Pension Souika Reviews

Hay Souika Drb Kadi alami, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Staying at terrace aka badly signaled 25 people dorm is disgusting because you sleep on blankets that haven't been cleaned and feel of a thousand travelers. For what you get it's pretty expensive.

Was really dirty. Those bathrooms were never cleaned during our stay (2day). Also 3 bathrooms are very little for minimum 30 guests. The shower was ice cold. And the floor in our room was sticky. And there were hairs of other people in our bad. Also stains. Don't go there. Only advantage is the price which was quite low.

Great location and very cheap, but you get what you pay for. Our room was dirty. The sheets were covered in hairs and stains, the room smelled very strongly of urine as well. No AC at this hostel, so it was incredibly hot. The bathrooms didn't have toilet paper or soap, and one had a pee puddle in it for the entire time we stayed there. Two of the three showers in the hostel are toilet shower combos, so it smells when you shower and the toilet gets wet. iThe staff were not very friendly either.

At the moment I'm sitting on a sofa avoiding the sleep area. The terrace sleeping area I am in fits 3 and we are 4 strangers and it's sooooooo unbelievably hot. Wewould literally be cuddling if I slept up there right now

• 8th Aug 2015

The Pension Souika didn't give us the room we booked. I travel together with a Moroccan friend and it's not allowed to stay together in one room when you're not married. Even though the Pension knew the room was booked for male and female. But for me, the real problem was the way we got treated from the beginning, so very rude. I think the Pension should put the information on their website to avoid such complications and think about how to treat customers.

• 6th Aug 2015

Super nice owner who arranged a different room for us than we originally booked when he saw that we were a group. Sadly the street outside of the hostel was really loud (due to a drunk guy shouting all night!) and it was quite hot in the rooms. Other than that it was a good hostel.

Pension Souika is only good for backpackers. The hostel was short on towels. The luggage storage they said they had is only for passports, keys, or other small items. The staff was great in helping plan the excursion to the cascades. My only objection to staying here is that the staff at the reception do not recognize that you bought and reserved the beds from hostelworld. They were trying to get me to pay full price even though I had made the deposit. The price was skewed because the terrace.

Ok hostel. Good price. Room was musty, as was the bathroom on my floor. Made me a little sick.

The rooms were nice and clean, the cleaning lady does a great job. Couldn't go up to the roof due to the ever present drug haze. Bathroom facilities next to none in quality, keep in mind no toilet paper. But the staff was really nice, and helpful.

Very well located hostel, price is very cheap for a good place. The 25 bed terrace up the top is great, security lockers on demand if worried about belonging. The staff were very helpful even walking us to show the good, cheap restaurants. hard to find, recommend paying a local a small amount (10dh) to show where it is.

Ridiculously low prices for a great hostel

What can I say, the staff were very accommodation, the location was second to none and it was so cheap to stay. They were painting the entire hostel when we stayed and fixing up the common areas. We stayed in a private room and would recommend this to any couples.

Really nice place! Only complaints are that the wifi is iffy and that they aren't many bathrooms!

Rooms was nice and even when the furniture was dated they were spik and spam. They could spend a bit of money on renovation of bathrooms. Staff was verry helpfull and friendly and get a roomservice in a hostel is amazing! Good vibes for backpakkers looking for a cheap and chearfull hostel.