8.1
Fabulous 83 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 83 Total Reviews
Petit Summer House Located at Near 85 Building, Ziqiang Rd., Lingya Dist., Kaohsiung.
Taiwan
Kaohsiung 802 Near 85 Building, Ziqiang Rd., Lingya Dist.
81% 83

• mydaks8124
  • South Korea, Male, 31-40
16th Apr 2016
2.0

Never go here! It's a small old apartment where the landlady's family live. Even though I called them to pick me up in the down stairs 2 hours ago, they didn't get my call for more than 30 minutes and I waited outside so long in hot weather. Also, in the room, there was no space to open your bag and any security locker. It was hot but they didn't turn on the air-conditioner. Also, their name is "petit summer house" but they had another name in hostelworld such as little? summer house

• yuvalbrandman4057
  • USA, Couple, 31-40
2nd Apr 2016
6.0

The pluses are that it was nice and cosy, cheap, close to the subway. The hostel seems to be a family apartment used as a hostel. It has a strange layout, and awkward sleeping arrangements. The little dining table is right next to the main bathroom door, as well as in a small hallway, and next to the bedroom door where my gf and I were sleeping. As well, when trying to leave it was difficult because you need a key to operate the elevator, but when we were leaving none of the staff was there.

• USA, Male, 18-24
18th Mar 2016

Such an incredible hostel! Sally, the owner, met us in front of the building (it's on the 26th floor of a tower) and showed us how to get in and settled us in. She was so kind and clearly loves her city—we were only there for 1 night but she told us ten different things to do. Her recommendations and advice were great, and we also had a really cool conversation about Taiwanese politics. The hostel itself is really lovely and has an incredible view from the patio, but Sally really made it great!

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
11th Feb 2016
2.3

This hostel is utterly bizarre. They insist that you meet them outside a 7-11 down the street, but won't tell you which one of the 3 nearby to go to. When we went to the actual address of the hostel they refused to come downstairs to meet us and made us walk to a different address and then walk back with them, all while laughing at us. Took us an hour to just get inside. When we were changing they came in and swept and mopped and insisted we stand on the bed so they could get under our feet.

• Canada, All Female Group, 25-30
9th Feb 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Petit Summer House. I met some cool people, got some great advice for things to do in Kaohsiung, and slept well. Really, my only criticism is that it was very difficult to find when I was first trying to check in. Maybe when someone books with you, you should send them more detailed instructions on how to get there. I followed the address, but "Near 85" is not specific enough, and when I tried calling it didn't work.

• USA, Male, 41+
31st Jan 2016

Sally runs a nice hostel. Enjoyed all aspects, and you couldn't ask for a better location in Kaohsiung. Highly recommend.

31st Dec 2015

This place was awesome in a way I completely did not expect. The only thing that went wrong was that we didn't realize we needed to contact the owner to get in. Other than that, it was a great experience!

18th Dec 2015
5.7

The 8-bunk dorm is seriously over-crowded. Also, when people sleep in the "common area," it's not really a common area.

• JUNGEUIYOUNG
  • South Korea, Male, 25-30
9th Dec 2015

+ I have never stayed like this hostel. So wonderful! So nice! Sally and Martin and Jimmy etc All person are very kind. And have open mind. The location nice. I highly recommend you to stay here, Summer. Really nice. - there is no minus. All things are perfect.