Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

• Dirty • Massively over priced • Substandard • Rude staff • I've seen better prison cells We were supposed to stay 4 nights and only stayed the one. Wouldn't have stayed at all if it wasn't for our arrival time of 11pm If the hostel wishes to contact me I will gladly explain my comments further.

The surroundings of the hostel was very good and clean though the street outside was smelly as public toilets are at the corner. All young staffs were energetic except a wired old man. He asked all people to leave the common area after 1 A.M.. It was an annoying rule as there was the ONLY place can receive wifi. And I would suggest they setup a wifi with VPN so the travelers can reach facebook and google and other websites which Chinese government blocked.

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Hong Kong

Really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are amazing and so helpful - really went out of their way to ensure navigating Beijing was easy. They were also helpful when asking about places to eat and other cool things to do and see in the city. The atmosphere was super chilled and not too social. People seemed to stick to themselves and not really want to do any "group things".

Peking yard is a good place to rest and chill. it is not the place to party. The lounge/ loving room area is cool and comfortable. I felt secure and I found this hostel clean.

It's a really nice and beautiful hostel right in the hutong area. So you can actually live with the locals, which was what we wanted. The staff was always friendly, smiling and asking how you are. That was really kind. We stayed in a comfortable twin bedroom. I was so glad we had an A/C !!

the rooms with shared bathrooms are in another complex at the other side of the street, so you can't enjoy the patio, where the other rooms are located. On every other aspect it was a perfect stay. Price-quality ratio is unbeatable, would recommend 100%.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Booked a 6 bed dorm, got placed in a 10 bed one.. No refund for the mistake or apologize. Moved to a new room the day after after a "talk" in the reception. Apart from this the hostel was fine.

The food its so bad and its not too many places to eat near. but location its so good, but a little strange because is on a small street.

• 7th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

A fab hostel! Really nice bar area to hang out in, helpful staff, nice + clean en-suite rooms - and only 15 mins metro away from the Forbidden City! Really recommend for solo and group travellers alike. Thanks!!

Wonderful staff members. Great food and atmosphere.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Spain

Very helpful reception staff. Helped me a lot, especially in getting me out to a less common part of the Great Wall , by writing me things in Chinese after checking them out on the Internet. Thank you so much guys!!!

Overall - this place was pretty good. We stayed twice, first time, we were in a basic twin - which was pretty basic (as were the toilets/showers). The second stay was in a double, which was actually quite nice (comfy bed/decent ensuite). The staff were really friendly, helpful despite language barrier, and helped with tours/train tickets which was great. They do do food in the evening - although seemed inconsistent as to when this was offered... some nights was a sign with 'no dinner'.....

The hostel had a very nice atmosphere. The rooms were nice with comfortable beds. We had a Mixed dorm for six persons but our room was attached (with no door) to another four bedroom. The shower had problem with the pressure of the water. The big plus with the hostel is the location, it is great. The staff was very helpful but sometimes the English could have been better. Recommend it a lot.

A great hostel... Good location and a really nice atmosphere!

I really enjoyed my stay here. I ended up staying for two weeks and I was really sad to go. The staff is super friendly and nice and will go out of their way to help you out. Everyone there has a great personality and makes you feel welcome. Only problem was lack of wifi in rooms but that made everyone come out of their shell and socialize which was nice. I will definitely go back there if I ever need a place t o stay short term again.

Everything was perfect, the price, the location, the people and the atmosphere. The staffs were helpful, and had welling to help. The location gave the chance to walk tour some famous sites like forbidden palace... I want to say more but it's less powerful than stay with them again next time. That is what I gonna do. Thank you, Peking yard.

• 28th May 2015
  • China

Would stay again. They were recommended to me by a friend, & were recommended to him by a friend ! Staff were helpful.. can speak English. Also patient if you want to practice Chinese. Very clear directions, location good. Dorms have lockers, sockets and lamps per bed. Showers are clean, towels available to rent. Can book train tickets at hostel(30 yuan service fee - worth it if you are a foreigner, as you can't buy tickets at any office like in SH) & tour tickets. Had a good time.

We stayed here for five nights. For the first two nights we were upgraded to a private room with bathroom. This room was fantastic, we really enjoyed the roof-top garden, beautiful reception and general atmosphere. For our final three nights we moved across the road to a twin bedroom with shared bathroom. Honestly, the facilities on this side were significantly worse in quality. We could here everything in each of the other rooms, including the bathroom! Would recommend paying the extra.

Great location easy walk from subway station with friendly and accommodating staff. The dorm beds are big and really soft for Chinese standards- which was a pleasant surprise. The courtyard provides a beautiful oasis from the bustling city streets just 150m away and the rooftop patio is full of colorful flowers. One morning there was even someone practicing the flute making for a wonderful sunrise soundtrack in this ancient neighborhood. Cool common room with lots of big couches.

The hostel is amazing