Peking Yard Hostel Reviews

No. Jia 28, Wangzhima Hutong, Dongsibei Street, Dongcheng Disctrict, Beijing, China

It's a nice place, the common room is very comfy and sociable and the beds are clean and nice. Staff are very willing to help and speak good English. The food is pretty expensive though.

Good location, close to the metro station and there are many hutong around that you can have a closer look at the old Beijing lifestyle. The lobby is nice and cosy, lots of fresh flowers. It's a nice hostel in general, quite intimate, not a party vibe though, just a bit over priced I reckon.

Hi There, thanks for your review, wish we can meet in Peking yard again! Cheers!

Beautiful hostel in the city center, a few minutes walk from the metro. The common area is just lovely and very comfortable and the staff is great. The price is a bit on the high side though (100 yuan for a dorm room). When you go to the wall, take the "hiking" tour. It's amazing and not that hard.

Hi There, thanks for your useful information and highly recommendation, we will add more culture issue to make our guests' stay have more fun! Cheers!

Shoes got stolen at night when sleeping. Should probably lock everything up. But love the interior design of this hostel.

Hi There, wish you already get the shoes delivered by our special transporter. And I think it will be very special travel experience to you . And also it means a lot to us. Cheers!

This hostel is close to becoming Beijing's best, and with a few tweaks should be a firm favourite for travellers of all types and ages. The central communal area is fantastic and feels more like a plant nursery than a hostel. The sofas are comfy, next to radiators and books it genuinely feels like a living room. Outdoor spaces are just as cool, especially the terrace with cafe tables, though with the heat and pollution of Beijing these are seldom used. The staff are really helpful and friendly,

Loved Peking Yard Hostel!!!!!!!! Beautiful atmosphere, Super clean, and Fantastic staff! (The milkshakes are pretty awesome too) The only thing I would recommend is to requests to have the major street intersection sent in email for the taxi drivers. I had an incredibly hard time getting a taxi to take me to the hostel. The easy fix for someone who does not speak Chinese would be to provide the major intersection as it would only be a 3 min walk from there.

• 17th May 2014

Peking yard hostel is a very nice and well decorated hostel, extremely well situated close by feet to many monuments. The staff was also very patient and helpful. I think however that this place is a bit expensive : the dorms were very tiny (almost no space for backpacks) and the breakfast was really too expensive for China. The 2 persons bedrooms looked nice but i did not stayed in one.

Hi There, I am really sorry to let you know our hostel lacated in a very expensive area, the rent is unbelievable high. We will try our best to make our guests have a nice stay in our hostel. Cheers!

Beautiful setting with the fresh flowers in the common area! Most of the staff were pleasant and helpful. Rooms were fine, great to have lockers with a key to put things in.

Hi There, glad to hear that you enjoy your stay here, wish we can meet again!Cheers!

Eveything was perfect but the room 102 smelt bad in the bathroom, smell from sewer.

• 30th Apr 2014

Hi There, many thanks for your good review, and I am really sorry for the smell in your room. We will try our best to change such situation. Cheers!

This is just one of my favorite hostels in Beijing. The lounge area with the flowers is just amazing and the rooms are clean modern and nice.

It was a really amazing experience! The hostel is too cozy and the atmosphere is very pleasant. Note 10 to the staff. I've been there with my family and we had a great time! Really recommend it!

Hi There, many thanks for your good review, really wish you can back to our hostel again! Cheers!

This place is fantastic. If you're arriving by rail, getting from Beijing South Railway Station to Zhangzizhong Lu and walking to the hostel is really easy. The staff was very friendly and worked with me when I decided to stay an extra night. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the interior lounge is decorated with flowers and lots of cozy places to hang out and soak up the WiFi in between your adventures. I'd highly recommend this place if you're trekking through Beijing!

• 21st Apr 2014

Hi There, your like is the the most important thing to us. We are really glad you enjoy your stay here and you are always warm welcomed to back to our hostel again! Let's go for BBQ when you come back. Cheers!

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Its incredible that such an escape exists in such a busy and dirty place. As soon as you enter the door, you might wonder whether you became lost and entered a nursery. Flowers everywhere, amazing smell, and very friendly people that do not only care for their guests but also their flowers - amazing! Very relaxing to hang out on the planted roof top or in the lobby with chill out music. Would definitely come back when being in Beijing again!

Located in a very quiet hutong not far from Sanlitun. Very appealing lounge area. We had only one minor complaint: about the loudness of the music piped into the lounge area. There were speakers distributed throughout the entire space so moving wasn't an option. I asked for the music to be lowered and it was immediately adjusted downward. About 10 minutes later it returned to the original volume and, when I inquired about it, a different receptionist said that he didn't think it was too loud.

Hi There, Please take my apologizes for our staff's rudeness. Sorry for the loud music, wish it didn't bother your stay in our hostel. We will do more training to our new staff. Cheers!

Beautiful place in a really good location in a Hutong. It has a great yard and the staff is really nice. We would come again. Thank you!

Very lovely hostel. Beautiful flowers and plants everywhere. The food is also good. And they have bike rental. The staff helps you when you have questions. Super!

Hi There, Thanks for your good review. We really enjoy the time during your stay, you guys treat everyone here so friendly and brought us so much fun. We really wish we can meet again! Cheers!

I stayed at this hostel for 5 weeks and I LOVED it. The staff is kind and helpful, the people who came through the hostel were great, & the location is perfect. The only slightly annoying thing was the internet, but I found that challenge all over Beijing. The neighborhood is so interesting & you're in walking distance of many historic places. If you don't feel like walking there are 2 metro stops on either end of the block the hostel is on. I Loved it, and would certainly stay there again!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • kblockst

I was only here for 2 days but had a great stay. The staff was very helpful and did a great job answering my many questions. Also, I did their great wall tour and had a great time!! Thanks!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Hi There, we really enjoy the time you stay here,wish we can meet again in Peking Yard!

If you are not staying in an ensuite room, the hostel has only ONE toilet and ONE shower for the ENTIRE hostel and you have to cross the outside courtyard to get there! God forbid you should have an emergency or get stuck waiting after someone taking a very long shower at night(temperatures in Beijing while I was staying there were below 0 degrees). Some staff members were very useful while others gave us misleading information. Room was clean and warm though, the location was good!

Hi There, Please take my apologizes from heart first. As there are private ensuite for all the dorms in the yard except the room you booked. But sometimes people don't want to open the door to use their own toilet and shower . I am really sorry about your unhappy experience . Next time when you back i will take a private room for you guys. Cheers!

Nice place, very good location close to a metro station.

Hi There, thanks for your highly recommendation, wish we can meet in our yard again! Cheers!