Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

They messed up my reservation and did not have the single room I expected. I had a couple pieces of luggage and I was looking forward to having my own room but they overbooked. They did get me a bed in a mixed dorm, but the whole thing was very awkward. I will not be going back.

Hi There, please take our sincerely apologizes again, we are really sorry about our mistakes and it wil never happen again.

You can only get wifi in the common area. I booked a dorm of 4 which ended up being a room with 4 attached to a room with 6 all using the same door... The dorm room walls were very dirty and the bathroom smelt horrible. There are nicer places to stay in Beijing for cheaper.

• 18th Mar 2015

Awesome place to stay!!! Very friendly and helpful staff! We had a great time and the hostel provides a map with all the metro stops and how to get there! If you go to Beijing, you should definitely check this hostel out!

Very helpfull staff! I always felt welcomed :)... Wifi at the Rooms would be nice :)

Very friendly staff! I recommend the Mutianyu Great Wall trip, it is well worth it.

The staff were so incredibly friendly & helpful, they were very busy but always made time to help us & answer questions. The New years party was great fun & we just loved the hostel as a whole - the decor is amazing and it was like a little quiet Oasis in all the hussle & bussle of Beijing.

I was here during the Lunar New Year holiday and really enjoyed my stay -- the staff is very helpful and always available, and the lounge area as a great atmosphere. The beds were very comfortable and the dorm rooms were split by curtains so it felt like there were less people in the room. They had a New Years dumpling making and dinner event that was great, and I also booked my great wall tour through them.

Fantastic hostel with great friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic common area - very comfortable, with food and drink reasonably priced. Standard and deluxe rooms were both good value - we had both during 2 stays within a week. No clothing or storage areas so you live out of your backpack/suitcase - but what else to expect for the money. Incredibly comfortable beds - the best in China! And fantastic showers - water hot and strong and plenty of it. Highly recommended for a hutong experience.

Really nice hostel! Sweet and helpful girls in the reception, nice common area and comfortable beds

The staff is very friendly and even helped me with charging up my phone bills through a service. Very grateful! Love the environment and the people I met there (both staff and visitors) were super nice.

• 6th Feb 2015

Very cozy hostel, felt like a 2nd home right away. Love the fresh bouquets of flowers placed all over the reception/lobby area, staff were friendly and helpful. Location was great as it was near the subway and a great little breakfast place where they serve 10 dumplings for only 6 yuan. We booked the 6 bed deluxe dorm and we had one of the best sleeps ever. Only complaint is that there is no wifi in the rooms.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

Great location and atmosphere, hostel was warm and cozy in Beijing's cold winter nights.

I'd really loved to stay here, the atmosphere very nice. Especially for the staff there, they really cooperative and help the tourist a lot ! :)

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Indonesia
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice hostel and staff. Only complaint is that our bathrooms were quite dirty. Only cleaned every couple of days.

This was the best hostel I have ever stayed in! For me having a friendly staff that can speak English is really important and everyone at Peking Yard hostel went beyond what was required of them to be helpful. One very terrible thing is the mold buildup in the room we stayed in. It looked like black mold which is harmful to the lungs. It was in two corners of the room and we were very worried about it. This should be cleaned!!! Also it would be nice to be able to eat outside food in the lobby.

Friendly staff, great common room, easy to find (and their directions were very clear). My room and bedding were very clean, but the room and bathroom smelt somewhat damp/musty - probably not surprising in winter and this is my only complaint.

Awesome common space, but no WIFI in the room is very inconvenience. and also a little cold in the room. air condition and heat not works well.

A very nice and small Hostel in an authentic Chinese neighborhood. It is fairly easy to reach from the airport and has a subway station nearby. Moreover many small restaurants and shops are around the hostel as well which over good food to small prices. The staff was always friendly and very helpful when it came to planing trips and tours. The facility itself is clean and secure (I never felt scared or uncomfortable). The rooms are perfect for tourist traveling with little stuff.

Very friendly staff, clean&comfortable hostel, very good breakfast. Reception area full of plants is a must!

• 29th Dec 2014

Almost all are good but only one thing is that public zone can't be used all the time. Close at 1 am. And wifi doesn't reach to the dorm room

• 29th Dec 2014