Pensione Giamaica Reviews

Via Magenta 13, 00185, Rome, Italy

Owner & cleaner were both lovely. Brought us a fan (extremely useful!) & multi-plug adaptor. Shared bathrooms but had sink in room. Very nice rooms. Sheets changed daily. Nearby church bell (?) went off early in the morning- quite annoying. Right next to Termini station so very easy to get metro around Rome (eg. 5ish mins to Colloseum) but keep an eye on your stuff in the station! Would definitely use this hotel again.

The hostel is a bit specific because it's located on the 4th floor and from the first glance looks more like a enormously huge flat rather than a convenient hostel, but it's ok!) I'd like to figure out the cons of the hostel: 1) Wi-fi - it doesn't work properly at all! And when I told about that to the stuff, he told me that it's not their fault but the internet provider)). Apparently I am not satisfied with this answer. 2) Church belling every single morning around 6 or 7 AM - a bit annoying.

Well treated by excellent staff and provided with more than enough information to work my way around the beautiful Eternal city. The location is perfect for those new to Rome as it allows easy access to the main train station (Termini) which is well connected to all tourist locations. I would gladly come back to this hotel again in the future.

A lot quieter and less community-oriented than most hostels I've stayed in, so don't expect to meet up with lots of other travelers to hang out with if you stay here. It's very nice and clean, though, and the owner is great about providing information and recommendations for Rome. I would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you are looking for a quieter atmosphere.

• 18th Apr 2015

If you're like me you like - a clean, private, secure and well-located space - fast wifi - no extra frills... just a room to get some rest after and before exploring the city That's exactly what this place offers, nothing more and nothing less. Owner = very friendly. Location = awesome. Room was very clean and comfortable. The only two things I'd say is that it took quite long for showers to produce hot water. And I couldn't pay by credit card. Overall very happy with this excellent place!

Super clean.