Petra Gate Hostel and Hotel Reviews

Wadi Musa, Petra, Jordan

We had a great stay in the ho(s)tel. The staff was very very helpfull and friendly. The free drive to the Petra gate is a nice extra. We had dinner and breakfast there and both were very good prepared. The rooftop terrace gives great views on the mountains and city and the sunset is right in front of you !!! We reallyyyy recommend this place !!!

Don't stay here. It is a 20 minute walk from Petra (to get back it is a steep uphill climb so you have to pay $5 for a taxi). They say they will drop you off to Petra, but not when you want, only when they are going out anyway. You are woken up every morning but a loud mosque nearby. Breakfast is pretty bad and NOT included in the price (although they don't tell you this when they offer it to you - but it was only 2 Euro). Staff are fake friendly and not overly helpful / knowledgable.

I just check all your comments to all the hostels before and i sow that you were not happy with them too , any why i will leave that to our customers to judge it ? Note , it is not our problem if you pay 5 JD for the taxi drivers , and the price it is only 1 JD and if you want to walk it is only 10 Minutes --- our breakfast it is Jam, Cheese, Butter, Yogurt ,Egg , Tomato , Soft Lam , Bead , and tea or coffee

Owner and the staff were extremely helpful, we arrived and I needed to speak to variousl people in Aqaba to confirmation onward travel arrangements, as well as sorting taxis to Petra and they sorted it without any problems. Location is good, not far from Petra, a couple of miles away. Facilities were good, hot shower and decent sized rooms. and always disposed to help the visitors and look cheap taxis with reliable taxi drivers and good price I would definitely recommend this hostel.

We had a perfect time at Petra Gate Hotel for 2 nights!! The staff was great and always very helpful with everything. We spend two very nice nights on the rooftop terrace while our host Ammar served tea and waterpipe tp a great view over Petra. He also arranged a tour to Wadi Rum for us which was excellent!! We made new friends at Petra Gate Hotel and can recommend it to everyone going to Petra! Thanks to the staff and especially to Ammar!! See you again! Danae, Vega, Jean-Marie, Yassin & Torben

• 4th Jun 2014

Really helpful staff and were even given a lift down to the Petra city gates from them. Great stay and comfortable room with good wifi and a great view from te terrace. Our only qualm was the price of breakfast wasn't advertised so we had a bit of a surprise when paying the bill, things not unreasonably priced.

Electric sockets would not charge phone/camera in my private room so had to use reception socket. Tea/coffee facilities are not self service.

Best thing about the Petra Gate Hostel is the staff; they are so kind and helpful. The room itself was pretty crummy, especially the bathroom with an awkwardly shaped shower and no hot water one day. Also, the room only had one electrical outlet for 2 people to share. Wouldn't stay here again, a little too uncomfortable, although the staff is wonderful.

Our stay at the Petra Gate Hotel was lovely, a nice breakfast and dinner, a comfortable room and a stunning view from the rooftop terrace. The staff was also very kind and helpful. Thank you for the lovely time !

This was a great no-frills place to stay. We loved the friendly, accommodating staff and the simple traditional meals were perfect. I'd go back without a doubt.

• 18th Apr 2014

More than the service teh noise was a problem. Eventhough not in a noisy zone, the nearby mosque was very loud. Every day at sunset and in the morning (4:30 am) we were woken up by the very very loud prayers... Bathroom was dark and very small. There was actually no door but a curtain.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Thank you for your review , i our town you will not run away from Mosques , and there is more than 20 mosquse and all very loudy , and it is not a reason to give bad review to our hotel ,because this is from our life here about the bathrooms all have strong carton door , please next time be honest for other hotel regards

My stay at this hotel was very pleasant. Thank you to Nasir and Fahem . They did their best to make me feel comfortable and made my holiday at Petra unforgettable.

• 16th Apr 2014

Close enough to Petra to get your walking warmed up before you get to the front gate, but it is all down hill and easy. Close to lots of restaurants and shops. I stayed in a small single private and the bed was comfortable, but the shower came apart on me the one time I tried it. Also some of the electrical outlets had not enough power to charge my laptop.

the staff there are really nice and gave good advice for our trip. we stayed in room 119 but the wifi didn't reach there...

A simple but great hotel. Nice view at the top where they serve a great dinner. The shower is powerful after a long day at Petra.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The entrance to Petra is a 15-20 minute walk or just a very short, cheap taxi ride. It's a very simple hostel and the quality of the rooms vary (I saw my friends' room which was much nicer than mine). It's really just a place to sleep but that's fine as you will be out all day exploring Petra!

I had a great service, the staff gave a lot of information. The location is good but the hostel offered a free transfer to the park.