Pension Stella Reviews

Karterados, Santorini, Greece

George and Stella are so sweet and make every effort to make you feel right at home. Would definitely stay here again when the weather is a little warmer!

George is an amazing guy. Super helpful and friendly and truly wants the best for you as a person not as a customer.

George and Stella welcome us with open arms! Amazing location, amazing hospitality. They even cooked a huge, Greek BBQ for the entire hostel on Christmas day, free of charge! Can't recommend them enough. We are so appreciative of their kindness!

Pension is really nice!! The owner personally picks u up from airport and they make u feel at home! Good value for money !! I love ths place and the people would def come again!! Xx bella

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Malaysia

The hostel owner is a super nice person, picked me up in the airport as well as saw me off. In winter time this island looked like everywhere closed, the owner showed me the bus schedule and drove me to the central bus stop, he also introduced me the local restaurant and bakery where I can try local food with convenient price. And we watched movie too. I had nice memory there, strongly recommended!

Very nice place. Good people. Thank you Stella and George.

We loved Pension Stella :) Geroge and Stella, we're so kind and helpful. If you staff there be sure to e-mail George about your arrival time & he will come pick you up at the port &/or airport.

• 6th Dec 2014

It was a nice clean room. Nothing fancy! Had a bar fridge and kettle allowing me to have my own breakfasts and easy meals. I was originally unsure of the location outside central Fira, I had no problems. It's an easy walk, about 10 minutes with restaurants and a market on the way. George and Stella were great and picked me up and dropped me off at the airport and new port.

Best place to stay. It is a family-owned business and the owners are extremely sweet and very helpful. Super comfy beds and nice hot shower. Breaksfast for €5 is ok if you want to taste Greek flavours (includes Greek yogurt with fresh fruit); if not, there is a nice and cheap bakery 2 blocks away. Just a ten-minute walk to Fira. Really recommend it.

we were only at pension for a night but i wish we couldve stayed longer. its a family run b&b and the owner is the sweetest man. he came and got us from the ferry terminal and drove us into fira on our first day. he gave us the rundown of the city and drove us back to the ferry terminal when we left. there was breakfast for 5 euro which he personally made for us. i wish we did that looking back. the place is adorable and only a 15 min walk from fira, the main city.

Pension Stella was a really great place to stay. George and his family were really welcoming and helpful and gave us free ice coffee. The pension is about 15 minute walk outside of Fira but is well connected to bus routes and the price makes up for it. The pool and balcony were a great bonus. I would definitely recommend that people stay there!

Stella and George are EXTREMELY nice and VERY helpful. They picked us up from the ferry port and were helped us to book all our activities while in Santorini. We recommend doing the breakfast for 5 Euros. It was very good. The room was spacious and clean. STAY HERE!

the host is very friendly. When my friend disapointed she can't take a bus to red beach, the host, George suggested to take us to a beautiful beach nearby. We'd like to say thank you to george!

George and Stella were the best couple I have met in Santorini

We stayed at Pension Stella for 3 nights in August. George was a wonderful host, he picked us up from the port, dropped us into Fira, made us iced coffees while we relaxed by the pool and dropped us at the airport at 5:30am. The room itself was spacious, had aircon and wifi and was kept nice and clean. The location is a short 10 minute walk into Fira and is very close to a good bakery and supermarket. We felt this was a very good value stay in Santorini made better by great hospitality.

George and Stella are gorgeous! They took such good care of us and made us feel like their children every morning a warm greeting good morning and George helped us book out volcano tour so we could relax by the pool which is lovely! Could not recommend this place enough was such a nice feeling coming home to such a wonderful place every night and dropped us to the airport for free :) thanks George and Stella we love you!

Love it! One of the best place I have ever been! George and Stella are so nice! We arrived 1:00 AM and George pick up us in the port for free, was really nice. Also the place is very clean, the bed comfortable, and the pool is nice. The staff really make you feel like home.

We really enjoyed our stay at Pension Stella. The hosts were very friendly and the place was very clean. It's easy to travel to other parts of Santorini from the bus stop in Karterados so it's good if you want to see many locations on the island.

Excellent place...few minutes walk from the town of Fira. Stella and George were the BEST hosts. They are always attentive and willing to help and give recommendations. Don't be shy to ask them for help...they will give it to you and most of the times go above and beyond to help you. They picked us up from the Port and took us to the airport. Thank you for the hospitality.

View all Santorini Bed and Breakfasts