Pension Amalur Reviews

San Martin 43 - 2iz, 20007, San Sebastian, Spain

Great little hostel, Manuel was very sincere and helpful in sharing knowledge about San Sebastian

This is a great little hostel! We were apprehensive at first, as there were renovations and we thought we'd accidentally knocked on someone's front door! But the owner it lovely, and went out of his way to help us, and ensure we enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend!

Great location! Close to the beach and train station. Miguel is a nice man who makes your stay simple and pleasant. The facilities are very adequate. Bathrooms are tight. There are no breakfasts or included meals though, which was disappointing. No laundry machines either. The fellow travelers were cool. One word of caution, don't stay in the hostel past 11pm drinking wine with the others, bc you will get shooshed!

The location of this hostel was amazing! It's just a block or so from the beach, 12-15 minutes from the bus station and around 10 minutes from the train station. Miguel was so helpful. I was only in town for one night, and he gave me recommendations to ensure that I got a full experience during my stay.

The owner Miguel is very warm and friendly, he will help you with anything, the hostel is ideally based minutes from all the key areas, the beds are very comfortable, and you have clean bedding and towels every day. The communal area is like a l oungewith Tv and computer internet, there is tea, coffee available at all times, secure lockers in every room, I cannot recommend this place enough, I am even going back there for my last night as I enjoyed it so much.

• 16th May 2015

It was an absolute pleasure to stay here. The owner didn't speak much English but wasn't a problem at all. The bed was made and had a fresh towel everyday, which was a really nice touch. Would stay here again!

WOW! This hostel could not have been better. It was safe (locks on all doors), location (5min from La Concha and 10-15 to Old Town), *clean* (my bed was made every day) . The host Miguel was such a sweet, kind man; I felt like I was staying with my uncle or something. The other guests were also pleasant and laid back, not the "Lets party hard every night" crowd which can get annoying. Hot water in the showers, wifi worked great, comfortable shared space. Wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Very well located. We stayed in a 4 person dorm and had our own bathroom which was fantastic. Comfy beds, plenty of space. We were very happy with our stay there and Miguel was very helpful.

• 15th May 2015
  • Northern Ireland

Great Hostel, Staff fantastic, Location. awesome. !!!!!!!!!!!

• 14th May 2015

Very lovely hostel, quiet and calm with a perfect location. The only hostel I've stayed in that made up my bed with fresh sheets every day and had a clean towel waiting at no extra charge. It feels like staying in a beautiful old home, right by the beach.

The Hostel is located in the center of San Sebastian within 5-10 Min walk from all restaurants, bars and free time activities. It has a great atmosphere, is really clean and the best thing is the really freindly and very helpful owner. Don´t miss a visit at the taverna "Iritzi" which is just downstairs. The funny and awesome staff will prepare you a good economic meal at any time of the day! Sure you´ll have a great stay!

Overall is satisfactory except WIFI. The staff is friendly, nice, helpful even though they cannot speak English

• 8th May 2015
  • Hong Kong

This was like putting a hostel in someone's apartment. But don't let that put you off. The building was grand (if not slightly difficult to find, mainly because I wasn't expecting an apartment). There is no kitchen for guests but there is a fridge and microwave in the lounge/dining room. Bedding was changed every day and a fresh towel, lockers also provided, good showers, very clean and very well located for the beach. Friendly host, just be prepared to practise your Spanish ;)

Perfect location, kind staff but he doesn't speak English. Room is pretty clean. I was quite satisfied with this hostel.

The man running the place is very friendly. He does not speak English, so have your Spanish ready (you are in Spain after all). The place can be a little noisy as it's old and very close to neighbours. And I think the toilet needs a new gasket. But the location was convenient for my needs.

Smaller, more quiet hostel. Staff is nice but you will have to speak in mimes as English and French are not widely spoken. This is an apartment turned hostel.

Location was really convenient in relation to the train station and it was only a short walk to Parte Viejo and an even shorter walk to the beach. Rooms (despite being for 6) felt rather spacious, came with a secure locker, and a little bedside table. Beds were re-made and new towels were distributed everyday (which felt quite luxurious). Largest qualm was pretty insignificant: they are listed as a bed and breakfast, but there is no breakfast supplied! Nice stay, nice man running the place!

Was in a four bed private room with bathroom with three friends. It was perfect! It was like staying in a hotel , everything was perfect! The location was great too! Miguel was extremely nice and helpful!

We were 2-3 people.They have lockers & you get keys to enter whenever you want to.The decoration of the lounge makes it a comfy room although there is no couch.You would have to watch TV sitting in normal chairs or reading a book in the hallway where they do have a couch.The staff was very nice and helpful with tips what to see.They only have to baths with shower and loos together, maybe difficult with many people."kitchen"contains plates, cuttlery, cattle, fridge, micro. So nothing to cook.

• 10th Apr 2015

Hi Jasmin!! Thanks for your comments. Just a little question. There are two bathrooms for two dorms of 6 people, but all the private rooms have their own bathroom, so there are 5 bathrooms in total

really cool hostel, nicely decorated with large lockers in the rooms. hint though: if you use google maps to get there, make sure you dont go to 'hostal amaiur' which is located in a different part of the town! (not a big deal with how small san sebastian is, but caught me out). would recommend! :)

View all San Sebastian Bed and Breakfasts