Peppertree Lodge Reviews

15 Kings Road, Paihia, Paihia, New Zealand

My stay at The Peppertree Lodge was fantastic, meet by a very nice owner on arrival, room was very clean, tidy + spacious, bonus comfy bed, had others in my room who had been there for few day's + were loving it. Kitchen very tidy, large, clean, even had a cleaner at night to tidy up kitchen + recreational area which you don't see a lot. Great location, staff were awesome + funny, Free kayaks + bikes (bonus) + 400 dvd's. Overall will be back have no problems with telling others to stay GREAT!!!

Jan 21 BED BUG INFESTATION BEWARE. Staff were contaminated and it quickly spread through all rooms. The owner was denying it at first to the first girl that had it but then just very quiet. About a dozen people were infected. First heard about it the night of 20th and by the morning people were absolutely covered in bites. Some of my friends ended up leaving early just to get away. Nobody on staff mentioned it to me as I wasn't infected but rooms next to mine and then people in my room got it.

• 19th Jan 2016

Really bad bedbug investigation at the moment!!! Owner does not admit, but many people have bites and found the animals in their room! Just stay away!!!! 20.01.2016

• 15th Jan 2016

common area was nice, kitchen well equipped. my room was a bit dirty, bathroom was not clean when I arrived, old duvet covers and sheets

• 1st Nov 2015

you were in a 4 bed dorm and others were already in that room, i checked back on the cleaning lists and that bathroom was cleaned that morning, the other occupant had used the bathroom before your arrival. Sorry but that will happen if you take dorm rooms.The linen is always being replaced as required, some patterns fade faster than others. Pity you never said anything when checking out, as we did speak that morning.

Excellent stay. highly recommended. Brian on the front desk is a good lad!

• 12th Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Thanks for the positive review, been in excess of 40 years since I was a lad, must be my wife care that keeps me young, enjoy the rest of your trip and come back at some point in time