Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Miguel is a really great host! Make sure to let him know when you'll be arriving since he may be out. The hostel was very clean, lockers and towels were provided, and the location was great. I had a fun time chatting with Miguel (his English is limited but his Spanish is very easy to understand), and he can easily introduce you to the city and offer suggestions. The hostel is a bit more chill and quieter, but I was still able to meet a decent number of people.

Miguel, the owner, was very kind and he helped us in everything we needed.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Spain

The owner was lovely and so helpful. Was in a great location one street away from the beach and the shops a 5 minute walk.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Very clean and comfortable! It was great to come back to clean sheets and a new towel every day! The location is amazing- just a few minutes from the main beach. Miguel is the sweetest- made me feel right at home and gave me good tips for traveling around to other cities. The hostel is perfect if you don't want anything too crazy-definitely not a party hostel, but still very social. I was traveling alone, but made friends there to hang out with very easily!

Miguel was awesome! Makes you feel right at home which is the best when you are thousands of miles away from yours. The beach is the street over and this hostel is walking distance to everything you need. I'm so sad to leave such a beautiful place and home-like hostel.

Very central place and quite cozy. Owner lives directly there, what makes the place very clean. Atmosphere is like living in someone's house, which is sometimes not too uncomplicated: for example, you're being told to switch off lights and computer hundreds of times, but for a few days it's ok though ;-)

A great place for meeting fellow travellers! a very warm environment.

LOVED my stay here. Miguel is the best (however, he doesn't speak English so while I didn't have a problem, just be aware before you arrive). My room was comfortable and while it was chilly, every person got a comforter and an extra heavy blanket so I hardly felt it. If I ever return to San Sebastian I'd definitely stay here again!

We had the best experience here! Amazing staff and amazing location!! Everyday we came back and the room was clean with fresh towels. Was like staying at a hotel. Really great place would highly recommend it!!

Great little hostel, Manuel was very sincere and helpful in sharing knowledge about San Sebastian

This is a great little hostel! We were apprehensive at first, as there were renovations and we thought we'd accidentally knocked on someone's front door! But the owner it lovely, and went out of his way to help us, and ensure we enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend!

Great location! Close to the beach and train station. Miguel is a nice man who makes your stay simple and pleasant. The facilities are very adequate. Bathrooms are tight. There are no breakfasts or included meals though, which was disappointing. No laundry machines either. The fellow travelers were cool. One word of caution, don't stay in the hostel past 11pm drinking wine with the others, bc you will get shooshed!

The location of this hostel was amazing! It's just a block or so from the beach, 12-15 minutes from the bus station and around 10 minutes from the train station. Miguel was so helpful. I was only in town for one night, and he gave me recommendations to ensure that I got a full experience during my stay.

The owner Miguel is very warm and friendly, he will help you with anything, the hostel is ideally based minutes from all the key areas, the beds are very comfortable, and you have clean bedding and towels every day. The communal area is like a l oungewith Tv and computer internet, there is tea, coffee available at all times, secure lockers in every room, I cannot recommend this place enough, I am even going back there for my last night as I enjoyed it so much.

• 16th May 2015

It was an absolute pleasure to stay here. The owner didn't speak much English but wasn't a problem at all. The bed was made and had a fresh towel everyday, which was a really nice touch. Would stay here again!

WOW! This hostel could not have been better. It was safe (locks on all doors), location (5min from La Concha and 10-15 to Old Town), *clean* (my bed was made every day) . The host Miguel was such a sweet, kind man; I felt like I was staying with my uncle or something. The other guests were also pleasant and laid back, not the "Lets party hard every night" crowd which can get annoying. Hot water in the showers, wifi worked great, comfortable shared space. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Very well located. We stayed in a 4 person dorm and had our own bathroom which was fantastic. Comfy beds, plenty of space. We were very happy with our stay there and Miguel was very helpful.

• 15th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great Hostel, Staff fantastic, Location. awesome. !!!!!!!!!!!

• 14th May 2015

Very lovely hostel, quiet and calm with a perfect location. The only hostel I've stayed in that made up my bed with fresh sheets every day and had a clean towel waiting at no extra charge. It feels like staying in a beautiful old home, right by the beach.

The Hostel is located in the center of San Sebastian within 5-10 Min walk from all restaurants, bars and free time activities. It has a great atmosphere, is really clean and the best thing is the really freindly and very helpful owner. Don´t miss a visit at the taverna "Iritzi" which is just downstairs. The funny and awesome staff will prepare you a good economic meal at any time of the day! Sure you´ll have a great stay!

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts