9.3
Superb 176 Total Reviews
9.3
Superb 176 Total Reviews
Penthouse Privates Located at Kiraly Utca 56, 4/1, , Budapest.
Hungary
Budapest 1073 Kiraly Utca 56, 4/1
93% 176
47.5026392 19.0637080
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Sep 2016
8.0

Lovely stay at the hostel, great location and comfortable. They give advice on what to do and where to eat. Lovely staff, but they aren't always there. This wasn't a problem, until the explosion down the road. I rang the manager, as the street outside was being cut off and others nearby were being evacuated. She was rude and basically laughed at me for calling, I would have thought you'd be more concerned for the welfare of your guests. Others in the hostel were really quite scared.

• New Zealand, Couple, 18-24
18th Sep 2016

Amazing hostel. BEWARE THE STAIRS. There's a lot. The facilities were fantastic, and we had an awesome room. Big and spacious, big bathroom, very good value for money! The staff were great! Even stayed up for us to check in, even though they were meant to be done and we hadn't emailed. Would definitely return!!

15th Sep 2016

For a couple not looking to be a part of any party atmosphere, this place was just perfect. Quiet, clean - the staff (Snowflake!) was exceptionally helpful and accommodating. The hostel is nicely located with easy access to everything. Like others have commented on, the stairs are quite annoying - it's a loooooong way up those stairs when you've just spent many hours walking all over the city.

• canucks2k
  • Canada, Couple, 31-40
9th Sep 2016

This was the perfect hostel-hotel hybrid with private rooms that felt like a hotel, but still that hostel vibe and facilities. Nuggy was awesome and helped us book several events (day time and nightlife events) during our stay. This is a great place that I would recommend for couples, but there are also solo rooms for solo travelers who want their own space. Plenty of bathrooms, clean facilities. Nightlife is great when they meet up with the other Budapest Party Hostel chains.

• Czech Republic, Couple, 18-24
24th Aug 2016

The staff from the Penthouse Privates Hostel are very friendly and helpful, always treated us with a smile and good advice. We enjoyed our stay thoroughly. Ideal for young couples, we had a lovely double bed private room with our own bathroom. We didn't use the shared facilities (kitchen, common room) that much, but they're more than sufficient for just about anyone.

• Finland, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Aug 2016

I really recommend this hostel! The staff was awesome, super friendly and helpful and we got so many good tips from them! The location is also great, everything is within a walking-distance. The room was clean, light and the beds were comfortable. I would come here again!

11th Aug 2016

Excellent hostel. Very clean and the private rooms were a nice break from the busy dorms. The only thing to note is the atmosphere is quieter here but they are come creed to the other party hostels and always have events on. Would definitely recommend and stay again!

• USA, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

Staff was awesome! Only major complaint was the shower - the water pressure was nonexistent and you had to hold the shower head. The water cut out a couple of times (not just the hot water but all water). Otherwise, awesome hostel! Highly recommended.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
9th Aug 2016

Penthouse, what else can I say but THANK YOU. All kinds of awesome! My friend and I stayed during Sziget week and i¨m pretty sure the place kept us alive. Located in such a prime position, it is close to all the bars, supermarkets, restaurants - and basically anything you really need in life. Big shout out to the staff Rubs, Nugs and Bmo. SO helpful, they give you a detailed map reading of the city (which is pretty rare) with all their recommendations to suit your needs.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

I had a great time while staying at Penthouse privates and I found the staff were all willing to go above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable. From helping me plan my day to day activities to doing my washing they were always helpful and prepared to help me make the most of my trip! The hostel it self was always clean and tidy (cleaned every morning) and rooms were private and very nice to sleep in, my room had a ceiling fan and a stand alone one. My sty in Budapest was great cause of penthouse