8.0
Fabulous 597 Total Reviews
8.0
Fabulous 597 Total Reviews
Petra Gate Hostel and Hotel Located at Wadi Musa, , Petra.
Jordan
Petra Wadi Musa
80% 597
30.3205999 35.4808884
    Rooms available

11th Nov 2016
6.0

The Rooftop was awesome. I was disappointed they didn't have food but the owner offered to pick me some up. The staff was very helpful. It was pretty typical of a Jordan hostel.

10th Nov 2016

I really enjoyed my stay at Petra Gate Hostel and Hotel. The owner is a great guy who is very helpful. I would definitely stay here again. Thank You for making my stay in Petra so nice!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th Nov 2016

Great Location, approximately 10/15 minute down hill walk to the main entrance to the archaeological site and closer to main town area. The guys here really looked after me. Free upgrade to single room, prepared a traditional bedouin meal for me and organised transport to Wadi Rum and then back to Amman without any hassles. Quiet Hostel, however other than the big hotels Petra seems quiet in that regards. Would stay again.

18th Oct 2016
7.1

The hostel is quite a bit away from the actual Petra Gate entrance and makes for a hike once you've done a lot of hiking at Petra. Taxi cab touts are annoying and it should only cost 1 JD to get from hostel to gate. The owner was great and helpful. Super friendly guy and helped with a Wadi Rum trip. The room only had hot water one out of two days I was there. Bathroom was functional, but shower had draining issues, toilet seat wasn't attached and the flushing mechanism needed to be fixed.

17th Oct 2016
6.0

Very dirty but nice rooftop view. The man in the reception was helpful.

Thank you for your comment, Can you let me know what was dirty in our hostel ,your booking was in dorms room and your friend , i gave you to stay in double room with bath and shower inside ,

13th Oct 2016

Staff was great!, they cook for me a chicken wrap meal late at night, because I was waiting for a phone call at the hostel, most importantly it was sooo good(no exaggeration). They were able to set a taxi pickup and drop off from the Amman Airport. Hostel is walking distance to Petra, Wifi to my surprise was above average fast and reliable. Overall I was satisfied with my stay here, would stay here again... Oh and a lovely view to the city from upstairs (: ...

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
10th Oct 2016
6.3

Average at best.

• Ireland, Female, 31-40
19th Sep 2016

The location was amazing, walking distance to Petra, we ate nightly on the rooftop with views of the city and mountains, this was better than the restaurants surrounding it. The staff were more than helpful checking how much taxi drivers charged us and even going shopping for us so as to get the local not tourist prices for our gifts. Excellent value for money we will return during the winter!

• USA, Mixed Group, 41+
12th Sep 2016

Nice location, close to money changers/restaurants/bus station/fruit market/Petra gate entrance is half mile walk down hill. Taxi 1 or 2 JD. The Manager was very nice, likes to be seen as 5 star service. gave us free ride in his car to Petra entrance and bus station. The motel/hostel/city f Petra seemed more run down (economy) than when I was there two years ago. Water has to be shipped in. Overall I would recommend this place due to manager and location/price.

• Netherlands, Couple, 25-30
12th Sep 2016

We really enjoyed our stay at Petra Gate. The hotel is located close to Wadi Musa downtown area. This is great for dinner in the evening. Nasser is a great host and really helped us out with booking our next trip to Wadi Rum. The hotel itself is simple but clean and be sure to check out sunset over Petra from the roof terrace!