Petra Gate Hostel and Hotel

Fabulous 616 Total Reviews
Fabulous 616 Total Reviews

5th Mar 2017

Nice and very helpful staff and good wifi. The place is undergoing some maintenance so it will be even better soon (i.e. the rooftop). Nasser is a very helpful owner who will arrange tours for you. Kimo is an extremely helpful employee always ready to go an extra mile in order to make your stay comfortable. Pretty close to Petra archaeological site: 20 minutes on foot, and to relatively inexpensive restaurants. Breakfast available for a cheap extra. Laundry service not available at the moment

3rd Mar 2017
8.0

Strength of this place is the owner, Naser. Will go out of his way to make your stay as good as possible. Also very honest. Will tell you the truth about prices and possibilities even if it does not benefit him. Truly enjoys his guests and watches out for them to ensure they are not taken advantage of with regard to tours, transportation, etc... The location is a good one, about 20-30 minute walk to Petra. The facilities are a little run down, but commensurate with pricing. Recommend.

• USA, Female, 31-40
23rd Feb 2017

Basic accommodation but comfortable. Staff is excellent and knowledgeable, Naser the owner helped me book affordable transportation during my entire stay in Jodan. He basically made my short trip amazing. Breakfast and dinner were fresh and delicious for the price. I went in winter, and it got a bit chilly but the bed was warm and comfortable. I would recommend for any traveler on a budget.

• England, Female, 41+
21st Feb 2017
7.7

The staff in this hotel are so friendly and helpful. I stayed in winter and it was cold so they gave me an electric fire and extra blankets which made my stay more comfortable. The owner also helped me out of a difficult situation when I visited Wadi Rum which I am so grateful for. The accommodation is very basic but you get what you pay for. I am very happy with my stay.

• USA, Male, 25-30
16th Feb 2017

Nasser and his hostel could not have been more accommodating. He truly made me feel like family and was very eager to either help show or facilitate activities including but not limited to wadi rum jeep, ride from Aqaba, ride away, petra and petra at night. I really appreciated his hospitality.

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
13th Feb 2017

The receptionist was amazing, he help me in everything I need and he even gave me tips for hiking trails. The place is located in a good area, you have all you need just in 200 mts.

7th Feb 2017

Bathroom should be neat

4th Feb 2017

it have been an excellent experiencie. The hostel is very confortable, clean and is very close from the ruines. The Staff (Kimo) is very nice, he helps in everything that u need. Congrats!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
15th Jan 2017

I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone, the staff were friendly and genuinely helpful. I would love to come back to Jordan and will definitely stay at Petra gate once again. :) perfect location

• Australia, Male, 31-40
13th Jan 2017

Uncle Nasser is the best host hands down. He hooked us up with Local prices for everything: Wadi Rum (Musa) tour and organised my Dead Sea trip for the way back home. It's super-cheap, safe and clean. Walking distance to Petra Gate too! You're a fool if you don't stay here. Can't wait to stay here again