Pension Stella Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

Best regards to Stella, for your kindnes! It was also nice to see a real greek kitchen :-) -Irene-

George and Stella were absolutely wonderful hosts! I would recommend this hostel to anyone who visits Santorini!

• 29th Mar 2015

George and Stella were so friendly and treated us like family! George made us coffee every morning. I would have loved Santorini no matter what, but my trip was made even better by staying at Pension Stella.

• 19th Mar 2015

I cannot find words to express how positive my stay at Pension Stella was. Firstly, George and his wife Stella were beyond accomodating. From picking us up at the airport, making us coffee each morning, answering all of our questions about Santorini in great detail and advising us perfectly, they went above and beyond to make it an amazing vacation. The pension is in a terrific location, our rooms and linens were cleaned daily, it is very safe and very close to good restaurants and bakeries.

George and stella are RIDICULOUSLY amazing. While a friend of mine and i were there we had the most amazing time and met multiple other people from different hostels and everyone agreed ours was the best, we even convinced someone to switch over to ours! 100 % coming back to santorini and pension stella. Great for any age and any personality type and even made the off season great!

• 2nd Mar 2015

The Island of Santorini is beautiful and I truly enjoyed my time there. The Hosts pick you up and drop you off at either the airport or the port free of charge. They Keep the place in shape and are locals who know the area and have connections. Simple, inexpensive place. Great location Right across the street from the police station and a 15 minute walk to Fira. I felt as if they didn't trust me or treat me the same because I was a younger, solo male. None the less, they were still great hosts.

George and Stella are so sweet and make every effort to make you feel right at home. Would definitely stay here again when the weather is a little warmer!

George is an amazing guy. Super helpful and friendly and truly wants the best for you as a person not as a customer.

George and Stella welcome us with open arms! Amazing location, amazing hospitality. They even cooked a huge, Greek BBQ for the entire hostel on Christmas day, free of charge! Can't recommend them enough. We are so appreciative of their kindness!

Pension is really nice!! The owner personally picks u up from airport and they make u feel at home! Good value for money !! I love ths place and the people would def come again!! Xx bella

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

Great hostel - the friendly owner George does free airport pickup and departure. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and there's Wi-Fi throughout the complex. A bit of a walk to the town of Fira, where you can catch the buses across the lovely island of Santorini. (Not much is open in the winter.)

The hostel owner is a super nice person, picked me up in the airport as well as saw me off. In winter time this island looked like everywhere closed, the owner showed me the bus schedule and drove me to the central bus stop, he also introduced me the local restaurant and bakery where I can try local food with convenient price. And we watched movie too. I had nice memory there, strongly recommended!

Very nice place. Good people. Thank you Stella and George.

We loved Pension Stella :) Geroge and Stella, we're so kind and helpful. If you staff there be sure to e-mail George about your arrival time & he will come pick you up at the port &/or airport.

• 6th Dec 2014

It was a nice clean room. Nothing fancy! Had a bar fridge and kettle allowing me to have my own breakfasts and easy meals. I was originally unsure of the location outside central Fira, I had no problems. It's an easy walk, about 10 minutes with restaurants and a market on the way. George and Stella were great and picked me up and dropped me off at the airport and new port.

Best place to stay. It is a family-owned business and the owners are extremely sweet and very helpful. Super comfy beds and nice hot shower. Breaksfast for €5 is ok if you want to taste Greek flavours (includes Greek yogurt with fresh fruit); if not, there is a nice and cheap bakery 2 blocks away. Just a ten-minute walk to Fira. Really recommend it.

View all Santorini Bed and Breakfasts