Pension Goiko Reviews

Calle del Puerto 6, San Sebastian, Spain

Enjoyed our stay at Pension Goiko. Being so central it was a superb location and kitchen facilities were a great way to save money when needed. Thank you very much for making our trip to San Sebastián such a nice one.

• 24th Jul 2015

Excellent location. Fan didn't work, very hot.

Not the greatest hotel/guest house I have been to in the world but definitely not the worst. It could do with a makeover but most of these types of places can.

DON'T STAY HERE. We had a four bed dorm which only just fit 2 bunk beds. The room has no windows. Felt like I was sleeping in a walk in closet with four people. It was unbearably hot and dark with no air flow. Has 1 bathroom only for around 4/5 dorms. There were times when there was literally a queue for the toilet/shower. Also provided 1 key for 4 ppl only. Requested extra money on checkout . Close the kitchen between 10pm and 9am so don't expect food or water during the evening. Prison.

• 5th Jul 2015

AMAZING location, right in the midst of it all. Noisy at night but it's all part of the fun. Would definitely recommend it!!!

• 4th Jul 2015

One of the more popular hostels in town. I visited 3 years ago and the price has gone up a lot since, but the hostel is the same. Perfect location in the old town, very easy place to meet people (almost all Australian) and a decent atmosphere. A sociable hostel without being a real party hostel. Only one shower per floor which was also cold. If you are not concerned about the price, I would definitely recommend it, but there might be better value now.

• 1st Jul 2015

They ripped us off! We gave sufficient notice that we would not be able to make Our stay... We were more than happy to lose our deposit.... But the fact that they said " oh we never received an email from you" when I forwarded it too them as proof... They then tried to charge us for 2 nights I then had to remind then of there product discloser statement that said they could only Charge for one night. Never got to actually stay there but management were horrible

• 30th Jun 2015

Great location in old town!! Our room was a bit squishy dorm of 8, the bathrooms were really clean! Although no room to really meet people as only a small building above old town!

Very nice hostel with a nice personal feel. Staff were very helpful when we asked for advice on where to go / what to see etc. Even though we were in a six bed dorm, there was a door separating the room in two so it didn't feel like we were sharing the room with lots of other people as it can do in some hostels.

Perfect location in heart of old town, couldn't be any better. Staff were great, handy laundry service for 5 euro. Room was perfect twin room with shared bathroom. Noisy streets outside but that's what we were there for so definitely recommend, would stay again.

• 22nd Jun 2015

I stayed in Pension Goiko with my friend one night. Since our arrival, I felt welcomed. The staff was very helpful and professional and they made you feel like if you were at home. The hostel was very clean. Great location if you want to know the city center and go out and try the famous Spanish Basque bars with their selection of delicious pintxos. You won't know which one to choose! Good hostel, nice staff, beautiful city. I 'd recommend it to everyone.

We were up early to leave in the morning but the kitchen is in the Reception area so is not open at 7am.

Cannot fault the location, in the heart of the old town. Staff are friendly, reception/kitchen/common area is very small but manageable - for the price this pension is great, we had a 3-bed private for around 13eu each a night and wouldn't have opted for much else. My bed was uncomfortable but the other 2 were fine, just drew the short straw.

Hostel was perfectly situated, staff and atmosphere were very good. On the bad side, my room was near the street so it was a little noisy, there were no lockers, there was only one toilet for the floor and bed wasn't exactly comfortable. Apart from that, it was a good stay, especially for the price!

Superb location!

Lovely decor and the room and bathroom were very clean. Location was great since it's right in the center of the old part. However, it can be very noisy at night if you plan to sleep early.

• 19th Mar 2015