Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

This place is excellent. Well located,close to town centre,, we'll run by the friendly efficient Miguel. Comes highly recommended.

It's a cosy place and the owner is a perfect tourist guide; he's a local and he knows everything about San Sebastian (what to visit, what's on in the city at that moment, restaurants nearby, even historical background comments). There was a little problem with hot water, but he refunded us. The weather was great and beaches are beautiful; so I'll probably come back.

The manager was genuinely one of the nicest I came across. He doesn't speak much English but really did his best to help in whichever way he could. The place is tiny- 0 atmosphere , no kitchen and no real common area The place is cleaned daily. But I'm covered from head to toe and it definitely started here 2 blocks from the beach so awesome location

Only a minute from the beach! Miguel is very nice and welcoming. Housekeeping came daily, and although the kitchen was small, it was functional and clean. Very nice private rooms.

The old guy doesn't speak much English but more than willing to show u everything on map. Clean towels every day. Only issue is walls are paper thin n u can hear everything.

Best hostel I could have asked for, and I wish I hadn't had to switch to another hostel mid-visit (due to my own scheduling issues).

• 27th Aug 2014

The best of this pension is definetely its great location. It´s 3 min and 5 min by walking from the beach and the center/old town respectively. Miguel is a very kind person that is always up for helping so do not hesitate on asking him whatever you want/need.. My only negative comment is about the noise. In the morning the bell rings very often and you can hear the people coming in and out all time and that can be quite disturbing. But that depends pretty much on how noisy the people around are.

Amazing. Book it. The gentlemen that runs it is amazing, he is like your Gandpa. They have everything that you need including beach towels. I can not say enough good things about this place. They are very patient with English speaking people as well, which is a plus.

Great hostel in almost all ways. Only downsides were that there wasn't really a kitchen (microwave only; although with such fantastic food everywhere, who wants to cook!) and only 2 bathrooms for the dorm (always clean and not much of wait). Otherwise, a great place all round.

Miguel is an absolute angel! He gives you the rundown (and more!) of the city right when you check in. He also lets you sleep in on check out day, especially if you're crazy hungover. Everything is super clean, and although there's no kitchen, there's a fridge, a microwave, and coffee/tea making station. But who needs a kitchen when there's the most delicious pinchos around! Also, practically any location in San Sebastián is great, since everything is walking distance.

The owner, Miguel, is maybe the most friendly person I met in Spain. Very homey atmosphere.

The location was perfect, walking distance from the beach and the place was nice and really cozy. The staff was super friendly and helpful. One of the best services I've gotten. Really made you feel like you were at home.

Nice, clean, quiet and safe. Pretty bare bones, though. The pension owner speaks no English, but was able to communicate very effectively. He was very charming!

This hostel is made great by the owner. Fantastic character. He speaks very little English and we spoke very little Spanish, but it works. He showed us a map and pointed out everything we should do. We stayed in the private double which was lovely. Only minor Thing is that you can hear everything in the hostel. The walls are very thin.

Location was really close to the beach however was a 10-15 minute walk to Old Town which was a little bit out of the food action. Facilities were pretty good, 2 showers for the whole floor though so sometimes you had to wait to get in. No wifi in the rooms either. Host couldn't speak any English at all which made communication a little difficult but we had a pleasant stay. Rooms were very clean & got a clean towel everyday. Felt very safe and secure.

Great service. Miguel was completely helpful and very kind. The bedrooms are very confortable and safe. Though I would've rather a hotel closer to the old city. Still greaaat hostel!!!!!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

We paid for a six bed dormitory, after the first night a seventh bed was added to the already very cramped room. We were not told about this extra bed nor given a discount for the nights the extra person was crammed into the room with us. It was not acceptable. Two bathrooms is not enough for a hostel that accommodates the number of people that it does. Having no oven or sink and only a tiny fridge is annoying. The owner was at times very rude.

Miguel was great! Very friendly and gave excellent advice. He was always there if I needed something and was always looking out for me since I was a solo traveler. The location is very nice and close to the main beach La Concha (just a Few blocks away. And abt an 8-10 min walk to the center of the old city. miguel gave me keys for the front door, the hostel, my room and my locker which was really convenient. I loved my time in SS and the hostel was a great start to my 2 Week vacation.

• 7th Jul 2014

Amazing location. Beautiful town. For sure stay here. I even forgot my hat and Miguel sent it to my next stop for me! You should definitely stay here. Well worth the money.

Great place. Miguel was friendly and helpful. Even though there was a language barrier he made sure to convey all the sites to see in the city. Hostel was easy to find from the bus station and was just a block from the beach and near enough to lots of good bars.

• 3rd Jul 2014