Pentlands Backpackers Hostel Reviews

22 Pentland Avenue, Mt Eden, Auckland, New Zealand

Great amazing kitchens and bathrooms. Good atmosphere too.

Thank your your kind comments. We glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe traveling.

Great hostel in good location. Close to buses to city and supermarket. Kept clean by friendly staff and good facilities on site.

Great place to stay for a couple nights. The wifi wasn't worth the money, it didn't work outside of the door on the porch

We are happy you enjoyed the stay at our hostel we like to call home away from home. We have WFI full overage inside the hostel but as we have a large outside area, it may not be possible at some places. Safe travelling.

Really enjoying my stay here. A very homely feel to the place and some nice views from our balcony and the deck. Staff are very friendly and get along well with them socially. The hostels been more or less fully booked most of my time here, but there's always space in the kitchen or tv room to chill out. Would recommend, especially to those looking for a a extended stay.

stayed for 2 nights, a friend and I woke up with bites over the second night.

We clean the hostel so much that people sometimes say this is the cleanest hostel we have ever been to. The rooms are cleaned every time the guests check out or at least a few times in the week.

My room was located near the busy and noisy receptıon...bed was uncomfortable and sleep hard to get..so not happy about that....

• 3rd May 2014
  • New Zealand

We try our best but we can only help you if you can come and see us at the reception if you have a problem. We hope next time if you have a problem, you would please come and see us and we can put you into another room of your choice so that you are happy.

Very clean and tidy. Very quiet location and good to get a great nights sleep. It's thee only hostel that changes and makes your bed for you on a weekly basis that I've stayed at in the last 2 years - New Zealand/Australia. Great staff and a good opportunity to meet some great travelers/everybody was really friendly and made it home like. I'm very that I picked this hostel to stay at when in Auckland! :)

• 22nd Apr 2014

Small, clean house in a nice suburban neighborhood, walking distance from two main streets and buses. Definitely lines for the bathroom in the morning, since there are only 5 toilets (and 4 have showers with them in the same room). It's very basic, as they don't even offer tea or coffee in the morning. Also, no free internet, but that's standard for NZ. It's quite basic, but also a nice quiet place to start your journey in NZ.

We give you choice to stay with us at best rates for beds and internet or chose to stay at another hostel and pay higher prices for beds and internet and get free tea if you think it is worth it. Happy Travels.

There was a muck up with the bookings. I was told only the third in 7 years. Anyway I ended up at another Hostel for the First Night. That was OK. Stuff does happen. Nice people, not too intrusive, nor should they be. I liked the Bathrooms. Nice Dining Rm/Kitchen...met some lovely people. The Night Light outside my window should have been switched of. The Double Hung Window in my room had no holes on the side mouldings where I could secure it open at night. The drain in the carpark was blocked.

• 18th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Thank you for staying with us. Yes most of our guests say that this is the hottest and the best showers we had in all of New Zealand. Happy traveling and we will see you again.

always beings cleaned which was nice to see! Need more lockers though!!

Bad: If you choose that hostel you know that you have to get in town by bus. No Wifi. Good: great bathroom like home. Good kitchen. Vans can stay there for cheap price. Terrasse. Huge living room with lots of movies. Free phone.

Yes we do have WIFI and it is one of the cheapest in New Zealand hostels and only $2 for one hour of unlimited internet at any one of our computers.

Great hostel, great kitchen. Very clean. I really liked the MASSIVE tv in the common area! It's a bit out of town but the local bus passes very close by and is a quick trip into the centre

Thanks for being grateful, thanks for staying with us Peter. Keep smiling, be happy. Will see you again.

You have to pay for internet , that was the only bad thing.

Internet is expensive in most parts of New Zealand but we do have one of the cheapest rates. You can get; 300MB for $2; 1GB for $5 and $3GB for $10. New Zealand is being upgraded to a better internet at present.

Perfect to stay! Clean, friendly...

Thank you for staying with us. It will be great to see you again. Keep that smile on smiling.

Excellent quiet place, I have stayed here more than once and I am made to feel welcome by Vinnie every time. It would be nice if they had more toilet bathroom facilities in the morning to avoid queues. Other than that, I am very happy there and will stay there every time I visit Auckland!

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are glad you have enjoyed staying with us and we will see you again. Happy traveling.

Nice, clean and friendly. If you want something away from the centre of Auckland and the big chain hostels this is quite a nice place. Just a shame about the lack of toilet facilities separate from showers, ment cueing for a while to just use the loo in the morning.

Would recommend this place if you like a chilled out atmos, the garden is a great addition to a hostel and perfect for sunbathing. The place is nice and clean and the price is very fare. The internet is a bit of a joke but if you've been in NZ long enough you will know this is the case everywhere! Its nice and close to shops and you can get discounts at a few places if you tell them you're from the hostel. Great place! A+

• 26th Feb 2014

Wonderful time!

Location was fine if you have a car, but it's not near central Auckland. Walking distance from a few streets full of restaurants and bars. Quiet atmosphere and comfortable beds make for a good night's sleep.

well appointed and friendly hostel

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7