Pella-Inn Reviews

Ermou 104, Athens, Greece

Great location, clean room, helpful staff and great value for money. Only con was the handheld shower head with no hook to hang it up. Very difficult to not leave the bathroom flooded.

• 25th Jun 2014

The bunk rooms are pretty small, but that's ok if you just need it for a place to sleep. The bathrooms need work, the kind of bathrooms you don't want to be barefoot in. But it's doable if that doesn't bother you too much. The rooftop patio is beautiful and night, and the location is wonderful...just steps away from great restaurants, the market and the ancient Agora. Good place for young backpackers :)

• 25th Jun 2014

Pella Inn exceeded my expectations. I only stayed for 1 night as a stop for a next-morning flight, so I didn't care about the 80% rating and only booked it for its excellent location near Monasteraki. However, I thought it deserved at least a 85% or 88% rating because it was so nice! The AC was really great, the bathrooms were clean and easy to use, convenient showers.

Aside from limited wifi in the room, the place was perfect! It was very easy to find and close to the train station! The view from the rooftop was excellent.

Nice, simple hostel. Very well located. Nice terrace with a beautiful view on the Acropolis.

I stayed here for both my arrival and departure in Greece. Loved it! It is in the best location you can think of! It is clean, safe, very cool, and has a great view of the Acropolis from the rooftop patio. (they offer a free welcome shot of ouzo, so that's a plus!). My room had an AC unit, but it didn't work. Athens gets VERY hot, so falling asleep was a bit difficult. Other than that, I loved the place, and if I ever am lucky enough to return to Greece, I would stay here again.

The rooftop bar was amazing, with views of the acropolis and the sunset in the evening. The atmosphere up there was very chilled and I had a great night every night I was there. The rooms were comfortable, with aircon thankfully! You needed to ask for sheets but that's not really a problem, and as I understand is pretty common in Greece. It was very much central and that made it a pretty ideal hostel, the agora, acropolis and all the ancient sites were literately a 2 minute walk down the road.

Okay hostel, fantastic location and roof terrace with very friendly bar staff. The rest of the hostel lacked atmosphere and showers were interesting! Air-con in our room didn't work, reception staff weren't particularly friendly or informative.

Location was excellent, right near the metro station and walking distance to attractions and shopping. Monastiraki Sq. is slightly sketchy. Loved the balcony and the rooftop bar which both had views of the Acropolis! One thing that was missing was an attachment in the shower for the handheld shower head instead of having to hold it up after a hot, sticky day of Athens siteseeing. After checkout, we were able to leave our bags at the hostel in lockers for the whole day which was a great option.

Roof top bar is great for socialising, relaxing and admiring the view. Hostel is in a great location. Able to get to major attractions with ease. Port and airport are so easily accessible too. Bathrooms let the place down a bit. The bathrooms on level 3 had a musty smell and the hand held shower floods the floor a bit. Overall enjoyed my stay though.

We showed up thirty minutes late because our ferry arrived later than expected in Athens and Pella-Inn gave away our room :( Very dissatisfied. We arrived around 12:30 at night and we did not feel comfortable as two women walking around the streets of Athens to find another hostel. We also lost our deposit.

Great rooftop bar, friendly helpful staff. Location fantastic very close to metro. No lockers etc in room. Excellent wifi on ground floor- unable to get it above 3rd floor. Stayed in 8 bed dorm - very spacious. Also stayed in 5 bed dorm- this cramped!!! But on the whole definitely recommended - would stay again for sure.

• 16th Jun 2014

Simple place, just for sleep.

Perfectly acceptable hostel with great location for acropolis agora and flea market

Some toilets were broken and No light in the shower. But really nice bar on the roof top and great location!

The door lock wouldnt work from the outside and a girl was bitten multiple times (possibly by bed bugs). It was a good hostel for a night, though.

Great location, staff were nice!

Wifi doesn't work in the room. The neighborhood seems not safe at night, but it's very close to the station.

Best and easiest location possible! Right next to the Monastiraki metrostation where you can get direct metro to airport and to port of Pireaus. Everything is about walking distance away and nothing beats the dorm window view directly to Acropolis! Good common areas to get to know other people, roofterrace is just excellent! If they just could strengthen the Wi-fi connection, so it would work in all floors and give sheets without asking, would be definitely best choice possible in the city!

Hostel is in an excellent location with access to all the main stops in Athens. Room was very clean and even had a balcony with a great view of the Acropolis! Staff was super helpful the whole time. Only downside was spotty wifi, but otherwise it was great!