8.7
Fabulous 1,260 Total Reviews
8.7
Fabulous 1,260 Total Reviews
Pension Amalur Located at San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian.
Pension Amalur
Pension Amalur
    Rooms available

• Switzerland, Female, 18-24
16th Apr 2016

I enjoyed my stay in the pension a lot. It is located in the center and all important facilities are nearby. Especially Miguel, the owner of the pension, was so nice! He explained the city to me when I arrived and helped me with all the questions that I had. The rooms are nice and clean. I can definitely recommend everyone to stay at that place!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
25th Mar 2016

Staying at Miguel's hostel has seriously been a highlight of my 6 months travelling in Europe! The location is perfect, it is exceedingly clean; bathrooms are spotless, made bed and fresh towel provided everyday. The best part was Miguel who is such a warm and genuine host! We want to thank him so much for his kindness to us and for sharing a lovely bottle of red wine and biscuits! 10/10 experience!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
25th Mar 2016

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Pension Amalur. Miguel was such a cheery, generous man - always willing to help. I hope our selfie with Miguel makes it onto the wall by the time you visit.

• England, Male, 18-24
23rd Mar 2016

Pension Amalur was great! The location was perfect and the owner was very friendly and extremely helpful in giving tips and advice about what to do and where to go in San Sebastian. The room was clean, spacious, and had lockers to keep valuable goods safe. I would recommend it for almost all visitors, except if people are travelling alone and want to find people to go out in the night with, as it was quite quiet when we went.

19th Feb 2016

It was a nice hostel and the owner was wonderful. Unfortunately our hostel mates weren't, so gender divided dormitories would be a great addition.

19th Nov 2015
8.0

My first impression of the place was aweful. Google maps brought me to another hostel, Pension Amaiur, on the other side of town. Made a long day a lot longer. Then no one was there when I arrived. The proprietor did not answer his phone for quite some time as I waited outside. Then when he arrived he was very mad at me because he thought I was supposed to me there 3 hrs earlier. One problem, no one informed me of this. No email from them clarifying or verifying. Ruined my first improssion

Hello Nathan: Your estimated time of arrival to the pension was 16 and I waited for you till 19 time comes wings 19 hours and 15 minutes tube to leave before cerran a pharmacy. Llamastes neck by Phone. The next day you stop being on the board and you ati luggage until evening. The rest is your problem if you know not andarn for a small town like San Sebastian

13th Nov 2015
8.0

Gorgeous little hostel! Great location - you can walk to anywhere from here! Beach is across the road and the restaurants are a 10 minute walk. There isn't a kitchen but who wants to cook in Sansebastián? The owner doesn't speak English but you can get by just fine by using a lot of hand gestures! Super clean!!! Nice hot showers!

12th Nov 2015
7.4

It takes three keys to get in at night so definitely very secure. Great location by the beach. The owner was very friendly but does not speak English so it would help to know Spanish if you stay here. Very clean. No atmosphere, did not meet anyone at this hostel except one grumpy roommate. No kitchen which is really a bummer for me since I like to save money and cook meals. Overall not bad and wouldn't mind staying again but I have seen better hostels in this city.

• Australia, Male, 41+
12th Nov 2015

lovely place with warm atmosphere, great security, very very clean. beware, there is no kitchen and only tea, no coffee. so if those are important to you... on the plus side, there is a cafe/restaurant below hostel recommended!