Pension Goiko Reviews

Calle del Puerto 6, San Sebastian, Spain

Had a great stay here - it's right in the middle of the old town with lots going on every night. We stayed in a private room with our 2 children which was perfect - it was loud at night but they slept through it all. The lady on reception was lovely and spoke 3 languages fluently. Would stay here again.

Very clean. Lockers would be good.

• 14th Jul 2014

Was only there one night, but the place was miles better than Lolo's Urban house. Front desk worker was beyond helpful recommending places to go and how to get around San Seb. I will stay there again when I visit.

• 12th Jul 2014

Very helpful and friendly staff, and really nice place! Small common area and quiet atmosphere, so it wasn't too social, but if you're looking for quiet, this place is great. Only complaint was room was hot and didn't have a window.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only bummer is the bathroom situation. There is only one bathroom to be shared among the guests. The bathroom is nice and large, but you have to fight for it and wait for a little while. You should extend the hot water hours and think about adding another bathroom if possible and to get some lockers or something in the rooms. I'm not sure the price justifies the facilities.

The rooms with double beds were very cramped and with little air. The one room had a window towards the drying area. The 3 bed room had no window at all.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Greece

The hostel is in the middle of the old town and very clean. You could use the kitchen for cooking which saves a lot of money for food. The staff was simply amazing, especially Jeff, Camille, Luke and Jana were some of the friendliest staff I have seen in any hostel!

Good hostel! Stephy the worker is super nice and accommodating. The shared rooms are very small so if you don't sleep well they aren't practical and very dark in the morning if you wake up early. No lockers in the shared rooms. The second night we asked for a private room and Stephy was so helpful. The private rooms were so nice! Worth it because they aren't very expensive. Washrooms were clean, wifi was decent. Breakfast is included and it's great!

Good hostel, couldn't fault the location, it's really close to everything and we also found it to be very clean. Loved the free breakfast we had every morning, it was only basics but was always available. This is a pretty small hostel, I didn't really talk to many other guests as everyone seems to go about their own business. My only complain would be that the shower is pretty average, it's clean but often cold and with little water actually coming from it. Other then that no complaints!

Great place to stay in the middle of the centre of San Sebastian. Ernest was kind enough to recommend some cheap places to eat tapas. As a backpacker, this sort of service is really appreciated as we need to keep expenses down. The hostel is very clean and beds are comfy. My only concern is that there is only one bathroom (and toilet) for people who stay in the dorm rooms. So you may have to line up to use the bathroom in the morning!

This hostel was an amazing stay right in the heart of old town. While the common area was pretty small it had a kitchen. The staff was very helpful and gave us great suggestions from attractions to restaurants. In addition, they upgraded us to a larger room which was great. It had been newly redone and was very clean.

1. Great Hostel in the heard of the old town 2. breakfast really late ...starts at 9:30 so I missed it ;-( ...partypeople will like it. 3. Ask the girl at the reception for good Pintxobars....very good recomendations resumen......go there and enjoy the Pintxos

Pension Goiko is perfectly located in the old part of San Sebastian-Donostia, you have plenty of eating and drinking options just around the corner. The Staff was nice and very helpful, as she recommended me things to do and places to go to eat. Rooms are simple but ok. If you don't expect a Hostel to meet other travellers and just search a private room for a good price, it's a great option to stay at Pension Goiko.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

It was small, and there were very few bathrooms, which made it stressful getting ready in the morning because you have to wait so long to use the bathroom. But the staff was very friendly and the hostel has cool decorations!!

• 28th Feb 2014

Goiko was an amazing place to stay! I arrived late at night and they stayed open to make sure that I could check in! This is a great hostel with a great environment to get to know the other travelers. It is close to everything and the staff really care about showing you a great time in San Sebastian. Try to make it in the season for Carnival! -California

A perfect hostel for low-budget travellers with very good breakfast and friendly and helpful stuff, that will inform you about restaurants, bars and also basque traditions. The location is perfect in the city center! I highly recommend it to anybody!!!

The staff was amazing, they were were friendly and helpful. We got many great recommendations for our short one day stay in San Sebastian. The room was clean and nice.

We just arrived in the late evening and he stuff was really helpful and nice. They told loads of places to go, to est, to drink or just to enjoy our stay. We were surprised by towels on our beds and a breakfast in the morning. It actually felt more like hotel, than like hostel. Thank you guys, we had a really good time XOXO

• 20th Feb 2014

I had a fantastic time at Pension Goiko and San Sebastian is one of the best cities I have visited in my 5 months traveling. They were very accommodating and helpful. Fully recommend.

My stay in this Hostel has been awesome!Steph and all the staff are amazing people and host, it feels like at home. Thank you for the great job you are doing guys, Antonio, Mike and the surfer (sorry forgot ur name)The Hostel is clean, tidy, breakfast is good for the price you pay!They give you immediately tips and information about what to do in the city when you check in! Easy going, relaxed atmosphere make this place very comfortable to stay. I will keep a great memory of my stay guys! Thanks

• 9th Feb 2014