Pensione Giamaica

Superb 671 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 671 Total Reviews

6th Sep 2017

The place is right near termini station which is very convenient. There is a bank and lot of highly rated restaurants nearby and small shops for groceries, souvenirs etc. the place looks newly renovated and the bathrooms look like they are cleaned frequently. The front desk staff is extremely helpful and answered all my questions. If you are looking for a quiet hotel room type stay near the center of town I would recommend this place

• USA, Female, 18-24
4th Sep 2017
7.4

Location is a 5-6 minute walk from Terminale, which is great, but the street the hostel is on is not great at night (as solo female). There's construction happening in the courtyard which starts in the morning and is LOUD if you like to sleep in. There's no AC but there is a fan in the room and a fairly large window you can open (but be warned - lots of Romans smoke and you will smell it). Guy who runs the hotel is nice, and the place itself is clean and the room is much larger than expected.

• USA, Female, 18-24
1st Sep 2017

My friend and I stayed for two nights in a double private room and it was great. The host even woke up at 3 in the morning to help my friend call a cab for her early flight - this went beyond our expectations. As other reviewers have mentioned, this is more like a hotel than a hostel - I liked this, but something to consider if you usually look for a social atmosphere.

• India, Female, 18-24
18th Aug 2017

I had a really pleasant stay at Pensione Giamaica. Much helpful host and the location is perfect for use of public transport - 5 mins walk to/fro Roma Termini.

17th Aug 2017

I got a private room and it was very roomy and clean! The guy who was there the whole time was very sweet! He printed everything I needed for my trip even though the printer was his brothers a few blocks away. He was very helpful and sweet. The bathrooms were also very clean and they even made my bed everyday which hasn't happened at a hostel ever. They also let me friend stay in my place for an evening when I was in Positano. Thank you guys!

12th Jul 2017

A great little place! It felt more like a hotel than a hostel but that's not a bad thing. My room was clean. Very close to the train station and despite some concerns, I did not feel as if the area was unsafe. Loved having My own sink in my room. The staff were great. Always said hello and willing to help and answer questions. Overall great stay. I would definitely stay again!!

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
4th Jul 2017

This was the best hostel stay I've ever had in my life! Its location just behind the aroma Termini was ideal and convenient, the place was extremely clean with daily cleaning, and all facilities was working very well. The best part, for me, was the manager, who not only provides you with ample information when you first visit, but continues to help you and greet you like a family member in a home. There's a sudden strike during my stay at Rome, and he helped me navigate it, and call taxi at end.

31st May 2017

This place was great! 4 minute walk from Roma Termini (main train station) so it was really quick and easy to get there from the airport or to/from anywhere else in the city. The staff was extremely nice and helpful, they even printed out our tickets to the Vatican for us and slipped them under our door for the day we were going. Room is nice/clean and the sheets were changed daily which was a nice surprise. Would highly recommend!

• England, Couple, 25-30
28th Apr 2017

Excellent hostel- which actually feels more like a hotel. The rooms are clean and the sheets are changed daily which is brilliant, the owners were friendly and helpful and gave us a gift when we left which was very sweet. The location next to termini is excellent for arrival and departure from the airport, as well as accessing all of Rome's attractions by metro. There are some great bars and restaurants nearby too.

• Serbia, Female, 25-30
26th Apr 2017

Very clean hostel, very friendly staff, quiet good location :) Only I missed curtains in the bathroom...

×