Pencil 5 Seoul Hostel Reviews

295-39 Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Everything and everybody is super nice.good location and really nice staff, DJ,CJ,AZIZ. very thanks.

• 7th Feb 2015

It was like a home to me. Never expected this kind of warm welcome :) Thank u all for awesome free lunch , DJ u were a real chef ! Any guests plan to visit Pencil5, dont miss the nice free lunch with others~ Thank you DJ Aziz and Ella

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Had a really nice time. Super friendly staff and guests. Felt right at home.

• 11th Dec 2014

It was great time with you at my hostel. You were a super sweet friend and know how to get along with people well. Big thanks for everything. I will never forget. =)

DJ and his staff are very dedicated to guests, the facility is in prime conditions and atmosphere and vibe is excellent, you feel welcome, you feel like in home, there are different activities at the hostel, so I will strongly recommend the hostel to anybody

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi it's me DJ, Thank you and it was my big pleasure to be with you. Hope to see you again soon. Wish you so much luck ^_^

Just awesome hostel ever i stayed. I am just a budget backpacker though, they treated me as a family members like sharing Korean food and taking care of me so friendly. Even when i was in the room, the staff knocked the door and asked me for having lunch together~ feel like home with warm heart. 1 more tip for the other guests in future, don't miss bibimbab (Korean traditional food) lunch on Wednesday. It is really yummy to anybody, i bet. Classic game machine reminds me of,, when i was young ^^

• 20th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Haha, it was my big pleasure to be with you. Next time i will make more delicious Korean food for you. Take care until then. ^_^

The hostel is located in a quiet area but you'll find metro station, minimarket, bars and restaurants under 5min walk. The city centre is accessible by metro under 15-20min. A taxi ride will cost you around 10 000wons from the center to get back to the hostel. The staff is very helpful and you'll pretty much feel like home very easily. The rooms have concrete floor but you'll be provided slippers, the overall is clean and tidy.

• 6th Nov 2014

You were so kind guest, we will miss you~ You left you jacket, we sent it. Hope it will find you soon. Thank you for being my guest. ^_^

It was nice that our room had a kitchenette and a front loading washing machine. However, I noticed that it was still wet when I opened the door of the front loading washing machine. When a guest checks out, the staff needs to make sure the door of the washing machine is left open so it can air out and mold won't form. Also, the staff needs to clean out the detergent bin and drain the washer so that it doesn't overflow.

Замечательное место. Однозначно советую всем.

The best Moment in Pencil 5 and Dj very friendly…Recommended to All traveller...

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Pretty good hostel, dorms were a little damp when I arrived but that might have been more down to a roommate.. Kitchen area upstairs where you can chill out. Only issue I had was all the rooms are located around a concrete staircase and some people (not necessarily hostel guests) got very loud a few nights I was there in the night.

The staff was absolutely incredible. DJ is a welcoming and caring person! And Danny, well, you'll know it when you meet him. Eric was amazing too. Great group atmosphere!

Big thanks for being here with us. You were so sweet hearted traveler and we really enjoyed great times with you. Hope to see you for the next chance and keep in touch. =)

Great, DJ and bis Team are Amazing,!Enjoyed the korean Food they prepared for us!They are very helpful,,, Nice and clean rooms!

We had a nice time in pencil, DJ is a really nice host, we are sorry we didn't get to eat his bibimbap!