Perugia Farmhouse Backpackers Reviews

Strada Torre Poggio 4, Perugia, Italy

Absolutely beautiful property in the countryside. If you're looking for a peaceful quiet stay this is your hostel. Laura and manuele were the nicest people and super helpful. Word from the wise- if you're traveling from the north, don't get off at the first Perugia rail station...

A wonderful change from hustle and bustle of cities.

The staff are very nice people and the place is a very typical farmhouse with awesome views of Umbria. It's a must if you want to live a very typical italian experience, living in the countryside, bike riding, etc.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Mexico

Pros: Great view. Spacious room- we used a private suite. Nice design. Friendly staff. Con's: Passports were taken till checkoutcheckout,which is illigal. However, it is also optional to give another ID instead .

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Israel

Wow! I had an amazing experience. arrived at the picturesque farmhouse on Halloween for 2 days as a breather in my month-long hop all over Europe trip. & felt so relaxed. a very tranquil and serene environment nestled among the hills and valleys of Umbria and nearby Perugia. Another cool thing, the next day was All Saint's Day, which is a big holiday, so the whole extended family of the owners came to visit and they invited me to sit down and eat with them. was definitely a very special moment!

• 31st Oct 2014

We absolutely loved staying here! The farm is beautiful, we wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks so much for your hospitality, and we'll recommend it to anyone!

• 17th Oct 2014

No security lock. But it's usually alright. Good hot shower and kitchen facilities, plus fresh clean environment are what i want to go back again.

One of the nicest hostels I have been in: Located in a small farm house in the rolling countryside of Umbria, but also with a very pretty view of Perugia. The facilities were good, the owners and staff very friendly and helpful. And you can get to the amazing city of Perugia by bus in 30 minutes.

This hostel is so lovely. It's the perfect place for relaxing and enjoying the Italian country side. It's not near the Perugia town center, so don't stay here expecting to be in Perugia. Instead you stay here for the beautiful views, the pool, and the atmosphere. Bring groceries and eat your dinner on the patio while Perugia sparkles in the distance and the next day, walk through sunflower fields to wine tasting at a local winery.

I enjoyed my stay at the farmhouse. However it was an unusual experience and one that may not suit everyone. Firstly it is staffed by workaway volunteers who had no idea that I was arriving despite me booking through hostel world and emailing the owners to ask about directions. I was then put into the dorm with the staff, not the room I booked, in a word 'alkward'. The closest supermarket is closed on Sundays and during the middle of the day, wasn't told this. Overall average place to stay.

Hi. A few comments on your critique.You did book on the evening before your arrival date- sometimes news of last minute bookings don't make it to staff in time.Secondly, you booked a 6-bed dorm + ended up sleeping in a dorm with 2 other female backpackers who are helping us for a few weeks through workaway, a program in which you yourself have participated.I don't see how this is problematic. As for the supermarket, we're sorry if you were confused,the hours are however posted on the info board

Hands down my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect way to unwind after a place like Rome. Wonderful, helpful staff and such a lovely farm. I'd recommend to anyone and everyone!

We loved this place so much! Our favourite place to stay in the whole of Italy so far. The best location, not that close to perugia but you'll love it so much, you won't even be bothered about leaving the farm. Great facilities with a pool, bar, kitchen etc. So much to do there, you can take the bikes out for free, take the dogs a walk, chill in the hammocks etc etc. The staff were great, felt more like friends than staff, a great atmosphere where everybody socialises. Can't recommend enough!!