Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

It was a really amazing experience! The hostel is too cozy and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Note 10 to the staff. I've been there with my family and we had a great time! Really recommend it!

Hi There, many thanks for your good review, really wish you can back to our hostel again! Cheers!

This place is fantastic. If you're arriving by rail, getting from Beijing South Railway Station to Zhangzizhong Lu and walking to the hostel is really easy. The staff was very friendly and worked with me when I decided to stay an extra night. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the interior lounge is decorated with flowers and lots of cozy places to hang out and soak up the WiFi in between your adventures. I'd highly recommend this place if you're trekking through Beijing!

• 21st Apr 2014

Hi There, your like is the the most important thing to us. We are really glad you enjoy your stay here and you are always warm welcomed to back to our hostel again! Let's go for BBQ when you come back. Cheers!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Its incredible that such an escape exists in such a busy and dirty place. As soon as you enter the door, you might wonder whether you became lost and entered a nursery. Flowers everywhere, amazing smell, and very friendly people that do not only care for their guests but also their flowers - amazing! Very relaxing to hang out on the planted roof top or in the lobby with chill out music. Would definitely come back when being in Beijing again!

Located in a very quiet hutong not far from Sanlitun. Very appealing lounge area. We had only one minor complaint: about the loudness of the music piped into the lounge area. There were speakers distributed throughout the entire space so moving wasn't an option. I asked for the music to be lowered and it was immediately adjusted downward. About 10 minutes later it returned to the original volume and, when I inquired about it, a different receptionist said that he didn't think it was too loud.

Hi There, Please take my apologizes for our staff's rudeness. Sorry for the loud music, wish it didn't bother your stay in our hostel. We will do more training to our new staff. Cheers!

Beautiful place in a really good location in a Hutong. It has a great yard and the staff is really nice. We would come again. Thank you!

Very lovely hostel. Beautiful flowers and plants everywhere. The food is also good. And they have bike rental. The staff helps you when you have questions. Super!

Hi There, Thanks for your good review. We really enjoy the time during your stay, you guys treat everyone here so friendly and brought us so much fun. We really wish we can meet again! Cheers!

I stayed at this hostel for 5 weeks and I LOVED it. The staff is kind and helpful, the people who came through the hostel were great, & the location is perfect. The only slightly annoying thing was the internet, but I found that challenge all over Beijing. The neighborhood is so interesting & you're in walking distance of many historic places. If you don't feel like walking there are 2 metro stops on either end of the block the hostel is on. I Loved it, and would certainly stay there again!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • kblockst

I was only here for 2 days but had a great stay. The staff was very helpful and did a great job answering my many questions. Also, I did their great wall tour and had a great time!! Thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Hi There, we really enjoy the time you stay here,wish we can meet again in Peking Yard!

If you are not staying in an ensuite room, the hostel has only ONE toilet and ONE shower for the ENTIRE hostel and you have to cross the outside courtyard to get there! God forbid you should have an emergency or get stuck waiting after someone taking a very long shower at night(temperatures in Beijing while I was staying there were below 0 degrees). Some staff members were very useful while others gave us misleading information. Room was clean and warm though, the location was good!

Hi There, Please take my apologizes from heart first. As there are private ensuite for all the dorms in the yard except the room you booked. But sometimes people don't want to open the door to use their own toilet and shower . I am really sorry about your unhappy experience . Next time when you back i will take a private room for you guys. Cheers!

Nice place, very good location close to a metro station.

Hi There, thanks for your highly recommendation, wish we can meet in our yard again! Cheers!

Excellent!!! And, Since that I want, no, really would like to play pool games, i think I will give 100 percent value to this hostel then!

Hi There, please feel free to play pool games in our hostel from 11am to 11pm! You are always warm welcomed back to our hostel again! Cheers!

Superb accommodation. Excellent location for getting around Beijing. Just thought some of the staff were rather unwelcoming. Over-all it is an excellent place to stay in Beijing.

A charming hostel in an excellent location minutes away from the metro and major sights. The staff were friendly and offered reasonably-priced tours to the Great Wall that included a generous lunch. The room was small but cozy. My only complaints are that the bathroom had a minor ant problem and it would have been nice for our mugs to be cleaned once or twice during our stay. Not a deal breaker.

Extremely clean hostel that had excellent bathrooms and showers which were cleaned on a daily basis. Located a two-minute walk from the Beijing metro. Staff was extremely helpful in recommending attractions and the best Peking duck restaurants. The decoration and atmosphere of the lobby area is fantastic and the breakfast (while slightly pricey) was delicious. Would definitely recommend to anyone traveling to Beijing.

Pros: -Great location. Five minutes' walk from subway station and only a few stations away from the forbidden city. It's located in a quiet residential area where you can see some old streets. -Heating and hot water shower were great. -Most staff were nice and helpful. Cons: -I barely had any chance to enjoy the yard, because my dorm room and the yard were not in the same building! (They were close, though) -The room was smaller than those shown in the images. No wifi provided in the room.

1 2 Next » last »