Pension Mariluz Reviews

C/Palau, 4 2º1º, Barcelona, Spain

We stayed at a private double with shared bathroom, we had a nice view to the courtyard, so it was sunny enough, the room nice, the shower and toilet kept clean. The wi-fi had some problems in the room but in the common area it was fast. The location is great. Only downside: here they say taxes included but we had to pay extra tourism tax.

The advance from the pension Marilutz is the central lokation. You walk out of the door and are just in the middle of the city with a lot of bars, restaurants, little shops next to you. I think that makes it really special and we loved it! Also the rooms are nice, clean and the people are really helpful and nice aswell. Thanks for a wonderful stay in Marilutz. We come definatly again!

We had a great time. We can highly recommend this hostel. Cleanliness was better than in any other hostel we've been before and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately our room was a bit noisy.

Excellent hostel. The location is awesome and the staff is very helpful. The only drawback is that the hostel is located on the 4th floor of a building with no elevator.

Keep in mind that there is NO elevator at this hostel so you have to be prepared to walk up 3 to 4 flights of stairs with luggage. It's located in the Gothic Quarter so it was a good location to wander the Gothic and buy souvenirs. The guy who checked us in was really friendly. He even helped us with our bags! =) If you intend to change your reservation (add/subtract days), make sure you ask them how it will affect your deposit. We had to call Hostelworld to settle this.

• 24th Sep 2014

The owner was very nice, and the rooms were exactly what we needed. The stairs are a massive hike but not too bad. Only bad thing was one staff member who worked the night shift was very nasty to us, and unfortunately ruined the experience for us.

I travelled here with my boyfriend for a short city break. I had never stayed at a hostel so was a bit nervous about the 'shared bathroom' arrangement but i was pleasantly surprised, very clean. Rooms are basic but perfect for a city break. The hostel was in a great location within the gothic quarter and within easy reach to the metro! Staff where very friendly and helpful! My only warning: prepare for the 3 flights of stairs! I would defiantly recommend a stay here :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

This hostel was everything I hoped it would be! Secure, clean, central in terms of location. Ara was excellent at providing my friends and I with regular recommendations for restaurants / directions. On one occasion, one of the showers had broken and was fixed immediately. I stayed here for 6 nights, and I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Barcelona!

• 1st Jul 2014

amazing location, you can walk to the beach and many sights, for some others you have to take public transportation becaues barcelona is huge. Ana at the reception was amazing, she gave us restaurant recommandations and they were all absolutely amazing . super comfrtable and clean. shared bathrooms but there are many cabinets so we never had to wait, we also met great people. staff was also able ti help us get a cab during a cab strike. neighbours were very noisy but it was world cup

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts