Pension Curin Reviews

Majerovica bb, Hvar, Croatia

Easily the best value for any place that I stayed in Croatia. The owner was very kind and helpful. The room was larger than I expected and even had a balcony that wasn't mentioned in the ad. If I am ever back on Hvar I would definitely go back.

• 20th Sep 2013

Not the best location but owners will pick you up from the bus station (right next to the harbour). The owners themselves are lovely people and we even got a lift to the camp site we were staying at next on the northern side of the island!

We were taken to an over flow unit due to over booking. The unit was closer to the city and equipped with air conditioning. We were very satisfied with our stay here and the owner is friendly and tries to go the extra mile for his patrons. Highly recommend.

I got relocated to another property due to an error in the bookingsoftware by the staff. New location was not far from the original location (3 min walk). To make it up for this mistake, i spend two nights for the price of one. The room was clean and i had my own bathroom with a bath and a toilet. It was okay, but 20 min walk to the centre of Hvar.

The staff was really nice and they offered to pick us up at the port and to left us there on our departure. The only problem is that is really far from the town. It is a good value for money if you have car, but not otherwise.

A good 10/15 minute walk from the town, but there is a supermarket close by. When we arrived there was no air conditioner remote in our room, we had to ask for it otherwise we wouldn't have had any air con - make sure you ask! The shower hook in our room didn't hold the shower head, which fell several times soaking the entire bathroom and made showering a complete nightmare. The complimentary pick up / drop off service is really handy - I wouldn't fancy walking all that way with luggage!

friendly staff, good price

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Croatia

Brilliant stay. Staff very friendly and helpful. The staff picked us up from the ferry and dropped us back when we were leaving, which was incredibly helpful. Clean rooms.

Uneducated staff, just avoid.

Nice educated person, as our guest. who do not respect any rules of the house: noise constantly from 23-07. disorder, mess, chaos ,and who have unpermited, unregistered overnight visitors in their room should realy avoid the house.

We have a lovely stay! Unfortunately we stayed just one night but we will come back for sure! Excellent staff ! Thanks you so much!

We have stayed at 3 different places on Hvar. For the price we paid to Curin you can get a better stay and location in Hvar. The owner of Curin was unnecassarily stresful. It was ok, though I won't recommend it to friends

Our guest Klapwijk does not accept the rule of the house that check out is 10,00 , i.e that accommodation is available from arrival untill 10,00 a.m. on the day of departure.

Hostel was nice with reasonable facilities such as wifi. Staff were not very welcoming and friendly at the beginning and then we were told off for others mess! Quiet time ended at 7am and in a place where young people go out and party then get woken up by the staff talking and hoovering too early in the morning. There is an additional fee for air con and considering it was really hot, this was not good. No sea view either from most of the rooms.

Nice place to stay, good location and nice rooms. The staff helped us whatever we need, but sometimes I have to confess that I felt I was not so "welcome" in the hostel.

Pleasant stay. Slight flooding problems with the shower. Beds were very firm. Overall the room was very clean as was the kitchen. Staff were very friendly. Location wise it is a bit of a walk from the town but it was an enjoyable walk with a lovely view. Great to get a lift to and from the boat. We also received an email straight away with directions on how to get there from any mode of transport to Hvar. Would stay again.

This hostel was excellent with everything catered for. I was upgraded to a larger room, with a sea view from my balcony. The room's were clean bright and airy and featured en suite bathrooms, satellite television, wifi and air conditioning. It is a 10 minute walk from Hvar town, there is a supermarket less than a minute away and the nearest beach is less than a five minute walk away. The owner Svetlana is the most helpful lovely lady you could wish to meet. Nothing was too much trouble for her.

Really friendly owners - 5 minute walk from the town and sea views.

Family run hostel, they picked us up from the bus station and dropped us off at the end of our trip- also offered to look after our luggage after we checked out on the last day. They also gave us some tips on where was good to go in the town. The hostel was a 10/15 minute walk from the centre however I imagine it would have been a lot more expensive if we had stayed right in the centre and it was a pretty walk along the beach to get to the busier part of town. Shower flooded toilet when used.

Hostel based a little out of central Hvar, about 10 mis walk to town square. However owners paced us up from ferry and dropped our bags down for us! Lovely people, very helpful and have lots of local knowledge. Good value would definitely stay again.

We had a great stay! Went there with a baby and got a huge apartment with kitchen an terrace. They could even provide a travel kot. The walk to the city center goes along the sea, you're passing some beaches - really beautiful!

The staff was extremely nice and helpful!

• 29th Apr 2013