Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Miguel was a great help and the location was perfect for our stay in San Sebastian.

Thank you Miguel Angel for your kindness. Your hostel is a real top one.

• 17th Jun 2014

Miguel and Pension Amalur were both amazing! He is a lovely man and was helpful in directing us our first night. We had a lot of fun too - people at the hostel were very warm and open to spending time with new people. The hostel is in a great location roughly a 15 minute walk from the main bar district, and 2 minutes from the beach. My friends and I loved this place!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Miguel is probably the best host I've ever had on my trip, no, any vacation I've had. He knows very little English, but in five minutes he managed to tell me everything I needed to know about San Sebastian. Very helpful. The location is fantastic and you're in walking distance of everything. You can really do almost everything, save for hiking up the mountains, and you're within a few minutes walk to the hostel.

Very special and unique place! It's not a typical hostel but rather like you are staying in the apartment of someone. The guy that hosts (only speaks Spanish) will do everything you need to make you feel at home. He even introduces you to the other guests, offers beach towerls, explains you everything you need about San Sebastian. The location is awesome, about 8 minutes walking from the old center and 2 minutes from the beach. Take care to note the correct arrival time on your booking.

Great guy running the hostel. Very peaceful and secure place with a nice little common room for meeting people. Everything was clean and the location was very quiet and relaxing and close to the water. I would say the location would have been better if it was more in the old town which is where you're most likely going to go for food and hanging out but this location was great, too because you could easily walk to everything.

Great shower, nice clean sheets, about an 8 min walk to the bars and restaurants in old town but close to the supermarket and train station. You can meet other travellers living in this pension but it seemed less social than a regular hostel. Good if you are looking for a quiet stay.

This place is super chill, relaxing and fairly quiet. The only common area is a quasi living room with a big dining table. You won't be able to cook meals here but you won't want to because the pinxchos in the old town are not to be missed! The owner is an entertaining character and even though he doesn't speak English we didn't seem to have a problem communicating. He's also kind of flirty so ladies, you will most likely get kissed at least once during your stay.

very welcoming, this hostel is like being at home, coffee and tea on hand in the living room area - cups, plates and cutlery available for preparing your breakfast although there is no kitchen, very friendly and helpful owner/manager (Spanish spoken only)

Muigel from the moment you arrive makes you feel welcome and at home. Gave me so much information about the city, things to do and see etc. My room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and plenty of hot water. The hostel is easy to find and within walking distance of cafes, bars, shops and supermarkets. Definitely would stay again

An excellent choice... the person at the hostel.. sorry I don't remember his name.. though couldn't speak english was extremely friendly.. and explained everything to us on arrival and helped us with everything we needed throughout our stay there.. which was a great thing.. the hostel is not like a conventional hostel but is well equipped, in a great location and was very clean. Even the atmosphere was great with all kinds of people and all chilling in the common living/dining room.

Very good hostel with an ideal location to both the old town and the beach. Miguel was very helpful and made us feel very welcome. I would definetly stay there again.

• 29th May 2014

Really good place in a quieter part of San Sebastian, close to the main points of interest and with very helpful staff, specially if you talk spanish. The rooms and place were really tidy. Very good value for money, specially in San Sebastian, such an expensive city.

• 24th May 2014
  • Spain

The pension is a small, warm place. There is a man in charge of all, I read about some people that didn't like that he doesn't speak English, but he is very nice and tries to do his best to give a good service. The Pension is very quite. I think there are only 3 share bedroom with 2 complete bathrooms for all, and 4 double with own bathroom. There is a common room with a table, a computer with slow internet, some glasses, cups, a boiler and not much more. Everything is very clean.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Argentina

This was a great little hostel and Miguel is a truly wonderful hostel owner: he seems to work all hours of the day and night and will give you the most thorough introduction and tips for you stay I think I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing. There are only two dorm rooms I think so the atmosphere is quite intimate, but all of our fellow travellers were lovely and so we had a great time staying in this hostel. Feels more like a home than a hostel!

Very close to La Concha beach where I could spend hours relaxing

Lovely place. Hostel owners struggling with English but they can understand you and we communicated well enough. Clean place, new towels everyday, bed made and a short walk to the old town. Definitely recommended.

Miguel was awesome as were the other hostel guests. This was our favorite hostel out of our entire trip. Fresh towel and sheets every day and everything is very clean and in good shape. Miguel doesn't speak a ton of English, but he still gets you what you need or where you need to go.

Pension Amalur in San Sebastián is a gem and I would recommend it to any traveler or group of travelers looking for a clean, secure, inexpensive alternative to a hotel. The "hostel," which feels more like a home, is located just minutes from the water and is in a very safe, central part of the city. Beds are very comfortable and everything was so spotless and new. The house, however, still retains its character making staying here an experience in itself. Miguel, the owner, is just wonderful! :)

We stayed in Pension Amalur for 4 nights and was so nice! its a lovely magical place in the center of town, so near to everywhere and if you travel with a car you get a good discount for a nearby parking lot. Miguel the owner is a real gentelman and helped us and welcomed us even though his english his poor with heaps of patiance and kindness. Superb.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts