Pension De Laurier Reviews

1e Laurierdwarsstraat 52, 1016 PZ, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Our stay at this hostel was comfortable and clean. We were greeted by a friendly staff member who had our room ready for us. Only a short walk to cafes and bars and city centre. Would stay here again.

We had a comfortable stay at Pension De Laurier! Comfortable bed, big shower and bathroom. We felt safe and clean in the Neighborhood of Jordaan. Highly recommend this place to others who only plan to the room as a means of sleep and showering. My only suggestion to the owner would be to have dehumidifier. We felt sticky when we were in the room, but it didn't ruin our experience!

• 4th Jun 2014

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in the middle of April 14 and it was amazing. Being able to live like a local in the Jordaan district was an fantastic experience. Tarif was an awesome host who met us at the door with a smile. The room was perfect and the internet was fast. We were within walking distance of everything. We would definitely recommend. We cannot wait to come back and stay again!

• 7th Apr 2014

My husband and I stayed here just a little less than one month ago. It's not really a hostel, but more like a spare room and bathroom separated from someone's house. The hosts were nice and willing to help with anything but we had no issues or problems. The location was exactly where we wanted to be: close to a lot of activity but still a quiet area overall. We would definitely stay here again. We loved it.

• 30th Mar 2014

We saw some reviews saying it was a bit too far from town. Nonsense. Easy walk south to the museum or east into town over a couple of canals before you get to the square in around 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Accommodation was clean, bed comfy, shower was great and computer came in handy. Obviously not big due to what it is but great value fro money and would definitely stay again. David

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Great place in a perfect location! The owner was lovely and gave us great tips about the City. Very clean, free internet, and right on the canals. What more can you ask for? Would definitely stay here again!

In this second time I stayed at the Pension De Laurier I was amazed how this place hadn't changed a bit. And maybe that's what made my review a little bit harsher this time. There was no improvement in the place. Though it's a cozy and well located bedroom I felt we were losing something when comparing to some other options available such as renting a place to crash in Air B'n'B. so the price just nearly scratched average if you compare prices of a fully equiped apartment.

This was a great place to stay in Amsterdam. I was close to most of the attractions and an easy tram stop or two from many more. The neighborhood felt safe and as a single woman on my own I felt comfortable walking at night. Area restaurants are great and the room came with a coffee and tea service and a fridge to stash other items. I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Oct 2013

The owners were great & prompt in contacting us as soon as we had made our booking. The apartment was excellent, in a superb location-very picturesque & near lots of shops, restaurants, bike hire, tram stop...yet mostly quiet.We did get a drunk guy 1 night outside our window and that woke us up- but that's out of the control of the owners! just bring some earplugs. All the facilities we needed- breakfast set, kettle, fridge.(maybe just a tea towel for the dishes?) Great value-Highly recommended!

This is a great little place in the Jordaan area. We just loved the residential feel of the area, it's quiet and peaceful, and a world away from the drunk, stoned tourist hordes of the Medieval Area. It's walkable from Centraal station or three stops on the tram. There's a cute little brown cafe on the corner and the room is only a couple of doors from the canal. It formed the perfect base for our six day stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Nice private room on a quiet street, good location.

Very good place to live. It´s like your own home sweet home

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Spain

The owners were very nice and responsive to email inquiries. The internet and computer worked (though a little slow). Its close to the center of town and the neighborhood is beautiful The room is as described except there was no HOT WATER for our entire stay. If it were not for the lack of hot water, this would have been a great bargain.

This accommodation that we stayed in for three nights had everything you need for a great stay in Amsterdam. Very central and easy walking for great things to do. Very comfortable bed which is always a bonus! I would definitely return or recommend. :)

• 27th Jun 2013

Excellent in every way. Location, infra-structure, staff. Can't wait to go back.

we really enjoyed our stay here as it was very convenient to get around the city, and the neighbourhood was really pretty with lots of bars and restaurants. The room had a fridge, hairdryer, computer with wifi code, great shower and its own entrance. My husband and I had s great stay here!

Lost hot water.. We did not have phone access to reach owners and this took time. When the water was fixed we ended up with warm water not hot. Lost Internet access and without use of a phone we could not contact owners once again. Flush on toilet barely works. Will not recommend this property. Owners did not even follow up with an email ( our only means of communication) to see if water as fixed or how our stay was. Disappointing stay.

• 15th May 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at Pension de Laurier.Tariff has been an excellent host ,waiting for us to arrive and check in, even if it was almost midnight.I agree to all previous positive comments,the location is unbeatable,quite,safe but with many options to dine or just have a drink at night.The equipment for tea and coffee helped me and my partner to deal with a mild cold we had and after hours of walking ,the room seemed like a wonderful warm nest,as if we were at our own house.Dankjewel!!!!!

This was the most wonderful hostel I could have stayed at. The location is perfect and so close to the trams!! It was clean with a very nice bathroom and a large shower. The owner was very accommodating and provided us with everything we could have needed and more. I would definitely stay at Pension De Laurier if in Amsterdam again!

It was a pleasure to stay in the pension. The room and the neighbourhood were really nice. I would totally recommend this place. Also, the owner was really nice and gave us a lot of information and maps to visit around. We had a really great time in Amsterdam, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5