Pension Mariluz Reviews

C/Palau, 4 2º1º, Barcelona, Spain

We had a great time. We can highly recommend this hostel. Cleanliness was better than in any other hostel we've been before and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately our room was a bit noisy.

Keep in mind that there is NO elevator at this hostel so you have to be prepared to walk up 3 to 4 flights of stairs with luggage. It's located in the Gothic Quarter so it was a good location to wander the Gothic and buy souvenirs. The guy who checked us in was really friendly. He even helped us with our bags! =) If you intend to change your reservation (add/subtract days), make sure you ask them how it will affect your deposit. We had to call Hostelworld to settle this.

• 24th Sep 2014

The owner was very nice, and the rooms were exactly what we needed. The stairs are a massive hike but not too bad. Only bad thing was one staff member who worked the night shift was very nasty to us, and unfortunately ruined the experience for us.

I travelled here with my boyfriend for a short city break. I had never stayed at a hostel so was a bit nervous about the 'shared bathroom' arrangement but i was pleasantly surprised, very clean. Rooms are basic but perfect for a city break. The hostel was in a great location within the gothic quarter and within easy reach to the metro! Staff where very friendly and helpful! My only warning: prepare for the 3 flights of stairs! I would defiantly recommend a stay here :)

• 3rd Jul 2014

This hostel was everything I hoped it would be! Secure, clean, central in terms of location. Ara was excellent at providing my friends and I with regular recommendations for restaurants / directions. On one occasion, one of the showers had broken and was fixed immediately. I stayed here for 6 nights, and I would 100% recommend this hostel to anyone visiting Barcelona!

• 1st Jul 2014

amazing location, you can walk to the beach and many sights, for some others you have to take public transportation becaues barcelona is huge. Ana at the reception was amazing, she gave us restaurant recommandations and they were all absolutely amazing . super comfrtable and clean. shared bathrooms but there are many cabinets so we never had to wait, we also met great people. staff was also able ti help us get a cab during a cab strike. neighbours were very noisy but it was world cup

We spent 7 nights at the hostel. Centrally located in the Gothic area, we were able to go to all of the attractions and the beach by foot. The price was great and the staff was absolutely wonderful (especially Beatrice!!!). This is a very quiet hostel so not necessarily best for party animals....and it is located on the fourth floor so stairs can not be avoided. Having said that, if we return to Barcelona, we will definitely be going back to Pension Mariluz.

• 7th Jun 2014

Absolutely wonderful and helpful staff! Great location (at the heart of the gothic quarter and within walking distance of la rambla), fairly clean (no issues with the room or shared showers/bathrooms), good facilities (each room has its own sink, and there is a communal kitchen), and felt very secure. Downsides: a few noisy nights, slightly slow wifi, but good exercise climbing the 3 flights of stairs every day. I had a good 4 night stay and would highly recommend this hostel to friends.

• 29th May 2014

Pension Mariluz is the perfect solution for travelers that are looking for the authentic Barcelona experience on a budget. The building is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The hostel is located on the 4th floor so it may not be the best option for those who are not able to climb stairs, but we didn't mind. The location was fantastic- right in the heart of the Gothic Quarter and close to Las Ramblas. Perfect for students or couples!

View all Barcelona Bed and Breakfasts