Peace & Love Hostel Reviews

245 Rue La Fayette, Paris, France

The staff was friendly and the bar was fun! Bare minimum hostel, but really what more do you need?

I would never stay again. So happy it was only 1 night! The girl at the front desk was ok. Not friendly but not rude. Gave us the necessary information but not more. SMALL rooms. Have been backpacking for 1 month and this is the worst hostel! Stayed in a 3- bed room with my friend and one random guy. They squeezed the third bed in so you had to WALK IN MY BED to get to the toilet! No joke. And my bed was broken. 30 euros for a broken bed, dirty toilet and a kitchen without everything.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Great hostel! The bar environment made it really easy to make friends with other people in the hostel, and the staff were great too!

Great price considering everywhere in Paris is so expensive. Being able to see into the shower in your room from any angle was a little weird but manageable. Milan, one of the bartenders/staff was great, get free shots if you're lucky. Good location, recommended.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Peace and Love hostel. Good facilities for a cheaper rate compared to other hostels. Location to metro is perfect to get into the heart of Paris.

• 16th Jul 2014

The hostel is quite far out, about an hour walk to any major sites. There's only 1 key per room so it never gets locked (at least while we were there). There's no social atmosphere at all and the entire hostel is very basic. Wifi only in the bar downstairs and no lockers in room, but safe boxes downstairs which were good. It was pretty clean and the showers were ok. Only used the hostel as a stop over for a morning train and it was ok for that.

The room was dirty when we arrived, sheets not changed, full bins, shower and toilet very stained. We may be young and a student, but when paying accommodation requested is the minimum cleanliness of the service being purchased.

• 12th Jul 2014

Fantastic place, fronts as a bar and has an amazing atmosphere, staff are brilliant and welcoming and make you feel strait at home! Just a metro ride away from Central Paris! I would definitely recommend to anyone who is travelling and like to meet people.. I will definitely be staying there again. Great vibe!!!

Not the cleanest one, but it's pretty cheap for Paris.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Poland

I got punched in the face outside the hostel, so security and location were going to be rated low by me. The reception guy was very dismissive and clearly didn't want to be bothered by male guests, average in Paris. Having no key , and having all the rooms relatively filthy didn't make the atmosphere very enjoyable. There were bathrooms, wifi, a bed and a bar, all of which were decent, so facilities lands on average, and it was cheap, but not so cheap as to earn an excellent rating there.

• 5th Jul 2014

The hostel was ok. The room was so tiny that we had to jump over the side of the bed in order to get into the bathroom. We saw that fresh linens and towels were provided so that was comforting. If I had been looking to stay in a hostel with a party atmosphere this hostel would have been a good choice but, unfortunately after a full day of walking we were too tired to do anything but sleep.

• 5th Jul 2014

The room was extremely hot and small; barely had room to open bathroom or shower door. I thought I could open the window for air but this area of France picks up at night and carries well into the morning, so bring earplugs.

Overall okay i guess :)

• 4th Jul 2014

I had an excellent stay at the hostel. Fairly close to the train station but could have used some clear directions on the site about how to get to hostel... It was a little confusing checking in at the bar. I think a nice check in sign coul easily fix that. Overall great experience, I would stay here again and would recommmmend it to solo female travelers looking for a good place to stay!

• 2nd Jul 2014

The people were friendly but the hostel is too far from the attractions of Paris.

• 1st Jul 2014

Cool spot, super easy to find off the metro. The bar is pretty sweet and the bartenders there know which direction to point you I'm to have a great night. Be warned, if you dont like small spaces, the 14 person dorm may not be for you. All in all, I think its a great place to meet people and enjoy your nights in Paris!

Staffs are bad. You have to climb like hell if you get a high floor room.

The hostel had a great atmosphere at the bar. As a student travelling alone it was nice to make some friends. It is perfectly located in between two metro stops, so easy to get around. Not the cleanest

Would go again. Sketchy with bookings of multiple guests, would really double check about having the same room if travelling with someone. Bartender kept giving us free drinks out of nowhere, us the quiet ones in the corner.

• 23rd Jun 2014

Not worth the money. Super tiny rooms, shower is practically in your bed. Shower was broken. Nothing provided as far as soap or floor towel. Toilets are in the stairwell. Bartender who checks you in had an attitude. Wouldn't stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4