Pfefferbett Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 176, Berlin, Germany

I had a good experience at the hostel. However, I hate the fact that showers were never clean since I got there, and I stayed for 3 nights. The showers were disgusting! I also didn´t like when I concluded that were “things” like shirts, underwears and cosmetics in the floor and all over the room, from travelers that had already check out from the room. A positive point is that they have meals, everyday, for a very good price. The location is quite good also, very near the Metro and the center.

location is excellent, it's a perfect place to explore Berlin. Beautiful design of the hostel. Breakfast and drinks are overpriced, though you probably wouldn't spend too much time in the hostel - Berlin has so much to offer!

• 27th Mar 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Breakfast too expensive. (6,5 €)

I would totally recommend this hostel to anyone! Very good atmosphere, nice staff and perfect and very safe location, close to bars, restaurants and just few meters from the U Bahn station. The breakfast is delicous and incredibly cheap, for 6,50 you can eat a much as you want with a nive variety of foods! I´ve been in many hostels already and this is among the top five!

Even with their excellent service given, just a couple of girls receptionists arent suitable, on my opinion, to work as a receptionist. i'm talking about their attitude to the customer which was me and my travelmate. Apart from that, was one of the better staying in a hostel since ive been booking on hostelworld.com

Good value for money. Dorms were clean, safe and warm (I went in winter). Useful to have a reading light and a back light so as not to disturb people if you come in late. All the staff were polite and helpful although one was not very well informed about travel and museum passes. The main reception area has a good atmosphere with a snooker table, open fire, but the music is really loud and there is no quiet lounge area . The major downside is that there is no kitchen. More for younger travellers

A very nice place and would not hesitate to go back! The staff are very friendly and happy to assist with any needs. Thanks for an awesome time!

• 3rd Jan 2014

The hostel was nice and in a good location but there was no atmosphere (staying over the new year break). As I checked in the staff didn't acknowledge I was there and just poor customer service. A buzz kill hostel.

• 2nd Jan 2014

Very unhelpful staff, no wifi in dorms.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

It was the perfect hostel for our short trip to Berlin! We stayed in a 6 bed dorm with extra bathroom. It. was clean and nice! I'm shure at my next trip to Berlin I'm staying there again;)

• 20th Dec 2013

Wifi should be in each room

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Bangladesh

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Pfefferbett. Lovely bar/cafe/chill out area with fire and pool table. Rooms were clean and roomy enough. Bathrooms were kept clean. Showers could have been a bit warmer for mid-winter, but otherwise a great place to stay.

Good stay here, interesting Location. Nothing really to say against it - just had better.

The place is very beautiful and comfortable. No drawbacks. I will stay here for sure if I am back to Berlin. Enjoy your stay.

Pfefferbett was pretty cool! The fire place was amazing when it was freezing outside. Its location is only 2 stops from alexander platz! Was a little worried about being too far from the center but the area was really cool and it was the perfect distance. We'd get coffee at one of the cute places on the street and then get on the metro to go wherever! Also the staff was so nice and answered all of our questions, especially Alex who told us the best places to go out and we had a great time!

• 2nd Dec 2013

very modern hostel and well staffed, always able and willing to help out with anything a guest may need. would certainly recommend staying here. fireplace is great too.

• 30th Nov 2013

Overall a good place to stay. The beds were very comfy and the bathrooms super clean. But having a kitchen would have been realy great, and the shower were not practical at all.

Bathroom fixtures need some renovation.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • Belgium

The hostel was alright, a little too industrial for my liking. Toilets seemed to back up rather frequently. Showers are the push type but I suppose that can help save water if a silly person just left the faucet running

Nice, clean and good looking hostel. The staff wasn't very helpful and representative. At first they didn't notice I paid a deposit of 10% and when I came back the next day to get e refund it took them half an hour to sort things out before handing met the money.

• 7th Nov 2013