People Hostel Reviews

Rua dos Jer�nimos, 16, Lisbon, Portugal

There was no key to lock the room. There was no paper in any toilet and no soap neither. The guy at the reception told us that we could have breakfast earlier the next morning because we were leaving early for a flight, but there was nobody at the reception in the morning exept a guy sleeping on the couch that didn't even speak english. And, The bed wasn't clean at all.

Não tenho reclamações, Tudo funcionou perfeitamente. I don't have nothing to complain, Very friendly staff. I'd go back again. Everthing worked well.

• 13th Apr 2015

Not a single sign that it was a hostel outside. No locks on any doors, including bedrooms and bathrooms. No toilet paper or soap anywhere. At night there was passed out drunk people in every one of the 2 stalls for the whole floor in the women's. The men's was clogged and disgusting. I don't think the sheets were changed. The pillowcase was so dirty and full of hair. Didn't even use it. Generally very dirty and disorganized. But it was only 10€ so I guess you get what you pay for.

I stayed in Hostel People 3 nights. The very first minute I came there were problems, because they accepted the reservation while not having any beds. To solve that was very difficult, as staff spoke very poor english. Finally I got the bed. I could get the key to the locker, because some where taken and they lost the rest - they offered me to leave my valuable staff in the deposit instead. Next day, after I returned, my things were gone and they told me, that they just moved it to other room.

Thoughtfully designed, but apparently for much less people than are actually accomodated. The 4-bed dorm was super tiny, bathrooms were constantly flooded from the 2 showers, and usually no toilet paper; the breakfast room was so packed with tables and chairs that it was hard to get inside. One evening there was a really strange person in the reception (apparently not regularly working there) who refused to communicate (at least in non-portuguese) and acted agressively. Other staff was friendly.

The staff was not very friendly. There was.no elektricity when we arrived and they couldn't provide us any light. The first day the shower was cold and there was no toiletpaper in the bathroom. The hostel is ok if you don't mind these things.

• 19th Mar 2015

There wasn't any way to lock the locker, there wasn't any place to put my clothes inside the shower box, so i need to change out of it but the door of the toilet opened all the time, The staff wasn't nice.

no hand soap, no toilet paper, no heating system in the rooms (we are in the middle of the winter), boring atmosphere, the old man in charge making strange sounds while he sleeps in the reception sofa, its public computer was not working, one of the showers was not working neither.

The kitchen is so ill equipt, 1 bowl, 1 knife, 2 spoons... Dish soap was filled with water rather than replaced, how sanitary. I went to the front desk one morning and the staff member was sleeping on a couch. Bring your own toilet paper as there's rarely any. All the doors in the washroom are frosted glass- weird. The soap dispensers NEVER had soap. They stop refilling breakfast foods quite early, and the dirty dishes are left on the dining tables. It's fine for a bed, don't expect more.

Never wanted to leave. Best hostel in the entire world. Thank you so much mama for making my lisbon experience so incredible.

The lounge whitout doors see tv and cold air Inside kitchen very small no spoons forks and nifes very poor breakfast also cold milk no bread if go after 9 no ham cheese poor rooms in winter very freeze

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

brilliant stay, thanks to great staff! all clean and well looked after.

• 14th Dec 2014

Great atmosphere in the small common room. However need to get a bus to the town center and the security isn't great (bedroom doors don't lock & lockers too small to fit everything in).