Pedro's Backpackers Inn/Hostel Reviews

Seagrape Drive, 5 min south of main San Pedro, San Pedro, Belize

Watch your credit card charges, place is a joke, no hot water, private room like a coffin, bathrooms filthy, goodluck

I have stayed in hostels thoughout Latin America and this was by far the worst I've found. It is more expensive than most places I've stayed with much less offered. The rooms are tiny (as in 8 by 15 feet tops). Normally this wouldn't be so bad but there's no lounge or anywhere else to be so you spend lots of time in this tiny space. The staff were incredibly unhelpful if not rude. Finally, you have to pay before you stay so no changes of plans are allowed, completely different than any hostel.

• 11th Dec 2014

Pedro's is a great place for budget travelers, dorms are decent and since located in the island nothing is too far away, you can walk everywhere in 15 min. Very good bar, very friendly and helpful staff. It's a good idea to bring your own lock and water is chilly - no long hot showers. All in all we were very happy, a good place to stay!

The pool! The free water! The bell! I never rang the bell but I bet it was fun! The private room is a wood box with a helicopter blade fan and two beds. If you can sleep under a Huey, sign yourself up! I can, and I had an alright few nights. The pool is a plus, and so is the free beach access(even if you have to walk over roads and under sun comparable to fallujah) . All in all I'd stay again, cause what choice do I have? Daddy is too broke for Ramones.

more hooks in the rooms

• 1st Sep 2014

good budget option to stay in San Pedro, chill hostel, swimming pool!, close to everywhere, friendly stuff, excellent snorkel trips - ray&shark bay!!! - small rooms, but ok in the end for a few nights

Good hostel. Cheapest on the island. Easy to meet other guests. Facilities are pretty good and clean.