Pension Virgen de la Luz Reviews

c/ Virgen de la Luz, 18, Seville, Spain

I have never been at pension Virgen de la Luz. I booked a double room with a privat bathroom (I made the procedure on Hostelword's site and there were no problems) and THEY GET MY DEPOSIT. The next day they told me they had not the type of room I booked. I asked for my deposit back (I wrote several times to Pension Virgen de la Luz and to Hostelword). I'm waiting for more than a month.... BE CAREFUL TO UNSERIUS PEOPLE!!

• 7th Sep 2014

Gateway to barrio Sta. Cruz, perfect for people travelling with backpack, I stayed there for 3D2N from 1 Sept - 3 Sept 2014, walking distance from Santa Justa Station to everywhere name it, Plaza de España, Cathedral. It's intimidating at first because as I enter nobody was around but there is a contact number you can call if nobody answer at the front, there is a free wifi, room A/C is fantastic bec. it gets very hot in Seville in summer, friendly staffs, cheap bike rent, and drinks available

• 31st Aug 2014

Overall, it did the job that we needed as a couple, with a comfy bed and good air conditioning in a boiling hot city. The staff were very passionate with tons of recommendations for Sevilla, which were appreciated. Checking in and out was very straightforward. No atmosphere of other guests in the hostel if that is your want, and the terrace was inaccessible due to all the washed sheets being hung out to dry!

Pension Virgen de la Luz is a great place to stay if you are looking for a nice, affordable private room. The staff was helpful and friendly, but sometimes not around in the front office. The location of the hostel is very good and within walking distance to all the major sites. They have a secure entrance and are located down a small street which makes for less foot traffic. There are many tapas bars close to the pension.

If we (my woman and I) ever return to Sevilla this is the place we will go. The owner Gustavo makes a big effort to make you feel welcome both at the pension, as well as in the rest of the city. He recommend great place to eat, and to go out to explore the city both day and night. Defiantly made our stay over all much more enjoyable. The pension itself was very charming and clean + the air-condition in the rooms really is pleasant on a warm day/night. Best wishes form Denmark

They took amazing care of us!! Great value for what you pay.

The hotel is good and people are all very nice and helpful , but no cups and hot water in the shower is not stable enough.

We had a really nice stay here. The staff was really friendly, the room was cute and very clean and the location was also very convenient. We would definitely recommend it and if we go to Seville again we would like to stay there again :)

15-20 mins walk from Santa Justa station. Near the city centre. The boss of the hostel is friendly. The hostel is well-decorated. Rooms are not tiny, quite comfortable. Just to be sure that there are wanderers on the streets. Make sure not to let others follow you/lock the front door of the hostel when you enter.

A wicked hostel run by the friendliest people in Seville, highly recommend it

• 24th Jul 2014

The hostal stuff is excellent and very helpfull. Rooms are clean and luxury. I extremely recommended to stay the hostal.

Very well run hostel with a lovely Spanish feel

I had a really nice stay. Lovely place and room. Gustavo recommended excellent sights to visit and flamenco.

It was really fantastic stay, except one thing that some people were very noisy on the roof terrace in the evening. Beautiful guesthouse in great location. Would come back again!

Wonderful stay! It is very cozy with a cute little terrace at the top. A bit of a long walk from the main sights, 20 minutes maybe. The staff was awesome! Thanks to them, I'll make sure I stay here next time I'm in Seville. :)

The terrace at the top of the hostel was beautiful and very peaceful. It was a shame that there was no kitchen, but over all perfectly satisfied with our stay. There are many narrow stairs however, so perhaps not ideal for older travelers or those with any knee problems.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Wales

very clean and tidy. 100%value for money

It was really affordable for a private room, and the common bathroom was very close. The room was clean, and had air conditioning, the only problem being that the only socket was broken, so there was basically no electricity (for recharging laptop, phone, camera etc.). The stairs were very steep and unpleasant, and it was impossible to pay by card even after two days. Nor did the hosts have change even though they knew the card payment did not work. Not a great stay, but good value for money.

very happy with my stay in general

I really appreciated that the owner met me and helped me find a free parking place near the hostel. It is always a bit complicated when in car. Also I was provided a map with recommendations on what to see in 24 hours and where to eat, etc. As I was there for a very short stay, it saved me some time and allowed me to really enjoy the city.

• 19th Jun 2014