Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Had a great time here! Everything went smoothly and the location is wonderful!

• 16th Mar 2015

This truly felt like staying at a home. The owner doesn't speak much English but is very nice and friendly, so it works out. Beds were comfy and shower was nice and warm (essential in San Sebastian).

Easy to find from the train station, but the we smelled weed as soon as we walked in, which was not very inviting or comforting. The wifi was also spotty and slow, and the walls were paper thin. The room and bathroom were clean, but the water was either boiling hot or super cold. The location is great, right next to the beach and close to Old Town.

• 28th Feb 2015

Hi Nadia, I apologize the inconvenience about weed smell. In fact, there were a group of guests that breaked the rules and smoked once, even smoking is strictly forbidden in Amalur. I reproved them and they didn't smoke again. Cleanliness and comfortability is a priority for us and is well recognised by most of our guests. I´m so sorry that happened just the day you stayed with us.

Great hostel in a great location in a great city

• 18th Dec 2014

It is very nice, it's a house with only 5 ooms but very well organized. I really liked the bed is very comfortable . I went to a room for 6 everything was perfectly clean . Miguel also the man who run it are very nice and very helpful as I went I mean that sites can be visited in san sebastian . The truth is that if I return to San Sebastián be my first choice of accommodation.

• 18th Dec 2014
  • Ukraine

Lovely hostel. The owner Miguel is great, very helpful and gave us all the information we needed about the city and transports. Great location, close to the beach and walking distance to the old town. Absolutely recommended!!!!

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Bolivia

I had a terrible bed that made the loudest of noises from the tiniest of movements. It woke up myself and the other guy in my room. Also, there were never any staff around when I had any questions to ask. As a heads up, the staff really don't know any English.

Would definitely stay here again - Miguel is so nice and willing to help. The hostel was clean (again, cleanliness also depends on the people staying at the hostel with you). Location is great - halfway between the old town and the beach. The wifi signal was weak - but to me that wasn't a big deal.

Staff barely spoke any English but with my little Spanish messages got across. My bed was extremely noisy. Every time I moved I woke up everyone else in the dorm. Also the lockers were not secure. I could open mine with and key or object. Not great. Place was cleaned everyday. Wifi was spotty at best. The power went out while I was there which was also not great but they were able to get it up and running in a couple hours. All that said, this place in minutes from he beaches which was ideal.

WHAT A PLACE! SAN SEBASTIAN WAS AMAZING AND IT WAS TOPPED OF BY MIGUEL'S HOSTING AND WONDERFUL HOSTEL. The location OF AMALUR was perfect, one block back from the beach. Rooms were great. Very secure. Clean. Safe. And comfortable. Met some great people. Will definitely be going back. ALL POSITIVE REVIEWS ARE TRUE. HAVE HEARD SOME GREAT THINGS FROM OTHERS.

• 2nd Oct 2014