Pension Mariluz Reviews

C/Palau, 4 2º1º, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

The 4 flights of stairs is a bit rough with a suitcase but it Is so worth it. The staff is exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable (and they speak a solid amount of English). Everything was clean, bed was comfortable, bathrooms were very nice. Near a great plaza and very close to a metro station and taxi stop. Walking distance to Picasso museum. While being within the gothic district can be confusing at times, I would definitely stay there again.

This is a really nice smaller hostel. It is up 3 flights of stair, so just keep that in mind. While we stayed there, parents with their children were staying there. It's not a party hostel, which was nice for my taste. The kitchen is well equipped and the restrooms are very clean. The location is great and is in the heart of the gothic center. It's really fun. We really enjoyed ourselves here! Definitely would recommend.

• 30th Dec 2013

This place is great. The location is right in the center of barrio gotico. It is very clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend it!

Everything great except for the 3 or 4 floors upstairs with our luggage.

Great place to stay, the location is perfect, everything is clean and they were really helpful when I needed.

The Pension was in a really good location close to many of the cities attractions, but nevertheless in a very quiet area. I liked that! The room itself was very good I had plenty of room and space and it was very clean and comfortable. I only stayed there for two nights of a 6 night stay. I would definitely consider staying there for a longer period next time, and I would recommend it to others.

I really enjoyed my stay. The only disadvantage is that it is up 3 flights of stairs so if you had lots of luggage or a pram it would be hard to access.

• 26th Oct 2013

I definitely recommend Pension Mariluz to anyone who's looking for affordable, yet good, accommodation in Barcelona. The hostel was extremely clean. We stayed in a private ensuite, but the communal areas were always spotless. The reception staff were very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. The only negatives was the climb up the three flights of stairs (there's no lift), and we had a few ants in our room, but really this wasn't too much of a problem. Also, there is no oven in the kitchen.

• 22nd Oct 2013