Perugia Farmhouse Backpackers Reviews

Strada Torre Poggio 4, Perugia, Italy

Pros: Great view. Spacious room- we used a private suite. Nice design. Friendly staff. Con's: Passports were taken till checkoutcheckout,which is illigal. However, it is also optional to give another ID instead .

• 2nd Nov 2014
  • Israel

Wow! I had an amazing experience. arrived at the picturesque farmhouse on Halloween for 2 days as a breather in my month-long hop all over Europe trip. & felt so relaxed. a very tranquil and serene environment nestled among the hills and valleys of Umbria and nearby Perugia. Another cool thing, the next day was All Saint's Day, which is a big holiday, so the whole extended family of the owners came to visit and they invited me to sit down and eat with them. was definitely a very special moment!

• 31st Oct 2014

We absolutely loved staying here! The farm is beautiful, we wished we could have stayed longer. Thanks so much for your hospitality, and we'll recommend it to anyone!

• 17th Oct 2014

No security lock. But it's usually alright. Good hot shower and kitchen facilities, plus fresh clean environment are what i want to go back again.

One of the nicest hostels I have been in: Located in a small farm house in the rolling countryside of Umbria, but also with a very pretty view of Perugia. The facilities were good, the owners and staff very friendly and helpful. And you can get to the amazing city of Perugia by bus in 30 minutes.

This hostel is so lovely. It's the perfect place for relaxing and enjoying the Italian country side. It's not near the Perugia town center, so don't stay here expecting to be in Perugia. Instead you stay here for the beautiful views, the pool, and the atmosphere. Bring groceries and eat your dinner on the patio while Perugia sparkles in the distance and the next day, walk through sunflower fields to wine tasting at a local winery.

I enjoyed my stay at the farmhouse. However it was an unusual experience and one that may not suit everyone. Firstly it is staffed by workaway volunteers who had no idea that I was arriving despite me booking through hostel world and emailing the owners to ask about directions. I was then put into the dorm with the staff, not the room I booked, in a word 'alkward'. The closest supermarket is closed on Sundays and during the middle of the day, wasn't told this. Overall average place to stay.

Hi. A few comments on your critique.You did book on the evening before your arrival date- sometimes news of last minute bookings don't make it to staff in time.Secondly, you booked a 6-bed dorm + ended up sleeping in a dorm with 2 other female backpackers who are helping us for a few weeks through workaway, a program in which you yourself have participated.I don't see how this is problematic. As for the supermarket, we're sorry if you were confused,the hours are however posted on the info board

Hands down my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect way to unwind after a place like Rome. Wonderful, helpful staff and such a lovely farm. I'd recommend to anyone and everyone!

We loved this place so much! Our favourite place to stay in the whole of Italy so far. The best location, not that close to perugia but you'll love it so much, you won't even be bothered about leaving the farm. Great facilities with a pool, bar, kitchen etc. So much to do there, you can take the bikes out for free, take the dogs a walk, chill in the hammocks etc etc. The staff were great, felt more like friends than staff, a great atmosphere where everybody socialises. Can't recommend enough!!

Wow! This place was awesome! Swimming pool, sunflower fields, free bikes, amazing views!!! Most of the staff are volunteers, the atmosphere was very friendly and relaxed. I loved every minute of my stay there! But!! The bus line D is very infrequent. In the description bus line C is not mentioned, however it also reaches the farmhouse

We had a great time at the Perugia Farmhouse. Apart from being budgetfriendly they offer excellent service. Good rooms and even better showers. There are a lot friendly people and in the evenings there is always someone to have a drink with. Manuale

• 19th Aug 2014

Loved our stay in Perugia! Perfect place to just relax by the pool and enjoy the beautiful surroundings, yet still be able to have a good night by the bar if you want! You have to get a bus to go into Perugia town and from there to go to other places such as Assisi. We didn't find this a hassle though as hostel had all information you needed in regards to buses. Clean rooms and bathroom and a great communal kitchen. Staff were also very friendly and good fun! Definitely recommend!

• 16th Aug 2014

Best hostel i've been! Simply great!!

• 10th Aug 2014

Best Hostel ever!! Thank to Manuele, Laura and all the staff! See you next year!

We used this hostel as a break between Florence and Rome and it was perfect - quite far from Perugia but the location was stunning, extremely beautiful setting - pool was brilliant and the rooms were of good size with good shower facilities - staff were really friendly and were so helpful and welcoming - great way to socialise and meet people! Would completely recommend! Free breakfast also was brilliant. We loved it so much we stayed for three days and didn't leave to see Perugia

The farmhouse was by far our favourite hostel throughout our entire journey through Europe. We loved being there so much that we never went into Perugia once. The fully comprehensive kitchen was a treat, with a slew of spices for you to use and a plethora of fresh rosemary growing outside for your cooking. So many fun things to do in the area and a staff that truly cares. Amazing place, stay here.

not to many trees....there is no shadow!! Terribly hot!

• 19th Jul 2014

Good pool, amazing view, peaceful. Friendly staff, but there were no pizza nights or bbq eventhough there said on the website it was going to be twice a week. We thought it was strange and rather rude that the staff several times had a party right next door and not inviting the guests to join. I enjoyed my stay there I would recommend this place to others. But I am a little disappointed that they didn't hava some events that the websites said they would have.

Hi Andrea, thanks for your feedback. We are sorry that we were unable to hold events like pizza and bbq night during your stay. As you know, it is uncharacteristically rainy and windy this July, which can make the organisation of outdoor, comunal activities involving a fire difficult. Nonetheless, we did have a bonfire 4 July with guests to celebrate American Independence Day-not sure where you were? Also, the staff doesn't have private parties, but we do like to eat dinner together sometimes!:)