Pensione Giamaica Reviews

Via Magenta 13, 00185, Rome, Italy

Good location, hard to find at first, but when you find it you realize its not that bad (just their directions sucked). Kind of a dark hostel, the lights were always off in the hostel so you'd be walking in darkness till you got to your room. But clean (no shower curtains), and the room was cute clean and small. NO PLUGS, there was two in a room, for a three person room, which kinda sucked and no TV so couldn't use the TV as a charger. But for the price you're paying its good.

Thank you very much. I had a nice trip in Rome and good rest in your place.

The conditions are a bit spartan, but that is quite understandable considering this price category. Otherwise this hostel is a gem - the staff is wonderfully polite and helpful, the rooms are spotlessly clean and the location is just perfect (both quiet and close to the city center and Termini station). Plus - we absolutely fell in love with that old, wooden elevator! Five stars - we will definitely go there again next time.

The owner is a really kind, helpful guy but not overbearing. The place is pretty small, so he's really attentive. The room was very clean and nice, especially considering I paid only ~50 euro per night. It's only a few blocks from Termini so it's easy to get around. I definitely recommend staying here.

• 25th Jul 2014

Great stay, close to the train station and you can walk to all the major attractions. Friendly staff and nice big room !

My stay here was amazing! Such a good location. Great value- I had a room to myself, it was pretty much like staying in a serviced appartment, clean and quiet with a great coffee shop downstairs! You can hear the church bells ring at 7am which might be an issue for some people. Didn't bother me! The owners are lovely and have a beautiful dog too! I'll definitely be back here!

A nice place with a good WiFi for a great price. Good staff

Situated near the main train station which links with both metro lines so it is easy to get around. Shower was in wet room so wasn't very nice as everything got wet- this could easily be solved by a shower curtain. There is a fridge if you want to store food but no plates or cutlery etc. Staff were friendly.

The guy at the reception seemed upset at all times. The location of the hostel is good since it is quite close to Termini Station and metro.

In our experience, it was pretty much just a place to sleep. The guy running it was friendly enough, our room had a sink in it, which saved a couple trips to the shared bathroom, and a life saving fan in the warms nights of Rome. The bathroom was interesting in that the shower had no shower curtain; the whole bathroom was essentially your shower stall (don't worry, it was a one-at-a-time bathroom). The building is probably safer than it looks, and it is just two minutes from Termini Station.

The hostel is very clean and near the station, buses, turist atractions and has easy access to everything you need to know in Rome. You have to leave the hostel at 11, but you can leave your bags there up to 1p.m. It was very niiice and useful It's on the 4th floor and the lift is very old. I got afraid at the first moment but it was ok.

• 11th Jun 2014

Super close to Termini, nice place. Walls are super thin because we got yelled at one night for playing music. Shower's don't have walls. Some people may find it off-putting but I didn't find it an issue at all. We got stuck in the airport without money so missed one night of our booking, the staff was very accommodating and only charged us the days we stayed.

It's a well located, very well priced simple hotel. The staff is friendly, helpful and uncomplicated. The place is clean. It would just be nice if they invested in shower curtains.

• 30th Apr 2014