Pensione Ottaviano Hostel Reviews

Via Ottaviano 6 - Roma, Rome, Italy

Location was perfect, can't get any closer to the Vatican, considering there are so few hostels in this area. Facilities were numerous, separate shower from toilets. This was a plus. I commend them for having wifi available in rooms rather than only in the lobby. The rooms were quite roomy and clean. Reception desk usually non-existent unless you call/buzz on them. Felt like you have to do things on your own. No way to buy towels, so be prepared for this. It's quiet inside, not a party place.

We have paid 90€ for one night as for high level hotel. We had to brouth our own towels!!!! The doors were always open and our suitcasess weren't safty. The bathroom were old and dirty. The price should be 15€ for night ...

• 26th Apr 2014

For the budget backpacker it is interesting to see how, for example, Polish and Italian hostels compare. Free breakfast (albeit modest) is almost standard in Poland. Clean bathrooms are a given. 24 hour reception - standard. My stay at this hostel was ok but nothing remotely interesting. No breakfast, limited reception hours and a bathroom where it was up to you to mop up after somebody else. Also, the lock out session is ridiculous. The beds were cheap and rickety. Still better than nothing.

Staff were lovely, its in a good location. But showers could do with an update

• 21st Apr 2014

Okay, while the location of this hostel was amazing and walking distance to the Vatican/St. Peters Sq. it was not worth the stay. Reason being: during my stay at this hostel I had gotten bed bug bites. This was most disturbing and these bites plagued me for the majority of my trip (3 weeks in total). Obviously the cleanliness of this hostel is not up to par. I highly recommend staying else where and taking the metro to the Vatican to save yourself the discomfort.

Bed bugs. I was bit all over my body. Also cover were stained and full of bad odor.

• 14th Apr 2014

when I stayed there,there are some family.they seemed to stay long time.they always complained others,and always selfish.that was incredible i have never experienced in my hostel life.so I never come back this hostel,if they stay there.

1 2 Next » last »