Pension De Laurier Reviews

1e Laurierdwarsstraat 52, 1016 PZ, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very basic room, small, shower mixer hard to control. Radiator also not under control.

This studio is in an excellent location for exploring Amsterdam and very near the canals. The studio itself is quite small but has what you need for a few nights. There were unfortunately some downsides. We had no hot water or heating the evening of Valentines day or the following day and Tariff the owner didn't let us know or give us any explaination. Overall it's nothing special and a bit expensive for just a room.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Brilliant location - easy walking distance to everywhere and near to trams. Pretty little street near tree lined canals and great bars and cafes. Very quiet so we slept well. Nice area, no hassle, very safe even late at night. The owners were lovely, helpful yet discreet giving us privacy while easy to reach. Warm and cosy room with comfy bed. Very clean. Fridge, tv and free wifi good. Good value for money in an expensive city. We will be returning. Charlotte & Michael Ball

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

It has all you need - clean room with ensuite, computer fridge and coffee. Located in probably the nicest area of amsterdam. Definitely would stay again or recommend to anyone.

Everything we needed including bathroom, internet, keytle and some mugs and plates. Lovely part of Amsterdam as well, very easy to get to the sights. We loved our stay

This property is a room with a street access door. It was quite difficult to find based on the instructions so I recommend taking some Google map screen shots of how to get there from the tram stop. Also there is no recent desk as it is a house. All that being said, Tarif was fantastic. Our flight was delayed and our luggage not delivered. Tarif waited till we arrived all the same. He even was the contact for the airline despite travelling as well. I would recommend staying here as a couple.

We had a fabulous stay at the Pension De Laurier. The staff were fantastic and very helpful during our stay. The location was amazing really close to the attractions and within easy walking distance to the Anne Frank house. I would definitely return and recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break with a great location to the Jordaan.

Thank you so much! Perhaps the best hostel stay I have ever had :) I was sorry I didin't have anything good with me from Finland, we wanted to show you our gratitude. Felt like we lived there ourselves and it was nice to listen sounds of your house (children etc.), I don't care for noisy and populous center to stay a night. Hope to see you again some time :)

• 22nd Oct 2014
  • Finland

The room is in a small and quiet street, closest to the center, in the Jordaan area. Really a good place to stay in Amsterdam.

Loved the place, felt like we were staying in our own apartment in Amsterdam. However, it isn't clear from the Hostelworld posting that it is a private residence, with a door saying "51". We were looking for a "hostel" sign or something like that, which really made it difficult.

Our stay at this hostel was comfortable and clean. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who had our room ready for us. Only a short walk to cafes and bars and city centre. Would stay here again.

We had a comfortable stay at Pension De Laurier! Comfortable bed, big shower and bathroom. We felt safe and clean in the Neighborhood of Jordaan. Highly recommend this place to others who only plan to the room as a means of sleep and showering. My only suggestion to the owner would be to have dehumidifier. We felt sticky when we were in the room, but it didn't ruin our experience!

• 4th Jun 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in the middle of April 14 and it was amazing. Being able to live like a local in the Jordaan district was an fantastic experience. Tarif was an awesome host who met us at the door with a smile. The room was perfect and the internet was fast. We were within walking distance of everything. We would definitely recommend. We cannot wait to come back and stay again!

• 7th Apr 2014

My husband and I stayed here just a little less than one month ago. It's not really a hostel, but more like a spare room and bathroom separated from someone's house. The hosts were nice and willing to help with anything but we had no issues or problems. The location was exactly where we wanted to be: close to a lot of activity but still a quiet area overall. We would definitely stay here again. We loved it.

• 30th Mar 2014

We saw some reviews saying it was a bit too far from town. Nonsense. Easy walk south to the museum or east into town over a couple of canals before you get to the square in around 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Accommodation was clean, bed comfy, shower was great and computer came in handy. Obviously not big due to what it is but great value fro money and would definitely stay again. David

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Great place in a perfect location! The owner was lovely and gave us great tips about the City. Very clean, free internet, and right on the canals. What more can you ask for? Would definitely stay here again!

In this second time I stayed at the Pension De Laurier I was amazed how this place hadn't changed a bit. And maybe that's what made my review a little bit harsher this time. There was no improvement in the place. Though it's a cozy and well located bedroom I felt we were losing something when comparing to some other options available such as renting a place to crash in Air B'n'B. so the price just nearly scratched average if you compare prices of a fully equiped apartment.

This was a great place to stay in Amsterdam. I was close to most of the attractions and an easy tram stop or two from many more. The neighborhood felt safe and as a single woman on my own I felt comfortable walking at night. Area restaurants are great and the room came with a coffee and tea service and a fridge to stash other items. I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Oct 2013

The owners were great & prompt in contacting us as soon as we had made our booking. The apartment was excellent, in a superb location-very picturesque & near lots of shops, restaurants, bike hire, tram stop...yet mostly quiet.We did get a drunk guy 1 night outside our window and that woke us up- but that's out of the control of the owners! just bring some earplugs. All the facilities we needed- breakfast set, kettle, fridge.(maybe just a tea towel for the dishes?) Great value-Highly recommended!

This is a great little place in the Jordaan area. We just loved the residential feel of the area, it's quiet and peaceful, and a world away from the drunk, stoned tourist hordes of the Medieval Area. It's walkable from Centraal station or three stops on the tram. There's a cute little brown cafe on the corner and the room is only a couple of doors from the canal. It formed the perfect base for our six day stay. We would definitely stay here again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5