Pension Virgen de la Luz Reviews

c/ Virgen de la Luz, 18, Seville, Spain

Great, clean hostel in a good part of town.Staff were very helpful.

• 10th Oct 2014

Convenient location within 20 minutes walk from train station. Warm friendly atmosphere, with access to restaurants, convenience stores, fruit and veg, and bars. We had the ground floor room which was most appreciated as the stairs become steeper the higher you climb. Free WiFi and access to laundry facilities were also available. The only thing that could improve this accomodation, would be a small kitchen area to make a hot drink.

• 3rd Oct 2014

My husband and I absolutely loved staying here! Amazing value for a private roomAND bathroom. The room and bathroom seemed newly renovated. The owner was very sweet and even took the time to show us some great local spots. It was centrally located so we could walk to all the major sites.

Gustavo was very welcoming, even considering the fact that my flight was delayed and I didn't end up arriving at the hostel until the early hours of the morning! The hostel is well-located, has good wifi connection, is very clean and most of all, great value for money. It is not far from any of the main tourist attractions and you are completely free to come and go as you like.

• 20th Sep 2014

DONT GO THERE! We stayed in a dark room next to the reception on ground floor. The room was clean, but there was a heavy smell of chloride coming from the bathroom. The room had one window towards the street. It was very noisy all night because of the traffic, people passing by and the nearby restaurant. We did NOT sleep ALL night because of the noise and the smell of chloride. Changing to a room on 1st floor was offered. Canceling the 2nd night was not possible, had to pay full price.

• 19th Sep 2014

I wonder how it can be possible that such an awful place had such a high rating! Rooms are so tiny that you can hardly move, they smell of mold and have no windows. We felt like in jail! Walls are thin so it's impossible to sleep cos people keep coming ang going all the night long. Someone even tryed to get into our prison twice at 4am... Matress are older than the rest of the building and basically made of the same material: Gravel. Last but not least we got bitten by BEDBUGS! Never again!

I have never been at pension Virgen de la Luz. I booked a double room with a privat bathroom (I made the procedure on Hostelword's site and there were no problems) and THEY GET MY DEPOSIT. The next day they told me they had not the type of room I booked. I asked for my deposit back (I wrote several times to Pension Virgen de la Luz and to Hostelword). I'm waiting for more than a month.... BE CAREFUL TO UNSERIUS PEOPLE!!

• 7th Sep 2014

Gateway to barrio Sta. Cruz, perfect for people travelling with backpack, I stayed there for 3D2N from 1 Sept - 3 Sept 2014, walking distance from Santa Justa Station to everywhere name it, Plaza de España, Cathedral. It's intimidating at first because as I enter nobody was around but there is a contact number you can call if nobody answer at the front, there is a free wifi, room A/C is fantastic bec. it gets very hot in Seville in summer, friendly staffs, cheap bike rent, and drinks available

• 31st Aug 2014

Except for the lack of a lift, and the difficulty of climbing the very steep stairs going up to the rooms or to the open-space rooftop, and the lack of a kitchen/ mess hall, where you can cook and eat your meals (since breakfast/ meals are not included), My Over-All Stay in this hostel was EXCELLENT, and that, I WAS VERY SATISFIED. Definitely, A GREAT VALUE FOR THE ACTUAL PRICE YOU PAY. In fact, I will stay again in this hostel, if and when, I visit Beautiful SEVILLA again. You can't get enough.

Overall, it did the job that we needed as a couple, with a comfy bed and good air conditioning in a boiling hot city. The staff were very passionate with tons of recommendations for Sevilla, which were appreciated. Checking in and out was very straightforward. No atmosphere of other guests in the hostel if that is your want, and the terrace was inaccessible due to all the washed sheets being hung out to dry!

Pension Virgen de la Luz is a great place to stay if you are looking for a nice, affordable private room. The staff was helpful and friendly, but sometimes not around in the front office. The location of the hostel is very good and within walking distance to all the major sites. They have a secure entrance and are located down a small street which makes for less foot traffic. There are many tapas bars close to the pension.

If we (my woman and I) ever return to Sevilla this is the place we will go. The owner Gustavo makes a big effort to make you feel welcome both at the pension, as well as in the rest of the city. He recommend great place to eat, and to go out to explore the city both day and night. Defiantly made our stay over all much more enjoyable. The pension itself was very charming and clean + the air-condition in the rooms really is pleasant on a warm day/night. Best wishes form Denmark

They took amazing care of us!! Great value for what you pay.

The hotel is good and people are all very nice and helpful , but no cups and hot water in the shower is not stable enough.

We had a really nice stay here. The staff was really friendly, the room was cute and very clean and the location was also very convenient. We would definitely recommend it and if we go to Seville again we would like to stay there again :)

15-20 mins walk from Santa Justa station. Near the city centre. The boss of the hostel is friendly. The hostel is well-decorated. Rooms are not tiny, quite comfortable. Just to be sure that there are wanderers on the streets. Make sure not to let others follow you/lock the front door of the hostel when you enter.

A wicked hostel run by the friendliest people in Seville, highly recommend it

• 24th Jul 2014

The hostal stuff is excellent and very helpfull. Rooms are clean and luxury. I extremely recommended to stay the hostal.

Very well run hostel with a lovely Spanish feel

I had a really nice stay. Lovely place and room. Gustavo recommended excellent sights to visit and flamenco.

View all Seville Bed and Breakfasts