Pencil 5 Seoul Hostel Reviews

295-39 Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea

The hostel is located in a quiet area but you'll find metro station, minimarket, bars and restaurants under 5min walk. The city centre is accessible by metro under 15-20min. A taxi ride will cost you around 10 000wons from the center to get back to the hostel. The staff is very helpful and you'll pretty much feel like home very easily. The rooms have concrete floor but you'll be provided slippers, the overall is clean and tidy.

• 6th Nov 2014

It was nice that our room had a kitchenette and a front loading washing machine. However, I noticed that it was still wet when I opened the door of the front loading washing machine. When a guest checks out, the staff needs to make sure the door of the washing machine is left open so it can air out and mold won't form. Also, the staff needs to clean out the detergent bin and drain the washer so that it doesn't overflow.

Замечательное место. Однозначно советую всем.

The best Moment in Pencil 5 and Dj very friendly…Recommended to All traveller...

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

The staff was absolutely incredible. DJ is a welcoming and caring person! And Danny, well, you'll know it when you meet him. Eric was amazing too. Great group atmosphere!

• 13th Oct 2014

Big thanks for being here with us. You were so sweet hearted traveler and we really enjoyed great times with you. Hope to see you for the next chance and keep in touch. =)

Great, DJ and bis Team are Amazing,!Enjoyed the korean Food they prepared for us!They are very helpful,,, Nice and clean rooms!

We had a nice time in pencil, DJ is a really nice host, we are sorry we didn't get to eat his bibimbap!

Really wonderful place to stay. Staff went out of their way to help me find restaurants in the area and make me feel comfortable. Highly recommended.

Big thanks with us. It was our pleasure to help you. ^_^ Take care and hope to see you for the next chance ~

Facilities are on par with what is expected at this price point, but what makes this hostel great is DJ, Ella, and the rest of the staff. They will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I enjoyed spending time in the common room, sharing food with staff and other travelers, playing foosball, and having a good laugh. The Wednesday hike to the top of Mt. Bukhansan with DJ and Bibambap lunch afterwards were both magnificent. If I get the chance I would definitely stay at Pencil 5 again.

It is always our big pleasure to share Korean food with anybody in this hostel. Bibimbab every Wednesdays expecially =). You made us happy, greatly thanks for your happy character. We will definitely greet you again for the next chance. Take care ~

The host DJ was very helpful and friendly. and he made "bibimbap" for us. A unforgettable experience in seoul. Thanks :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

Big thanks, it was my pleasure with you. Wednesday's bibimbab lunch goes for good =)

Excellent staff who were incredibly accommodating and kind. The hostel is not in the center of Seoul but its conveniently placed right by the subway to the heart of the city. The only thing that leaves something to be desired are the beds, which can be a little creaky, but not bad.

Thanks for being here with us Noah~ We already fastened the bunk beds. ^_^ Take care and hope to see you soon bro~!!!

We had a wonderful stay here. DJ was an incredibly kind host who cooked us eggs for breakfast! The hostel itself was very clean and had incredible value for money -- my 3 friends and I stayed in a 4-bunk room with our own bathroom and wifi for only 17,000 won per night (including breakfast). The location wasn't very close to central Seoul, but not so far away that it was a hassle to get around. I'd definitely stay here again!

Thank you for everything~ We will be missing you =)

This place is simply perfect. I have had the pleasure of being acquainted with the staff who are travellers themselves. The owner himself is such an extremely helpful and friendly person. No hassle of having to hold keys, cuz every lock (room, main door) is electronically controlled with pass codes. Location is good. Near the palace and travel sights. Also a quiet corner in yeonsinnae. I highly recommend this place!!! I'll def stay here again when i return to seoul.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

You guys are so sweet ~!! We won't forget the chance of having Korean rice wine together at the OKPOP in Hongdae =) Best wishes~~