Pencil 5 Seoul Hostel Reviews

295-39 Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Pencil 5 is just a awesome place!!!! Nice staff that let you feel like home!

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

We are a couple and we stay on Pencil 5 last weekend and we can tell that his is by far the best hostel that we ever booked, the staff is super friendly DJ and CJ are the best host that you can get, they went beyond their ways to help us and made us feel very welcome. DJ even prepare breakfast and coffee for us, the rooms were super clean and there is a metro station like 3 minutes walking from the hostel so you can move easily, if you are going to Seoul this is your best option to stay.

You got a beautiful smile, and the best couple i've ever seen. Next time i'd like to prepare a stunning dish not for breakfast. Wish you so much happiness and Cheers !!!

Location is good because it is not the typical tourist area and near the market for the traditional Korean food. Security is commendable and my first time to see that kind of technology. Staff was accommodating eventhough I have not met DJ whom I asked a lot of question using social media. We stayed during during Korean White Day (March 14) and we were given candies and cookies on our bed. That was thoughful!!

Thanks for leaving this good review, i haven't seen you in person though, i can feel your kind and war heart. This time you were busy, but next time i will treat yummy dishes. Thank you :)

Pencil 5 is quaint and stylish, warm and inviting. DJ is an excellent host and staff was very friendly and helpful, too. I loved the accommodations and the lunch. Most of days(except the day when I went to DMZ) I had lunch at the hostel with the staffs and other guests. It was wonderful!!! Getting togher with other guests, free bibimbap every once a week and so on.. everything satisfied me a lot. I will recommend Pencil 5 hostel to everyone who wanna visit Korea and I will be back here, too!

You make me cry ㅜㅜ Thanks a lot.

They greeted me with their open arms. pencil 5 members love to share delicious Korean food for almost every lunch. Thank you for everything. Excellent hostel ever !! = ]

• 9th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you so much. It was our big pleasure with you.

Everything and everybody is super nice.good location and really nice staff, DJ,CJ,AZIZ. very thanks.

• 7th Feb 2015

You were the super nice guest to us. Hope to see you for the next chance. Until then we wish your good luck and much of happiness. Cheers :)

It was like a home to me. Never expected this kind of warm welcome :) Thank u all for awesome free lunch , DJ u were a real chef ! Any guests plan to visit Pencil5, dont miss the nice free lunch with others~ Thank you DJ Aziz and Ella

• 3rd Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

Sharing food, It inspires me. Great pleasure with you at our hostel. Hope you so much happiness and good luck for good. Big thanks.

Had a really nice time. Super friendly staff and guests. Felt right at home.

• 11th Dec 2014

It was great time with you at my hostel. You were a super sweet friend and know how to get along with people well. Big thanks for everything. I will never forget. =)

DJ and his staff are very dedicated to guests, the facility is in prime conditions and atmosphere and vibe is excellent, you feel welcome, you feel like in home, there are different activities at the hostel, so I will strongly recommend the hostel to anybody

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi it's me DJ, Thank you and it was my big pleasure to be with you. Hope to see you again soon. Wish you so much luck ^_^

Just awesome hostel ever i stayed. I am just a budget backpacker though, they treated me as a family members like sharing Korean food and taking care of me so friendly. Even when i was in the room, the staff knocked the door and asked me for having lunch together~ feel like home with warm heart. 1 more tip for the other guests in future, don't miss bibimbab (Korean traditional food) lunch on Wednesday. It is really yummy to anybody, i bet. Classic game machine reminds me of,, when i was young ^^

• 20th Nov 2014
  • South Korea

Haha, it was my big pleasure to be with you. Next time i will make more delicious Korean food for you. Take care until then. ^_^

The hostel is located in a quiet area but you'll find metro station, minimarket, bars and restaurants under 5min walk. The city centre is accessible by metro under 15-20min. A taxi ride will cost you around 10 000wons from the center to get back to the hostel. The staff is very helpful and you'll pretty much feel like home very easily. The rooms have concrete floor but you'll be provided slippers, the overall is clean and tidy.

• 6th Nov 2014

You were so kind guest, we will miss you~ You left you jacket, we sent it. Hope it will find you soon. Thank you for being my guest. ^_^