Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

The staff is very friendly and they speak perfect English.Its a beautifull hostel and very clean and they have a nice area to relax at on the couches. I think the hostel is expensive for the dorm rooms and very crammed, no real space to but ones backpack and a 6 Bed dorm should be made into 3 bed dorm for this kind of money.

Lovely hostel, great locations just 5 minute walk from the underground. The hostel has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the staff were very helpful and able to arrange trips to the Great Wall of china and advise you on good places to go and to eat. I stayed in the twin room and it was basic but clean and comfortable which is all you need. The roof top flower garden was beautiful! I would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely wonderful place! Walkable to many important places an right next to a metro station. There are two different types of safes where you can keep valuables (in room and in the lobby). The common area has wifi (spotty sometimes when lots of people are using it, but that's common in Beijing). And the common area really encourages people getting to know each other: I ended up having Peking duck and going out with several folks. The staff are SO HELPFUL! They went out of their way!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Totally recommended Peking Yard Hostel! Just next to everything you need, restaurants, metro station (2min. distance), 15 mints walk distance from Forbidden City, Bars, Night Market, etc. The room was clean, ok space, and also they give you a locker with a key. They have western food in their menu, a little bit expensive, but very tasteful (worth it!). If you like party hostels, do not book it! Here is a place to stay more relaxed at night. I would totally stay here again!

• 3rd Jul 2014

It was great to stay there.

Hi there, many thanks for your good review. Wish we can meet in Peking Yard again. Cheers!

Beautiful and comfortable common area just as the photo shown. You can enjoy the whole afternoon here by reading some books or playing with your tablet. It is easy to make friends here. Staff are nice and helpful. The hostel is pretty near to the subway with only 5-min walk. It is convenient going to everywhere in Beijing. However, the dorm is comparatively tiny and the common bathroom is quiet smelly. Wifi is not available in the dorm.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

We really enjoyed stay in this hostel (more like hotel). We had double room with own toilet. Garden is amazing and relaxing. Breakfast was also good. Hostel is better as average. We were very surprised, there wasn't possible pay by credit card.

Stayed here in 2011 and again in 2014... Still as wonderful as I remember it... Super friendly and helpful staff; good rooms and facilities; beautiful common room and patio area... We originally booked a regular double, but they didn't have any available when we arrived, so they put us in a deluxe for the same price. We were obviously very lucky, but it was such a great/unexpected surprise... Good location with a metro station nearby; very quiet safe... What more could you ask for in a hostel?

I enjoyed my stay, but it was not quite what I expected. There is no "yard" except for a small courtyard that has no seating and serves primarily as a passage to the private rooms. The patio, featured prominently in the pictures, seemed to be little more than a smoking terrace for the smoking staff; it is hard to get to and unsheltered, and I never saw anyone up there except for staff members taking short smoking breaks. The fresh flowers throughout the hostel are nice, though.

This is a wonderful hostel with the friendliest staff. It has a beautiful lobby with wifi and pretty flowers. It is a quieter location compared to the Peking international youth hostel, so if you are wanting a peaceful place to rest, then this would be your location of choice. I cannot rate this hostel highly enough!

• 9th Jun 2014

It's a nice place, the common room is very comfy and sociable and the beds are clean and nice. Staff are very willing to help and speak good English. The food is pretty expensive though.

Good location, close to the metro station and there are many hutong around that you can have a closer look at the old Beijing lifestyle. The lobby is nice and cosy, lots of fresh flowers. It's a nice hostel in general, quite intimate, not a party vibe though, just a bit over priced I reckon.

Hi There, thanks for your review, wish we can meet in Peking yard again! Cheers!

Beautiful hostel in the city center, a few minutes walk from the metro. The common area is just lovely and very comfortable and the staff is great. The price is a bit on the high side though (100 yuan for a dorm room). When you go to the wall, take the "hiking" tour. It's amazing and not that hard.

Hi There, thanks for your useful information and highly recommendation, we will add more culture issue to make our guests' stay have more fun! Cheers!

Shoes got stolen at night when sleeping. Should probably lock everything up. But love the interior design of this hostel.

Hi There, wish you already get the shoes delivered by our special transporter. And I think it will be very special travel experience to you . And also it means a lot to us. Cheers!

This hostel is close to becoming Beijing's best, and with a few tweaks should be a firm favourite for travellers of all types and ages. The central communal area is fantastic and feels more like a plant nursery than a hostel. The sofas are comfy, next to radiators and books it genuinely feels like a living room. Outdoor spaces are just as cool, especially the terrace with cafe tables, though with the heat and pollution of Beijing these are seldom used. The staff are really helpful and friendly,

Loved Peking Yard Hostel!!!!!!!! Beautiful atmosphere, Super clean, and Fantastic staff! (The milkshakes are pretty awesome too) The only thing I would recommend is to requests to have the major street intersection sent in email for the taxi drivers. I had an incredibly hard time getting a taxi to take me to the hostel. The easy fix for someone who does not speak Chinese would be to provide the major intersection as it would only be a 3 min walk from there.

• 17th May 2014

Peking yard hostel is a very nice and well decorated hostel, extremely well situated close by feet to many monuments. The staff was also very patient and helpful. I think however that this place is a bit expensive : the dorms were very tiny (almost no space for backpacks) and the breakfast was really too expensive for China. The 2 persons bedrooms looked nice but i did not stayed in one.

Hi There, I am really sorry to let you know our hostel lacated in a very expensive area, the rent is unbelievable high. We will try our best to make our guests have a nice stay in our hostel. Cheers!

Beautiful setting with the fresh flowers in the common area! Most of the staff were pleasant and helpful. Rooms were fine, great to have lockers with a key to put things in.

Hi There, glad to hear that you enjoy your stay here, wish we can meet again!Cheers!

Eveything was perfect but the room 102 smelt bad in the bathroom, smell from sewer.

• 30th Apr 2014

Hi There, many thanks for your good review, and I am really sorry for the smell in your room. We will try our best to change such situation. Cheers!

This is just one of my favorite hostels in Beijing. The lounge area with the flowers is just amazing and the rooms are clean modern and nice.