Perfect Spot Lisbon - Experience Hostel Reviews

Avenida de Sintra, 354, Cascais, Portugal

This hostel is way overrated. People seem to be leaving good reviews based on the owners, and not really on the hostel itself. I've been to 50+ countries, and can say I know hosteling inside out. The Slovakian staff was not very nice at all. Towels were 4 euro each (should be free or deposit). When you flush the toilet water gushes out the sink where you brush your teeth (nasty!). Floors are always wet, and they don't change the bedding after guests leave. Owners were cool, but hostel needs work

A nice place to relax at the end of a crazy trip. It has lots of chill areas, really comfy beds, TV and friendly people around - feels more like a home; especially with the cute dog and breakfasts. Pretty close to the beach and the map in the hostel is good for the hotspot restaurants and bars nearby. Only one shower for the big dorm room, but wasn't an issue when I was there.

Nothing bad to say about this place at all...was super relaxed and John and Rita are really lovely and can´t do enough for you! I really enjoyed my time there, great comfy beds in spacious, airy rooms...probably the best nights sleep in a hostel I have had for ages. Huge kitchen and loads of relaxed places to sit in the house or in the big beautiful garden. Zoe´s yoga was great and she was super patient with a novice like me. If I could I would be back at that Perfect Spot in a second!

We wished we could stay here (both in the hostel and in Cascais) for more than one night! The hostel staff were super friendly and informative. The house has a really lovely backyard and the whole place is really cool and chill. The only thing about this hostel is that it only has one bathroom upstairs and one downstairs, only one of those with a shower. BUT the rest was great!!

We had an absolutely fantastic stay at the Perfect Spot and we can't complement John and Rita enough for their hospitality. We travel quite a lot and we think they have something quite special at the Perfect Spot...will definitely recommend to our friends and family and others ! Mark & Lara Wellington, New Zealand

Perfect Spot hostel is just perfect! We really enjoyed to stay there!

Rita and John are such a wonderful couple and to stay at their place feels like visiting friends.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Norway

It is just AWESOME. I have spent 9 days at the perfect spot in Cascais. John, Rita and Zoé are so nice and so helpful. The way they look after all the guests is great and they really want everyone to have a good time. the house is really clean and spacious, it is actually the perfect place to relax. John and Rita are also really helpfull when it comes to organise outdoor activities. They have made my first ever visit to Portugal a great experience and I can not wait to come back.

Literally an hidden oasis. You come to this hostel and time just stops. It's an incredible mansion turned into an artsy bohemian hostel. About 5 min walk from train and bus station. Rooms are spacious showers are clean so many fun things to do at the hostel you don't even want to leave. My only regret was that we didn't stay longer and get to know the people who worked there due to the type of trip we were on. Literally the perfect spot.

This was a really lovely hostel with a great 'living with family and friends' vibe. Rita and John were warm and friendly and even arranged for their bikes to be delivered. The breakfast baskets were adorable and the perfect way to start the day!

We really enjoyed our stay it was truly great! One of the best places I have ever stayed. Thanks again, Teresa&Miila

Perfect place to relax, the hosts are soooooo nice ! That's a pity you made me pay a higher price than promised though... And you should warn your guests that there's no breakfast on Sunday morning but that the price is the same than the other days of the week...

• 22nd Mar 2014