Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Location was really close to the beach however was a 10-15 minute walk to Old Town which was a little bit out of the food action. Facilities were pretty good, 2 showers for the whole floor though so sometimes you had to wait to get in. No wifi in the rooms either. Host couldn't speak any English at all which made communication a little difficult but we had a pleasant stay. Rooms were very clean & got a clean towel everyday. Felt very safe and secure.

Great service. Miguel was completely helpful and very kind. The bedrooms are very confortable and safe. Though I would've rather a hotel closer to the old city. Still greaaat hostel!!!!!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

We paid for a six bed dormitory, after the first night a seventh bed was added to the already very cramped room. We were not told about this extra bed nor given a discount for the nights the extra person was crammed into the room with us. It was not acceptable. Two bathrooms is not enough for a hostel that accommodates the number of people that it does. Having no oven or sink and only a tiny fridge is annoying. The owner was at times very rude.

Miguel was great! Very friendly and gave excellent advice. He was always there if I needed something and was always looking out for me since I was a solo traveler. The location is very nice and close to the main beach La Concha (just a Few blocks away. And abt an 8-10 min walk to the center of the old city. miguel gave me keys for the front door, the hostel, my room and my locker which was really convenient. I loved my time in SS and the hostel was a great start to my 2 Week vacation.

• 7th Jul 2014

Amazing location. Beautiful town. For sure stay here. I even forgot my hat and Miguel sent it to my next stop for me! You should definitely stay here. Well worth the money.

Great place. Miguel was friendly and helpful. Even though there was a language barrier he made sure to convey all the sites to see in the city. Hostel was easy to find from the bus station and was just a block from the beach and near enough to lots of good bars.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great spot, only a few minutes away from the main beach. Miguel is great!

The owner was very friendly and welcoming. Wifi worked well, and the beds were comfy with a good socialising area. A couple of streets across from the beach and a short walk to the historic centre. Would recommend this hostel!

Pension Amalur wasn't fantastic but it did the trick. The beds and rooms were quite comfortable and the owner, Miguel, was a hoot. The location was the best part. Unfortunately, there was no breakfast.

Miguel was a great help and the location was perfect for our stay in San Sebastian.

Thank you Miguel Angel for your kindness. Your hostel is a real top one.

• 17th Jun 2014

Miguel and Pension Amalur were both amazing! He is a lovely man and was helpful in directing us our first night. We had a lot of fun too - people at the hostel were very warm and open to spending time with new people. The hostel is in a great location roughly a 15 minute walk from the main bar district, and 2 minutes from the beach. My friends and I loved this place!

• 17th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Miguel is probably the best host I've ever had on my trip, no, any vacation I've had. He knows very little English, but in five minutes he managed to tell me everything I needed to know about San Sebastian. Very helpful. The location is fantastic and you're in walking distance of everything. You can really do almost everything, save for hiking up the mountains, and you're within a few minutes walk to the hostel.

Very special and unique place! It's not a typical hostel but rather like you are staying in the apartment of someone. The guy that hosts (only speaks Spanish) will do everything you need to make you feel at home. He even introduces you to the other guests, offers beach towerls, explains you everything you need about San Sebastian. The location is awesome, about 8 minutes walking from the old center and 2 minutes from the beach. Take care to note the correct arrival time on your booking.

Great guy running the hostel. Very peaceful and secure place with a nice little common room for meeting people. Everything was clean and the location was very quiet and relaxing and close to the water. I would say the location would have been better if it was more in the old town which is where you're most likely going to go for food and hanging out but this location was great, too because you could easily walk to everything.

Great shower, nice clean sheets, about an 8 min walk to the bars and restaurants in old town but close to the supermarket and train station. You can meet other travellers living in this pension but it seemed less social than a regular hostel. Good if you are looking for a quiet stay.

This place is super chill, relaxing and fairly quiet. The only common area is a quasi living room with a big dining table. You won't be able to cook meals here but you won't want to because the pinxchos in the old town are not to be missed! The owner is an entertaining character and even though he doesn't speak English we didn't seem to have a problem communicating. He's also kind of flirty so ladies, you will most likely get kissed at least once during your stay.

very welcoming, this hostel is like being at home, coffee and tea on hand in the living room area - cups, plates and cutlery available for preparing your breakfast although there is no kitchen, very friendly and helpful owner/manager (Spanish spoken only)

Muigel from the moment you arrive makes you feel welcome and at home. Gave me so much information about the city, things to do and see etc. My room was cleaned daily with fresh towels and plenty of hot water. The hostel is easy to find and within walking distance of cafes, bars, shops and supermarkets. Definitely would stay again

An excellent choice... the person at the hostel.. sorry I don't remember his name.. though couldn't speak english was extremely friendly.. and explained everything to us on arrival and helped us with everything we needed throughout our stay there.. which was a great thing.. the hostel is not like a conventional hostel but is well equipped, in a great location and was very clean. Even the atmosphere was great with all kinds of people and all chilling in the common living/dining room.

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts