Pension Versalles Reviews

Villavieja 3, 2, Alicante, Spain

Miguel the owner is super nice! It's a really basic place but I don't mind that at all. Really close to the beach, restaurants and bars. Wifi worked fine, showers and toilets completely clean, there were heaps of things available to take to the beach (umbrellas, balls, sunscreen etc) and when we arrived we were greeted with a smile! Easy to find and only a €15 taxi ride to the train station. Would definitely stay again!

My room had a small balkony and right next to it there was a wall. On top of the wall there were some shards of glass but I still didn't have a save feeling. Though I guess all the other rooms are better. The kitchen didn't seem to be to clean but it might just be that it was a bit old. If you don't want to really cook you can definitely use ist (fridge was). The owner was really nice. Also I had booked a 4 bed room, first night I was alone, 2nd day he asked me if I want to change in a singel.

• 4th Sep 2014

Very nice place to stay that feels like you are at home. For a little older people, it would be good to supply a handle to stick to the wall of the shower, to prevent them from falling on slippery floor.

• 31st Aug 2014

I've booked a single room at this hostel very accidently, just for one night and I wish I had booked for all days I've stayed in Alicante! The hostel is located in the city centre, but you can't hear any city noise in the bedrooms. The rooms are cosy and clean, the bathroom, kitchen are also okay. There is a wonderful terrace you can have your meal, talk to people and just hang around. The owner of pension is nice, hospitable and cool. I'd definitely stay here again :)

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Lithuania

The hostel was in a perfect location right in the old town of Alicante and the hostel owner, although he didn't speak much English was very helpful. There are parasols and mats available for the beach. The courtyard area was lovely. On the down side there is no air conditioning and the beds were extremely uncomfortable making sleeping quite hard.

• 21st Aug 2014

The character and charm of this place eclipse any possible faults. An amazing place to chill out and experience local beachside Spain.

Not a hugely fussy traveller. Sort myself out mostly. But I arrived here first time abroad. And they host was very friendly. Booked a single room and got it. Kept to myself mostly and explored a lot. Close to everything. Beach, supermarkets, cafés, restaurants. The owner stays on the premises. So it's lights out at 12ish or before. Outside area for eating which is really good. And defiantly not a party hostel. Which was perfect for me. 10/10.

Fair to say this is not exactly a hostel... It isn't bad though, the owner makes you feel at home

The hostel is situated in the city centre, really close to the beach, what is its main advantage. Rooms have enough space for 4 people. There is no AC in the room, but the heat does not go inside due to narrow streets urbanism. Generally I would recommend this hostel, it has excellent value for money ratio. And I shouldn't forget about very friendly stuff.

Great place to stay close to the beach and town only problem is the mozzies.

Great backyard and a good location really close to the beach.

Nestled at the foot of the Santa Barbara and a hop and a skip from the beach, the atmosphere in the hostal was very "informal" the owner was very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were old fashioned, basic but adequate and the rickety stairway and old gate into the courtyard garden added to the "Old Town" feel. The showers were again basic but clean though there only seemed to be two for the whole hostal. Also in a room of four there were only 2 plug points to charge phones/ use hairdryers etc.

Is place is a great pick. Our room was very nicely decorated and the whole place is cute. The stuff is friendly and very helpful. We had a great time there and I would recommend it.

dirty sucio dirty

We were extremely pleased with this pension, and would highly recommend it to friends!

• 1st Jul 2014

The stay in Pension Versalles was really pleasant, you definitely get what you pay for. It is the best place for young people, who want to travel and not to spend a fortune.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Lithuania

A bit hard to find right away but a good location for the nightlife in Alicante. Also, the owner speaks very little English, so knowing some Spanish will go along way.

Just because you were promised a single room doesn't mean you actually get one. And the cut on the price offered therefore doesn't really even that out.

• 13th Jun 2014

The hostel is nice and cozy. But the receptionist doesn'r speak a word in English ! There was no hand wash or bath towel in the hostel though the receptionist confirmed before the trip that they have it !

I've not visited this Hostal for 4 years. But is well worth the monet. Very relaxed and easy going

View all Alicante Bed and Breakfasts