Pegasus Hostel Reviews

Strasse der Pariser Kommune 35, 10243, Berlin, Germany

The staff were very friendly and helpful when it came to advising places to go both at night and in the day. However, the facilities were very poor. There were lots of large rooms on our floor, and only one toilet and 2 showers amongst everyone. I am aware that some of the rooms had their own toilets but even so, a large number of people without their own toilets were expected to share only one. The rooms were basic and had no wifi. The kitchen was also far too small, enough for one group.

I don't understand the!negative comments about this place. WiFi isn't much good, but I'm not traveling so I can talk about it on Facebook. Rooms were clean, staff were nice and the location is perfect. walking distance to a whole lot of clubs. atmosphere is a bit non-existent but that didn't matter, since I was with a friend and we weren't really in the hostel.

First impression was average. The man behind the desk was very abrupt, seemed to be annoyed all the time. The lockers then broke for some reason and he did nothing to help, just sat behind his desk eating. Very poor location. Toilets were disguisting. Never stay there again.

• 1st Jul 2015
  • Wales

I met nice people at this hostel, from all over the world. It's always great to have a kitchen! And I liked the location.

Friendly & helpful staff, with clean & comfortable rooms

We were greeted by a very unenthusiastic member of staff, the rooms then didn't have lockers which were lockable and the lockers down stairs were safe but for smaller items ie. Not able to house a suitcase. The wifi was slow and dodgy! Really didn't enjoy our stay here at all.

I just do not like the state of mattresses

Beds squeak with the slightest movement, it is impossible to sleep. Room is too bright in the morning. Sleeping condition is unbearable I left at the third night although I have already paid for. You have to pay to use the computer and lockers. Very basic and not enough toilet facility, there isn't a place to hang clothes and tower in shower. No WiFi in rooms, super slow WiFi in lobby only. Avoid!!

This hostel is not really a hostel. It has dorm rooms. but the common area is strange because you are not allowed to eat or drink any of your own food there. which is not really helpful to a traveller.

There is no Wifi in the rooms, you have to go down to the lobby yo get it.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Colombia

There weren't lokers in the room and you had to pay for them. The kitcken closes at 21 and you had to pay for renting the fridge. We weren't told this info when we arrived. The wifi connection was very weak.

We stayed in an 8 bed mixed dorm for 1 night. It was overheated and also loud, because you could hear everything from the hallway and the doors were squeaking. There was only 1 bathroom (2 showers and 1 toilet) on the whole floor and it didn't have a door, so everyone could see you brushing your teeth. There were a lot of people downstairs in the common room all night long and you could hear them (to the 2nd floor). It is a party hostel and if you want to sleep, it is not a place for you.

Advertised free wifi but there was none in the whole building, yet the computers you could pay one euro to use for twenty minutes had perfect wifi, a bit suspicious. The shower was really badly designed, no drain and so when water got on the floor it was wet for the whole day. I understand it was a budget hostel at 11 euro a night but by the time you add in the price for Internet and lockers (€1 24 hours) it really isn't cheaper and is pretty dreary.

• 28th Mar 2015