Pencil 5 Seoul Hostel Reviews

295-39 Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Can't say enough good things about this hostel. It is located in convenient location to subway stop which can take you to many important parts of the city. Staff is amazing, there fun to just hang out and talk with at any point in the day. My only extremely minor note... it'd be nice to have a hook in the bathroom to hang your clothes/ towel up with while you shower

Thanks for the great experience. You guys were very warm and friendly. We were sad to leave, can't wait for our next visit to Seoul!

• 12th Jun 2015

I loved my stay at Pencil 5! I couldn't see myself staying anywhere else. I met nice people, the facilities were clean, complimentary bread, jam, coffee, tea and eggs all day, and the staff were very cool people (Ella, CJ, Seymin, etc.). Bibimbap Wednesday's were a good way to chat with the other travelers because I stayed in an ensuite room. And for my tastes it was quiet which allowed for comfortable sleep. I would totally recommend anyone to stay here!

The greatest n warmest hostel I ve ever stayed... felt like home, host n staff are just like old friends, taking very good care of travelers, often preparing Korean styled meals for our cultural experience, n happily organizing gatherings e.g. fried chicken n beer party, pigs belly on the grill party as well as karaoke event... I stayed there for 8 nights, n enjoyed my days very much. If I visit Seoul next time, I ll definitely go back to pencil 5~

I had fun a lot here. I will stay again next time!

• 22nd May 2015
  • South Korea

Hello ^_^ Sweetie ~ We all miss you already, so so so much. We had fun a lot with you absolutely. Okay next time if you visit here again, we will prepare something special for you. Wish you so much happiness for good. Cheers !!!

Stayed here a total of 4 nights in the 4 bed female dorm. Mostly had a good experience. DJ and his staff will make you feel welcome and include you in many social activities. Most basic facilities are here. However if you are only staying in Seoul for a few days, I would suggest staying closer to the downtown area (maybe Myeongdong or hongdae) as this is a bit more out of the way and the laneway to the guesthouse is quite dark and quiet if you're returning late.

Staying at this hostel was one of the best decisions I made this trip! This was my first time staying in a hostel and I've never felt more welcome in a place. DJ and his staff are all very genuine and friendly people, and I consider them new friends. Almost every day of my stay, a staff member would offer to cook lunch for the guests in the hostel. Whether you are an experienced traveler or a new one, Pencil 5 is a great choice!

• 21st May 2015

It was our first trip to Korea and Pencil 5 Hostel staff did everything to let us remember this trip. They even upgraded our rooms without any extra charge! This hostel is very nice, location is good, near Subway Line 3, 6, its like 5 min walk to the Subway Station Exit 3. So its very convenient to get everywhere. There are a lot of shops around such as Seven eleven, Lotte Supermarket, etc.. 5 min walk to the Food street. Thank you very much DJ and all the staff! You are amazing, very very kind!

Hello ~ Your family members were so warm hearted people. Everybody could feel it. We bet, you will be always happy because of your positive mind. Already miss you all. Best wishes !!

Thanks for a great stay! :-)

Thanks for stay with us ~ I love your British accent and beautiful smile. Wish your so much happiness and don't forget memories with us. Cheers :-)

I originally booked two nights, but ended up staying five weeks! Pencil 5 is a perfect hostel for travelers.

Pencil 5 is just a awesome place!!!! Nice staff that let you feel like home!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

So sad without you, we really want to let you cancel your flight. So kind and beautiful minded guest. Wish your eternal good luck and happiness. Cheers !!

not located in your average location but DJ makes up for that. He remembered me after 3 years for the short time I knew him at Pencil Hostel in Seoul. He's super friendly, an amazing guy, and so just open-hearted to everyone.

You inspire me as always. Super nice guy, you will be always happy we bet. Cheers !!

We are a couple and we stay on Pencil 5 last weekend and we can tell that his is by far the best hostel that we ever booked, the staff is super friendly DJ and CJ are the best host that you can get, they went beyond their ways to help us and made us feel very welcome. DJ even prepare breakfast and coffee for us, the rooms were super clean and there is a metro station like 3 minutes walking from the hostel so you can move easily, if you are going to Seoul this is your best option to stay.

You got a beautiful smile, and the best couple i've ever seen. Next time i'd like to prepare a stunning dish not for breakfast. Wish you so much happiness and Cheers !!!

Location is good because it is not the typical tourist area and near the market for the traditional Korean food. Security is commendable and my first time to see that kind of technology. Staff was accommodating eventhough I have not met DJ whom I asked a lot of question using social media. We stayed during during Korean White Day (March 14) and we were given candies and cookies on our bed. That was thoughful!!

Thanks for leaving this good review, i haven't seen you in person though, i can feel your kind and war heart. This time you were busy, but next time i will treat yummy dishes. Thank you :)

Pencil 5 is quaint and stylish, warm and inviting. DJ is an excellent host and staff was very friendly and helpful, too. I loved the accommodations and the lunch. Most of days(except the day when I went to DMZ) I had lunch at the hostel with the staffs and other guests. It was wonderful!!! Getting togher with other guests, free bibimbap every once a week and so on.. everything satisfied me a lot. I will recommend Pencil 5 hostel to everyone who wanna visit Korea and I will be back here, too!

You make me cry ㅜㅜ Thanks a lot.

They greeted me with their open arms. pencil 5 members love to share delicious Korean food for almost every lunch. Thank you for everything. Excellent hostel ever !! = ]

• 9th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you so much. It was our big pleasure with you.

Everything and everybody is super nice.good location and really nice staff, DJ,CJ,AZIZ. very thanks.

• 7th Feb 2015

You were the super nice guest to us. Hope to see you for the next chance. Until then we wish your good luck and much of happiness. Cheers :)

It was like a home to me. Never expected this kind of warm welcome :) Thank u all for awesome free lunch , DJ u were a real chef ! Any guests plan to visit Pencil5, dont miss the nice free lunch with others~ Thank you DJ Aziz and Ella

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Sharing food, It inspires me. Great pleasure with you at our hostel. Hope you so much happiness and good luck for good. Big thanks.