Pension Souika Reviews

Hay Souika Drb Kadi alami, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Location was great, right in the medina but easy to find Because it's signs are posted. Staff helped with direction, recommendations and any questions we had.

• 4th Oct 2015

The rooms are clean and comfortable. You definitely get value for money, the location is great, right near the main square. The kitchen is less than basic, no real common areas either. When we had arrive to the hostel, they forgot to mention to us that the next few days were public holidays, and this therefore really interrupted our trip as we couldn't book bus tickets to the port to get ferries.

Old mate at the desk shared a delicious fish tagine with me, great guy, may have smoked opium on the roof. Recommend!

No papers in bathroom the 4 times I went and dirty :( had to take 5 second showers. They wanted to charge me more at the end, good thing I had a confirmation letter with the due payment. front desk agent was sleeping.

Staying at terrace aka badly signaled 25 people dorm is disgusting because you sleep on blankets that haven't been cleaned and feel of a thousand travelers. For what you get it's pretty expensive.

Was really dirty. Those bathrooms were never cleaned during our stay (2day). Also 3 bathrooms are very little for minimum 30 guests. The shower was ice cold. And the floor in our room was sticky. And there were hairs of other people in our bad. Also stains. Don't go there. Only advantage is the price which was quite low.

We arrived late and the staff was accommodating but clearly not happy about it (understandably). They had given away our beds even though we paid a deposits we paid extra to have a private and smaller room upon arrival which was fine but a surprise. Just an overall average place. After already having booked and paid for 2 nights we found that we could've gotten a lot better place for the same price (or less).

Great location and very cheap, but you get what you pay for. Our room was dirty. The sheets were covered in hairs and stains, the room smelled very strongly of urine as well. No AC at this hostel, so it was incredibly hot. The bathrooms didn't have toilet paper or soap, and one had a pee puddle in it for the entire time we stayed there. Two of the three showers in the hostel are toilet shower combos, so it smells when you shower and the toilet gets wet. iThe staff were not very friendly either.

At the moment I'm sitting on a sofa avoiding the sleep area. The terrace sleeping area I am in fits 3 and we are 4 strangers and it's sooooooo unbelievably hot. Wewould literally be cuddling if I slept up there right now

• 8th Aug 2015

The Pension Souika didn't give us the room we booked. I travel together with a Moroccan friend and it's not allowed to stay together in one room when you're not married. Even though the Pension knew the room was booked for male and female. But for me, the real problem was the way we got treated from the beginning, so very rude. I think the Pension should put the information on their website to avoid such complications and think about how to treat customers.

• 6th Aug 2015

Super nice owner who arranged a different room for us than we originally booked when he saw that we were a group. Sadly the street outside of the hostel was really loud (due to a drunk guy shouting all night!) and it was quite hot in the rooms. Other than that it was a good hostel.

Pension Souika is only good for backpackers. The hostel was short on towels. The luggage storage they said they had is only for passports, keys, or other small items. The staff was great in helping plan the excursion to the cascades. My only objection to staying here is that the staff at the reception do not recognize that you bought and reserved the beds from hostelworld. They were trying to get me to pay full price even though I had made the deposit. The price was skewed because the terrace.