Petra Hostel Reviews

1 David Street, P.O.Box 14030, Jerusalem, Israel

The worse hostel ive ever seen in my life, and ive travelled many trust me, :our sheets have never been cleaned as they were smelling, the room got paper and dirt everywhere, piece of wall were falling Down, i was surprised when i didnt find insects around. The toilet its bad and the shower too with a bit of water when u have the courage to shower there Staff doesnt help or do nothing, Just watch film. I hope it will close soon, go to the swedish hostel or others there are many there

I've travelled quite a lot, and always low budget and low expectations, but this place is just neglected and its employers couldn't care less. Also, the staff is not as hospital, accommodating and trustworthy as the Arabs I met before. I strongly doubt if they cleaned the bed linen and if you consider this place, it's good to know that there are many beds per shower. But well, it could have been worse.

I payed ~350 Shekel (80€) for 2 nights in a single bedroom with ensuite bathroom. So far so cheap. The state of the hostel was honestly below what you would expect even from a cheap hostel though. The door to my room was falling apart, the shower was (literally) a hose in the bathroom without a shower head. No A/C, just a loud, broken fan that made it impossible to sleep. Towels and sheets were clean though. Nice roof top terrace. In summary, I can certainly not recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 11th Sep 2015

Right by the old city with amazing rooftop views, but they have let it go to ruin. The rooms are old, dirty, rarely cleaned or taken care of. The shared bathrooms are disgusting; the shower is broken in one so you have to hold it with one hand and the other emits such a trickle of water that it is barely a shower at all. There is only one key for the dorm, no lockers etc. No communal atmosphere at all and the breakfast is old/stale pitta bread with a few dips. Receptionists don't really care.

Very good location.. It is inside the old city of Jerusalem right by one of the most well known gates. There is a lot to do in the area and many markets to buy food.. Remember to haggle! Basic breakfast, standard washrooms.. Staff was ok and one was actually a bit rude, but I spent most of my time outside the hostel so this didn't affect my stay.. So much to do in Jerusalem

The staff is helpful, breakfast is quite basic, and the facilities were no more than expected for the price. The location is stellar!

• 3rd Jun 2015

Facilities were not in good state, staff was incompetent and a little arrogant.

• 27th May 2015