Peniche Surf Lodge Reviews

Rua Casal de Viola 6, Papoa, Peniche, Portugal

Amazing! Can't wait to go back!

• 27th Jul 2015

Lovely hostel more like sharing a large house. Very clean and modern. The owners were very nice people. Very helpful.

• 26th Jul 2015

What a result! Considering we picked this place last minute when we were in Lisbon. It had a great write-up so we booked it. I'm so glad we did. Duncan and Claire are the most accomodating people I've ever met. They picked us up from the station, gave us a lift to the beach every day and Claire even drove us to Lisbon airport to catch our flights home! The surf lodge is chilled and cozy, the facilities are fantastic and the location is great. Duncan's a great surf teacher as well. Legend!

• 19th Jul 2015

Thank you Claire & Duncan for an awesome stay, we made tons of new friends and felt like the kings of surfing with Duncan the best instructor ever! I'll definitely come back :)

It was a pleasure to stay at the Surf Lodge. Claire and Duncan made everything possible. The hostel was very clean, it has a good location, really quiet, so we had a couple of good nights! The hostel is like a family, everybody is hanging out with each other and having a good laugh. If I'm around I will definitely stop by again!

• 3rd Jul 2015

This lodge is amazing. Definitely a nice break from hostels. Felt like a family living in a house, was sad to leave! Recommend this place for sure!

Claire and Duncan are the friendliest and nicest people all across Peniche. We stayed just for two nights but it was awesome. Duncan even gave us a private surfing lesson, possibility to rent boards and wetsuits for the day. Facilities great and bathrooms get cleaned every day! Overall very good hostel, without hesitation would book again :-)

A fantastic place to stay. Highly recommend to anyone looking to surf in Portugal, or wanting a relaxed place away from the major cities. The opportunities to surf are tailored to your abilities - the learner lessons are taught in small groups with plenty of attention, or you can head over to Supertubos with the owner and/or his son (who is a sponsored surfer). Or just park yourself on the beach. The lodge has a great, relaxed atmosphere (it is not a hostel), and is close to all amenities.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Great place to stay n surf

Could not recommend the lodge enough. You will undoubtedly be well looked after! Claire and Duncan are two of the most genuine people you'll meet, with a huge passion for the beach and the surf. Duncan drove us to the beach everyday where we'd set up camp and surf most of the time. They have a huge range of boards and wetties to hire, also there a a couple of bikes if you feel like going for a cruise. It was always super clean and theres two big supermarkets near by open until late. Good vibes!

Amazing experience and great hostel. A great place to catch some waves and chill out. Claire was awesome and very helpful. They will take you from the hostel to the beach with the best waves for free! Everything is super clean and the kitchen and common area are great. If you have a chance stay here!

I have never felt so comfortable in a hostel! Claire was an absolute pleasure! Very accommodating and I was sad to leave. I would return in a heartbeat if I had the opportunity. I highly recommend anyone travelling through Peniche stay at this beautiful getaway! I cannot say enough amazing things about this "hostel". Thanks for the great experience Claire!