Petra Hostel

6.9
Good 163 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 41+
18th Jun 2017

I was on a 1 week pilgrimage to Jerusalem with my teenage daughter at the end of Ramadan. As we only needed a place to stay and was not looking for luxury, Petra Hostel was a great bargain for its close vicinity to the Dome of the Rock. The manager Mr Hazem was really people-friendly and made us and all the other customers feel at home. He always people in whatever they needed. Because of the value for money and close proximity I will return to the same hostel again, God willing.

• Slovenia, Couple, 25-30
30th Apr 2017
3.1

Hostel Petra is a nightmare. I used to work in youth tourism and I have to say I have no clue how a facility like this can even be open and have all the neccessary permits. I think it should be closed down and renovated. The owner and his sons apparently live there and sleep on the couches in the hallway. They are very rude and unhelpfull. The only good thing about this hostel is its location. This is by far my most dissapointing hostel experience. I wouldnt recommend it to my worst enemy.

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
4.9

The hostel manager was very rude and unfriendly. The toilets were not cleaned and no toilet paper replaced for over a day. In general the place seemed very run down and badly maintained. Little to no wifi in the rooms, only in the main lobby. One toilet and shower (no curtain) for an entire floor of rooms. The only advantage was the proximity to the old city. However, the closest car parking lot was quite far from the hostel and the manager misinformed us about the parking and operating times.

• USA, Female, 41+
29th Mar 2017

Petra Hostel in Old Jerusalem - our favorite place in Jerusalem. Location is absolutely the very best! Petra Hostel is full of charm, architecturally and socially & historical ambiance. We meet so many interesting and wonderful people there. Hasim, the manager, is always very warm and friendly. He even invited us to his home for a meal. Mark Twain enjoyed Petra and so do we! Consider asking what Petra needs and pitch in. We bought several sets of new sheets. It's like home away from home.

24th Mar 2017