Pension Idube Budget B&B and Backpackers Reviews

11 Walton Avenue, Auckland Park, Johannesburg, South Africa

Located a 20-minute walk (or 5-minute drive) from the awesome 44 Stanley in Milpark. On a quiet street with a secure gate. Lovely pool in the back yard. Staff were extremely helpful.

Beautiful pool area. Well priced, well run.

• 5th Oct 2012
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Great place to stay. Aubrey (the innkeeper) does a brilliant job in welcoming you to his home. I spent three nights and had the place almost to myself, though wish there had been others. Only two improvements needed: 1. Heater for rooms - I had a room with exterior door. During the recent colds snap it would have been fantastic to have had a heater. 2. WiFi - Signal was only strong near the Aubrey's quarters. Suggest to install a repeater to enhance WiFi reception throughout property.

Hi Matt Thanks so much for the review! And I'm glad you enjoyed the stay. We've been busy with improvements since 1 October 2011 and we've finally moved the wi-fi router to the middle of the house so that all of our rooms now have great signal. Unfortunately there were dependencies here, having to rely on suppliers to move ADSL lines etc., but it has been done. I can only apologise for this, and hope you weren't too inconvenienced. We do have heaters in all the rooms - they are normally stored in the cupboards. But I do hope the electric blankets on the bed kept you warm, along with the extra blankets we have in our rooms. Best regards, Aubrey

Perfect location, nice area in Jo'burg. Restaurants, bars are very close. The hostel was beautiful, nice rooms with character. Would recommend it to everybody!!

Hey Sandra! Thanks for the amazing review - we're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in our stunning country. Cheers, Aubrey.

We really enjoyed our time at Idube. Very friendly and helpfull staff, and the accomodation is also very clean. Good value for money as well.

Hi Monique - thanks for the amazing review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your time at Idube, and I hope you had an awesome time visiting our amazing country.

View all Johannesburg Bed and Breakfasts