Pension Virgen de la Luz Reviews

c/ Virgen de la Luz, 18, Seville, Spain

Very nice place to stay. I feel like you definitely get your moneys worth, especially since it is closer to a budget hotel than a hostel. Fresh towels every day, clean room every day, etc. The staff were very friendly but I just wish the front desk man had been around a bit more. If you are looking for a quieter place to stay, go here! But if you are looking for a social hostel, perhaps this isn't the place for you. Overall, I had a very nice stay here.

Great location... Easy walking to centre of town and local bars... Owners were so friendly and welcoming showing us where to go and eat on the map... The room was cleaned every day and the bathroom was spotless.... We were on the top floor and even tho the stairs were steep even managed this drunk lol... Great place and great value for money ... Would deff stay here again

• 16th Feb 2015

So nice and welcoming. Let us keep our bags there when we traveled for the night. Very informative and would love to return

• 13th Feb 2015

This hostel was easy to find, close enough to the cathedral, many restaurants and bars, and has a great staff. The bed/room was comfortable and we had no problem with our room.

We had a great stay at this hostel! The owner is so nice.. one of my fellow travelers was sick and after we had stayed and checked out he let her back up to rest because she didn't have any where to go.

• 8th Feb 2015

Excellent location and value for the money is incredible. I recommend this place also it has a great staff, his name is Jozef. We spent a lot of time on Sevilla map together :)

I think it's BEST hostel we've ever been for a years. Beautiful and very comfortable rooms, fancy interiors and great location. Staff trusted us to keep both keys while we were staying in the hostel and we have absolutely no problems with getting around thanks to provided directions.

Great affordable place in the historical centre of Sevilla; quiet, comfortable - no complaints!

A beautiful little place. I will return :-)

• 8th Nov 2014

the first time we came there, we had rooms on the second floor. To come there we had to climb a very steep stairs. I am 64 and that was not easy with my luggagge. When we came back after twoo weeks we got other rooms on the first floor. This rooms were more comfortable and the staff brought my luggage up and downstairs . The staff was very kindly. When we arrived we got a map of Sevilla, they explained us where we had to go, very nice.

• 15th Oct 2014

Great, clean hostel in a good part of town.Staff were very helpful.

• 10th Oct 2014

Convenient location within 20 minutes walk from train station. Warm friendly atmosphere, with access to restaurants, convenience stores, fruit and veg, and bars. We had the ground floor room which was most appreciated as the stairs become steeper the higher you climb. Free WiFi and access to laundry facilities were also available. The only thing that could improve this accomodation, would be a small kitchen area to make a hot drink.

• 3rd Oct 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved staying here! Amazing value for a private roomAND bathroom. The room and bathroom seemed newly renovated. The owner was very sweet and even took the time to show us some great local spots. It was centrally located so we could walk to all the major sites.

Gustavo was very welcoming, even considering the fact that my flight was delayed and I didn't end up arriving at the hostel until the early hours of the morning! The hostel is well-located, has good wifi connection, is very clean and most of all, great value for money. It is not far from any of the main tourist attractions and you are completely free to come and go as you like.

• 20th Sep 2014

DONT GO THERE! We stayed in a dark room next to the reception on ground floor. The room was clean, but there was a heavy smell of chloride coming from the bathroom. The room had one window towards the street. It was very noisy all night because of the traffic, people passing by and the nearby restaurant. We did NOT sleep ALL night because of the noise and the smell of chloride. Changing to a room on 1st floor was offered. Canceling the 2nd night was not possible, had to pay full price.

• 19th Sep 2014

I wonder how it can be possible that such an awful place had such a high rating! Rooms are so tiny that you can hardly move, they smell of mold and have no windows. We felt like in jail! Walls are thin so it's impossible to sleep cos people keep coming ang going all the night long. Someone even tryed to get into our prison twice at 4am... Matress are older than the rest of the building and basically made of the same material: Gravel. Last but not least we got bitten by BEDBUGS! Never again!

I have never been at pension Virgen de la Luz. I booked a double room with a privat bathroom (I made the procedure on Hostelword's site and there were no problems) and THEY GET MY DEPOSIT. The next day they told me they had not the type of room I booked. I asked for my deposit back (I wrote several times to Pension Virgen de la Luz and to Hostelword). I'm waiting for more than a month.... BE CAREFUL TO UNSERIUS PEOPLE!!

• 7th Sep 2014