Pension Souika Reviews

Hay Souika Drb Kadi alami, Chaouen, Chefchaouen, Morocco

Well located, clean, very good value for money.

The showers are a bit busy at certain times of the day, but the rest is good. If you can dont miss the chance to sleep on the roof!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Excellent and friendly atmosphere, I will hopefully be back soon!

• 12th Sep 2014

No hot water for my shower, but the other shower did have hot water. Other than that great place for the money!

It is what it is. Only think was I got hammered with bites on 2 of my 3 nights. Don't think they were bed bugs tho, possibly fleas?

Pros: Location Very authentic Moroccan style Roof terrace and outdoor sleeping potential (although we weren't able to book it online, nor would they swap us) Nice dorm beds Cons: Tricky to find (map wrong on hostelworld), but locals helpful Not the noisy accommodating staff

Enjoyed my time in pension souika. Great atmosphere in the hostel. Always somebody to talk to. Good location right near main square. Only stayed 2 nights and could of stayed a week. Would definitely go back.

Go there! friendly staff, lovely kitten, beautiful terrace to spend friendly evenings with music and books, and there s a common computer to use downstairs . Stay on the terrace, it's cheap and fresh + go to buy sandwiches just outside the place on the left, the guy is a lot of fun and the food s great for money

Everyone here was very accommodating and friendly. This was the best hostel we stayed at in Morocco and we were so sad to leave!

Due to the cost of the hostel (being very cheap), I believe the facilities were perfect. There was the option of showers, flushing toilets and the beds were all made. Couldn't ask for more with the price. Location: in the heart of the medina which was fantastic. Easy access to all of the places within the old town. Only a few minutes walk away. The terrace was a lovely bonus, offering fantastic views over Chefchaouen, and perfect for a sunset viewing. Will return here when revisiting the blue!

I got bed bugs. When I told the reception dude he said "oh yea someone came from the hostel next door who might have had them". They did deal with it very quickly after this (took all the mattress' out of the room and began cleaning that night). Also they told me that it was daylight saving and it was an hour earlier than it really was, therefore I missed my bus to Tanger and as I was flyin out I had to catch a 700dirham taxi to the airport. Not cool dudes.

Great location, so cheap for a bed on the terrace and facilities are manageable for a few nights.

Riad-Style Hostel in excellent location frequented by backpackers, stoners and ageing hippies. I stayed in the rooftop tent at 40dh per night and it was a pleasant experience. Good atmosphere created by guests with many evenings spent watching the sunset on Chefchouen from the rooftop terrace. Staff could be a little bit more hospitable. At first it is difficult to locate in the winding streets of the medina but it is well signposted. Beware of the touts nearby. A good, value for money hostel.

best in chefchaouen i think :)

The double bedroom next to the kitchen which i stayed, is totaly wet and desgustig! It is harmfull for the clients! The walls have fungos already!

• 1st May 2014

I like this hostel as much as i like Chefhouen, and i liked it a lot. I was there two times. Great location, awesome atmosphere, amazing staff. This is not a hostel for people who want to spend a wholoe day in a room. I can`t say a bad word about this place, altought i dont expect too much from a place where i`m staing. Just place to sleep, nice people aroud me and thats enough.

• 19th Apr 2014
  • Poland

I was accused of stealing water Also I was mocked by the staff Later after changing hostels I was given the death stare by one of the receptionists (owner?) Kitchen missing a lot of essentials It was o.k. but I definitely would not stay again

Stayed at the hostel's terrace, which was nothing but a bunch of mattress pads (in lieu of mattresses) thrown in the floor one after the other (not even 2 inches apart) with no protection from the wind or the rain. I think homeless people have better sleeping conditions than the ones offered by this hostel. Please never ever book here.

I found the cleanliness of the bathroom and kitchen to be an issue. Hot water didn't always work in the showers, and they flooded badly and stank every time they were used. The staff weren't as friendly or helpful as every other hostel I stayed at in Morocco. They didn't make an effort to make the guests have a good experience. Still, I stayed in a 2 person room and it was clean and comfortable with a lockable door. The roof top was lovely, and the staff were adequate if not friendly.