Penzy Guesthouse Reviews

37/75 Moo 3, Soi Fuji Japanese Restaurant, Chaweng Beach, Koh Samui, Thailand

Our room was cleaned every day really good but the towels could be replaced more often. The furniture was old and so was the bathroom. It is a tidy cheap place to stay a couple of days but I would'nt recommend a longer vacation cause we didn't enjoy the atmosphere at that place. It is very sterile and cold. It is a 15 minute walk to the public beach entrance if you don't want to cut through the hotel area like the staff tells you to. A bottle of water should be provided each day.

Well, I will start this review saying that you won’t be more welcomed in a hostel than at Penzy’s. Penzy and David by themselves make the staying worth it. Penzy took care of literally everything for me: boats, taxis, bike rent, tours etc. The location is good, a little bit far from the party part of Chaweng beach (15 to 20min walk), but just 2 min walk from the beach if you go across the resorts, which is quite normal. The place is very clean, organized and safe.

This place is more like a guesthouse/hotel with no breakfast. The rooms are awesome for the price, big bed, spacious and clean, good location in a side street of Chaweng beach road. Penzy and her husband are just amazingly friendly and helpful, giving tips for everything (where to eat, location of everything, full moon party tips and so on), tours with discounts and just sharing nice stories. I found my home in Koh Samui :)

Very nice place to stay. Penzy is an awesome host!

Had a great stay here. Will definitely return at some point in the future.

Staff were lovely, helped us with all our queries and arranged our onward ferry for us. Room included air conditioning, a safe, a tv and a mini fridge so was definitely worth our money! Would thoroughly recommend a stay at this guesthouse.

Huge thanks to Penzy and David for their hospitality. I booked Penzy Guesthouse during the Full Moon Party period. Penzy and David were extremely helpful in helping us to book the boat rides to Koh Phangan and giving us tips on what to bring to the party. Security is a main concern for me and I never felt unsafe or felt that my things were at risk of being stolen at Penzy's. The hostel was also very clean and definitely worth the money paid for it.

View all Koh Samui Bed and Breakfasts