Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

The location is the best, just one block from the subway station. I like so much of my bed, so much confortable and the rooms size is perfect. Staff is very kind and gave me all support. If I visit Pequim again, probably I will stay there again. ;)

Loved this hostel. They have thought of everything. Bed was super comfortable. Extended my stay because it was so good.

For the money the room was small. Hostels could offer single rooms for those that do not want to share room/bathroom with others. The hostel should have "special" taxi that will pick up people by the hostel, we had to wait 20 minutes for taxi and cross busy street to get into taxi. Taxi did not give a number to find him. Also, this taxi app is not good for people that do not have. When cafe open's at 7:30 they should be ready to serve especially if tour people need to meet at 0800.

• 15th Apr 2015

Good location, though I would've appreciated better directions. They say the bus is the best way from Beijing West Station, but the subway goes right there and is about twice as fast. The staff were very helpful, though I believe the tours they offer are a little overpriced for what they are. The rooms are nice, though I prefer curtains on the beds. The common area is cozy but not particularly conducive to meeting fellow travelers if that's your thing. Overall very nice though.

The location and the extremely helpful staff really made Peking Yard a great place to stay during my visit to Bejing. The staff spoke really good English, and couldn't have done more to help me with directions, booking on their tour to the Great Wall and also booking my train ticket back to Shanghai for me (for a tiny fee), saving me an extra visit to the train station! An excellent stay.

Common area has a very nice atmosphere and attracts a wide variety of people. Food is rather pricey and one night they ran out of rice ( In China?!). There are good places to eat out within walking distance. Everything else prepare to get the subway but the station is very close and all signs have english. Staff did forget about our trip to Great Wall but worked hard to rectify mistake. Overall a good base for a few days.

I will say the hostel is really great. I met a lot of friends there and I actually extended my stay to five nights because I really like this place. I will strongly recommend it. The only unsatisfaction is that there is no WiFi in the hostel rooms. WiFi is only available at the lounge area. I will definitely go back again if I have another chance to stay in Beijing.

• 27th Mar 2015
  • China

The lobby is very beautiful, full of flowers and plants- a very relaxing atmosphere! Staff is very friendly and very helpful! The basic dorms are ok, but there is very little space for your backpack and shared bathrooms are mixed. The twin rooms are great and spacious. Breakfast is very good. The hostel provides many other facilities and services- you can wash your clothes, there is a kitchen and we liked the great wall tour they offered. Location is good as well!

I´ve had the most pleasant stay at Peking Yard Hostel. Very helpful staff, charming and cosy common area, hot showers, confy bed and perfect location, very close to the subway station. Would definetely come back and recommend. Camila, Brazil

• 26th Mar 2015

It's an okay hostel, solid quality. Nothing huge in terms of atmosphere (they close the bar fairly early and are rather concerned about noise levels). Only one public bathroom is very annoying, since it's also used by whoever drinks at the bar. The staff is friendly and helpful, albeit extremely inflexible in terms of changes in bookings etc. of course the food is way overpriced, but also of decent quality. On the plus side, they don't complain about you bringing your own food and drinks.

They messed up my reservation and did not have the single room I expected. I had a couple pieces of luggage and I was looking forward to having my own room but they overbooked. They did get me a bed in a mixed dorm, but the whole thing was very awkward. I will not be going back.

Hi There, please take our sincerely apologizes again, we are really sorry about our mistakes and it wil never happen again.

You can only get wifi in the common area. I booked a dorm of 4 which ended up being a room with 4 attached to a room with 6 all using the same door... The dorm room walls were very dirty and the bathroom smelt horrible. There are nicer places to stay in Beijing for cheaper.

• 18th Mar 2015

Awesome place to stay!!! Very friendly and helpful staff! We had a great time and the hostel provides a map with all the metro stops and how to get there! If you go to Beijing, you should definitely check this hostel out!

Very helpfull staff! I always felt welcomed :)... Wifi at the Rooms would be nice :)

Very friendly staff! I recommend the Mutianyu Great Wall trip, it is well worth it.

The staff were so incredibly friendly & helpful, they were very busy but always made time to help us & answer questions. The New years party was great fun & we just loved the hostel as a whole - the decor is amazing and it was like a little quiet Oasis in all the hussle & bussle of Beijing.

I was here during the Lunar New Year holiday and really enjoyed my stay -- the staff is very helpful and always available, and the lounge area as a great atmosphere. The beds were very comfortable and the dorm rooms were split by curtains so it felt like there were less people in the room. They had a New Years dumpling making and dinner event that was great, and I also booked my great wall tour through them.

Fantastic hostel with great friendly and helpful staff. Fantastic common area - very comfortable, with food and drink reasonably priced. Standard and deluxe rooms were both good value - we had both during 2 stays within a week. No clothing or storage areas so you live out of your backpack/suitcase - but what else to expect for the money. Incredibly comfortable beds - the best in China! And fantastic showers - water hot and strong and plenty of it. Highly recommended for a hutong experience.

Really nice hostel! Sweet and helpful girls in the reception, nice common area and comfortable beds

The staff is very friendly and even helped me with charging up my phone bills through a service. Very grateful! Love the environment and the people I met there (both staff and visitors) were super nice.

• 6th Feb 2015