Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

Located in a terrible part of Paris, Bathroom light flashed so at night it was impossible to use, Shower was more mould than it was show and bed was noisy with no ladder to top bunk making it impossible to sleep. Left early.

• 27th Jul 2015

Never in three days we got our toilet paper refilled. The shower was so small that we could barely fit in. No WiFi in dorms, only in lobby and very bad internet service. No a/c extremeño hoy, and no elevador, our room was in a 6th floor, everytime we needed something from the room we had to clumb 6 floors. At least we made some excersice

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Argentina
  • All Male Group, 18-24

We had a tiny 3 bed room with a shower that leaked all the water onto the floor and onto the bottom bunk. The room was up about 8 flights of stairs and the room was so hot you needed the window open but that also meant you didn't sleep because of all the noise from the street - constant alarms and sirens going off. The room wasn't clean at all. No lockers. There is only wifi in the bar, if you want it in your room you have to pay. Poor atmosphere and a 40 minute train to the Eiffel Tower.

The staff are fantastic. Very very helpful in arranging trips and advising on Cairo. I recommend a thousand times over.

If you are staying just one night this hostel is a very good option. Otherwise, it is far from the city centre and is not so clean.

I was a bit dissapointed. Being used to hostels with big common areas and good vibe, the lack of these things shook me. The staff was quite rude and everything in the hostel (rooms, shower, toiletts) was really cramped. I didnt really enjoy my stay there, but I understand that is what you get in Paris for that price. At least the bar was kind of cheap...

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Argentina

Such an expensive hostel. The staff treat you as if they are doing you a favor Except that it is their JOB. Never have I seen such rude behavior in my life and this is one of my first reviews out just to get the word out to not stay here. Bathroom was disgusting and gross. Shower as well. Small cramped rooms . Overall an awful experience . Wifi was the worst as well.

Milan was amazing. Great at getting the atmosphere going and introducing people. Gave tips for getting around Paris and even helped us with future journeys. He is definetly an asset to the hostel and the reason I would return.

I wish the staff could provide more things are not so touristy!

• 24th Jun 2015

I hoped to talk to some people staying in this room, but we were not as lucky being stuck to this one inconsiderate woman who would not shut up and leaving the bathroom lights on in the middle of the night. I guess I expected too much since it is a single room shared by 10+ people...

The hostel staff is alright. The location of the hostel is a little far from the very center of Paris, but luckily it is located next to a train station. It is a little expensive for the location.

THIS HOSTEL IS WORST HOSTEL I'VE EVER BEEN. I chose this hostel cuz of cheap price. But, the location is far from city center, and the receptionist (the old guy) was really bad, even he didn't see me and I had to ASK ALL THE THING, and then I replied me shortly, rudely. After that, I had to go upstairs, to 6th floor, without elevator, with my luggage !!!! insane. and the room is too small, bathroom and toilet, especially the shower booth was not clean and very tight even for one person.

By getting a 16-bed room I knew what I was getting in to, but it's a detriment to everyone to have triple bunk beds which creak anytime someone moves, waking up the other two bunk mates. Also there was no air circulation in that room (Room R), but if we opened the window then all the noise from the street came in- we were truly between a rock and a hard place. And the security at the hostel seemed shoddy- anyone could walk downstairs and rummage through the bags in storage.

• 11th Jun 2015

The owners aren't friendly and the atmosphere of the place did not surprise me. The Hostel is very close to the fire department of the city, so do not expect a quiet night's sleep, the alarming sirens all the time. There is no free internet in the rooms so that you will have to pay an extra amount, which is absurd. Tthe room is too small, no place for locking.

• 10th Jun 2015

Good, except I stepped in puke and the sheets were a little dirty

It was ok at best! Good people! Bad staff!

Noisy place. The third bed was occupying the door of the bathroom. We had to jump the bed to enter to the bath

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Nice hostel with a great atmosphere. but not enough showers for the 14 bed room(only one).

• 1st Jun 2015

I had great time there. The atmosphere is unique, helpful staff.

• 26th May 2015
  • Bulgaria

14 bed room with one bathroom between all guests was just totally impractical. The room was also dirty, only one plus between all the guests, and a cleaner came in early in the morning and woke me up to ask of I was checking our, which was not appreciated after 15 hours of travelling the previous day. Also a very noisy location, constant police sirens, and did not feel particularly safe walking around as a solo traveller at night. Not terrible but certainly would look elsewhere in future.