Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

Great place and great people!

• 4th Aug 2014

Hi There,many thanks for your encouragement. We will try our best to make our hostel better. Cheers!

I had a very good stay in this hostel. I spend 4 nights in Beijing. Staff is very helpulf. I have to be honest and when I arrived at night I did not like the place but next morning all my impression changed. I suggest this place. I took the Great wall tour from this hostel and it was the bestexperience I had in all China.

Hi There, I am really glad to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hostel finally.It's really important to our team. We hope our guests can take our hostel as their home in Beijing. Next time you can try camping in Great Wall , I am pretty sure you can get more fun. Cheers!

Lovely hostel, very close to the metro station and staff always friendly, available and helpful. Only slight downside was lack of wifi in the room (but free wifi was available in common area) / no privacy curtain around bunk.

Hi There,many thanks for your good review and your valuable advice.About the wifi,we really wish all the guests can come to common area instead of surfing and tweeting in the room. In common area, you will have more chances to share your travel experiences and make new friends. Wish you can understand. Cheers!

There is not a kitchen that we can make our own food. Besides that, everything is good!

If Beijing is your first trip in China mainland and Peking Yard is perfect place. Location is really close to subway station, helpful and English spoken staff, and interesting common. Well recommended.

The hostel is fantastic but a bit more expensive as all other such hostels in Beijing!

The staff is very friendly and they speak perfect English.Its a beautifull hostel and very clean and they have a nice area to relax at on the couches. I think the hostel is expensive for the dorm rooms and very crammed, no real space to but ones backpack and a 6 Bed dorm should be made into 3 bed dorm for this kind of money.

It's not so close to metro and expensive a little.

Peking Yard Hostel was a fantastic little oasis in Beijing. The common area is lovely to chill out in and the staff are extremely helpful, particularly with arranging train tickets in summer. The hostel is also close to a subway station and in the hutongs. The dorm rooms are a little cramped but other than that I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend it to others.

Lovely hostel, great locations just 5 minute walk from the underground. The hostel has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and the staff were very helpful and able to arrange trips to the Great Wall of china and advise you on good places to go and to eat. I stayed in the twin room and it was basic but clean and comfortable which is all you need. The roof top flower garden was beautiful! I would definitely stay here again!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Absolutely wonderful place! Walkable to many important places an right next to a metro station. There are two different types of safes where you can keep valuables (in room and in the lobby). The common area has wifi (spotty sometimes when lots of people are using it, but that's common in Beijing). And the common area really encourages people getting to know each other: I ended up having Peking duck and going out with several folks. The staff are SO HELPFUL! They went out of their way!

Totally recommended Peking Yard Hostel! Just next to everything you need, restaurants, metro station (2min. distance), 15 mints walk distance from Forbidden City, Bars, Night Market, etc. The room was clean, ok space, and also they give you a locker with a key. They have western food in their menu, a little bit expensive, but very tasteful (worth it!). If you like party hostels, do not book it! Here is a place to stay more relaxed at night. I would totally stay here again!

• 3rd Jul 2014

It was great to stay there.

Hi there, many thanks for your good review. Wish we can meet in Peking Yard again. Cheers!

I was traveling to Beijing as transit and had to fly to Siberia. I decided to stay in Beijing for 2 days at Peking Yard Hostel, I really had a great time staying as a backpacker. The Staff was very friendly and kind. I have stayed at many places but the staff of Peking Yard hostel turned out to be the best : )) Especially a very beautiful girl in Staff from Northern China working there in administration was outstanding and helpful. I hope to see her and the Beijing soon again. Thank you Peking!

Hi There, we are really happy to hear that you enjoy your stay in our hostel, and many thanks for your highly appreciation about the staff and our service. You are so gentle and brought so much fun to us during your stay. We really wish meet you again in Peking . cheers! Lena

Beautiful and comfortable common area just as the photo shown. You can enjoy the whole afternoon here by reading some books or playing with your tablet. It is easy to make friends here. Staff are nice and helpful. The hostel is pretty near to the subway with only 5-min walk. It is convenient going to everywhere in Beijing. However, the dorm is comparatively tiny and the common bathroom is quiet smelly. Wifi is not available in the dorm.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Hong Kong

We really enjoyed stay in this hostel (more like hotel). We had double room with own toilet. Garden is amazing and relaxing. Breakfast was also good. Hostel is better as average. We were very surprised, there wasn't possible pay by credit card.

Stayed here in 2011 and again in 2014... Still as wonderful as I remember it... Super friendly and helpful staff; good rooms and facilities; beautiful common room and patio area... We originally booked a regular double, but they didn't have any available when we arrived, so they put us in a deluxe for the same price. We were obviously very lucky, but it was such a great/unexpected surprise... Good location with a metro station nearby; very quiet safe... What more could you ask for in a hostel?

I enjoyed my stay, but it was not quite what I expected. There is no "yard" except for a small courtyard that has no seating and serves primarily as a passage to the private rooms. The patio, featured prominently in the pictures, seemed to be little more than a smoking terrace for the smoking staff; it is hard to get to and unsheltered, and I never saw anyone up there except for staff members taking short smoking breaks. The fresh flowers throughout the hostel are nice, though.

1 2 Next » last »