Pedro's Backpackers Inn/Hostel Reviews

Seagrape Drive, 5 min south of main San Pedro, San Pedro, Belize

As soon as we arrived, the owner was around and let's just say he was less than inviting. Any other staff was friendly. The place is close to the airport which is convenient after you land, not so nice when planes are taking off next to your head all morning. The rooms are hot closets since there is no cross breeze. They do a good job of changing out the trash in the bathroom. But, the shower water seems like salty sea water and is cold. Everyone on the island recommended Sandbar over Pedro's.

• 27th Feb 2015

The staff was very friendly.

• 8th Jan 2015

Good location. Hostel is just a hostel. I ended up upgrading to the sister hotel which had a lot more to offer.

It was nice to have resort access and two pools, the bathrooms were kept clean, the floors too. I stayed in a private room which was nice to have. The bar downstairs provides an excellent atmosphere of comraderie, and the tables outside are good too. The one thing I would highlight is that o did see some mattresses being exchanged, and I should have had mine exchanged too: I am pretty sure there were bedbugs, every morning I woke up with new bites on my legs.

Watch your credit card charges, place is a joke, no hot water, private room like a coffin, bathrooms filthy, goodluck

I have stayed in hostels thoughout Latin America and this was by far the worst I've found. It is more expensive than most places I've stayed with much less offered. The rooms are tiny (as in 8 by 15 feet tops). Normally this wouldn't be so bad but there's no lounge or anywhere else to be so you spend lots of time in this tiny space. The staff were incredibly unhelpful if not rude. Finally, you have to pay before you stay so no changes of plans are allowed, completely different than any hostel.

• 11th Dec 2014

Pedro's is a great place for budget travelers, dorms are decent and since located in the island nothing is too far away, you can walk everywhere in 15 min. Very good bar, very friendly and helpful staff. It's a good idea to bring your own lock and water is chilly - no long hot showers. All in all we were very happy, a good place to stay!