Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

Deff never going back. Stuff was rude, rooms were really small and bed was in front of the wc so had to climb over it. Location not the best. If you just want to spent a night the ok but deff much better choices there. Btw not fun that man runs in ur room at 10am telling u to check out:) ad hee knows its a girls only dorm..

That was no Peace and no Love hostel, totaly bad vibes and not party at all. Room 5 flors up by stairs and the staff not nice beside one nice guy. Dont book this.

walking up all the stairs to get to your room should be mentioned in the description (I walked 7 tiny flights with a 50 lb suitcase), there's no wifi in the rooms unless you pay for 2 hour time slots, the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful, worst hostel I've ever stayed at, couldn't even stay downstairs to use the wifi they told me I had to leave

• 29th Oct 2015

The room was too small for a third bed and it was just positioned in front of the door from the bathroom! So everytime we had to crawl over the bed to go to the toilet/bathroom. The sheets were disgusting! :( It was nice that we had our own bathroom! So i must say it was ok for the two days that we stayed there, but i would not recommend it, i think.

the bartender was super nice, after i checked in. the room looked clean, but often didn't smell like it. one small shower for the 14 mixed dorm. i had to wait a while to take a shower in the morning. it is across the street form a metro stop, but not a very good area. the kitchen was nice and fully stocked.

The staff wasn't very nice, I didn't really feel welcome. The space was too small for so many beds. But the location was good and convenient, just in front of the metro station.

• 22nd Oct 2015

The hostel is in a good location, close to the metro and main bus routes. I stayed in the 14 bed dorm which was a little bit cramped and would be better with a few beds removed. The top bunks are too close to the ceiling and the bottom bunks too close to the floor so try and get a middle one. They have secure entry but no lockers in the rooms, they offer lockers downstairs though. One issue was the beds are not numbered so it led to confusion when new people came in and took others beds.

Good things: very close to the metro, rooms and bathrooms are clean, the doors to the bedrooms are secure. Bad things: no elevator, no lockers in the room (there are some lockers in the kitchen, but I didn't use them. they are only a few), no internet in the bedrooms.

Very Cheap and very small, perfect for a one- or two-night stay. Longer than that might become uncomfortable.

It's not a place for a Hostel. It`s just a bar with some rooms upstairs, tiny and unclean rooms. For example, we were in a room for 3 (supposedly) and the third bed was right next to the bathroom. If u wanted to go to the bathroom, u have to jump the bed and move it (because the door couldn't be open in any other way). There is no elevator either, only a tiny stairs (srsly, I don´t know how they get the permission to allow such facility). The overcome feeling was insecurity and unconfort.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Clean room, new bedding. The only problem was walking up to the 6th floor with my suitcase...

Don't stay here more than a night. It's fine for a night but not more. We were on the top floor(8 flights of stairs) and everything is tiny. As a former American football player, I barely fit in the shower and the bathroom was tiny also. One night is enough, trust me.

+ located close enough to Gare-du-Nord. Reasonably priced. - The only common area is the small bar, wifi not free, there were three beds (one bunk) in a tiny room which only had room for two - the third bed blocked access to the bathroom. Not enough electrical outlets in room. >In summary, fine for one night if you are just passing through Paris via Gare-du-Nord, would want to find another hostel if staying longer

My room was in the 7th floor and the hostel doesn't have lifts. Stairs are narrow, what can be a problem for people with heavy and big suitcases. Staff are ok, but they do not offer duvelts. They gave me a city- map when I did my check-in and I felt safe even when I came back at 5am in a Saturday. The hostel is really near to train stations and there is a nice river just in front of it.

It's very nice to stay there for night or two. + Hostel is very nice for it's price. Bathrooms are cleaned everyday and staff is nice. I'd only suggest you to lubricate doors and springs... - The street below is extremely noisy at night (it's Paris) and because there is no conditioning you have to open window to breathe somehow so don't forget your earplugs. The main problem is people who don't respect others and do not hesitate to turn on the light at 4 a.m. when everyone is sleeping.

• 5th Oct 2015
  • Russia

It is a hostel for 1 night

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Spain

The staff was alright they told me I could check in at 10 and gave me my key. I came in my room at ten and it wasn't ready and they kicked me out until it was finally ready at 12. The kitchen was nice though. Far away from anything you wNt to see but close to a metro.

This hostel was great! I would stay here again. It's very clean and the location is great! I could see the Eiffel Tower out of my room!

Quick visit, used to live in Paris and just needed a quick place for two days. Nice hostel and easy to find, for what you pay not a problem. Spend your days wandering the city and enjoying and come back for a drink or watch some sports.

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. The rooms are small, there is no locker for valuables (yes, even backpackers have some valuables!), I didn't even have a ladder to reach my top bed. Above all I had to climb stairs to the 6th floor with all my luggage since there was no lift and the area felt not safe and rather filthy.

« first « Prev 1 2 3