Pencil 5 Seoul Hostel Reviews

295-39 Bulgwang-dong, Eunpyeong-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Really wonderful place to stay. Staff went out of their way to help me find restaurants in the area and make me feel comfortable. Highly recommended.

Facilities are on par with what is expected at this price point, but what makes this hostel great is DJ, Ella, and the rest of the staff. They will go out of their way to make you feel welcome. I enjoyed spending time in the common room, sharing food with staff and other travelers, playing foosball, and having a good laugh. The Wednesday hike to the top of Mt. Bukhansan with DJ and Bibambap lunch afterwards were both magnificent. If I get the chance I would definitely stay at Pencil 5 again.

The host DJ was very helpful and friendly. and he made "bibimbap" for us. A unforgettable experience in seoul. Thanks :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

Big thanks, it was my pleasure with you. Wednesday's bibimbab lunch goes for good =)

Excellent staff who were incredibly accommodating and kind. The hostel is not in the center of Seoul but its conveniently placed right by the subway to the heart of the city. The only thing that leaves something to be desired are the beds, which can be a little creaky, but not bad.

Thanks for being here with us Noah~ We already fastened the bunk beds. ^_^ Take care and hope to see you soon bro~!!!

We had a wonderful stay here. DJ was an incredibly kind host who cooked us eggs for breakfast! The hostel itself was very clean and had incredible value for money -- my 3 friends and I stayed in a 4-bunk room with our own bathroom and wifi for only 17,000 won per night (including breakfast). The location wasn't very close to central Seoul, but not so far away that it was a hassle to get around. I'd definitely stay here again!

Thank you for everything~ We will be missing you =)

This place is simply perfect. I have had the pleasure of being acquainted with the staff who are travellers themselves. The owner himself is such an extremely helpful and friendly person. No hassle of having to hold keys, cuz every lock (room, main door) is electronically controlled with pass codes. Location is good. Near the palace and travel sights. Also a quiet corner in yeonsinnae. I highly recommend this place!!! I'll def stay here again when i return to seoul.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Singapore

You guys are so sweet ~!! We won't forget the chance of having Korean rice wine together at the OKPOP in Hongdae =) Best wishes~~

Neat and cosy place with the ever helpful DJ around! Easy to reach from the subway line and also just a few stops on the same line from the major sights.

Enjoy your trip and big thanks to be here with us. Hope to see you again soon=)

Great place with helpful staff and a convenient location near to a traditional market, subway and food streets.

I enny people like you ^_^ Great friendship goes forever ~~ Thank you ~

Actually I enjoy my stay here even only a day. The staff are helpful and nice. The place is also very nice. Will definetely stay here again next time.

Clean, close to 2 subway lines and the traditional market, great for meeting other travelers. But what makes Pencil 5 is the friendly staff. DJ and Ella are super nice. Go hiking and to the club with them!

located near subway

• 12th Apr 2014

Clean, Good location, Super kind staff, Cheap rate,,, Overall satisfied. They provide free Korean food Bibimbab every Wednesday, don't miss this chance. Thank you for everything having me, i made an awesome memories at Pencil 5 hostel.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • South Korea

room is clean

• 8th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Great experience and value for money coz lucky that we grabbed the special offer. Staffs Pencil5 Seoul Jenny, Ella and DJ were really friendly

• 7th Apr 2014