Pension De Laurier Reviews

1e Laurierdwarsstraat 52, 1016 PZ, Amsterdam, Netherlands

We saw some reviews saying it was a bit too far from town. Nonsense. Easy walk south to the museum or east into town over a couple of canals before you get to the square in around 20 minutes and 10 minutes respectively. Accommodation was clean, bed comfy, shower was great and computer came in handy. Obviously not big due to what it is but great value fro money and would definitely stay again. David

• 6th Nov 2013
  • Scotland

Great place in a perfect location! The owner was lovely and gave us great tips about the City. Very clean, free internet, and right on the canals. What more can you ask for? Would definitely stay here again!

In this second time I stayed at the Pension De Laurier I was amazed how this place hadn't changed a bit. And maybe that's what made my review a little bit harsher this time. There was no improvement in the place. Though it's a cozy and well located bedroom I felt we were losing something when comparing to some other options available such as renting a place to crash in Air B'n'B. so the price just nearly scratched average if you compare prices of a fully equiped apartment.

This was a great place to stay in Amsterdam. I was close to most of the attractions and an easy tram stop or two from many more. The neighborhood felt safe and as a single woman on my own I felt comfortable walking at night. Area restaurants are great and the room came with a coffee and tea service and a fridge to stash other items. I would definitely stay here again!

• 14th Oct 2013

The owners were great & prompt in contacting us as soon as we had made our booking. The apartment was excellent, in a superb location-very picturesque & near lots of shops, restaurants, bike hire, tram stop...yet mostly quiet.We did get a drunk guy 1 night outside our window and that woke us up- but that's out of the control of the owners! just bring some earplugs. All the facilities we needed- breakfast set, kettle, fridge.(maybe just a tea towel for the dishes?) Great value-Highly recommended!

This is a great little place in the Jordaan area. We just loved the residential feel of the area, it's quiet and peaceful, and a world away from the drunk, stoned tourist hordes of the Medieval Area. It's walkable from Centraal station or three stops on the tram. There's a cute little brown cafe on the corner and the room is only a couple of doors from the canal. It formed the perfect base for our six day stay. We would definitely stay here again.

Nice private room on a quiet street, good location.

Very good place to live. It´s like your own home sweet home

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Spain

The owners were very nice and responsive to email inquiries. The internet and computer worked (though a little slow). Its close to the center of town and the neighborhood is beautiful The room is as described except there was no HOT WATER for our entire stay. If it were not for the lack of hot water, this would have been a great bargain.

This accommodation that we stayed in for three nights had everything you need for a great stay in Amsterdam. Very central and easy walking for great things to do. Very comfortable bed which is always a bonus! I would definitely return or recommend. :)

• 27th Jun 2013

Excellent in every way. Location, infra-structure, staff. Can't wait to go back.

we really enjoyed our stay here as it was very convenient to get around the city, and the neighbourhood was really pretty with lots of bars and restaurants. The room had a fridge, hairdryer, computer with wifi code, great shower and its own entrance. My husband and I had s great stay here!

Lost hot water.. We did not have phone access to reach owners and this took time. When the water was fixed we ended up with warm water not hot. Lost Internet access and without use of a phone we could not contact owners once again. Flush on toilet barely works. Will not recommend this property. Owners did not even follow up with an email ( our only means of communication) to see if water as fixed or how our stay was. Disappointing stay.

• 15th May 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at Pension de Laurier.Tariff has been an excellent host ,waiting for us to arrive and check in, even if it was almost midnight.I agree to all previous positive comments,the location is unbeatable,quite,safe but with many options to dine or just have a drink at night.The equipment for tea and coffee helped me and my partner to deal with a mild cold we had and after hours of walking ,the room seemed like a wonderful warm nest,as if we were at our own house.Dankjewel!!!!!

This was the most wonderful hostel I could have stayed at. The location is perfect and so close to the trams!! It was clean with a very nice bathroom and a large shower. The owner was very accommodating and provided us with everything we could have needed and more. I would definitely stay at Pension De Laurier if in Amsterdam again!

It was a pleasure to stay in the pension. The room and the neighbourhood were really nice. I would totally recommend this place. Also, the owner was really nice and gave us a lot of information and maps to visit around. We had a really great time in Amsterdam, it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

It was great at Pension de Laurier. Absolutely advisable! The Location is just fantastic, you're right in the centre, it's 10 minutes to the central station by foot. You got those beautiful little town canals just around the corner. The staff welcomed us very friendly and gave helpfull advise. Our room was clean, cozy and warm (which was important because it was snowing outside.) Just the shower's water pressure was a bit low, but that's in fact the only thing I can critize.

• 22nd Feb 2013

This place is the perfect accommodation for a couple. Self-contained ground floor room, with en-suite and front door on to the street, located just off the Pension canal. It is small, and simple but very welcoming and comfortable. We stayed in early January and it was still lovely and warm. Location is fantastic, very central. Our belongings felt secure and we had all that we needed by way of facilities. We had a fantastic trip, and could not recommend this place more highly.

Really enjoyed our stay - loved the area! Instructions for arrival should say to ring the door bell of the door next-door!

This was a fantastic place to stay, it is just the one room next to the owners place. Tarif was extremely friendly and welcoming, and did not mind that we arrived later than expected, and even gave us dinner recommendations. The location is great, down a quiet street in the Jordaan next to a canal and the 9 straatjes shopping area. Very clean room and great facilities. We would not hesitate to come back, thank you very much for having us stay Tarif!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5