People Hostel Reviews

Rua dos Jer�nimos, 16, Lisbon, Portugal

Really awesome place - the only real issue is the location, since it's in Belem, which is abt 20 minutes from the center via public transport (obviously great for seeing Belem though). Other than that the place is cozy and welcoming, with an awesome outdoor terrace, friendly staff and a great atmosphere in general.

Very nice and chill place.

• 8th Jul 2015

The rooms had no locks, the staff could speak English, the toilets had broken doors and the rooms were cramped. We were accommodated in a more bedded room than booked for and the reason provided was that two beds had no guests. But the empty beds made the room cramped.

There was no key to lock the room. There was no paper in any toilet and no soap neither. The guy at the reception told us that we could have breakfast earlier the next morning because we were leaving early for a flight, but there was nobody at the reception in the morning exept a guy sleeping on the couch that didn't even speak english. And, The bed wasn't clean at all.

Não tenho reclamações, Tudo funcionou perfeitamente. I don't have nothing to complain, Very friendly staff. I'd go back again. Everthing worked well.

• 13th Apr 2015

Not a single sign that it was a hostel outside. No locks on any doors, including bedrooms and bathrooms. No toilet paper or soap anywhere. At night there was passed out drunk people in every one of the 2 stalls for the whole floor in the women's. The men's was clogged and disgusting. I don't think the sheets were changed. The pillowcase was so dirty and full of hair. Didn't even use it. Generally very dirty and disorganized. But it was only 10€ so I guess you get what you pay for.

I stayed in Hostel People 3 nights. The very first minute I came there were problems, because they accepted the reservation while not having any beds. To solve that was very difficult, as staff spoke very poor english. Finally I got the bed. I could get the key to the locker, because some where taken and they lost the rest - they offered me to leave my valuable staff in the deposit instead. Next day, after I returned, my things were gone and they told me, that they just moved it to other room.

Thoughtfully designed, but apparently for much less people than are actually accomodated. The 4-bed dorm was super tiny, bathrooms were constantly flooded from the 2 showers, and usually no toilet paper; the breakfast room was so packed with tables and chairs that it was hard to get inside. One evening there was a really strange person in the reception (apparently not regularly working there) who refused to communicate (at least in non-portuguese) and acted agressively. Other staff was friendly.

The staff was not very friendly. There was.no elektricity when we arrived and they couldn't provide us any light. The first day the shower was cold and there was no toiletpaper in the bathroom. The hostel is ok if you don't mind these things.

• 19th Mar 2015

There wasn't any way to lock the locker, there wasn't any place to put my clothes inside the shower box, so i need to change out of it but the door of the toilet opened all the time, The staff wasn't nice.