Pension Souika Reviews

Hay Souika Drb Kadi alami, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Actually the whole hostel is great, except the hot shower...actually it is totally cold. I know for that price is fine, but the basic thing should be guaranteed, for example, the hot shower in winter.

Location and staff great. Bathrooms kind of awkward. Cold water. Weird dude upstairs in the common room all the time smoking his pipe with glazed over eyes, even at 2am. It's pretty weird.

The vibes at the hostel were good due to the other people staying there. Make sure you say no smoking if you don´t want second hand smoke wafting your way at all times of the day. Location was perfect, but I think if I hadn´t loved Chefchaouen so much the hostel would have really got to me. Never any loo paper and the bathrooms were rank. I did have a good stay though, just don´t expect the Hilton.

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights, we had our own room with 2 beds which made our stay much better than sharing a room with 4 people. The price was super cheap working out at around $10 a night. The wifi was good and the location safe and quiet. The shower was bit dodgy but other than that I really enjoyed this hostel

• 18th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice people great location, but bedbugs and malfunctioning showers.

Nice vibe would stay here again.

Well located, clean, very good value for money.

The showers are a bit busy at certain times of the day, but the rest is good. If you can dont miss the chance to sleep on the roof!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Excellent and friendly atmosphere, I will hopefully be back soon!

• 12th Sep 2014

No hot water for my shower, but the other shower did have hot water. Other than that great place for the money!

It is what it is. Only think was I got hammered with bites on 2 of my 3 nights. Don't think they were bed bugs tho, possibly fleas?

Pros: Location Very authentic Moroccan style Roof terrace and outdoor sleeping potential (although we weren't able to book it online, nor would they swap us) Nice dorm beds Cons: Tricky to find (map wrong on hostelworld), but locals helpful Not the noisy accommodating staff

Enjoyed my time in pension souika. Great atmosphere in the hostel. Always somebody to talk to. Good location right near main square. Only stayed 2 nights and could of stayed a week. Would definitely go back.