Pension Aia Reviews

C/ Zabaleta, 40, San Sebastian, Basque Country, Spain

Very clean and secure.... We're greeted by friendly staff member who was more than happy to show us some great spots for eating, drinking and sight seeing and speaks very good English. Located 100m from surf beach.

During the 2 months I was in Europe Pension Aia was the best accommodation I stayed in. Paolo and his wife were so welcoming and helpful with suggesting things to do on our arrival and during the whole stay. The rooms were of great size and the bathrooms were lovely and clean. The kitchen has many appliances available as well as provided breakfast items such as cereal and tea and coffee. Was definitely a great experience in San Sebastián!

Fantastic place for couples. The room was really nice and the hostel was in a great location. The very friendly staff were not on site but came every day and offered very helpful advice. My only problem was that the kitchen was just a microwave. it was no problem but it should be called a kitchenette rather than a kitchen. But otherwise I highly recommend staying here!

If you go to San Sebastián and don't stay at this hostel, you're making a mistake and missing out on greatness!!

• 31st Jan 2014

We had a great stay here. Paolo the owner was so helpful. Had great tips for restaurants- all of which were superb! We had to catch our bus at 6pm and he kindly let us have a late check out. Can't wait to go back!

My stay in the hostel was great! It was just amazing! We had clean and cosy rooms, excellent service and very attentive people around. I will recommend the hostel to my friends for sure :)

it's a great place to stay!

I enjoyed my stay at Pension Aia very much. Unfortunately, it was raining, so I didn't get to enjoy the wonderful patio just outside my room. The location is excellent, 2 minutes from the beach, close to restaurants and cafes, and an easy walk to the old town. It is very clean and quiet. The owner is wonderful and took the time to chat with me about why he likes San Sebastian so much. Thank you!

It was great, I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I would recommend it more to couples as well as the double bedrooms are nice.

We had a brilliant time staying at Pension Aia. Really beautiful accomodation and Paulo is an excellent and lovely host! Very helpful and provided us with excellent recommendations that made our time in San Sebastian an absolute pleasure. Cheers Paulo!

• 2nd Nov 2013

Fantastic hostel the owner is very helpful and friendly. Location is great. Hostel very clean. This is not a party hostel, this is more for a couple or if you want take it easy. Would definitely stay here again.

Paulo is a really cool guy and makes u feel at home !

• 22nd Oct 2013