Penthouse Hostel Reviews

Koryun str.5, apt 33a, Yerevan, Armenia

I was put in a different hostel due to overbooking. The staff was extremely friendly! Overall a great experience from Erevan!

“A great hostel' One of the best hostels that I had ever stayed. It is located in a convenient location, safe and clean. 5 minutes walk from metro station Eritasardakan, on Koryun street. It is cosy and clean. There is good wifi in common area. The English speaking staff are friendly and helpful, on duty 24/7. With its cheap dormitory bed price. There is a hair drier and washing machine and delicious breakfast. Of course the wonderful view of Mount Ararat from the hostel's balcony.

• 6th Aug 2014

Fantastic location, and it's easy to meet people. If you go there when the weather in Yerevan is OK, stay here! But when I was there it was very hot (39 C). There is no airco, and the hostel was overbooked. People sleeping on couches, matrasses everywhere. I stayed with 11 people in what was supposed to be a 8 bed-dorm. Staf was mostly helpfull. But when someone threw up all over in one of the two bathrooms, nobody could clean it. Bad experience, I decided to leave earlier than planned.

Great hostel, would especially like to thank the weekend staff while we were there, who helped us with all kinds of information and tips about Yerevan. Rooms are clean and lockable, although not the best ventilated - it was hot at night. Toilets and showers were fine, wifi was good when it worked but quite unreliable at times. Washing machine available, with washing line outside. Location is just a walk away from the city centre. Shop, ATM and restaurant very close. Would definitely stay again!

One day we had a really bad breakfast (stale frosties and milk) and nothing else. Next day the breakfast was just OK.

The value was excellent and the view from the hostel are second to none. I would definitely come back. The hostel staff, while very kind, was rather annoyingly pushy to get you to pay. You can either pay when you get there, or pay when you leave, but they insisently pester you to pay in the middle of your trip which isn't very pleasant. The room was fine, except I found the mattress rather uncomfortable and they squished 9 people into what was advertised as an 8 person room. Otherwise great.

• 1st Jul 2014

The most helpful hostel staff ever!

I had a great stay (well, two stays) at the Penthouse Hostel, with my 14-year-old son. The position is central, and very near a metro station. The staff are extremely helpful and bend over backwards to help guests out (early breakfast, baggage store, transport info., etc.) The hostel has all usual facilities. Extremely satisfied.

Excellent hostel, great location, very clean, amazing view of Ararat and the city, some lovely ladies working at reception, free breakfast, and the greatest shower I've had abroad ever!

Great stay and great people. Felt at home from the very beginning!

• 3rd Jun 2014

Very friendly and homey hostel with a great view!

I was staying at Penthouse hostel for the third time and since my first visit my opinion hasn't changed - this is a great place to stay in Yerevan. When you arrive there you quickly become one big family with other guests from all over the world, staff and the owners. And this atmosphere is what I like most about the hostel. But there're lots of other advantages such as location, comfort and marvellous view from the balcony. Just go and try yourself!

Nice, clean and cheap hostel. Good location, few steps from metro station. Staff is very friendly. One weakness - water boiler sometimes didn't work correctly.

We had a really great stay in the hostel! The staff is sweet and very welcoming. it is quite close to the centre, location is awesome. atmosphere is very friendly and relaxing. Good breakfasts and splendid view on Ararat. Thumbs up for it, highly recomended!