Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

Wonderful staff members. Great food and atmosphere.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Very helpful reception staff. Helped me a lot, especially in getting me out to a less common part of the Great Wall , by writing me things in Chinese after checking them out on the Internet. Thank you so much guys!!!

Overall - this place was pretty good. We stayed twice, first time, we were in a basic twin - which was pretty basic (as were the toilets/showers). The second stay was in a double, which was actually quite nice (comfy bed/decent ensuite). The staff were really friendly, helpful despite language barrier, and helped with tours/train tickets which was great. They do do food in the evening - although seemed inconsistent as to when this was offered... some nights was a sign with 'no dinner'.....

The hostel had a very nice atmosphere. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds. We had a Mixed dorm for six persons but our room was attached (with no door) to another four bedroom. The shower had problem with the pressure of the water. The big plus with the hostel is the location, it is great. The staff was very helpful but sometimes the English could have been better. Recommend it a lot.

A great hostel... Good location and a really nice atmosphere!

I really enjoyed my stay here. I ended up staying for two weeks and I was really sad to go. The staff is super friendly and nice and will go out of their way to help you out. Everyone there has a great personality and makes you feel welcome. Only problem was lack of wifi in rooms but that made everyone come out of their shell and socialize which was nice. I will definitely go back there if I ever need a place t o stay short term again.

Everything was perfect, the price, the location, the people and the atmosphere. The staffs were helpful, and had welling to help. The location gave the chance to walk tour some famous sites like forbidden palace... I want to say more but it's less powerful than stay with them again next time. That is what I gonna do. Thank you, Peking yard.

• 28th May 2015
  • China

Would stay again. They were recommended to me by a friend, & were recommended to him by a friend ! Staff were helpful.. can speak English. Also patient if you want to practice Chinese. Very clear directions, location good. Dorms have lockers, sockets and lamps per bed. Showers are clean, towels available to rent. Can book train tickets at hostel(30 yuan service fee - worth it if you are a foreigner, as you can't buy tickets at any office like in SH) & tour tickets. Had a good time.

We stayed here for five nights. For the first two nights we were upgraded to a private room with bathroom. This room was fantastic, we really enjoyed the roof-top garden, beautiful reception and general atmosphere. For our final three nights we moved across the road to a twin bedroom with shared bathroom. Honestly, the facilities on this side were significantly worse in quality. We could here everything in each of the other rooms, including the bathroom! Would recommend paying the extra.

Great location easy walk from subway station with friendly and accommodating staff. The dorm beds are big and really soft for Chinese standards- which was a pleasant surprise. The courtyard provides a beautiful oasis from the bustling city streets just 150m away and the rooftop patio is full of colorful flowers. One morning there was even someone practicing the flute making for a wonderful sunrise soundtrack in this ancient neighborhood. Cool common room with lots of big couches.

The hostel is amazing

PekingYard is a nice and clean hostel close to the forbidden palace. When arriving with the subway we liked that we got a plan to get to the hostel. We arrived in a hostel full of flowers which was very nice. The staff was very friendly and helpfull. Our room was clean and very nice. But beware of any cracks in the ceiling, on a rainy day we had a little leak but we immediately got fresh sheets when we showed this problem.

The hostel is located very near to a subway station which is nice, and there is a convenience store right near by, but the hutong it is located on can smell disgusting due to the fact there are public restrooms next to the hostel, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you may wish to avoid (though it should be noted this is not the fault of the hostel) The staff are helpful, sometimes a language barrier can exist though. Also, the showers are tiny and there is weak water pressure. Over all ok

very nice staff and atmasphere. Especially like the bar. The flowers in the bar is fantastic!

Wonderful staff, great space, perfect location.

Amazing I would say try to leave the YHA light on from dusk to 0000. That was the only way I found the hostel when I arrived at night. Up date your directions to state that the hostel is on the left of the street. I loved it though

The location is the best, just one block from the subway station. I like so much of my bed, so much confortable and the rooms size is perfect. Staff is very kind and gave me all support. If I visit Pequim again, probably I will stay there again. ;)

Loved this hostel. They have thought of everything. Bed was super comfortable. Extended my stay because it was so good.

For the money the room was small. Hostels could offer single rooms for those that do not want to share room/bathroom with others. The hostel should have "special" taxi that will pick up people by the hostel, we had to wait 20 minutes for taxi and cross busy street to get into taxi. Taxi did not give a number to find him. Also, this taxi app is not good for people that do not have. When cafe open's at 7:30 they should be ready to serve especially if tour people need to meet at 0800.

• 15th Apr 2015

Good location, though I would've appreciated better directions. They say the bus is the best way from Beijing West Station, but the subway goes right there and is about twice as fast. The staff were very helpful, though I believe the tours they offer are a little overpriced for what they are. The rooms are nice, though I prefer curtains on the beds. The common area is cozy but not particularly conducive to meeting fellow travelers if that's your thing. Overall very nice though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3