Pension Adler Reviews

Wildschönauer straß 192, 6314 Niederau, Innsbruck, Austria

Bad things: the name is not Pension Adler, but Apsley Ski Lodge; it is not in Innsbruck, but 7 km away from Wörgl in mountains; they didn't answer phone as I tried 2x to reach them to ask about directions; 3 nights out of 5 there was loud music and I couln't sleep. Good things: if you like mountains and nature it is perfect location for many outdoor activities; staff is nice and friendly, and chef is really a germ -- he did his best to make me and other guest happy and to enjoy good meals.

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

Niederau is a beautiful village, I loved my stay at the Adler. The staff were so friendly and accommodating and to top it, we had delicious food! I thoroughly recommend anyone of any age to stay here - we will return!!

Fantastic place to stay. Staff are amazing, food great and super homely feel. Sooooo cheap too. Well worth the short journey from Innsbruck, that Jim has provided simple instruction how to do. Will be back! Thank you.

• 24th Jul 2014

The worst Wi-fi ever. Speed is not the problem. It disconnected again and again even next to the office. Toilet with no lock, even it's in the Mixed room. Toilet has onlz a curtain, no door. Worst security ever. The staff advices just get your key if there's no person in the office. You can get anz other room's key because there's no person in the office. BUT all people in this town included staffs of here are verz nice and kind. In addition, foods and drinks are realy nice.

We are sorry that you felt aggrieved about the state of our Wi-Fi and security. Unfortunately due to the village's remote location at altitude the band width available to us does struggle in comparison to cities. However the are many other reasons for visiting the Valley besides the Wi-Fi and hopefully you took advantage of this. We do take guests security seriously, without being draconian and trust all guests to respect this ethos in accordance with our hospitality and other travellers privacy

They are located 52k from Innsbruck which is where they advertise themselves to be. They are in Nederau, though delightful, does not have the marketing weight that the famous Innsbruck does. So I took the train to Innsbruck (well past my stop). A local clerk called the pension to get directions and they were very rude to him. I was another 90' by train and expensive taxi. Taxi couldn't find it as well because its sign says "Apsley" on one wall and "Marghite" on another.

We are very sorry that you had problems. We do try to make it very clear as to where we are on the website and if one reads the directions carefully then they shouldn't have trouble finding us. For people visiting Innsbruck specifically we would agree this is probably not the best place for them however if its is mountains, hiking, beautiful scenery or just a relaxed city break you are after then we would like to think we have something very special to offer. Best of luck on travels from here.

Great place to stay, although it is called the Apsley Ski Lodge and the map on hostel world is misleading. The staff were awesome and outgoing. It was a bummer that you cant use the kitchen because they make meals, but for the microwave they were accommodating, the food is amazing though. Great location for the Wildschonau region but not for Innsbruck if that's where you are looking to go. Great facilities and clean nice comfortable beds, Overall it was a great stay.

It was a great place to stay. The staff was friendly and the dinners were wonderful. The only bummer was the internet kept going in an out, but other than that it was a great place. Also, when you book a room you get a free lift ticket and access to the pool. It is totally worth it. Great deal for a great place and it is in the midst of a cute little town.

• 11th Jun 2014

This is honestly one of the best hostels I have stayed at! Well worth the visit. The mountains were incredible and everyone at the Adler was really friendly and welcoming which made it a really fun place to hang out and stay. I read the directions carefully so had no trouble getting there and was made to feel like I was totally at home the moment I walked through the door. We got to use the cable car and swimming pool for free which was neat and this made for some great hiking. Massive thanks