Petra Hostel Reviews

1 David Street, P.O.Box 14030, Jerusalem, Israel

The staff were really helpful and accommodating. They have a wonderful view of the city from the top of the hostel. They cleaned every morning, however the shower was cold. Overall, I would definitely stay there again.

The hostel it's close to Jaffa's Gate. Good breakfast. Roof could be better but from there stil a nice view on Jerusalem. It's ok.

the hostel is very dirty. We chose it for its location and price are democratic. but we do not expect this level of dirt! the sheets were dirty (had they been changed before our arrival? I'm not sure) the room was like a cell, without equipment. The shared bathroom and sanitary particularly desired to let ... a pile of rubbish was dragged under the sink all the time of our stay, a puddle was dragged before the toilet for 3 days, and the shower had a swampy smell! staff is not very friendly

The location next to Jaffa Gate is just perfect! From the roof top terrace you have a great view over the old town - but the roof top terrace is completely empty - no chairs, no tables, no sofas.. The frame of my loft bed was very wobbly - when the one sleeping in the lower bed turned around the upper bed started shaking back and forth 5 cm... It's just a cheap place to sleep - nothing else.

hostel in a very good situation ,easy access,and the beautifull view from the top! very good!

The location is great, but I still think they should invest more in good mattresses and a good bathroom.

I would strongly encourage the Hostel World staff to revisit the Petra. My reservation was for a single room with en suite bathroom. When I arrived, my room had been given away to someone else. The front desk suggested I perhaps go to another hostel until they realized how expensive that would be. They made it seem that it was MY fault that the room had been given away. They instead put me in a double room (no other guest) but with a shared bathroom. The entire experience was rather upsetting.

• 7th May 2014

The hostel is really good, the breakfast is good, only the staff is unfriendly

Staff think they work for the army. Don't expect a smile or any useful information from them. Very very bad bed, dangerous!

thanks for you and we are sure that we are not like what you say and we are sorry to have people they stay in our hostel like you