Pfefferbett Hostel Reviews

Schoenhauser Allee 176, Berlin, Germany

1928 Total Reviews

Clean, bright, modern hostel. In a great arts and restaurant precinct, and close to a metro stop. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I liked that the toilet and shower were separate in the ensuite rooms. The only annoying thing was that the wifi only worked in the downstairs common area, but it handled the load pretty well.

This was one of my favorite hostels from my month long backpacking trip, and it was one of the cheapest ones too! The staff are very attentive, the lobby is set up for meeting new people, and the pillows were so comfy! I would totally stay here again. My only complaint is that wifi didn't reach the bedrooms but that wasn't a huge deal since the lobby had so many places to sit.

Had a great stay! Shower was a bit gross. Beds were great. Great vibes! Great way to meet people in the common area/bar! Night staff a bit lazy, other than that it was a great place, for sure to stay again!

At the start of my stay at the hostel, I didn't find it all that social, despite the friendliness of the staff. If you want to make friends at this hostel you'll have to take initiative. The hostel could be made a lot more social friendly by having Benches inside instead of tables, which were quite secluded. Where it's based is beautiful, but it feels more like a hotel than a hostel I'm afraid. Overall, great stay, don't eat the food here also, it's bad.

• 21st Aug 2015

Very nice hostle. Good bar area down stairs not great for meeting people but there was a good scheme to help lone travelers meet up. Though the lack of WIFI in the rooms or cooking facilities was an inconvenience considering the price being charged.

Wish we could have stayed longer.

• 15th Aug 2015

The place is nice, maybe a bit too commercial. staff was bad. One receptionist was super unfriendly. My bag got lost (or stolen) in the main lobby. They didn't seem to care for a second. It took me 10 min to get someone to listen to me. told me he'll check around and just disappeared! They didn't let me do laundry after 10:00pm. I understand such a rule but it should be clearly told to guests in confirmation or in person. Showers smelled badly. Will look for another place next time in Berlin.

The place is an architectural site in itself. Clever repurposing of an old building and re thinking of its interior spaces. The staff members are all treasures. The most positive and helpful and humorous I have encountered in 5 Euro cities. I will let all my friends in U.S. about this cool and affordable option.

First impressions were good, with the hostel being in a really cool neighbourhood with lots of bars and nice places to eat. Across the road from a train station that takes you to most places. Good lounge area with garden and games, so great atmosphere. The biggest let down was the showers. The only run for 10 seconds at a time and are mostly cold. They're also quite moldy. I went in straight after the cleaner but there was still hair all over the place. Not a great start to the day.

The room we paid for states an en suite which we thought would be for our dorm of 6 but in fact was for the wing of around 10 rooms so we were sharing with roughly 40 people. This made the whole wing smell like urine and this was very unpleasant. For being 35 degree heat and only dropping to 30 at night you would expect air conditioning especially when you have guests from cold Scotland but there was none! We in fact could not stay the night and packed our bags and relocated!

The location is nice and the hostel is really clean. The lockers in the rooms are very easy to use. A big problem though : there is no kitchen and no fridge. Hard to live on a budget without that.

This hostel was great, clean and secure. It's not exactly in the centre but not too far to reach the main centres by public transport. A few things were slightly annoying, for example when we visited in August it was 35 degrees and there was no air conditioning so the room was really hot. Also one of our lockers didn't work in our room so we had to share a locker and the wifi only works in the lobby. The hostel atmosphere is great though, there's a great bar and beer garden to relax in.

• 7th Aug 2015

Would definitely recommend! Stayed in a private four bed form with en suite and could not fault it in any way.

This was a pretty good hostel overall. Location was great and it was nice to have a bar in the hostel. However, not being allowed to bring alcohol back to the hostel was really inconvenient. Also, some of the staff were extremely nice and others were kind of rude.

The hostel itself was nice, but the wifi was terrible. Since it only works in the lobby/bar area, if I wanted to have a quiet call home (which I can only do with wifi), I'd have to shout over the noise of the bar and all of the people downstairs.

The receptionist was confused about the check-in time and that pissed me off a bit (as a matter of fact it is 3pm); also the Wi-Fi only works in the reception area and the signal kept dropping on the first day. They had to reboot it later and eventually it worked decently. Except that, the hostel is just perfect!

Excellently placed hostel just in the centre of the interesting parts of Mitte and at the gates of Prenzlauer Berg. Quite crowded during summer weekends. Still mostly nice, helpful and professional staff. Definitely recommendable!

Very nice hostel overall, well located from main attractions. A few minor things - no air conditionning in the rooms and the plugs were not always working in the room either. We had to notice the staff at least once a day.

Awesome hostel. The staff were brilliant, couldn't have been more helpful if they tried:) I'd recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 31st Jul 2015

best hostel we've stayed in so far, room was spacious (6 bed) and beds are sturdy, you can hang things round it, underground right outside. Staff were terrible, rude especially at breakfast where they were awkward and would make you pay a set buffet price even if you just wanted a glass of juice. Close to sightseeing areas, lots of communal space making it easy to socialise including a garden and a front garden with games, mixed age of people there but generally young adults. Would stay again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5