Pension Virgen de la Luz Reviews

c/ Virgen de la Luz, 18, Seville, Spain

Pension Virgen de la Luz is an amazing hostel for what you pay. It's reasonably central, has air-conditioning and has a beautiful patio and roof-terrace. The staff were very friendly and my double room en-suite was of a very decent size.

I enjoyed staying there although the Pension was difficult to find at first as it's in a small side street that people didn't know about. The easiest way to find it is to ask for the street 'San Esteban'. and it's off that street near the Plaza St Augustin.

Easy to find location, 15 minutes walk from Santa Justa Estacion. Gustavo (owner) is really helpful and knows the places you should visit. He's a very nice guy. Our bedroom (n°2) was nice, a large double bed and a tiny bathroom, but OK when you stay for 4 days. They provide towels and shower gel. Room is cleaned every day. No breakfast, but just cross the road and you will find a good place (Abaceria Puerta Carmona). You are 10 minutes walk from the places like Giralda and Alcazar.

We stayed in this Hostel during Easter week. The hostel is in a good location ten minutes walk from the centre with good tapas bars near the hostel itself and a free flamenco show around the corner. The staff were friendly and Joseph, on the front desk, was happy to recommend us cheap places to eat and good bars to go to. We had a double ensuite which was basic but cleaned everyday. There is also a computer in the reception which is free. Would 100% stay again.

• 4th Apr 2015

Lovely place to stay, I really enjoyed my time here. It is right beside some lovely restaurants.

Felt really welcome and comfortable here. They looked after our bags after checkout which was great. The room was cleaned each day. Towels included. Very happppy

Very nice place to stay. I feel like you definitely get your moneys worth, especially since it is closer to a budget hotel than a hostel. Fresh towels every day, clean room every day, etc. The staff were very friendly but I just wish the front desk man had been around a bit more. If you are looking for a quieter place to stay, go here! But if you are looking for a social hostel, perhaps this isn't the place for you. Overall, I had a very nice stay here.

Great location... Easy walking to centre of town and local bars... Owners were so friendly and welcoming showing us where to go and eat on the map... The room was cleaned every day and the bathroom was spotless.... We were on the top floor and even tho the stairs were steep even managed this drunk lol... Great place and great value for money ... Would deff stay here again

• 16th Feb 2015

So nice and welcoming. Let us keep our bags there when we traveled for the night. Very informative and would love to return

• 13th Feb 2015

This hostel was easy to find, close enough to the cathedral, many restaurants and bars, and has a great staff. The bed/room was comfortable and we had no problem with our room.

We had a great stay at this hostel! The owner is so nice.. one of my fellow travelers was sick and after we had stayed and checked out he let her back up to rest because she didn't have any where to go.

• 8th Feb 2015

Excellent location and value for the money is incredible. I recommend this place also it has a great staff, his name is Jozef. We spent a lot of time on Sevilla map together :)

I think it's BEST hostel we've ever been for a years. Beautiful and very comfortable rooms, fancy interiors and great location. Staff trusted us to keep both keys while we were staying in the hostel and we have absolutely no problems with getting around thanks to provided directions.

View all Seville Bed and Breakfasts