Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Amazing. Book it. The gentlemen that runs it is amazing, he is like your Gandpa. They have everything that you need including beach towels. I can not say enough good things about this place. They are very patient with English speaking people as well, which is a plus.

Great hostel in almost all ways. Only downsides were that there wasn't really a kitchen (microwave only; although with such fantastic food everywhere, who wants to cook!) and only 2 bathrooms for the dorm (always clean and not much of wait). Otherwise, a great place all round.

Miguel is an absolute angel! He gives you the rundown (and more!) of the city right when you check in. He also lets you sleep in on check out day, especially if you're crazy hungover. Everything is super clean, and although there's no kitchen, there's a fridge, a microwave, and coffee/tea making station. But who needs a kitchen when there's the most delicious pinchos around! Also, practically any location in San Sebastián is great, since everything is walking distance.

The owner, Miguel, is maybe the most friendly person I met in Spain. Very homey atmosphere.

The location was perfect, walking distance from the beach and the place was nice and really cozy. The staff was super friendly and helpful. One of the best services I've gotten. Really made you feel like you were at home.

Nice, clean, quiet and safe. Pretty bare bones, though. The pension owner speaks no English, but was able to communicate very effectively. He was very charming!

This hostel is made great by the owner. Fantastic character. He speaks very little English and we spoke very little Spanish, but it works. He showed us a map and pointed out everything we should do. We stayed in the private double which was lovely. Only minor Thing is that you can hear everything in the hostel. The walls are very thin.

Great service. Miguel was completely helpful and very kind. The bedrooms are very confortable and safe. Though I would've rather a hotel closer to the old city. Still greaaat hostel!!!!!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

We paid for a six bed dormitory, after the first night a seventh bed was added to the already very cramped room. We were not told about this extra bed nor given a discount for the nights the extra person was crammed into the room with us. It was not acceptable. Two bathrooms is not enough for a hostel that accommodates the number of people that it does. Having no oven or sink and only a tiny fridge is annoying. The owner was at times very rude.

Miguel was great! Very friendly and gave excellent advice. He was always there if I needed something and was always looking out for me since I was a solo traveler. The location is very nice and close to the main beach La Concha (just a Few blocks away. And abt an 8-10 min walk to the center of the old city. miguel gave me keys for the front door, the hostel, my room and my locker which was really convenient. I loved my time in SS and the hostel was a great start to my 2 Week vacation.

• 7th Jul 2014

Amazing location. Beautiful town. For sure stay here. I even forgot my hat and Miguel sent it to my next stop for me! You should definitely stay here. Well worth the money.

Great place. Miguel was friendly and helpful. Even though there was a language barrier he made sure to convey all the sites to see in the city. Hostel was easy to find from the bus station and was just a block from the beach and near enough to lots of good bars.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great spot, only a few minutes away from the main beach. Miguel is great!

The owner was very friendly and welcoming. Wifi worked well, and the beds were comfy with a good socialising area. A couple of streets across from the beach and a short walk to the historic centre. Would recommend this hostel!

Pension Amalur wasn't fantastic but it did the trick. The beds and rooms were quite comfortable and the owner, Miguel, was a hoot. The location was the best part. Unfortunately, there was no breakfast.

Miguel was a great help and the location was perfect for our stay in San Sebastian.

Thank you Miguel Angel for your kindness. Your hostel is a real top one.

• 17th Jun 2014

Miguel and Pension Amalur were both amazing! He is a lovely man and was helpful in directing us our first night. We had a lot of fun too - people at the hostel were very warm and open to spending time with new people. The hostel is in a great location roughly a 15 minute walk from the main bar district, and 2 minutes from the beach. My friends and I loved this place!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Miguel is probably the best host I've ever had on my trip, no, any vacation I've had. He knows very little English, but in five minutes he managed to tell me everything I needed to know about San Sebastian. Very helpful. The location is fantastic and you're in walking distance of everything. You can really do almost everything, save for hiking up the mountains, and you're within a few minutes walk to the hostel.

Very special and unique place! It's not a typical hostel but rather like you are staying in the apartment of someone. The guy that hosts (only speaks Spanish) will do everything you need to make you feel at home. He even introduces you to the other guests, offers beach towerls, explains you everything you need about San Sebastian. The location is awesome, about 8 minutes walking from the old center and 2 minutes from the beach. Take care to note the correct arrival time on your booking.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts