Pension Souika Reviews

Hay Souika Drb Kadi alami, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Location and staff great. Bathrooms kind of awkward. Cold water. Weird dude upstairs in the common room all the time smoking his pipe with glazed over eyes, even at 2am. It's pretty weird.

The vibes at the hostel were good due to the other people staying there. Make sure you say no smoking if you don´t want second hand smoke wafting your way at all times of the day. Location was perfect, but I think if I hadn´t loved Chefchaouen so much the hostel would have really got to me. Never any loo paper and the bathrooms were rank. I did have a good stay though, just don´t expect the Hilton.

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights, we had our own room with 2 beds which made our stay much better than sharing a room with 4 people. The price was super cheap working out at around $10 a night. The wifi was good and the location safe and quiet. The shower was bit dodgy but other than that I really enjoyed this hostel

• 18th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

Nice people great location, but bedbugs and malfunctioning showers.

Nice vibe would stay here again.

Well located, clean, very good value for money.

The showers are a bit busy at certain times of the day, but the rest is good. If you can dont miss the chance to sleep on the roof!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Excellent and friendly atmosphere, I will hopefully be back soon!

• 12th Sep 2014

No hot water for my shower, but the other shower did have hot water. Other than that great place for the money!

It is what it is. Only think was I got hammered with bites on 2 of my 3 nights. Don't think they were bed bugs tho, possibly fleas?

Pros: Location Very authentic Moroccan style Roof terrace and outdoor sleeping potential (although we weren't able to book it online, nor would they swap us) Nice dorm beds Cons: Tricky to find (map wrong on hostelworld), but locals helpful Not the noisy accommodating staff

Enjoyed my time in pension souika. Great atmosphere in the hostel. Always somebody to talk to. Good location right near main square. Only stayed 2 nights and could of stayed a week. Would definitely go back.

Go there! friendly staff, lovely kitten, beautiful terrace to spend friendly evenings with music and books, and there s a common computer to use downstairs . Stay on the terrace, it's cheap and fresh + go to buy sandwiches just outside the place on the left, the guy is a lot of fun and the food s great for money

Everyone here was very accommodating and friendly. This was the best hostel we stayed at in Morocco and we were so sad to leave!

Due to the cost of the hostel (being very cheap), I believe the facilities were perfect. There was the option of showers, flushing toilets and the beds were all made. Couldn't ask for more with the price. Location: in the heart of the medina which was fantastic. Easy access to all of the places within the old town. Only a few minutes walk away. The terrace was a lovely bonus, offering fantastic views over Chefchaouen, and perfect for a sunset viewing. Will return here when revisiting the blue!

I got bed bugs. When I told the reception dude he said "oh yea someone came from the hostel next door who might have had them". They did deal with it very quickly after this (took all the mattress' out of the room and began cleaning that night). Also they told me that it was daylight saving and it was an hour earlier than it really was, therefore I missed my bus to Tanger and as I was flyin out I had to catch a 700dirham taxi to the airport. Not cool dudes.