Pension Madrid 21 Reviews

C Madrid 21, Santander, Spain

WiFi NEVER worked in either side!!! Notified them day before via Hostelworld that I would arrive at 2300 due to late train. Arrived at 2300. Door was locked. No doorbell. So I yelled and pounded on door to no avail. Hostel is actually a private family pensione renting out rooms in their flat. Fortunately for me, husband arrived home from work at 2330 and let me in out of the cold rain. Warning! Don't arrive after 2000 as wife goes to bedroom early and locks the door with tv on so she can't hear

• 21st Sep 2015

Perfect for a one-night stay.

• 14th Jul 2015

The staff were very welcoming. Considering lots of hostels are bunkbed sharers I had a double bed and a tv tthere were two showers and toilets between 6 rooms I think. Really good quality and good location for centre of santander

• 7th Jul 2015

Great hostel. Nice big room with large, comfortable bed. Good bathroom facilities. Difficult to communicate with the hoste due to my lack of Spanish and his lack of English, but we made do ok with gestures.

• 5th Jul 2015

This was my second visit to this hostel. I like the location and the space is always clean. This is the place I look to go to first when in Santander

Really good place to stay. Good price and really really friendly helpful staff. The only think I will say: Bring ear plugs! Maybe not all the rooms are like this, but from mine I could hear every sound from the corridor. Ear plugs really do work and you can get silicone in the "Bazaar" (pound shop) around the corner for under a euro. They have wax ones in the chemist, also nearby.

Great pension! I was wowed that I had my own queen bed to myself in a room with its own lock and two clean towels waiting for me. The facilities were super clean (I think I saw the owner cleaning at 11pm before she went bed). Felt more like a hotel then a hostel environment. Walls are thin (as expected, really), so bring headphones. The only negative I can think of is that the wifi didn't work for me. If I had stayed more than a night I would have asked about it. Well done! Thanks much!

I enjoyed my stay here. The hosts were very kind, although they don't speak English. The room was very nice and comfortable, just be aware that you are staying in someone's house! The location is about a 10 min walk from the port, but it is about an hour or so walk to get to the main beaches on the other side of town.

View all Santander Bed and Breakfasts