Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

Located in a very quiet hutong not far from Sanlitun. Very appealing lounge area. We had only one minor complaint: about the loudness of the music piped into the lounge area. There were speakers distributed throughout the entire space so moving wasn't an option. I asked for the music to be lowered and it was immediately adjusted downward. About 10 minutes later it returned to the original volume and, when I inquired about it, a different receptionist said that he didn't think it was too loud.

I was only here for 2 days but had a great stay. The staff was very helpful and did a great job answering my many questions. Also, I did their great wall tour and had a great time!! Thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Hi There, we really enjoy the time you stay here,wish we can meet again in Peking Yard!

If you are not staying in an ensuite room, the hostel has only ONE toilet and ONE shower for the ENTIRE hostel and you have to cross the outside courtyard to get there! God forbid you should have an emergency or get stuck waiting after someone taking a very long shower at night(temperatures in Beijing while I was staying there were below 0 degrees). Some staff members were very useful while others gave us misleading information. Room was clean and warm though, the location was good!

Nice place, very good location close to a metro station.

Excellent!!! And, Since that I want, no, really would like to play pool games, i think I will give 100 percent value to this hostel then!

Superb accommodation. Excellent location for getting around Beijing. Just thought some of the staff were rather unwelcoming. Over-all it is an excellent place to stay in Beijing.

A charming hostel in an excellent location minutes away from the metro and major sights. The staff were friendly and offered reasonably-priced tours to the Great Wall that included a generous lunch. The room was small but cozy. My only complaints are that the bathroom had a minor ant problem and it would have been nice for our mugs to be cleaned once or twice during our stay. Not a deal breaker.

• 18th Feb 2014

Extremely clean hostel that had excellent bathrooms and showers which were cleaned on a daily basis. Located a two-minute walk from the Beijing metro. Staff was extremely helpful in recommending attractions and the best Peking duck restaurants. The decoration and atmosphere of the lobby area is fantastic and the breakfast (while slightly pricey) was delicious. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Beijing.

Pros: -Great location. Five minutes' walk from subway station and only a few stations away from the forbidden city. It's located in a quiet residential area where you can see some old streets. -Heating and hot water shower were great. -Most staff were nice and helpful. Cons: -I barely had any chance to enjoy the yard, because my dorm room and the yard were not in the same building! (They were close, though) -The room was smaller than those shown in the images. No wifi provided in the room.

This is hostel was very beautiful. Every surface was covered with live plants and flowers. The staff were incredibly nice and offered to help with any issues or problems that travelers had. The facilities were always clean and the cleaning staff worked very hard keeping the hostel in tip-top shape. Thanks for the great stay!

Very comfortable, beautiful hostel with very friendly and helpful staff. It is a place to feel like being home and welcomed. Absolutely recommendable! Thank you for your help with flight tickets to Harbin :-))

• 20th Jan 2014

Friendly and helpful staff were the best. Good location, a short walk to the subway. The local suburb seemed safe, had some nice cafes, bakery, fruitshops and restaurant s

This is not a youth hostel but much more a flashpacker place to stay and the prices prove this. As you walk Into this hostel you are struck by an aroma given off by the plethora of flowers on display in the communal area. An area very comfortable and a place to enjoy a relaxing beer or western food. The room is small but functioning and the beds comfortable. Staff were friendly and knowledgable with the hostel based in a enjoyable and accessible location. I give this place good points.

The hostel is in a great location, easy to find and within a few minutes from a subway station and a busy street with lots of shops, banks etc. It's a great spot to start your explorations of Beijing from. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Overall the hostel is a good place to stay in!

The hostel felt like home in what is a very big city thanks to its cosy atmosphere and clean facilities and friendly staff.

A haven of peace in an excellent location.

Hi there, thanks for your highly appreciation about our hostel. We really enjoy the time during your stay. You guys are so nice and brought us so much fun. Wish we can meet again. Cheers!

Its a great hostel, very clean, and the beds are quite comfortable. I had to check in very late, around 2 in the morning, and they were more than accommodating. 5 minutes from a bakery and a metro station, getting around with an early start is quite easy. Staff are all very helpful and competent, particularly the night guard who let me in who still managed to be cheery at a late hour. I will come here again if I ever return to Beijing.

Hi There, It's really our great honor that you enjoy your stay in our hostel. We wish we can bring same experience to every guest. Wish we can meet soon in coming days!

We liked the central location of the hostel and the easy access to the subway. The hostel and surrounding area felt safe. The room was clean and comfortable. We were surprised to find on arrival that the water to the sink in the bathroom was turned off, so we couldn't wash hands. The kitchen was also disappointing. Water there was shut off as well. There was only a fridge and microwave. We didn't like that we couldn't take outside food into the heated sitting area.

Hi There, I am really sorry for all the inconveniences it brought to you. Due to the cold weather in winter time of Beijing, the outside water was shut off, but we opened the tap inside room which is in the neighbor of bathroom for our guests to wash hands. Also the hot water inside bathroom works well all the time. Anyway, please take our apologies from heart. Cheers!

I had no trouble at all with this hostel. This was the third time I went and I will most likely go there again next time.

• 17th Nov 2013
  • Belgium

Hi there, thanks for your like, that's the biggest tips to our hostel。Cheers!

There was guitar. Buff said