Petra Hostel Reviews

1 David Street, P.O.Box 14030, Jerusalem, Israel

The worse hostel ive ever seen in my life, and ive travelled many trust me, :our sheets have never been cleaned as they were smelling, the room got paper and dirt everywhere, piece of wall were falling Down, i was surprised when i didnt find insects around. The toilet its bad and the shower too with a bit of water when u have the courage to shower there Staff doesnt help or do nothing, Just watch film. I hope it will close soon, go to the swedish hostel or others there are many there

I've travelled quite a lot, and always low budget and low expectations, but this place is just neglected and its employers couldn't care less. Also, the staff is not as hospital, accommodating and trustworthy as the Arabs I met before. I strongly doubt if they cleaned the bed linen and if you consider this place, it's good to know that there are many beds per shower. But well, it could have been worse.

I payed ~350 Shekel (80€) for 2 nights in a single bedroom with ensuite bathroom. So far so cheap. The state of the hostel was honestly below what you would expect even from a cheap hostel though. The door to my room was falling apart, the shower was (literally) a hose in the bathroom without a shower head. No A/C, just a loud, broken fan that made it impossible to sleep. Towels and sheets were clean though. Nice roof top terrace. In summary, I can certainly not recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 11th Sep 2015