Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

Great location easy walk from subway station with friendly and accommodating staff. The dorm beds are big and really soft for Chinese standards- which was a pleasant surprise. The courtyard provides a beautiful oasis from the bustling city streets just 150m away and the rooftop patio is full of colorful flowers. One morning there was even someone practicing the flute making for a wonderful sunrise soundtrack in this ancient neighborhood. Cool common room with lots of big couches.

The hostel is located very near to a subway station which is nice, and there is a convenience store right near by, but the hutong it is located on can smell disgusting due to the fact there are public restrooms next to the hostel, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you may wish to avoid (though it should be noted this is not the fault of the hostel) The staff are helpful, sometimes a language barrier can exist though. Also, the showers are tiny and there is weak water pressure. Over all ok

very nice staff and atmasphere. Especially like the bar. The flowers in the bar is fantastic!

Wonderful staff, great space, perfect location.

Amazing I would say try to leave the YHA light on from dusk to 0000. That was the only way I found the hostel when I arrived at night. Up date your directions to state that the hostel is on the left of the street. I loved it though

The location is the best, just one block from the subway station. I like so much of my bed, so much confortable and the rooms size is perfect. Staff is very kind and gave me all support. If I visit Pequim again, probably I will stay there again. ;)

Loved this hostel. They have thought of everything. Bed was super comfortable. Extended my stay because it was so good.

For the money the room was small. Hostels could offer single rooms for those that do not want to share room/bathroom with others. The hostel should have "special" taxi that will pick up people by the hostel, we had to wait 20 minutes for taxi and cross busy street to get into taxi. Taxi did not give a number to find him. Also, this taxi app is not good for people that do not have. When cafe open's at 7:30 they should be ready to serve especially if tour people need to meet at 0800.

• 15th Apr 2015

Good location, though I would've appreciated better directions. They say the bus is the best way from Beijing West Station, but the subway goes right there and is about twice as fast. The staff were very helpful, though I believe the tours they offer are a little overpriced for what they are. The rooms are nice, though I prefer curtains on the beds. The common area is cozy but not particularly conducive to meeting fellow travelers if that's your thing. Overall very nice though.

The location and the extremely helpful staff really made Peking Yard a great place to stay during my visit to Bejing. The staff spoke really good English, and couldn't have done more to help me with directions, booking on their tour to the Great Wall and also booking my train ticket back to Shanghai for me (for a tiny fee), saving me an extra visit to the train station! An excellent stay.

Common area has a very nice atmosphere and attracts a wide variety of people. Food is rather pricey and one night they ran out of rice ( In China?!). There are good places to eat out within walking distance. Everything else prepare to get the subway but the station is very close and all signs have english. Staff did forget about our trip to Great Wall but worked hard to rectify mistake. Overall a good base for a few days.

I will say the hostel is really great. I met a lot of friends there and I actually extended my stay to five nights because I really like this place. I will strongly recommend it. The only unsatisfaction is that there is no WiFi in the hostel rooms. WiFi is only available at the lounge area. I will definitely go back again if I have another chance to stay in Beijing.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • China

The lobby is very beautiful, full of flowers and plants- a very relaxing atmosphere! Staff is very friendly and very helpful! The basic dorms are ok, but there is very little space for your backpack and shared bathrooms are mixed. The twin rooms are great and spacious. Breakfast is very good. The hostel provides many other facilities and services- you can wash your clothes, there is a kitchen and we liked the great wall tour they offered. Location is good as well!

I´ve had the most pleasant stay at Peking Yard Hostel. Very helpful staff, charming and cosy common area, hot showers, confy bed and perfect location, very close to the subway station. Would definetely come back and recommend. Camila, Brazil

• 26th Mar 2015

It's an okay hostel, solid quality. Nothing huge in terms of atmosphere (they close the bar fairly early and are rather concerned about noise levels). Only one public bathroom is very annoying, since it's also used by whoever drinks at the bar. The staff is friendly and helpful, albeit extremely inflexible in terms of changes in bookings etc. of course the food is way overpriced, but also of decent quality. On the plus side, they don't complain about you bringing your own food and drinks.

They messed up my reservation and did not have the single room I expected. I had a couple pieces of luggage and I was looking forward to having my own room but they overbooked. They did get me a bed in a mixed dorm, but the whole thing was very awkward. I will not be going back.

Hi There, please take our sincerely apologizes again, we are really sorry about our mistakes and it wil never happen again.

this place is excellent!!! close to the subway and fun environment! i definitely enjoyed staying here. the staff are excellent!!! hard workers and so easy to talk too! i wish everyone was like them!

You can only get wifi in the common area. I booked a dorm of 4 which ended up being a room with 4 attached to a room with 6 all using the same door... The dorm room walls were very dirty and the bathroom smelt horrible. There are nicer places to stay in Beijing for cheaper.

• 18th Mar 2015

Great location. Nice common area. Very helpful staff. The Great Wall tour was enjoyable, we went to a slightly more remote section and did not encounter other tourists. Dorms could be improved but did not expect much more for the price. Common bathrooms did not seem that clean.

While our room was tiny, it had everything we needed and was cleaned daily. The hostel staff were helpful and the location was good, close to a metro station and delicious dumpling restaurant.

« first « Prev 1 2 3