Pension Aia Reviews

C/ Zabaleta, 40, San Sebastian, Spain

Best place we stayed our entire trip, Paulo is wonderful and very accommodating. Paulo has great recommendations in the area and we especially loved our large patio. I would highly recommend Pension Aia to anyone visiting San Sebastian!

• 12th Jul 2014

Great location and wonderful staff - Paulo is one of the most helpful hostel hosts that I've met. Everything was clean and in working order. It's a great place to spend some time in this beautiful city. If you arrive with no clear plan, don't worry, Paulo has a lot of great recommendations and is happy to share favourite restaurants. Great spot!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Excellent location. Room #3 is a dump. Too hot in the room, small window opens up to alley with sounds that wake you up all night.

• 17th Jun 2014

Everything was excellent. Lovely location, not far from some great little pintxos bars (Paulo will show you on the map!), the surfing beach (which I prefered to the main beach), and some nice restaurants. The rooms, kitchen and bathrooms were perfect and very clean. Prices are very reasonable and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - in fact I would pay double the price. Nicer than any hotel! Thank you Paulo! We meant to leave a note for you but couldn't find a pen. All the best!

• 13th Jun 2014

Generally, we can't complain about nothing and were very content with the pension. But maybe it would be recommendable to make the rules in the kitchen clearer for everybody: We understood it that way that everybody does their own dishes and leaves the kitchen as clean as he has found it before. Unfortunately, several guests understood it differently and sometimes the sink was a little bit ugly. And we got to know that we were not the only guests who disliked that...

• 11th Jun 2014

Paulo was an amazing host, with lots of good advice for things to do and where to eat in the city (and did not just send us to the typical touristy places). Room was great and the communal facilities were all well kept. Very close to old town, good bars and beaches.

If you looking for a low cost place with the best staff in San Sebastian - look no further. The owners are really really great and helpful to give you advice were to go and what to do and try. Small quiet place in the hart of the city, close to everything.

After four months of traveling, this place was my favorite! I could not be happier with the facilities. It was clean, quiet at night (good for tired travelers), in a fantastic location, and the owner was very welcoming. I appreciated the cereal in the morning. Highly recommended.

Not only was the pension very nice and clean, but Paulo was an amazing host, extremely helpful!

As backpackers we loved our stay here! It wa affordable and close to the fun shops and pubs! Great food surrounds the area and the guy who runs this place is a rockstar! Fluent English and ready for any questions or concerns you may have. We loved our little room and the kitchen! Would definitely recommend this place to anyone!

Paolo was very helpful and gave us some local knowledge of best places to eat. Really enjoyed ourselves and would recommend it to friends

Very clean and secure.... We're greeted by friendly staff member who was more than happy to show us some great spots for eating, drinking and sight seeing and speaks very good English. Located 100m from surf beach.

During the 2 months I was in Europe Pension Aia was the best accommodation I stayed in. Paolo and his wife were so welcoming and helpful with suggesting things to do on our arrival and during the whole stay. The rooms were of great size and the bathrooms were lovely and clean. The kitchen has many appliances available as well as provided breakfast items such as cereal and tea and coffee. Was definitely a great experience in San Sebastián!

Fantastic place for couples. The room was really nice and the hostel was in a great location. The very friendly staff were not on site but came every day and offered very helpful advice. My only problem was that the kitchen was just a microwave. it was no problem but it should be called a kitchenette rather than a kitchen. But otherwise I highly recommend staying here!

If you go to San Sebastián and don't stay at this hostel, you're making a mistake and missing out on greatness!!

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts