Pensione Giamaica Reviews

Via Magenta 13, 00185, Rome, Italy

Good for the money. + location + cleanliness + stylish elevator :) - no kitchen - shower without curtain or something

Good location, hard to find at first, but when you find it you realize its not that bad (just their directions sucked). Kind of a dark hostel, the lights were always off in the hostel so you'd be walking in darkness till you got to your room. But clean (no shower curtains), and the room was cute clean and small. NO PLUGS, there was two in a room, for a three person room, which kinda sucked and no TV so couldn't use the TV as a charger. But for the price you're paying its good.

Thank you very much. I had a nice trip in Rome and good rest in your place.

The conditions are a bit spartan, but that is quite understandable considering this price category. Otherwise this hostel is a gem - the staff is wonderfully polite and helpful, the rooms are spotlessly clean and the location is just perfect (both quiet and close to the city center and Termini station). Plus - we absolutely fell in love with that old, wooden elevator! Five stars - we will definitely go there again next time.

The owner is a really kind, helpful guy but not overbearing. The place is pretty small, so he's really attentive. The room was very clean and nice, especially considering I paid only ~50 euro per night. It's only a few blocks from Termini so it's easy to get around. I definitely recommend staying here.

• 25th Jul 2014

Great stay, close to the train station and you can walk to all the major attractions. Friendly staff and nice big room !

My stay here was amazing! Such a good location. Great value- I had a room to myself, it was pretty much like staying in a serviced appartment, clean and quiet with a great coffee shop downstairs! You can hear the church bells ring at 7am which might be an issue for some people. Didn't bother me! The owners are lovely and have a beautiful dog too! I'll definitely be back here!

A nice place with a good WiFi for a great price. Good staff