Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Location was really close to the beach however was a 10-15 minute walk to Old Town which was a little bit out of the food action. Facilities were pretty good, 2 showers for the whole floor though so sometimes you had to wait to get in. No wifi in the rooms either. Host couldn't speak any English at all which made communication a little difficult but we had a pleasant stay. Rooms were very clean & got a clean towel everyday. Felt very safe and secure.

Great service. Miguel was completely helpful and very kind. The bedrooms are very confortable and safe. Though I would've rather a hotel closer to the old city. Still greaaat hostel!!!!!!

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Colombia

We paid for a six bed dormitory, after the first night a seventh bed was added to the already very cramped room. We were not told about this extra bed nor given a discount for the nights the extra person was crammed into the room with us. It was not acceptable. Two bathrooms is not enough for a hostel that accommodates the number of people that it does. Having no oven or sink and only a tiny fridge is annoying. The owner was at times very rude.

Miguel was great! Very friendly and gave excellent advice. He was always there if I needed something and was always looking out for me since I was a solo traveler. The location is very nice and close to the main beach La Concha (just a Few blocks away. And abt an 8-10 min walk to the center of the old city. miguel gave me keys for the front door, the hostel, my room and my locker which was really convenient. I loved my time in SS and the hostel was a great start to my 2 Week vacation.

• 7th Jul 2014

Amazing location. Beautiful town. For sure stay here. I even forgot my hat and Miguel sent it to my next stop for me! You should definitely stay here. Well worth the money.

Great place. Miguel was friendly and helpful. Even though there was a language barrier he made sure to convey all the sites to see in the city. Hostel was easy to find from the bus station and was just a block from the beach and near enough to lots of good bars.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Great spot, only a few minutes away from the main beach. Miguel is great!

The owner was very friendly and welcoming. Wifi worked well, and the beds were comfy with a good socialising area. A couple of streets across from the beach and a short walk to the historic centre. Would recommend this hostel!

Pension Amalur wasn't fantastic but it did the trick. The beds and rooms were quite comfortable and the owner, Miguel, was a hoot. The location was the best part. Unfortunately, there was no breakfast.

Miguel was a great help and the location was perfect for our stay in San Sebastian.

1 2 Next » last »