Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Location was really convenient in relation to the train station and it was only a short walk to Parte Viejo and an even shorter walk to the beach. Rooms (despite being for 6) felt rather spacious, came with a secure locker, and a little bedside table. Beds were re-made and new towels were distributed everyday (which felt quite luxurious). Largest qualm was pretty insignificant: they are listed as a bed and breakfast, but there is no breakfast supplied! Nice stay, nice man running the place!

Was in a four bed private room with bathroom with three friends. It was perfect! It was like staying in a hotel , everything was perfect! The location was great too! Miguel was extremely nice and helpful!

We were 2-3 people.They have lockers & you get keys to enter whenever you want to.The decoration of the lounge makes it a comfy room although there is no couch.You would have to watch TV sitting in normal chairs or reading a book in the hallway where they do have a couch.The staff was very nice and helpful with tips what to see.They only have to baths with shower and loos together, maybe difficult with many people."kitchen"contains plates, cuttlery, cattle, fridge, micro. So nothing to cook.

• 10th Apr 2015

Hi Jasmin!! Thanks for your comments. Just a little question. There are two bathrooms for two dorms of 6 people, but all the private rooms have their own bathroom, so there are 5 bathrooms in total

really cool hostel, nicely decorated with large lockers in the rooms. hint though: if you use google maps to get there, make sure you dont go to 'hostal amaiur' which is located in a different part of the town! (not a big deal with how small san sebastian is, but caught me out). would recommend! :)

Had a great time here! Everything went smoothly and the location is wonderful!

• 16th Mar 2015

This truly felt like staying at a home. The owner doesn't speak much English but is very nice and friendly, so it works out. Beds were comfy and shower was nice and warm (essential in San Sebastian).

Easy to find from the train station, but the we smelled weed as soon as we walked in, which was not very inviting or comforting. The wifi was also spotty and slow, and the walls were paper thin. The room and bathroom were clean, but the water was either boiling hot or super cold. The location is great, right next to the beach and close to Old Town.

• 28th Feb 2015

Hi Nadia, I apologize the inconvenience about weed smell. In fact, there were a group of guests that breaked the rules and smoked once, even smoking is strictly forbidden in Amalur. I reproved them and they didn't smoke again. Cleanliness and comfortability is a priority for us and is well recognised by most of our guests. I´m so sorry that happened just the day you stayed with us.

The stay was great. It is a very cozy place. I would like to return lot.

Great hostel in a great location in a great city

• 18th Dec 2014

It is very nice, it's a house with only 5 ooms but very well organized. I really liked the bed is very comfortable . I went to a room for 6 everything was perfectly clean . Miguel also the man who run it are very nice and very helpful as I went I mean that sites can be visited in san sebastian . The truth is that if I return to San Sebastián be my first choice of accommodation.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

Lovely hostel. The owner Miguel is great, very helpful and gave us all the information we needed about the city and transports. Great location, close to the beach and walking distance to the old town. Absolutely recommended!!!!

• 17th Dec 2014