Perugia Farmhouse Backpackers

Superb 548 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 31-40
8th Jul 2017
6.9

Clean hostel in a good location. I think it was a little pricey for what it offered. There seemed to be separate breakfast areas for people in dorms vs people staying in private accomodation. For dorms the beakfast was too basic with just white bread, jam and cookies kept on a small table. All unhealthy sugary stuff - hostel needs to realise that times have changed and we are in 2017 and a health conscious generation. I paid 3 euros for a special breakfast offered to the private residents.

For 18 euros per night we offer to our backpackers: a stay in an authentic Italian country house with a 360° view of Perugia complete with use of the swimming pool, free guest kitchen, bed linens, hi-speed wi-fi, luggage storage, and a hostel-style, Italian breakfast which includes: croissants (with jam or chocolate) , toast, jam, biscuits, and freshly ground coffee or a tea. In spite of it being 2017, I can tell you that there are still hostels that don't include any breakfast. We think it only right to include breakfast, one that is more substantial than what many other hostels offer. For those who are more health conscious or who are not used to the Italian style breakfast, we do offer a breakfast upgrade at our bar with fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, juice, etc, in addition to service, at a fair price and we're glad that you were able to take advantage of this option!

29th Jun 2017

This was the best hostel I've ever visited. The location, nestled in the countryside outside of Perugia, is amazing. I loved walking on the dirt paths nearby and seeing the huge fields of sunflowers. Perugia itself is a bus ride away and you can walk to restaurants and the grocery store. The atmosphere is great as there is space to both wander off and to gather. The setting really makes people relax and want to hang out. The staff and owners are wonderful, too.

• USA, Female, 25-30
29th Jun 2017

Beautiful, welcoming, quiet, social, and I wish I was back there now. I got along very well with everyone in my shared room. We all walked to the chocolate factory together then drank and made smores. I made great friends with everyone. The hosts were helpful and kind. Plus cute animals, pool, swing bench, gorgeous views!

• mmille155865
  • USA, Male, 18-24
28th Jun 2017

I haven't stayed at a better hostel since I started traveling a month ago. I was so reluctant to leave after my four days here. Most friends I made there had the same problem - some even booked an extra night or two. The owners have a long history of backpacking and strive to provide an experience they themselves would like. Incredibly kind and hospitable. Expect beautiful sunrises and sunsets, refreshing swims, peaceful walks, and good company.

16th Jun 2017

Can't say enough about this place. Beautiful and relaxing, but doesn't quite cover it. Plenty to do with nearby cities, although I mostly relaxed and hung out with the staff and guests. Attracts amazing people. Manuele and Laura keep up a beautiful place and are very helpful and welcoming. You really need to go there! The people of Perugia are lovely:) The views are killer, and evenings are the best part of the day...took an evening walk every night. After I left, I went back after 2 days!

2nd Jun 2017

It has a pool, donkeys, goats, great staff, and a great atmosphere. I look forward to returning.

• USA, Female, 31-40
31st May 2017

I had a great and peaceful stay at The farmhouse. The hosts were very accommodating and helpful with any information I needed. It was such a peaceful atmosphere and everyone was very friendly. I'd definitely recommend staying at the farmhouse.

• USA, Male, 18-24
24th May 2017

This hostel was wonderful. We were there right before the high season started, so it wasn't crowded, but the people who were there were great and Laura/Manuele/the volunteers were helpful and welcoming. The location is an easy journey from the city center which makes it a nice place to relax and chill out. Highly recommended!

• Denmark, Male, 25-30
30th Apr 2017

The farmhouse is really great! And it is actually a farmhouse with animals and stuff :-) I would definitely recommend staying here. The staff is great and helpfull, the surroundings are calm and beautiful, and the bus to Perugia is really close by. Overall really great value for the money. Can't wait to go back!!

×