Pencil 5 Seoul Hostel Reviews

295-39 Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea

I've had a great time at Pencil 5 and decided to extend my stay. The staff are super nice and welcoming. I would definitely recommend staying at Pencil 5!

Hi, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We shall have Korean BBQ together when you visit Seoul again! All the best!!!!

Very helpful staff. Was just a bit hard to find the location from the subway station. Other than that everything was fine.

Thanks for being here with us. We always email about how to get here easily(with Youtube video and the map), next time please check it out ^_^ We also want our guests to find here easily. We all miss you, wish you so much luck and happiness. Hope to see you again soon. Cheers !! <3

A real home away from home - I had a great time. We spent New Years together watching Korean TV eating ice cream cake and watching back to the future 2 - fabulous. The next day the guest house owner cooked Korean New Years soup for is- which tasted amazing. The staff was fabulous, they had lots of suggestions for what to do and helped me send my postcards - I would definitely come back

• 31st Dec 2015

Thanks for your stay in Pencil 5 hostel. I love this saying, 'You area what you eat' so i can say we were making you with new year's Korean soup haha =) Wish so so much luck and happiness, and please keep your great memory here in Seoul with us. Cheers !! <3

Whether you are coming with friends/couple or alone, I can say Pencil 5 is the best choice! DJ and the rest of the staff are simply amazing, and will always try their best to help you and make you feel at home. Almost every day there is some kind of activity going on in the common room, be it home-made dumpling making, a tasty Korean dish made with love by DJ, or simply drinking Soju while playing cards while sharing stories with other travellers. Will definitely come back next time in Seoul!

Thanks for being here with us~ We love lazy travelers like you ^_^ so can be more close together~ Yupp making Korean dumpling was so interesting. haha giving you XOXO

amazing place, I originally came only for two days, but I was happy to stay longer. Friendly staff who help with anything at any time, or just chat. The hostel has a nice owner, DJ, who will prepare eggs for breakfast for you, taking to the markets, and still does even lunch. Thanks for a great time with you!

Big thanks for being here with us. Next time please try lunch together, we cook lunch for our guests almost everyday especially Korean food ^_^ We miss you so much, best wishes !!

For my very first hostel experience, I was pleasantly surprised. Met some really great people from around the world and the staff were welcoming and accommodating. Will look forward to booking here again when up in Seoul in Spring.

• 24th Dec 2015

Thank you for you stay with us. You were also a great friend to us. Wish you so muck luck and happiness. Hope to see you soon for the next chance. Best wishes =)

The best hostel I have ever stayed at. Period. I have stayed at a fair amount but the atmosphere here is unrivaled. The staff are all amazing: DJ, CJ, Seymin [who is really good at drinking games :) ], Cieyla, Aziz, Aslan, Suri... incredible exchange going on here, lunch together pretty much everyday I was there! You can get to Bukhansan really easily and the neighborhood has a lot of character, a traditional market and lots of authentic, cheap street food. Stay here.

We already miss you brother. Your American food you made for us, we will never forget. Hope to see you soon here in Pencil 5, and share our warm heart together. Let's get fat haha ~ Cheers !!

everything is good! especially, the staff is really nice and kind! thanks

• 8th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

Thanks ^^ We already miss you~~>.

Pencil 5 was a great place to stay: quiet, welcoming, and with more friendly guests than other hostels I've stayed at. I only stayed one night, but was given a free lunch of local food (prepared by hostel staff) and was invited to join some of the guests and staff for dinner at the hostel, as well -- cooked by a chef-in-training. Delicious. A very pleasant and laid back environment.

• 13th Oct 2015

Hello ^_^ We all miss you already, so so so much. We had fun a lot with you absolutely. Wish you so much happiness for good :=) Thanks ^_^

I've booked this hostel with just KRW9000 per night! The cheapest that I can't get anywhere in Seoul.! The most importantly the hospitality ,cleanliness & the quality accomodation they offer..Gonna come back again!

• 7th Oct 2015
  • Malaysia

Thank you ^_^ See you again!!

I've been hostelling for years. Pencil 5 hostel stands out because of the ambience created by the owner, DJ, and his staff, namely CJ and Sheila. They are warm, hospitable, helpful and funny and these rubbed off on us, hostel guests. We became friends. Pencil 5's tag line, "having fun and making good memories" is so true!

Words cannot describe how much fun I had at Pencil5!! I loved the room and the hostel's location is great! But above all is the staff- CJ, DJ and Sheila- definitely the nicest people I met in Korea Thank you so much for everything, I love you and miss you!

• 30th Sep 2015
  • Israel

Hello ^_^ We all miss you already, so so so much. Wish you so much happiness for good. Cheers !!! ^_^

Dorms are a little cramped; especially if the people that got their first have spread out and taken up all the space (not the hostels fault). Private was great though the mattress was a little lumpy. Staff was super friendly and helpful. Wifi was excellent (every room has a router). A little price, and a little out of the way from stuff. But overall nice.

Thank you ^_^ See you again!! Have a nice day ~~!

It was a great experience staying in Pencil 5 Hostel. we did meet people from various nationalities.

Thank you ^_^ See you again!! Have a nice day ~~:)

This hostel was a pleasure to stay at. The dorm room, although a little small for four people, was immaculately clean and well presented. The bed was comfortable and I was lucky to have the entire room to myself for 2 of the days that I stayed there. The staff are awesome. They were kind enough to store some of my luggage for 2 days. The atmosphere is really relaxed and feels like a "home away from home". I will definitely be staying there again and will recommend Pencil 5 to friends.

Thank you ^_^ See you again!! Have a nice day ~~:=)