Pensione Sorriso Reviews

via Gavino 4, Vernazza, Cinque Terre, Italy

What a wonderful little place tucked away in a beautiful town! It's a bit close to the train but that didn't bother my friend and I at all but might bother others. Francesca helped me arrange a little surprise for my friend's birthday which was already in her room upon arrival! We had such a lovely time and even though you can't see the water from where we were the rest of our view was just as beautiful. Thank you for your hospitality! Would definitely stay again!

Clean quiet spot in the village. Had some language/communication challenges with the owner but nothing that couldn't be overcome. would stay here again

Close to the train station in a beautiful village. Wifi not available in rooms was an inconvenience. Breakfast not included

Water for shower suddenly very hot suddenly cold difficult to control

Excellent as a base to explore 5 Terre. We chose this place because it's less than 100 ft from the train station. We had 2 big luggage and didn't want to lug them everywhere. You can literally run to the station if you see it coming, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's a bit old but very clean. Room is wee bit tiny. There's a basin in the room, and we shared the bathroom with 2 other rooms (which were vacant).

• 26th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Staff were fabulous and quick to respond to any questions or issues. Vernazza is quite small so any location would be good really but this B&B was directly next to the train station (so close I could still access the wifi when waiting for the train) and far enough away from the restaurants and shops that you wouldn't be bothered by noise. Also very close to the post office. Wifi could only be used in the downstairs bar area and didn't connect in our room. We had a great stay and would recommend!

• 23rd May 2014

We loved Cinque Terre, and Pensione Sorriso especially. We went to sleep each night to the sound of the little stream outside our window and the occasional love-sick cat, and woke to the sound of the church bells. It was magical. I worried a bit about the sharing of the bathroom, just because that was a new concept for us, but it worked just fine. Pensione Sorriso was far enough off the main street to be quiet and peaceful, but downtown Varnasse was just a few steps away. We were delighted.

• 21st May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The room had a private ensuite and comfortable bed. It was clean and cheery. The downside is that internet only works in the reception area which is across the path from the building where the bedrooms are located. Not a problem for a one night stay, but a pain if staying longer. Staff are friendly but not overly so. Really only saw them at check in and check out. Upside, it is a two minute walk from the train station and there are no stairs to drag heavy bags up.

Very nice and reasonable price for one night-- exactly what we were looking for! Couldn't have asked for more! The only downfall was that the wifi only worked in the lobby and the lobby closed every night at 9 PM. There is a nice breakfast but you have to pay extra.

The hotel is very simple, but it is clean and the location is excellent. It is located near the train station and is a three minute walk (the town is very small) to the water down the main road. There was an excellent balcony off the room, and the staff was very friendly if a bit absent.

• 11th May 2014

Truly enjoyed our stay here. Everything was very well taken care if, clean, and great location with awesome terrace. Our hosts were helpful and welcoming.

• 4th May 2014

I live in a big city and am used to noise at night but the train is very very loud. Also the shower overflows into the rest of the small bathroom.

Very simple, but clean, comfortable and convenient location in a charming town.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Couple, 41+

wonderful location, close to all amenities and hiking path. Tidy room and shared bathroom. Nice terrace for afternoon drinks or brunch. Close enough to train station so you don't have to haul your luggage too far, but fairly quiet .

• 18th Apr 2014

My friends and I stayed at hotel Pensione Sorriso for 3 nights! It was absolutely beautiful! The location was perfect, right next to the train station and close to everything in town! The hospitality was impeccable! We enjoyed a morning cappuccino from the bar! I will most definitely be staying here on my next journey to cinque terre!

• 17th Apr 2014

its a pleasant place to stay. nicely decorated room and bathroom, fresh and clean. all necessities provided. warm and friendly hosts, very helpful. very close to the railway station and main street but still in the quieter part of town. wifi worked well only in the lobby, not in the rooms. buffet breakfast available but not included in room price. pretty pricey at 10€ per person. would recommend to go out for breakfast and coffee. the pirate cafe nearby is a great option!

Everyone there was extremely nice and welcoming--I especially appreciated the assistance during the train strike. I also liked that it was quiet and little further from the ocean.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Japan

We had a great stay at Pensione Sorriso. Three friends and I stayed for one night in two rooms directly next to each other. It was a warm night, and they had a ceiling fan in each room. We had our own sink, but the restroom was located just across the hall, one toilet, one bidet and a shower. It was a shared restroom, but one that was kept very clean. The view from our window was absolutely beautiful, a lovely green hillside. The train was not too loud, location was perfect. Thank you! :)

• 11th Apr 2014