People Hostel Reviews

Rua dos Jer�nimos, 16, Lisbon, Portugal

brilliant stay, thanks to great staff! all clean and well looked after.

• 14th Dec 2014

Great atmosphere in the small common room. However need to get a bus to the town center and the security isn't great (bedroom doors don't lock & lockers too small to fit everything in).

The worst hostel in Portugal where I were.

The staff were quite good, they were friendly and willing to bring up some topics to start a conversation. Willing always to help.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Very good value for money. Simple but very good service.

Write that you take additional money for payment by the cash card

Staff were really friendly and accommodating. Showers were not great - leaked and too few.

• 20th Sep 2014

I had a very pleasant stay in the hostel! The only thing that bothered me were the toilets and showers. The fact that they have see through doors makes it a little bit uncomfortable. And there was hardly any hot water left in the evening while taking a shower.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Very nice stay in this hostel . Very good Quality _ price balance ;)m

Nice area a little far from the city center. Facilities were pretty bad. Only one shower working in the men's bathroom. Bathroom floor up into the hallway was always wet. Staff tried to clean it up, but it was still wet pretty much all the time. Hot water for girls' shower stopped working at some point.

• 10th Sep 2014

The bathroom was an experience. All showers and toilets had see through doors and walls. Also the door to the bathroom didn't shut properly and so everything was on display to people walking in the corridor. Nice patio area, friendly staff, decent breakfast. It's a hike to the city, so probably best to stay here if you're after a quiet time.

Cheapest place in lissbon, 11.50 euro for a bed in the dorm, inc. Breakfast and free access to kitchen. Great for low budget travelers

• 11th Aug 2014

I loved staying here and was made the best white sangria Ive ever had.

• 3rd Aug 2014

As I was leaving this hostel I noticed I had inflamed bites all over my arm I was in denial that it may be bed bugs however when I arrived home I went to see a doctor. I contacted two other girls who were stayin in my room and they as well had bites and went to the clinic and were told it was from bed bugs. I was Informed by the two girls that upon my departure another girl slept in my bed and made a complaint and they simply placed her in another room.

• 23rd Jul 2014

Hello, We are really sorry for your experience at PeopleHostel Lisbon. That situation had to be solved in that day only changing the room of those customers, and on the next days we proceed to the cleanliness of that room. Fortunately, since that we don´t have that problem anymore. He apologize for all the situation and we hope you can come back to our hostel so we can have a totally different experience and opinion. Best regards, People Hostel Management

Loved the feel of the place, but felt the showers needed a little more privacy (clouded glass goes see though with water!) and the electrics (lights and plug sockets) need looking at so they are use-able.

• 9th Jul 2014

Excellent staff and facilities. Everything is neat and the ambiance is very good. Best choice for the price range. Thumbs up.

• 1st Jul 2014

At first, it seems a good place to stay! Only at first... Our sheets hadn't been changed and we had to ask for clean ones. Bed was made as it was changed, but sheets had hairs, SAND and stains I'd rather not to describe... We had to change the bed ourselves, as the guy didn't even offer himself to do it! Bathroooms are filthy with a bad smell. The men's bathroom always look as it had had a flood in it! Private rooms are really, really small, the floor is filthy, looks as it was never cleaned!

the best hostel i have ever stayed super helpful staffs i feel like living in a hotel one of the reason why i love paris after this trip

• 24th Jun 2014