Pensione Ottaviano Hostel Reviews

Via Ottaviano 6 - Roma, Rome, Italy

Okay, while the location of this hostel was amazing and walking distance to the Vatican/St. Peters Sq. it was not worth the stay. Reason being: during my stay at this hostel I had gotten bed bug bites. This was most disturbing and these bites plagued me for the majority of my trip (3 weeks in total). Obviously the cleanliness of this hostel is not up to par. I highly recommend staying else where and taking the metro to the Vatican to save yourself the discomfort.

Bed bugs. I was bit all over my body. Also cover were stained and full of bad odor.

• 14th Apr 2014

when I stayed there,there are some family.they seemed to stay long time.they always complained others,and always selfish.that was incredible i have never experienced in my hostel life.so I never come back this hostel,if they stay there.

This hostel was beautiful. The only complaint I would have is there's some slight noise from the street level but that's bare minimum. The staff were so helpful and friendly and the hostel was in an amazing location and in such a beautiful setting. Thank you for taking care of me!!

Good location (next to vatican), bed was ok, washrooms were fine but they could have been better maintained, shower is common for boys/girls and not very clean, locker was there but I had to take my own lock and I felt it a bit risky. Wifi was very poor, you don't get signals in your room and you can't sit in main lounge all the time where there are only 2chairs. Worst part: extremely noisy in night, I couldn't sleep the two nights properly, so much traffic all night. Overall good for price.

It was incredible! The staff is very nice - they were polite and able to communicate with. If we needed any help, we could just ask them and they would give us detailed information and advice. It's so cheap you would think it's the worst, but it is all very clean and respectable. There are no lockers but it's not a problem when you can buy a cheap lock down town. EXCELLENT!

• 18th Feb 2014
  • Denmark

A few minutes by walking to the saint peter's cathedral and the vatican museums. the place is no to big but i felt it confortable. The girl of the reception is really nice, friendly and helpful.

Our stay here was great! The hostel was in such a great location and we got so much help from Anna. It was great value, and for such a great cost!

I went to Pensione Ottaviano Hostel new year's eve and I left new year's day, one night. I paid for 3 bed dorm but I slept in a 6 bed dorm, I didn't want to start a commotion that day, so I let it go. No breakfast included for that day, the hostel didn't have a 24 hour reception. The location is really good it is really close to the subway station, and really close to saint peter. It doesn't worth to pay more than 15 euros for one night for this hostel. I paid 55.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Greece

This is a shower and a dark, depressing room with cots (not beds) that are so thin that they bend when you lie in them. The "pillows" are literally 1 inch thick. The people who work there do not want to be bothered with ANYTHING. They do not (and wont) help you figure out where anywhere or anything is. A large Estonian girl responded to my question of where were some good places to go with "I am not your mother." I forfieted my last three paid nights there to go to another place.

Is not a bad hostel but I´ve been in betters...Maybe because of the dates I visit Rome (december) the prices were high but I think that it was too much for what they were offering (specially the 31th that was really really expensive) but like I said probably was because of the dates. Is near of the Vatican but you have to walk a lot to get into the center of the city. The girl of the staff was nice but the facilities were not as good as I expected.

Met some great people and shared some amazing memories!

Not the best hostel but you get what you pay for. It is really close to the metro and St. Peter's Square. The receptionist was hilarious and very informative about the area. It's a good place to just crash after a long day of sightseeing.

The location of the hostel is perfect. The staff is very helpful.

• 18th Dec 2013

No 24 hour reception Anyone with a key could have walked in and out without a check. This was also the case for the rooms No one was there to check-out

The people on duty at the hostel were incredibly rude, unwelcoming, and were rarely at or near the front desk. The common area/kitchen is in the lobby and consists of a small table, two chairs, a refrigerator and a microwave making it awkward and difficult to socialize with others. The showers weren't the cleanest but at least there was hot water. The location was good, but I would highly recommend to STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Good location. Key downstairv has to be repair! No heater un the room! Toilets are so close to the shower in the room! For 8 eur what do you expect? For the weekend 23 eur the owner is a thief!!!!!!! Close to Vatican!!!! No respect for backpackers who don't have too much money!!! If you put your money in the church ok but in your pocket no good for you! God looks à you !!!!

I had a very good experience at "Pensione Ottaviano Hostel". The location is just perfect! You can reach the Metro in a few minutes and if you prefer walking, you can reach the downtown in a little more than 35`. The staff is very kind and explaned to me all you need to know about Rome! If it doesnt rainat night, you can go to St. Peter´s square ( only 10 min by walking). That´s priceless!! I met a very nice italian person at the hostel, and we went out to have dinner every night! great people

• 12th Nov 2013
  • Chile

Hostel was friendly, clean and had an good overall atmosphere. The location, right next to the Vatican, was great for our two night stay there. At night the hostel was a little noisy due to the busy road it was next to but we found this in most hostels in rome. Only negative was that there was no kitchen but you can eat cheaply out in the local area.

• 7th Nov 2013

I found disappointing the fact that staff was really rude which is not what you expect of anyways no matter whether you stay in the hotel or hostel politiness would have added value to this place and make the stay more positive.

• 31st Oct 2013