Petra Hostel Reviews

1 David Street, P.O.Box 14030, Jerusalem, Israel

Right by the old city with amazing rooftop views, but they have let it go to ruin. The rooms are old, dirty, rarely cleaned or taken care of. The shared bathrooms are disgusting; the shower is broken in one so you have to hold it with one hand and the other emits such a trickle of water that it is barely a shower at all. There is only one key for the dorm, no lockers etc. No communal atmosphere at all and the breakfast is old/stale pitta bread with a few dips. Receptionists don't really care.

Very good location.. It is inside the old city of Jerusalem right by one of the most well known gates. There is a lot to do in the area and many markets to buy food.. Remember to haggle! Basic breakfast, standard washrooms.. Staff was ok and one was actually a bit rude, but I spent most of my time outside the hostel so this didn't affect my stay.. So much to do in Jerusalem

The staff is helpful, breakfast is quite basic, and the facilities were no more than expected for the price. The location is stellar!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Facilities were not in good state, staff was incompetent and a little arrogant.

• 27th May 2015
  • Poland

It was an excellent experience. Awsome staff and great atmosphere. Great location.

The location is very good and the staff is very friendly but when there are big groups (around 50 people) it is extremely noisy and the hostel administration doesn't ask for respect towards the other guests. The hostel allows groups to behave as if they were the only guests. When we complained they put us in a adifferent room but as the guy there was part of the group it made no difference about the noise.

A really friendly staff, great view from the roof, and AWESOME location, these are three best advantages of the hostel. Yet, the hostel is in an urgent need of major overhaul. In the evenings there was no water coming out of showers on our (2nd) floor, rooms could NOT be locked, and the internet barely worked (only few people could be connected at the same time, and it was available on the bottom floor only).

Great location. Awsome staff. I stayed in Petra twice and loved it both times.

The staff allowed me to keep my luggage there for the day, even though I checked out, which was very kind. The hostel is a little dingy, but it was fairly clean. I felt like it could handle a woman's touch. I probably would choose another hostel next time.