Penthouse Hostel Reviews

Koryun str.5, apt 33a, Yerevan, Armenia

Great hostel! Staff was very willing to help plan day trips and organize your schedule so that you got the very best. Only issue is we couldn't pay by credit card when it said they accepted it

Excellent staff who are very helpful, amd always cheerful. A+

We stayed here two times for 5 nights and it was very pleasant. There was a problem with booking for one night so we had to move to another room. But we got a discount and nice presents for that. Good solved uncomfortable situation.

• 20th Sep 2014
  • Czech Republic

I was put in a different hostel due to overbooking. The staff was extremely friendly! Overall a great experience from Erevan!

“A great hostel' One of the best hostels that I had ever stayed. It is located in a convenient location, safe and clean. 5 minutes walk from metro station Eritasardakan, on Koryun street. It is cosy and clean. There is good wifi in common area. The English speaking staff are friendly and helpful, on duty 24/7. With its cheap dormitory bed price. There is a hair drier and washing machine and delicious breakfast. Of course the wonderful view of Mount Ararat from the hostel's balcony.

• 6th Aug 2014

Fantastic location, and it's easy to meet people. If you go there when the weather in Yerevan is OK, stay here! But when I was there it was very hot (39 C). There is no airco, and the hostel was overbooked. People sleeping on couches, matrasses everywhere. I stayed with 11 people in what was supposed to be a 8 bed-dorm. Staf was mostly helpfull. But when someone threw up all over in one of the two bathrooms, nobody could clean it. Bad experience, I decided to leave earlier than planned.

Great hostel, would especially like to thank the weekend staff while we were there, who helped us with all kinds of information and tips about Yerevan. Rooms are clean and lockable, although not the best ventilated - it was hot at night. Toilets and showers were fine, wifi was good when it worked but quite unreliable at times. Washing machine available, with washing line outside. Location is just a walk away from the city centre. Shop, ATM and restaurant very close. Would definitely stay again!

One day we had a really bad breakfast (stale frosties and milk) and nothing else. Next day the breakfast was just OK.

The value was excellent and the view from the hostel are second to none. I would definitely come back. The hostel staff, while very kind, was rather annoyingly pushy to get you to pay. You can either pay when you get there, or pay when you leave, but they insisently pester you to pay in the middle of your trip which isn't very pleasant. The room was fine, except I found the mattress rather uncomfortable and they squished 9 people into what was advertised as an 8 person room. Otherwise great.

• 1st Jul 2014

The most helpful hostel staff ever!

I had a great stay (well, two stays) at the Penthouse Hostel, with my 14-year-old son. The position is central, and very near a metro station. The staff are extremely helpful and bend over backwards to help guests out (early breakfast, baggage store, transport info., etc.) The hostel has all usual facilities. Extremely satisfied.