Penthouse on long Reviews

6th floor 112 Long Street, Cape Town, South Africa

My stay from 26-31 May was really great (met some cool people and had some good rest) until the night of 30th, which is a friday night. The place turned into hell. Due to the weekend, people got drunk in the bar upstairs and gone crazy in the hostel. They were shouting and making so much noise which woke me up from my sleep several times (some were the hostel's staff). I was even cursed at when I asked them to slow down. My advice? Avoid staying over the weekends.

• 26th May 2014
  • Malaysia

The fire escape is permanently locked with a security gate and there are only a few signs indicating the way there. I believe that in a emergency situation this can become a major problem.

• 15th May 2014
  • South Africa

No comments

Nice hostel, pretty clean and good staff. When I arrived the star member from Brazil recommended a tour that was really good. Kitchen is large and decently stocked. Wifi was fine. As hostels go it's by no means the best one ever but it was fine for a couple of night to see the city. Some guys hang around the street entrance and feels very dodge, would not want to be out there alone after dark.

Slept in the large dorm room, thought it would be a lot noisier than it was. Had a few nights good rest. Wifi is a solid connection. Close to bars on Long Street if you're looking to throw a few back.

I think overall this was a really nice hostel to stay in. I stayed in the 22 bed dorm for 6 days. They helped me book day trips and I liked the idea to have a whiteboard for the guest to put up there own activites (we climbed mountains one day for an instance). The lockers in the door was big and I felt secure leaving all my stuffs there when doing day trips. The WIFI was good. The only negative I can think of was the opening hours of the pub on the roof. Could have been open longer :).

Great hostel, with very helpful staff. Right in the heart of Cape Town.

Comfy beds, reading light, power points, air con in the room and good security. Dorms were Nice and quiet! Didn't hear any of long street or the amazing roof too bar. Outsiders are allowed in the bar, so everything stops whilst they get kicked out which is ridiculous and causes inevitable conflict. Stupid rule. Make it for backpackers only or have it for both! Other than that, awesome place in a fantastic location!

Pro: 1) The Rooftop has an excellent view of the city and will please a lot of the young travelers. 2) Situated in a relatively safe neighborhood of Cape Town Con: 1) very very Noisy dorms 2) filthy bathrooms 3) disinterested staff Overall: Good place to stay if you like to party and hang out with a young crowd but if you want to relax, it is definitely not the right place I believe

The Service staff sucks, one person is impossible and she is very angry all time, i never could find my breakfast at time

• 15th Jan 2014
  • Colombia

Good location, at the begging of Long street few meters before the noisy part of Long starts with all the bars. Friendly staff and really nice bar at the roof. WiFi only available in common area.

The best hostel i have ever visited. Friendly, clean and an awesome atmosphere! Thank you very much for a great time!

Staff of Penthouse on long backpackers are very helpful and funny, special thanks to Cathy who helped me out with the booking for paragliding! it was such fun :) location is good, bed is comfy and little rooftop bar is marvellous!

• 30th Nov 2013
  • Hong Kong

Nothing wrong with the hostel, but not that much of community feeling here..

Had a very nice time with this Penhouse on Long Hostel. The staff was very friendly and gave me the feeling to be at home. Thank you Noelline, Cathy, Duncan and all the others.

Nice Hostel with excellent location on Long St. The roof terrace is quite spectacular, good place to chill out in good weather conditions. They have an excellent bar there too. Rooms are very nice (we stayed in two different double rooms), individually themed. Plenty showers and bath rooms, well equipped kitchen & helpful staff on any touring or travel needs. Great place, will go there again.

The staff was super helpful in booking tours, finding restaurants, etc. Great location on Long Street. Really enjoyed our stay!

• 7th Sep 2013

i love the kitchen~ i love living there because i felt very relaxed and home~

• 11th Aug 2013
  • Hong Kong

Great! Thank you :)

Not a bad place but they need to invest in some general upkeep and maintenance. We booked a double room and had several problems with the space (dryer running all night in the room next door, people smoking outside on the balcony at all hours making the room smokey, sink wouldn't drain, pipe broke in the bathroom). However, the staff did their best to try and fix these problems and make our stay as comfortable as possible. Eventually we were moved to another room and had no additional problems.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7