Periko's Youth Hostel Reviews

Morales 555, Bariloche, Argentina

Excellent kitchen, staff very friendly and nice rooms very clean.

This hostel is FANTASTIC - on every single level. The location, staff, facilities, bedrooms - every thing is PERFECTION. I have stayed in many hostels in both South America and Europe and this is by far the best. Stand out things for us were the kitchen which was spacious, clean, very well equipped with lots of pots and pans to go around and the bedroom which was again was very spacious and of a hotel standard rather than what you would expect from a hostel.

Very nice place to stay, good staff, well equiped kitchen, quite atmosphere

Great hostel, central location. Only complaint is that the locks on some of the lockers don't take a criminal mastermind to overcome.

I travelled for 25 days in South America with my son in March and April 2015. Periko"s is the best of hostels I have stayed in Argentina , excellent staff and atmosphere. I enjoyed my stay, although I don't have much experiance with hostels.

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Bulgaria

Nice hostel nothing special but has everything you would need and expect from a larger hostel. Enjoyed our stay just fine.

I walk in the place and within moments some dude offers me Pringles. Sour cream. It's that kind of family atmosphere that separates it anywhere else

Very nice overall stay. Internet was not the best but other then that it was great. This hostel has a lot of character and we really enjoyed it.

This place was pretty great. Super helpful staff.. stayed an extra night.

I only stayed at this hostel for one night on my way through to El Bolson, but the staff were friendly, rooms clean and the kitchen was well equipped and big enough for several people to cook at once. The hostel is also situated a 5 minute walk from the main street. I would definitely stay here again if I am ever in Bariloche.

Staff provide good information of the local area. Rooms are clean. Kitchen good but crowded.

Nothing special. Everything was OK except the sheets, they were so used they almost fell apart. Kind of itchy. Very nice with reading lamps though! Internet was very weak in the room.

This hostel is in a great location in the centre of town. Lovely wooden beams throughout, really rustic and in keeping with Bariloche. Facilities are good, with great internet speeds, lovely garden and Asado. Everything is kept very clean and the staff are friendly. Good communal areas for socialising. Rooms have great sized lockers to fit full backpacks. Breakfast is average, but sufficient. Would stay here again.

We loved our stay at Perikos. The hostel is beautiful and our private room felt like we were in a hotel. The kitchen facilities are excellent and the location is so close to the centre of Bariloche. The staff were always helpful and keen to tell us about this different activities we could do. Highly recommend this beautiful place to stay.

Very solid hostel. The only bad thing I can even think of is that its location is a bit of a climb up a hill. But not even very far. Stay here, it's all good.

A long time favorite and somewhat more reasonably priced than many newer places in Bariloche. They continue to get it right.

Nice hostel in a great location. Helpful staff, standard breakfast, nice big lockers.

We stayedthere for 6 nights and everything was perfect in our double bed room... I do nott speak spanish and The staff whent with me at the Bank When I had a problem with my debit card. Thanks a lot.

Breakfast is average with Nothing surprising. Good hostel kobby atmosphere with 2 pc's tv livingroom an bbq front yard. Very cosy. Good reception and gives information. Cheap in-house laundry service. Cons; wifi reception is low- channels overlapping and not enough bandwith for the demand of today. My mattres was worn out and uncomfortable. Still, i would return here again.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Israel

other than the fact the wifi only worked in the ground floor everything was great and charlie is a great helpfull person to meet :-)