Pensione Sorriso Reviews

via Gavino 4, Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy

Would recommend this to anyone visiting cinque terre. So convenient being right next to the train station, and close to the laundromat as well. The woman was extremely welcoming and kind. Very clean. Best hostel I've stayed at in Italy. The breakfast is a little expensive so just head down to a bar for coffee and pastries instead. Amazing wifi, reached all the way to the train station! Even on a college budget, definitely worth the money.

• 9th Sep 2014

Good but basic accommodation. It is definitely more hostel than hotel - no TV, no air-conditioning, no tea-making, only one 25ml shampoo. Some might find the proximity to the rail line a problem although I lost no sleep. At euro 110 for 2 per night it's very expensive for what's on offer - we also stayed in Milan in good hotels for less - but I guess it's a small supply/large demand issue.

• 9th Sep 2014
  • Northern Ireland
  • Couple, 41+

Great place to stay in Vernazza. We had a semi-private balcony, however there was about 10 loud drunk people on it during our stay. Also, the bathroom gets water everywhere and is shared with many people.

Owners are very nice and accomodating. Breakfast extra but very good. Highly recommend!!

• 27th Aug 2014

The location is really close to the train, which is an added convenience. There are no views of the sea, but you can hear the river stream at night. Our room had a balcony. Standard room. Breakfast is an extra 10 euros, which I thought was extreme. The staff wasn't very welcoming or friendly, but we still managed to have a good time. Cute town.

Very nice pension. Beautiful rooms with nice views en the atmosphere and the staff are very relaxed. We had a great stay!

Easy to find, close to the train station but not close enough for the noise from the trains to keep us up at night. Nice, big clean room, good view, clean shared bathroom.

• 8th Aug 2014

This was a lovely place and the location is perfect for exploring Cinque Terre. It is very close to the train station, which, despite the noise of passing trains, is very convenient. The only "negative" was that there was a lot of commotion in the street in the mornings, but the property itself as well as the staff was excellent and very helpful!

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Norway

In a word awful - the fan squealed the noise outside never ended we had to close the window and never slept for the entire night do not stay here!!! Worse place on entire trip you can hear everyone else in the building as well Don't waste your money especially when there are so many other choices nearby

This was a great place for the money and I felt safe traveling alone!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

This place is literally right next to train station which means you hear the trains run all night! We stayed here two nights and didn't get much sleep due to the noise from the train, uncomfortable beds, and loud ceiling fan. The facilities are decent and we got lucky and had a balcony room but I would not recommend staying here. Overpriced for what you get.

The staff is so sweet and accommodating! They let us use plates when we were having picnics on the balcony (which is amazing, it overlooks Vernazza, we spent a lot of time out on it) there is free wifi in the bar downstairs which is very nice! The rooms are clean and cute! We loved our stay!

Lovely hostel. Perfect location, literally around the corner from the train station. The rooms were plain but comfortable. Luckily we had a fan. There is a nice rooftop terrace at this hostel too. Breakfast was at any extra cost of 10 euro. I think it should be included or at least just 5 euro.

• 4th Jul 2014

This was a nice place to stay in Vernazza. It's very close to the train station but wasn't so close that the trains woke us up or bothered us during the little time we were there during the day. It isn't Exactly in the heart of Vernazza, but that was great - it's a bit lively until late and it was far enough away to minimize the noise. The beds were nice, the room was clean, the shower was nice and the staff were kind. The little boy Martino was very fun too!

We had a great stay. It's a small village on the cliff so I didn't expect anything extravagant. The staff were very very very nice and polite. The whole house is very nice. Rooms are very simple but that's really all you need there. The wifi connection didn't work in the room but it did in the lobby and outside the lobby. I was fine with that too. They let us leave our luggage after the check out until our train departure later that day. Overall, great hospitable people and stay.

• 28th Jun 2014

Very artistic and pleasant decor. Most of the rooms are quiet but on our first night we had one near the train station which was noisy. Very clean facilities - light and airy. For 10 euros you get a great breakfast.

• 26th Jun 2014

Very nice B&B! Close to the station which was great cause I didn't have to go up the stairs with my luggage. In my case the sound of the train didn't bother at all. The room was simple but very nice, super clean, with a comfortable bed and air conditioner. They gave me fresh linens and towels. The only details I'd suggest are 1) to improve the shower to avoid the little bathroom to get flooded when you shower, or maybe to leave something to dry after the shower and 2) to have wifi in the room

Our stay at Pensione Sorriso was absolutely perfect, the best of our entire stay in Italy. We would not change a single thing!!

• 23rd Jun 2014

The location is just perfect (1 minute from the train station). The owners were adorable. The only negative thing was that the front door did not close at all. Only my room had a lock and it was on ground floor so anybody could just walk in the hallway.

The wifi was very inconsistent and didn't work most of the time. The owner doesn't know that much English either. The location was right next to the train station which was convinent. This bed and breakfast is also in my favorite of the 5 towns.

• 23rd Jun 2014