Perfect Hostel Reviews

39 rue Rodier, 75009, Paris, France

Not a party hostel but a clean, relaxed place to stay. Staff is really friendly.

The location is very appropriate such that you do not have to take any bus or metro; rather, walking does not take much time. Besides, the best way to explore a city/culture is possible by walking according to me. The breakfast is free. There is an old guy that serves the breakfast. It includes a baget, a chocolate dough, butter, jam, coffee(with milk if demanded) and orange juice. You may feel that the breakfast is not very satisfying. You may buy also fruits from groceries around.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • Turkey

Very clean, great staff, and a decent breakfast. The hostel was close to the metro, which makes the location good.

Very nice stay, and the new look is great. Staff very friendly and helpful they changed a room for us to one with ensuite

Very nice staff and facilities. Good location. Only 5 minutes walk to metro that can take you anywhere.

The beds are too hard, pillow as well. Thin walls, but earpluggs works. Breakfast too crowded. There is no common room to relax on a couch or so ever. Location is fine, only 15 minutes walk from gare du nord.

Room pictures on website are not real. They are renovating, but most of private rooms aren´t finish yet (as shown on the pictures), but still you have to pay full price. They didn´t even ofer discount. Location is great!

Lovely place. Work going on whilst we were there, meaning there was some disruption, however, it has to be done at some point, and it would disturb someone else's trip if not ours, so it was fine! Only really affected the elevator. The hostel itself was lovely; a generous size, a sink in the bedroom and very clean. A lovely place to begin our trip. Quite far out, but it just let us see more of Paris as we walked to our final destination. Breakfast of bread and croissants was included :)

The hostel was average. I find with Paris, you really don't get what you pay for. For most people, the locations wouldn't be wonderful, but I thought it was interesting to stay outside of the main districts. Average hostel.

Wonderful hostel, where the private rooms are better than some hotels I've stayed at. Exceptionally good value for money, with free wi-fi and breakfast and walking distance to two metro stops.

Great updates to former hotel;it is getting better each time we stay here. One thing: in updating, you forgot to put a toilet paper holder on the wall in 538! Staff is the most friendly and helpful of any hostel/hotel anywhere. Merci, Chantal, nous sommes arrives a CDG sans difficulte et bien a l'heure! Susan & Nick Hope to visit again many more times.

• 24th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Good place to stay, but hard to find with their instructions

An excellent visit with extremely helpful staff throughout in a nice quiet part of Paris. We would certainly come again. Also very good value for money and conveniently near to le Gard du Nord. The breakfast service was also superb. Thank you such a good week end. Christopher and Jennifer Williams

• 22nd May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The recepcionist was very kind and friendly, but the breakfast staff not so much. I did not know that the breakfast was not self service, and when i tried to serve myself, they almost attacked me and my friend with the ''evil look'', and in general the variety of the food was very poor, no fruit or cereal, just coffee/milk or orange juice(from the box) and bread and a ''pain au chocolait", not very healthy. The bathroom and the showers areas were too smal. But the rest was nice.

• 21st May 2015
  • Portugal

The reception when Chantal was in charge was very amazing and friendly. The rooms were too noisy. The bathroom has no approprierate ventilation specially in the sanitars. Guys from the breakfast were not working in a good mude. The localization was fine and people in the coffee room/kitchen were very friendly. Internet was oK!

This hostel was great! The woman who checked us in was very helpful and funny, and gave us some great tips! While it is located outside of the city center, and is therefore far from many tourist locations, the neighborhood is great! Its location wasn't a problem, as it is close to a Metro station, making it easy to take a quick trip to Notre Dame, the Eiffel Tower or the Louvre. A friend in I were staying in a two person private room at a great price and it was very clean and spacious!

This place is in need of a welcoming area where people can sit on couches or talk etc, as with hostel rooms you can't always just relax while people may still be sleeping. This may be happening with the new renovations, but I am not sure. One other issue was that there were only two powerpoints in the hostel room between 4 people. This is an issue, as everyone wants to charge their phones or cameras etc at the end of the day. May want to use extension cords.

• 8th May 2015

I loved staying here! It was a comfortable place to come back to, and the fact that there was no curfew was excellent for me. The staff were extremely helpful and very nice people. There were a few things that could be annoying for some, like the toilet and sink in separate rooms and the towels were very small, but I enjoyed my stay overall very much and would come back in a heartbeat! :)

The staff was so lovely and I have no idea how they can provide such a good service for such a low price! Definitely one of the best hostels I've been to in Europe

The hostel is in a good location if you want to go to the moulin rouge, also not far from the metro.