Pensión Universal Reviews

C/ Las Barcas nº 5 puerta 3 Piso 2º. Valencia, Valencia, Spain

Overall, an excellent hostel. Great facilities, perfect location, and very clean. Staff are helpful when asked questions but you could easily go your whole stay without seeing them, if you are on upper floors. Rooms are good, with a fan included. Only thing that let it down slightly for me was lack of atmosphere. This was partially because of the quiet month but also, communal areas not utilised well ( closed early) and no events organised/encouraged. For a solo traveller like me this sucked!

Really good hostel. I recomand it to everyone.

The room was comfortable and clean. No AC but a large window and a fan made it totally fine. The shower was clean but not made properly (the floor get soaking wet after using the shower. The location was perfect. Walking distance from everywhere

We had a very pleasant stay here, we loved that they changed our towels every day and also the room was cleaned daily. The location is superb, close to everything. Facilities are okay, the only thing that bothered us a bit was that they don't open the kitchen until 9.00 in the morning, which is a bit late - we were leaving at 8.00 and we had to take all our stuff out of the fridge the night before and that is not the best thing to do in this hot weather, But all in in all very nice place!

It was a nice stay! The rooms were cleaned daily, the staff was friendly, and it's in the middle of the city. There are two problems I had: When the cleaners are cleaning the rooms, they left the key ring in the lock in the janitor's closet (opposite side of my room). The problem is that anyone could have stolen any key, but this didn't happen. The other problem was that the bedsheets came off really easily. That was irritating, but I have no complaints about anything else. I'd stay again!

• 24th Jun 2014