would have that. All and all fantastic place, I highly recommend it.

The kitchen was the worst I have ever seen , the staff are intimidatingly unfriendly and buenos aires is such a great place but Pax hostel would put you straight off!

The kitchen was newly renovated a few months ago, I'm not sure what upset you so much about it. And I apologize if the customer service on your arrival wasn't good enough, we try to do our best.

The humidity of our double room was so high that it was difficult to sleep! Water on the floor and wet bed! I think that with the same price you can find something better in BA!

One of the better Hostels I've been to. Good facilities. Good location. Decent breakfast.

I really liked the freindly staff and there was allover a relaxed and open atmosphere at the hostel with a lot of cool people to hang around. The only minus I have to mention is that it could be cleaner sometimes and the breakfast is kinda basic, but despite of this I will definitively come again because I like the Pax Hostel a lot!! :)

• 1st Aug 2014
  • bananaphone

Nice enough hostel, and the staff were friendly. Could benefit from some better beds, power points in the rooms, and maybe an organised an organised bar crawl or something.

Great hostel for the price. Very nice and helpful staff!

View all Buenos Aires Hostels