Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

I have been there several times over the years. Still as good as before. The prices seem to have gone up a lot... But it's still the safest place for me to go in Beijing. I'll most likely choose this hostel again next time.

We love the decoration in the common area. The staff are all helpful and friendly. But only one thing that trouble us is the dorm room in another building that we've stayed have no wifi.

AMAZING!! This place was above and beyond what I could have ever expected!

• 31st Oct 2014

Staff was great and super friendly. We were happy with the recommendations they gave us for restaurants and activities. The atmosphere in the hostel is special.

• 17th Oct 2014

very nice people

• 13th Oct 2014

Lovely atmosphere in the hostel and the staff were very friendly, welcoming and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Nice place to stay, the room and bathroom were clean (bathroom was cleaned often). The common area is nice and relaxed, that's the only place you can access WiFi so everyone is on their phones/laptops in there. The food in the hostel was pretty good if a bit pricey. Bit of an older crowd so not the best for meeting people and absolutely NOT a party hostel. However, everything worked, the staff was great, and the location was ideal -around 8 mins away from a central subway and down a nice hutong.

I loved the Peking Yard Hostel, especially the staff and the sitting area. They make a great hebal tea.

3 of us rented out 6 beds for some privacy. It was a nice dorm but a couple light bulbs weren't working. That's okay though, the hostel is EXCELLENT in every way.

The staff were the best part of the experience---warm, patient, upbeat. The location is perfect and the hostel has a great space inside.

• 16th Sep 2014

Nice hostel, a bit expensive compared to china in general, but its a safe choice. Staff is very nice :)

very friendly and useful staff, so many beautiful flowers.

It was a worm place to stay, met lots of people. Staffs were very friendly and helpful, especially a little girl work at night shift. 2 mins to subway easy reach every main stations. Has a bakery nearby if you need something not Chinese foods.

Very helpful staff and great terrace.

I stayed here for a week and had a fantastic stay. The staff are so helpful and friendly, and the hostel offers great trips to the Great Wall and the theatre. The common area is lovely, and the beds are extremely comfortable! Although the facilities list a kitchen, there isn't one to use for backpackers, but Beijing is cheap to eat out and the hostel offers it's own food too. Great location - metro, restaurants etc. I'd recommend hiring their bikes and cycling around the city!

• 23rd Aug 2014

It's in a Hutong so kind of traditional. Toilets/showers are in each room / dorms. It's good but they get dirty quickly... Some staff are really nice while others look like they've been bothered. 15-20 minutes walk to the party area (nanluoguxiang).

Very nice hostel, fantastic atmosphere, kind stuff, really good prices...I really enjoyed my stay at the hostel but....when I arrived they informed me that I have to pay cash...and they said that they sent me an e-mail that I never received , informing me that I have to pay cash and not with my credit card....but, it is a really nice hostel..I recommend it! I

• 6th Aug 2014
  • Greece

Great place and great people!

• 4th Aug 2014

Hi There,many thanks for your encouragement. We will try our best to make our hostel better. Cheers!

I had a very good stay in this hostel. I spend 4 nights in Beijing. Staff is very helpulf. I have to be honest and when I arrived at night I did not like the place but next morning all my impression changed. I suggest this place. I took the Great wall tour from this hostel and it was the bestexperience I had in all China.

Hi There, I am really glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hostel finally.It's really important to our team. We hope our guests can take our hostel as their home in Beijing. Next time you can try camping in Great Wall , I am pretty sure you can get more fun. Cheers!

Lovely hostel, very close to the metro station and staff always friendly, available and helpful. Only slight downside was lack of wifi in the room (but free wifi was available in common area) / no privacy curtain around bunk.

Hi There,many thanks for your good review and your valuable advice.About the wifi,we really wish all the guests can come to common area instead of surfing and tweeting in the room. In common area, you will have more chances to share your travel experiences and make new friends. Wish you can understand. Cheers!

« first « Prev 1 2 3